Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

+34
free_cat
titosantill
Based Bonera
ahmad25
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
The Franchise
chad4401
nasir6371
Blue
Freeza
danyjr
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
M99
zenmaster
eelir
CBarca
Art Morte
windkick
neuro11
McAgger
Wor Ayoze
InterMalia
Onyx
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Bankz
Harmonica
futbol
Ganso
Donuts
BORUSSIA!!
38 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:08 am

Fußball wrote:The annoying thing is that Nerman doesn't have the natural flair for those tricks. I mean both his rainbow flicks actually failed and went out of play against Mehdrid and Athletic. Laughing

He was probably just a tad nervous. It's definitely more fun to show off against big teams, when the amount of attention is at it's peak, but failure to do so is also more embarrassing.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why were Athletic's players angry at Neymar?

Post by Blue Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:26 am

Donuts wrote:lets just be real here.
people don't like it cuz its neymar, everyone liked ronaldinho, even madrid fans.
where as only brazilians and barca fans really like neymar.

You know you are suggesting Pique, Enrique, and Xavi don't like Neymar?

There is a difference between a genuine showman like Ronaldinho and a player who showboats.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:07 am

Thimmy wrote:Well, it's mostly frustrating when a player on the opposing team starts doing it when there's little time left of the match and your team is struggling to even out the result. I don't know why some people on here seem to be so baffled that someone would be offended by it Rolling Eyes

I was actually a tad disappointed with the Athletic defender for not taking Neymar to the cleaners but I guess he showed more restraint than, let's say, me. But I totally get their anger, I just don't get why the need to make Neymar change his style or his flair for the trickery.

If Abelda, the king of nasty bastardry and his disciple Marchena were allowed to be who they were, why not Neymar?!

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:18 am

Blue wrote:
people don't like it cuz its neymar, everyone liked ronaldinho, even madrid fans.

There is a difference between a genuine showman like Ronaldinho and a player who showboats.

I'm talking about the neutrals or people complaining about it in the forums. aka fans.

xavi and enrique had no balls to say it to ronaldinho when he was doing it.
pique didn't say it was bad.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:22 am

Wow! first it was Puyol, then Lucho and Xavi now....whom they are trying to please...bilbao fans?? or the spanish people. Neymar should have enough reasons to be pissed off by now.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:47 am

donuts and jibers make good points...ronaldinho seemed to have a new dance every time he scored, and he showboated as well, neither puyol nor xavi said anything to him about it or told him to stop, double standard much...if the opposition doesn't like it, next time play harder or execute a lethal double-legged tackle. stop whining and crying to the media
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:06 am

I heard that Xavi doesnt like new players. He always praises busquets iniesta pique messi pedro but he never said anything good about new players. He gets jealous when Neymar gets the all the glory when his la masia friends doesnt get any credit

I dont know if its true but his full praise about pedro in his last interview confirms that theres some truth in it
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:52 am

Fußball wrote:The annoying thing is that Nerman doesn't have the natural flair for those tricks. I mean both his rainbow flicks actually failed and went out of play against Mehdrid and Athletic. Laughing

That depends on what you're on to because
1. Isn't The lambreta something neymar has done time and time again to humiliate opponents and successfully at that? (Most of the time). scratch
2. Neymar got it perfectly right against bilbao, hence the reason the defender didnt even bother chasing the ball and went straight for his face, and that was a foul. But yeah, the Madrid one was a complete fail Laughing
3. The lambreta is a very very complex trick to execute, cause unlike elastico, step-over, hocus pocus at the rest, the rainbow flick is a move you have no control over for the 1st full second of execution, till your legs touches the ground, thus giving your opponents a head start, hence 90% of players don't even bother to try it in the first place. And even when they do, most get fouled even before or as soon as the ball touches the gound.  hmm
4. As a further proof of what I'm saying, genuine goats like ronaldo, ronaldinho or zidane never ever tried it in a match, I mean not even once, even as great a showman as dinho was. Robinho only did in a charity game (which isn't saying much) neither have I seeing guys like baggio, messi or cr7 do it even when he was a showboater, how much more do it regularly like neymar in an actual match. Pato tried it once in Milan, against Lazio or Napoli can't really remember now and failed and also got it right in once at internacional. Neither have I seeing kaka, Adriano, Pele or most other greats do it or do it often and in an actual match. scratch
5. Yeah, xavi should stfu seriously. When dinho danced and showboated for fun, nobody had the nerve to say anything then, so why is neymar the easy target? Xavi cuts across like he doesn't genuinely like those Brazilians or like he's always being a hater from day one tbh.. Why so concerned, so should there be a manual on how football should be played now or when what should be done now? I can understand the opponent's frustrations but I mean not from his own players. :facepalm:
Honestly, if I were neymar, I'd be very uncomfortable in the dressing room at this point, cause I wouldn't know what to expect next. Just like franchise said, I am disappointed in xavi, pique and most of all Enrique.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:11 am

This is football and Athletic is one of the most successful copa teams, even ahead of RM! If they cant keep their anger, they should not be called professional players and club.

Neymar could have been showboating, but why not? The result was not 5:0, it was merely 3:1. Yeah there were only few minutes left, but that did not stop Athletic players to play like thugs, so why shouldn't Neymar and the rest showboat against thugs? If someone can give ma a one good reason why is thuggery less of a "crime" than showboating I will agree that Neymar was wrong.

Just so you know, I am not against such a tough play, but if you are playing like that till the end, it means two things:
1. Either you think you still have a chance
2. Either you are but-hurt cuz you know it is a lost cause - unprofessional.

In both cases Neymar was correct to play however he liked to play and Xavi and co. (I love Xavi and co.) can got **** themselves.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:14 am

Neymar's so good that they feel the need to keep talking about him. Proud

Changing his style just because some ladies are sad 'cause they got rolled over is ridiculous. I would have liked him to do tricks even more frequently, it's the beauty of football.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:01 pm

Donuts wrote:
Blue wrote:

I'm talking about the neutrals or people complaining about it in the forums. aka fans.

xavi and enrique had no balls to say it to ronaldinho when he was doing it.
pique didn't say it was bad.

I forgot about Puyol also. Lets face the facts  numerous Barca players have come out not in support of Neymar actions. fair enough?

There is a difference between Neymar actions and Dinho's, i will try to explain using real life examples.

you and another person could tell the same joke or insulting joke, you could be hailed for your joke and the other person could be called a jackass or douchebag. What is the difference? the difference is everything. Character, delivery, tone, body language, etc. Words and actions sometimes have different meaning, and all of those things i listed plays a part.

Ronaldinho was loved for his antics, tricks, dances, and spontaneous ability . He oozed with confidence at his peak, no one ever graced the pitch with his combination of showmanship and effectiveness. What i liked most about Dinho was his authenticity, he loved to have fun more then anything. He was himself and he never compromised, and unfortunately that came at the cost of a short peak career. Dinho couldn't be like CR7 and Messi, he had no desire to be the best ever or put up those stats. He was authentic and people loved him for that, with Neymar he doesn't bring out that same feeling.

Messi and CR7 have absolutely revolutionized the game, and the game will never be the same. Those stats they have put up is extraordinary no one ever thought those numbers were ever possible before they came. But those numbers will be shattered in the near future by other players who attempt to duplicate their efficiency. but i digress though
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:05 pm

doesn't change my original post though.
it just means some people do not like neymar and just love ronaldinho.

the only person i'm dissapointed with their comments is enrique, puyol and xavi are no longer players for us just spectators and they are entitled to their own opinion but it is rather hypocritical..
which isn't news we all know how xavi can be lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Donuts wrote:doesn't change my original post though.
it just means some people do not like neymar and just love ronaldinho.

the only person i'm dissapointed with their comments is enrique, puyol and xavi are no longer players for us just spectators and they are entitled to their own opinion but it is rather hypocritical..
which isn't news we all know how xavi can be lol

Lets agree to disagree. Very Happy
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Donuts wrote:the only person i'm dissapointed with their comments is enrique

I think he said it just because it's more politically correct. I doubt he intends to make Neymar change his style, of course he doesn't lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:04 pm

All i see here is just about timing. Dinhos arrival came at the right time. What I don't understand in blues comments (though I respect it) is how dinhos was more authentic or exuded more confidence as compared to neymar? Seriously, The only thing I see here is that dinho had the whole team built around him and he was there between 24-28 years, so people could hardly intimidate him plus he didn't have this goatcelona with too many goats on it to tell him how to play his game instead he came at the right time where barca were in need of a saviour and could tolerate whatever it was that he did provided he brought results Rolling Eyes  but that's different in neymars case. In fact it's the complete opposite where the team is already known to be the greatest ever with the greatest ever player still playing, all done without those excesses, they see neymar as breaking a style which isn't synonymous with them. That's all there is to it, at least in my opinion. And as for the opposition, they'll eventually get used to it sooner than later when nature takes its course.

Now look at that double nutmeg assist, if dinho or messi did this everyone would be going on for ages talking bout it, the no look disguise back spin vs sevilla there is nothing short of witchcraft or the shuffle back pass to messi vs Valencia. Or those unreal ball controls vs deportivo. So, How do these for example not ooze charisma or confidence? Compared to dinho's and all these where done with the game being tied at 1-1, 0-0, 3-2 and 3-2. These are very few I know, but its just to let you know that this has nothing to do with dinho's confidence and charisma as that's exactly what neymar exhudes when he does them.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sumon_blue Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:31 am

another showboat eco smile

Thanks GOD Headmaster Xavi wasn't there. :coffee:
sumon_blue
sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4