Kaladin
Robespierre
Freeza
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
73 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 7 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by jibers Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:32 pm

chad4401 wrote:@ahmad that rubbish its a bad pass, if it was messi missing that everybody would be blaming lavezzi fact

the penalty was awful true but players miss pens all the time even the ones with better composure

messi did a grand total of bleep all and that needs to b said instead of jumping on higuain, im the first person to even mention him as a choker, and that miss had nothing to do with choking

This. Awful cross tbh. But I thought tap ins didn't matter though. The cognitive dissonance that takes place on this forum. Would make for a great psychology thesis.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 7 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by À bout de souffle Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:56 pm

ahmad25 wrote:Would or should will not change anything.the fact is that higuain did everything wrong

Wrong.

- He held up the ball well.
- He made one probing run behind the defense where messi overhit the lob.
- He made a lay off to Lavezzi in the box.

It's really how you see it.

He did two things .miss that chance and miss penalty. Messi also did two things.created that chance and scored penalty. How its comparable?

What malarkey is this^? Laughing

Higuaín is a tier 2/3 striker and a first class choker, and will be remembered as such. Messi, on the other hand, is amongst the pantheon of all-time greats and contention for the GOAT.

Since when is Higuaín the standard for Messi's performances? rofl I sense desperation here.

For someone who's hailed as the greatest of his generation, for someone who wears the captain's arm band, for someone who vouches to bring glory to his NT, for 2 of the biggest games of his NT career his body language was poor, and showed zero hustle off the ball or any character.

Him showing his back during the shoot-out sums up his performances. Messi is the new Thiago Silva.

Today Higs is Messi's biggest alibi, tom it will be a diff kid wearing the albiceleste shirt.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Yeah ok it was higuain who dribbled 2 players and set up mehsi and mehhhsi missed.then he scored only penalty and mehsi missed again

People talk as if messi doesnt get blame for his bad games. in the past after a bad game he was bombed after each game.he cant score in england.he cant score against italy teams.he is nothing without xaviesta and etc. Even now people say he is flop in argentina. What kind of blames is still available? If someone blames higuain once yeah lets change the topic and attack messi because its more interesting
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:01 pm

You're just being a fanboi, sir. Next.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't like how because someone has higher expectations his performances are treated differently irrelevant of the actual performance.

What happened to fighting for Equality Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Love how a thread becomes like a TV show and there are sub plots happening all over the place
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Love how a thread becomes like a TV show and there are sub plots happening all over the place

This Portugal > Argentina sub plot has been going on for a couple of episodes right now, it's going nowhere despite the excellent performances of Moal/farfarce.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:21 pm

It's farcefan.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:23 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Love how a thread becomes like a TV show and there are sub plots happening all over the place

This Portugal > Argentina sub plot has been going on for a couple of episodes right now, it's going nowhere despite the excellent performances of Moal/farfarce.

Disagree, the ratings are all time high on GLO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:26 pm

You can miss...  as long as you make more than you miss in big games.  That's the big issue.  Pipita missed more than he makes.  As a poacher, that's really tough because you don't have other aspects to your game that can overcome these mistakes.

A lot of players at Madrid/Barca are overhyped and given unrealistic expectations...  it hurts them more than it helps because they believe the hype.  So instead of staying humble and really working hard at becoming better, they arrogantly believe they're already among the best.

That's why i really don't like to see kids that haven't proven themselves come to Madrid.  It's a black hole mostly. There are exceptions... but they're rare.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:30 pm

S wrote:Paying €50-€60m for Higuain is just not worth it.Urban is sounding a bit desperate here.
I mean Arsenal dint deem him worth €40m when the last time they showed an interest in him.They obviously wouldn't pay a bit more to acquire him now.
He's been so-so with Napoli in his two yrs in Italy.I don't think he's the one Arsenal should be breaking the bank on.

Been waiting since van Nursie for a first choice striker, I don't only seem desperate, I am.

Every year it's the same, "Costa not.suited to our style of play",."Cavani too expensive", "Falcao high wages", "Higuain not worth it", basically everyone who is not Benzema is rejected by our fanbase for one reason. I am beyond caring at this point, any striker who has some quickness in him and can hit the target most of the time is welcome for me, nevermind 20-goal/season striker like Higuain.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Higgy won't get Arsenal the CL but is it really such a stretch to think that he might get them 10 more points a season? He might be a scrub killer but Arsenal lost points against Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Leicester, Liverpool,  & Hull last season, most of them by a one goal difference or draws. If you're aiming for the title the small matches are just as important as the big.

That being said, I wouldn't pay more than 40m euros for him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:39 pm

The reason Arsenal didn't contend last year was because Wenger thought he was Ranieri for 6 months.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:40 pm

This Portugal > Argentina sub plot is better than Dorne imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Higgy won't get Arsenal the CL but is it really such a stretch to think that he might get them 10 more points a season? He might be a scrub killer but Arsenal lost points against Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Leicester, Liverpool,  & Hull last season, most of them by a one goal difference or draws. If you're aiming for the title the small matches are just as important as the big.

Yep, even then Higuain scored against top 4 teams with Napoli, scored against Juventus/Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina so it's not like he's a complete liability in big games. He scored 3 goals in 4 in the CL group of death in 13/14, 7 goals in 10 Europa League. But let's ignore all this to make a point Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Urbie... are you ok with a player that will put up decent stats, but that you can't rely on in the truly clutch moments of big games? That's the ONLY criticism imo. Doesn't make a bad striker. In fact, Higuain is a good one. But he is not great and, at this point, never will be.

How much do you really gain with Higuain over Giroud or Walcott? I don't know. Imo, if Arsenal are going to change CFs... they really need to go after a top guy as opposed to a pseudo top guy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 pm

he chokes, he choked with the pk, but i will NOT classify that chance from the lavezzi pass as a choke. imo it wasn't that good a pass, it was a tight angle and his body wasn't in the right frame to hit it with enough power and accuracy. its easy to blame him, but for the pk (and the fact he missed a crucial pk with napoli) not that "chance"...frankly, i didn't even expect him to score it when the ball came through. chile deserved to go through. argentina were garbage all tournament, except for the semi final....i was of the opinion they were preserving their form for the latter stages of the competition, but alas
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:Urbie...  are you ok with a player that will put up decent stats, but that you can't rely on in the truly clutch moments of big games?  That's the ONLY criticism imo.  Doesn't make a bad striker.  In fact, Higuain is a good one.  But he is not great and, at this point, never will be.

How much do you really gain with Higuain over Giroud or Walcott?  I don't know.  Imo, if Arsenal are going to change CFs... they really need to go after a top guy as opposed to a pseudo top guy.

Again the same argument, there's no top guy, Higuain is the closest thing to a "top guy" that could be available (yes I recognize that he is not world class).

We need a striker and as the best option in the market I would take him, of course I would like to have Benzema/Aguero/Cavani/enter world class striker but we simply can't get one, been trying for years and failing. When the best strikers were available Falcao/Cavani/Costa/Lewandowski we didn't pay up and now we're left with no one in the market when we finally have the money Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:43 pm

One of the most weak minded player i have ever seen.

Hes still a top 15-20 striker though lol but just dont count on him to win you a game. And FFS, you better hope he gets red carded before the penalties. Good luck Arsenal, stay safe.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:30 am

urbaNRoots wrote:basically everyone who is not Benzema is rejected by our fanbase
*clears throat* :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:46 am

He has just kept regressing after that back injury (especially his mentality). I don't remember him being this inconsistent and mentally weak. It's a shame really, he had lots of potential.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Higgy won't get Arsenal the CL but is it really such a stretch to think that he might get them 10 more points a season? He might be a scrub killer but Arsenal lost points against Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Leicester, Liverpool,  & Hull last season, most of them by a one goal difference or draws. If you're aiming for the title the small matches are just as important as the big.

Why bother when you can get some younger kid who can do what he already does and probably will be better than him not long after?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:49 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

Again the same argument, there's no top guy, Higuain is the closest thing to a "top guy" that could be available (yes I recognize that he is not world class).
:

But thats not true man. They are out there, you just need to find them and devolp them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Arsenal should go all in for Lacazette, not for this loser.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Lacazette isn't good enough. Wenger's just waiting for Madrid to sign the next big thing like Kane or a seasoned striker like Aguero before pouncing on Benzema.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Benz is Florentino's playboy lol.

If Wenger is waiting for him he'll be like this.....

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 7 617846
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next