Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

+34
free_cat
titosantill
Based Bonera
ahmad25
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
The Franchise
chad4401
nasir6371
Blue
Freeza
danyjr
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
M99
zenmaster
eelir
CBarca
Art Morte
windkick
neuro11
McAgger
Wor Ayoze
InterMalia
Onyx
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Bankz
Harmonica
futbol
Ganso
Donuts
BORUSSIA!!
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

Post by CBarca Sun May 31, 2015 7:55 am

Ronaldinho did it while the other team were in contention though. He did it all the time. Neymar on the other hand did this (3-0 or 3-1) up and with Bilbao out of the game basically, after they had been throughly outplayed, and this in an important cup final game for Bilbao. When Neymar does fancy tricks in a game that's still ongoing and say a regular league game...I doubt he gets this reaction. I could be wrong though.

I don't think the Ronaldinho comparison is apt for those reasons.

Though I still think they're being pussies. You want to make a statement, shut down the showboating player fair and square and then mock him about it afterwards. Instead to push him down and then react in a childish, angry way because someone was having a bit of fun...lmao

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

Post by eelir Sun May 31, 2015 8:56 am

I really do not like LE statement. Neymar did nothing wrong. He tried to pass a player while at the same time entertaining the crowd. I thought that was the pinnacle of good football, right?

Yeah Bilbao was loosing, but that did not stop them trying to break Neymar's and Messi's legs, so why should Neymar change his way of playing?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Sun May 31, 2015 9:10 am

I really don't understand the anger they showed. Poor fellas they had nothing is response Laughing

Its so refreshing to see those tricks in game.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 31, 2015 9:24 am

I really don't get it. Is this a new thing in Spain. Ronaldinho used to do it on a daily basis and he never got flamed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 31, 2015 10:01 am

Pffft... They can cry us a river. It's just the way Neymar is and he won't change. Kicking and shirt pulling the entire game is much worse...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 31, 2015 10:06 am

the way it looks in the video, yes he was fouled in execution but there's no way he would ever reach that ball in the first place Laughing

If you make such a trick, make it successful.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 31, 2015 10:16 am

to make it successful, you have to practice. how can he practice when his coach thinks its disrespectful scratch

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 31, 2015 11:04 am

There is nothing wrong with performing a rainbow flick in my opinion. However it is the manner in which he performed it was wrong. Had he done this at 0-0 I'd say why not, in fact most of us watched football because of watching players like Neymar and not Thomas Müller. But at 3-0 the game is well and truly over and you're just trying to humiliate the opponent.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 31, 2015 12:18 pm

If he'd done it at 0-0 people would be claiming he doesn't respect his opponent enough because he's showboating without leading the tie. Ridiculous to hate on tricks. That's what I watch football for sometimes.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Exactly. Are things like rainbow flicks, 360s, rabonas only doable on the training pitch? Absolutely not. A player can do them whenever the hell he likes.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 31, 2015 2:30 pm

CBarca wrote:Ronaldinho did it while the other team were in contention though. He did it all the time. Neymar on the other hand did this (3-0 or 3-1) up and with Bilbao out of the game basically, after they had been throughly outplayed, and this in an important cup final game for Bilbao. When Neymar does fancy tricks in a game that's still ongoing and say a regular league game...I doubt he gets this reaction. I could be wrong though.

I don't think the Ronaldinho comparison is apt for those reasons.

Though I still think they're being pussies. You want to make a statement, shut down the showboating player fair and square and then mock him about it afterwards. Instead to push him down and then react in a childish, angry way because someone was having a bit of fun...lmao

Ronaldinho did it whether it was 0-0 or 6-0 what's more it was a lot worse in terms of taking the piss. They just need to grow up tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 31, 2015 2:33 pm

That "0-0, 3-0" theory Laughing so trying to score a bicycle goal at 3-0 means humiliating opponents because thats unnecessary....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun May 31, 2015 2:54 pm

neuro11 wrote:That "0-0, 3-0" theory Laughing so trying to score a bicycle goal at 3-0 means humiliating opponents because thats unnecessary....

^This... perfectly said, just perfect Laughing ..
What's more funny I'd that you really needed to see how the defender completely ignored to ball altogether and went straight for neymar Razz
But neymar and rainbow flicks tho.. :bow:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun May 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Tbh it is quite classless to showboat when you already winning 3-0 against a mightily inferior opponents. It is like eating a whopper in front of a starving kid. Classless

Lets not compare Neymar to Ronaldinho, Ronaldinho would do it any time against any opposition. Real Madrid, Milan, Juve, Chelsea, etc. He would also do it  any critical moments. His tricks and flair was completely congruent to his character, unlike this POS Neymar who pick and choose.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 31, 2015 3:13 pm

So does Neymar he's been getting shit about it all season.

This classless stuff is funny, everybody wants football to be a robotic sport about stats and free of expression going by this thread.

It already is but this just confirms it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun May 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Blue wrote:Tbh it is quite classless to showboat when you already winning 3-0 against a mightily inferior opponents. It is like eating a whopper in front of a starving kid. Classless

Lets not compare Neymar to Ronaldinho, Ronaldinho would do it any time against any opposition. Real Madrid, Milan, Juve, Chelsea, etc. He would also do it  any critical moments. His tricks and flair was completely congruent to his character, unlike this POS Neymar who pick and choose.

Thought neymar did a rainbow flick against Real Madrid scratch thought he did a double nutmeg against atletico at 0-0 scratch well, neymar has done rainbow flicks and all manner of moves (which have no names) all his career to anyone against any team when he feels like, its just that, you're too butthurt to grasp and in Barcelona, he can't just take laws into his hands cause he isn't the teams go to man which ronaldinho rightfully was.
By the way, Ronaldinho didn't do any rainbow flick against any team in Europe (I can't remember any tho), so get your facts right scrub.. What he did was elasticos, flicks, no look passes, nutmegs, and a hocus pocus he didn't get right against real betis, so does that make him a scrub for doing it while winning and against a weak team in betis? Or did he all do them when they were loosing? Well, no, and he still remains a Goat of Goats.
BTW, you'll have to get used to this from now on Very Happy
But then again maybe you're the POS here hmm
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun May 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So does Neymar he's been getting shit about it all season.

This classless stuff is funny, everybody wants football to be a robotic sport about stats and free of expression going by this thread.

It already is but this just confirms it.

Perception sometime is reality. Ronaldinho played with that confidence and fun style throughout the match. Take this game against Milan for example.

The video is also missing the part where dinho fools Gattuso and provides a killer pass.

When you watched Dinho you couldn't help to be mesmerized by his confidence and god like ability. So does the Milan players they felt the same way.

When you watch Neymar and whenever he does his little fancy tricks, you don't get the same feeling. You get the feeling "really man now you decide to play like this when you are up 3-0" Same way Athletic players felt, Pique felt, and Enrique felt.

Bankz wrote:[

Attacking another poster shows your level of intelligence. I don't have time for people like you.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 31, 2015 3:59 pm

Nope Ronaldinho just had a better reputation and at the time it was considered ok and nobody wet their pants over a few tricks.

Also lol at linking a video like I didn't watch every Ronaldinho match while he was at Barca Laughing

The attitude to tricks has just changed and wrongly too, football in general has got too serious and professional and the freedom to entertain doesn't exist anymore sadly.

No wonder the likes of Ronaldinho doesn't exist anymore and the likes of Gatusso exists in plenty. The whole football watching world seriously needs to grow up and chill out.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wor Ayoze Sun May 31, 2015 3:59 pm

Donuts wrote:
Wor Ayoze wrote:Neymar is such a pussy, basically running away from the Athletic player there

yeah what an idiot he should of pulled a punch in there or something and get fined / suspended
Rolling Eyes

No he shouldn't have ran away and hid behind Xavi

Wor Ayoze
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 31, 2015 4:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

No wonder the likes of Ronaldinho doesn't exist anymore and the likes of Gatusso exists in plenty.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun May 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Biggest issue is when he is doing it. Up 3-1 in the dying minutes of the game. No one would have care if he did it when the game was still in contention. He was just rubbing it in their face during the end. Pretty lowbrow if you ask me.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun May 31, 2015 5:08 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Biggest issue is when he is doing it. Up 3-1 in the dying minutes of the game. No one would have care if he did it when the game was still in contention. He was just rubbing it in their face during the end. Pretty lowbrow if you ask me.

Well, how bout this? hmm perfectly put by neuro.
neuro11 wrote:That "0-0, 3-0" theory Laughing so trying to score a bicycle goal at 3-0 means humiliating opponents because thats unnecessary....
After all, the player could just trap the ball down and place the ball at the far post instead of humiliating the opponents by trowing some useless bicycle kick. That looks more respectable to me Very Happy
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun May 31, 2015 6:14 pm

i don't really see anything wrong with it, but i can understand 3-0 up argument, no need to go after him in a group like that, talk some trash foul him next play simple
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Blue wrote:
When you watch Neymar and whenever he does his little fancy tricks, you don't get the same feeling. You get the feeling "really man now you decide to play like this when you are up 3-0" Same way Athletic players felt, Pique felt, and Enrique felt.

Way to generalize how we all feel when watching Neymar play. While I haven't been able to watch him as much as I would like, one of the main reasons I enjoy watching him is his flair. Why must we compare him to Ronaldinho? Neymar is free to play the way he likes - at the end of the day, those very skills are one of the reasons many people enjoy watching him play.

I'm glad he is still doing these things while at Barca. I remember Sanchez really seems to be a shadow of his skillful self when joining Barca. I understand the philosophy is different, but I don't agree with signing a player and then asking them to change their style so drastically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun May 31, 2015 8:42 pm

lets just be real here.
people don't like it cuz its neymar, everyone liked ronaldinho, even madrid fans.
where as only brazilians and barca fans really like neymar.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 31, 2015 8:55 pm

Neymar comes across as the Justin Bieber of football. An elitist player who has been hyped since he was born with fancy haircuts and celebrations who joined the dominant team of the 21st century in a shady deal where his father allegedly pocketed € 40M. He also dives. Ronaldinho was the people's champ. The guy with the rabbit teeth who joined Barca during the dark times, a player with less hype than David Beckham despite being 10 times the player. Neymar will never be as likeable.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next