Myesyats
Pedram
mr-r34
RED
Unique
74 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 19 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:46 am

Robespierre wrote:http://www.thenation.com/article/what-i-discovered-from-interviewing-isis-prisoners/

This piece is really really interesting.

Interview with jihadist prisoners in their prisons in Kirkuk.

I advice to read it enitrely.

Just to come back in topic ...
Spoiler:

this is another great piece by Thenation . They write often very good pieces.

http://www.thenation.com/article/we-cannot-defeat-isis-without-defeating-the-wahhabi-theology-that-birthed-it/

Into the void created by the decimation of the Arab world’s secular left, the Wahhabis stepped in, with almost unlimited financial resources. Wahhabi ideas spread throughout the region not because they have any merit—they don’t—but because they were and remain well funded. We cannot defeat ISIS without defeating the Wahhabi theology that birthed it. And to do so would require spending as much effort and money in defending liberal ideas.

[...]

he government of Saudi Arabia has beheaded more people this year than ISIS. It persecutes Shias and atheists. It has slowly destroyed sites of cultural and religious significance around Mecca and Medina. To almost universal indifference, it has been bombing Yemen for seven months. Yet whenever terror strikes, it escapes notice and evades responsibility. In this, it is aided and abetted by Western governments, who buy oil from tyrants and sell them weapons, while paying lip service to human rights.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 19 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:48 am

RedOranje wrote:
Swanhends wrote:Well USA is going all out piss-your-pants-and-cling-to-racism mode, shocker. I'm *bleep* disgusted at the steaming sewage I've heard from Mayors, Congressmen, Governors, Presidential Candidates, and seemingly just about every other class of elected official available for comment in just the last 6 days. Special forms of ID? Religious litmus tests?? *bleep* INTERNMENT CAMPS??? Politicians and pundits alike are throwing around just stunningly abhorrent rounds of verbal feces and people are derping their heads right along with it. An Obama veto is the only thing stopping these shitheads from immediately halting all refugee acceptance, along with god knows what other legislation they'd like to cram through but haven't gotten around to introducting yet. Incredible.

It's my understanding the the interment camp this was a misquote/misrepresentation of the actual comments made.  That does nothing to explain/excuse the rest of it though.

I don't think so, not the instance I'm referring to at least. I'm sure at this point there are probably more than one example, but the Roanoke VA mayor put out an official signed statement on the mayoral office letterhead:

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/roanoke.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/48/54895fc2-dcfa-50a9-9e40-4c382ed7ab4e/564cb43537672.pdf.pdf
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:39 am

RedOranje wrote:
Don't Call Me James wrote:
Obama is one of the greatest orators to get into the white house. Possibly the greatest.
I can immediately think of 5 better, probably 10 if given a bit of time.  Ultimately his placement as an orator, much like his general placement in overall performance, will only be able to be measured after time has passed to provide better perspective, though.

okay mate
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:46 am

Teddy Roosevelt
FDR
Abraham Lincoln
Thomas Jefferson
Ronald Reagan
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:57 am

Okay mate keep listing people that you've never seen or heard give a speech. Oration is the delivery of a speech.

Reagan, Teddy, and FDR I can understand being on your list because at the very least available video audio of their speeches exist. And no I don't agree with Teddy or Reagan being a better orator than Obama. FDR and JFK are the two I think that rival him.

But the rest of the guys there's no evidence available to argue the point. It's unfortunate but it is how it is.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:17 am

In the modern era, i'd put JFK and FDR as the top two and it's not even close. After those two, it's a tossup between Obama, Reagan and Clinton imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:40 am

Don't call me James wrote:Okay mate keep listing people that you've never seen or heard give a speech. Oration is the delivery of a speech.

Reagan, Teddy, and FDR I can understand being on your list because at the very least available video audio of their speeches exist. And no I don't agree with Teddy or Reagan being a better orator than Obama. FDR and JFK are the two I think that rival him.

But the rest of the guys there's no evidence available to argue the point. It's unfortunate but it is how it is.

It IS actually possible to develop a good idea of historical orators using first hand accounts and sources from the period that describe the orators and their abilities, as well as analysis of their speeches, debates, etc.

Historians, experts, and other professionals with extensive knowledge on the subjects feel comfortable in judging such things for not only previous presidents, but also ancient leaders and figures using exactly these and other sources of information.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:01 am

Lincoln has to be on top of the list too.  If you read transcripts of his speeches.... they are just breathtaking.  FDR's fireside chats were pretty insane, especially given the context of how much trouble the US was in.

So if i was to combine the quality of the speech and the impact it had based on historical context... i don't know Laughing Lincoln was dealing with a civil war and FDR was dealing with the great depression. You can't get more critical in terms of domestic issues than that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:11 am

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:24 am

BREAKING NEWS  - Gunmen attack at Radisson hotel in Mali capital. Taken  170 hostages,  many are French citizens.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 am

Reports say gunmen are releasing hostages who can recite parts of the Koran.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:40 am

Ceterum censeo ISIS esse delendam...

(@Red about that is is well possible to assess the impact of top orators even of the far past and @current events, see above)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:22 pm

why are people debating who was the best US president. its not like any elected leader runs a country anyway.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Rwo, on the topic of Muslim leaders condemning ISIS, you should take a look at this:

http://www.lettertobaghdadi.com/

Open letter to ISIS by 120 leading Islamic scholars condemning, in detail, every point that ISIS has used to justify their horrible actions. Been endorsed unanimously across the Muslim world.

This is a Huffington Post article explaining it, as the letter itself might appear quite confusing: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/24/muslim-scholars-islamic-state_n_5878038.html
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:01 pm

@Cruijf

Thank you very much! That's great and yeah, stuff like this is what I mean and what is needed.

I really hope that it might give some people some more perspective about how far these ISIS slaughterers are away from any redemption so that they will decide not to follow them.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:33 pm

United Nations security council has voted unanimously to authorise countries to take "all necessary measures" to tackle Islamic State

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 19 CUSpffLWwAAVp2s
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:12 pm

No metros no cinema no football  no ppl.
Anxiety and fear to wrap everything.
It's   Saturday.
It's Bruxelles.

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 19 CUUwLf2UYAA-6ky
ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 19 CUUwOVyUAAAb89L
ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 19 CUVA6kuUEAEe-Zv
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Chronic 2 Bass's Message to all Muslims in France

https://www.facebook.com/1112592598752758/videos/vb.1112592598752758/1112965612048790/?type=2&theater

Thumbs up

(With German subs: http://www.20min.ch/panorama/news/story/24832175 )
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:52 pm

Breaking news :

Brussels police ask for a social media blackout on police raids happening now

before Belgian PM said " Precise information of imminent threat by several individuals at mulitiple locations, in scenario as Paris"
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Meanwhile in France after the Paris slaughter the requests for the call up  (the military national service ) are increased for 24 % , 1500 every day.
Even the French colonel Eric De Lapresle said to be astonished for It because this fact has no precedent in the history.
Incredible date.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:59 am

didn't feel like making a separate thread (should rename this to all purpose terror attacks thread as saddening as that reality is)

belgium's turn now

tbh that it took this long for a major terrorist attack in belgium surprised me

airport bombings and a number of metro stations too, 23 dead so far and multiple injuries..seems ongoing.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:04 am

This, with the country in martial law and with hundreds of domicile raids in the last months. There's just no way to be safe.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm

I wonder what they will say Belgium did to deserve it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Firenze wrote:didn't feel like making a separate thread (should rename this to all purpose terror attacks thread as saddening as that reality is)
I renamed it. I'm deeply saddened and incredibly angry at those inhuman slaughterers who cause so much pain and grief all over the world.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Watching my posts in 21 November above.

The Belgian intelligence services talked about an imminent and serious danger for months, they knew it could happen really and they did everything to avoid this (and maybe they 'll have avoided other attacks in this months, but saying "thwarted an attack" would have created a widespread panic..)
Bruxlles was armored for months.
It was not unprepared like Paris in last November
The most controlled city in the Europe, not even Roma during the Jubilee

yet, it was useless.

the brutal conclusion is that  the Europe has the means to postpone the attacks but not more' ...

We are totally powerless.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Get Trump in now, he'll fix this.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next