Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

+34
free_cat
titosantill
Based Bonera
ahmad25
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
The Franchise
chad4401
nasir6371
Blue
Freeza
danyjr
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
M99
zenmaster
eelir
CBarca
Art Morte
windkick
neuro11
McAgger
Wor Ayoze
InterMalia
Onyx
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Bankz
Harmonica
futbol
Ganso
Donuts
BORUSSIA!!
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar? Empty Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

Post by BORUSSIA!! Sat May 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Is it seriously because of his showboating because he definitely didn't play act or dive during the incident towards the end there.

I've seen a lot of comments about Neymar showboating like that being "disrespectful", even some of the commentators were saying that.

I mean are you kidding me. Are players seriously not allowed to do that. What has the game come to. If anyone thinks what Neymar did what disrespectful, stop following the game. You're too dumb for the game and you're not a real football fan. I mean if the opposition has a problem with showboating, learn to defend and get the ball.

Even some of the players in this below clip gets mad for a bit of seal dribble. Unbelievable.

Last edited by BORUSSIA!! on Sun May 31, 2015 11:39 am; edited 4 times in total

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar? Empty Re: Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

Post by Donuts Sat May 30, 2015 11:03 pm

it's a respect thing
but it wasn't really just showboating i think neymar was just trying to get past his man in his own way.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar? Empty Re: Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

Post by Ganso Sat May 30, 2015 11:04 pm

it was definitely showboating. but this is football ffs, you gotta take the piss.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 30, 2015 11:07 pm

maybe, but even then the second half was a bit of a borefest.. i don't mind a player trying to entertain us with skill.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Tbh he only did it because the Athletic players were being thugs and kept kicking him all night.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat May 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Bilbao's players were the ones disrespectful, kicking and grabbing all night without hint of a yellow from the ref, and then suddenly go all out thugs when somebody tries some trick. They should really watch themselves in the mirror first.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 30, 2015 11:21 pm

This wasn't disrespectful was it?
how is it any different from what neymar did (other than the obvious different trick)

i think its just that neymar isn't very likeable to other teams.. he trash talks alot during games and provokes fights whereas ronaldinho just smiled.

Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat May 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Those Bilbao players are pansies I swear. I mean after neymar does the rainbow flick the defender completely ignores the ball alltogether and goes straight for neymars body Razz , like seriously? Was he that humiliated? Lol, this is football ffs. Even During the game against atletico for the title decider, neymar nutmegs 2 players in an instant and the captain comes out to say neymar should learn respect from xavi and iniesta?Very Happy  Gahd, what has football come to? :facepalm:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 30, 2015 11:39 pm

Spanish players are very particular about this. There was a huge "scandal" when Ronaldo did this and many people called it a lack of respect:

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Spanish players need to grow the *bleep* up tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat May 30, 2015 11:50 pm

enrique and pique said nerman was wrong Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat May 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Ganso wrote:enrique and pique said nerman was wrong Laughing
:facepalm:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 31, 2015 12:04 am

"This type of things are very badly regarded in Spain. If I were an Athletic player, I would have reacted the same way or worse. We have to understand that he doesn't do it to humiliate the rival. In Brazil they look at this a different way. We will try, over time, to control this" - Luis Enrique

http://www.marca.com/2015/05/31/futbol/copa_rey/1433024884.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would like to see LE trying to "control" Coachessi's sidekick.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 31, 2015 12:05 am

This is ridiculous Laughing

This isn't sumo wrestling

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 31, 2015 12:08 am

Lucho getting Nerman fired up for the CL final. What a psychologist. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 31, 2015 12:09 am

I really hope that Enrique is just saying that for PR reasons to get in the media good books.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 am

Neymar is making football look unrealistic by doing that FIFA esque trick, therefore he deserved that reaction. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sun May 31, 2015 1:04 am

This is Joga bonito, how on earth could it warrant such a response Laughing

InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wor Ayoze Sun May 31, 2015 1:19 am

Neymar is such a pussy, basically running away from the Athletic player there

Wor Ayoze
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 31, 2015 4:42 am

Ronaldinho raped the Spanish league with these sort of tricks. They used to give him ovations for showboating at times.

Neymar didn't do anything wrong. LE should have stood by his own player and hit out at the ineptitude of Bilbao's defenders not throw Neymar under the bus like that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 31, 2015 5:03 am

Spanish players should better grow up. what does he mean by this is considered disrespectful. he must be crazy. this is just another football tricks. there should be a call for foul because the defender blocked his way. the defenders should be ashamed of getting fooled by his tricks not the other way. how embarrassing is then everyone is surrounding him like they were going to kill him. and it took few min to stop some of the players who looked so violent. absolute pathetic. if it were me, i would have done this week in week out. i am glad Neymar have said after the game that he wont change after what have happened today. And Enrique better not be a media good man, he should be a good man in the dressing room.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun May 31, 2015 5:16 am

Yea seriously, people used to worship Ronaldinho when he did it but if Neymar tries it they flip out.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun May 31, 2015 5:31 am

Wor Ayoze wrote:Neymar is such a pussy, basically running away from the Athletic player there

yeah what an idiot he should of pulled a punch in there or something and get fined / suspended
Rolling Eyes
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 31, 2015 7:29 am

Wtf? What was wrong with that? He just tried to get past the defender in a creative way. I fail to see how anyone could possibly get mad about that. And lol at Enrique's comments, seriously?

And then they say that English football is too much about physicality and long balls while getting their knickers in a twist when someone shows "too much" skill. Unbelievable.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 31, 2015 7:55 am

Ronaldinho did it while the other team were in contention though. He did it all the time. Neymar on the other hand did this (3-0 or 3-1) up and with Bilbao out of the game basically, after they had been throughly outplayed, and this in an important cup final game for Bilbao. When Neymar does fancy tricks in a game that's still ongoing and say a regular league game...I doubt he gets this reaction. I could be wrong though.

I don't think the Ronaldinho comparison is apt for those reasons.

Though I still think they're being pussies. You want to make a statement, shut down the showboating player fair and square and then mock him about it afterwards. Instead to push him down and then react in a childish, angry way because someone was having a bit of fun...lmao
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum