Kaladin
Robespierre
Freeza
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
73 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 9 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:taking chances when you have bergkamp at your club is not the same as doing it when you have giroud Laughing

you can rewrite history and bend it as much as you want, but Lacazette is coming off his first true top season. you want to be careful about that and watch him some more. your reasoning is just hype, hype, hype , hype, hype, hype.

i like hype myself, but he hasnt done enough. that's just my opinion. if you think he is the next big thing, good for you. But if that's the case, Kane would just be as good a choice,

Does Lacazette still have to prove ? Yes of course but he's coming off a great season and Arsenal should take the risk. It's a gamble like with any transfert but Chelsea bought Drogba after only one great season in ligue 1. a club like Arsenal can't/don't want to go after the few WC strikers out there. they look for potential great talents and Lacazette has proved enough that he's worth the gamble. That being said, more than 20-25 millions is too much imo.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 9 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:13 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:"When Messi dies, higuain should bury him just so he can let him down one last time",

the irony is that anyone who's going to loko at higuain's stats in the future is going to call him '' great '' . Dude is almost 1 in 2 in career.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:45 pm

It's Lacazette's second top season, not his first one...  he was playing behind Gomis, who was the pure 9, and still managed 21 goals the season before despite starting very slowly. And it was slow because they wanted Benzia to play with Lacazette and Benzia flopped completely...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Aulas has leaked that he won't sell Lacazette for anything less than 40 million.... and Atleti offered 35 mil (were rejected). So forget the 20-25 mil nonsense Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 pm

farfan wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:taking chances when you have bergkamp at your club is not the same as doing it when you have giroud Laughing

you can rewrite history and bend it as much as you want, but Lacazette is coming off his first true top season. you want to be careful about that and watch him some more. your reasoning is just hype, hype, hype , hype, hype, hype.

i like hype myself, but he hasnt done enough. that's just my opinion. if you think he is the next big thing, good for you. But if that's the case, Kane would just be as good a choice,

bergkamp wasn't exactly a goal machine , and banking on a converted winger to be your main goal scorer was a risky move no matter how you look at it .

Lacazette's first season as a CF was 2013-2014 . he hit the ground running and was intrsumental in OL reaching the EL quarters and CDL final , scored twice against Saint shitienne , PSG , OM etc..

i'm not saying that Lacazette is the next big thing or a futur BO , but he should be a good enough option for a team like arsenal in this current market .
i watched Monaco's bench warming donkey Adebayor score 24 goals in a season , i sure as hell wouldn't put it past Laca to succeed over there .

you're being overly skpetical here, this isn't 2010-2011 Moussa Sow we're talking about .

Surely if Lacazette moves he'll want to go to a bigger club though, so Arsenal makes no sense. However, Lederhosen look good on black people hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
farfan wrote:

bergkamp wasn't exactly a goal machine , and banking on a converted winger to be your main goal scorer was a risky move no matter how you look at it .

Lacazette's first season as a CF was 2013-2014 . he hit the ground running and was intrsumental in OL reaching the EL quarters and CDL final , scored twice against Saint shitienne , PSG , OM etc..

i'm not saying that Lacazette is the next big thing or a futur BO , but he should be a good enough option for a team like arsenal in this current market .
i watched Monaco's bench warming donkey Adebayor score 24 goals in a season , i sure as hell wouldn't put it past Laca to succeed over there .

you're being overly skpetical here, this isn't 2010-2011 Moussa Sow we're talking about .

Surely if Lacazette moves he'll want to go to a bigger club though, so Arsenal makes no sense. However, Lederhosen look good on black people hmm

you guys don't need a CF . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:38 pm

We only have one in our squad hmm.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Lacazette is coming to Liverpool after the Euros m8. He's just waiting for us to make the CL this season or for Klopp to take over.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:00 pm

If I were Lacazette, I'd stay at Lyon for this upcoming CL. I rate Laca highly already, tbh. Ligue 1 is not the easiest league to score in.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:29 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Lacazette is coming to Liverpool after the Euros m8. He's just waiting for us to make the CL this season or for Klopp to take over.

Hopefully not. He should aim higher, even in the Real Madrid direction. He's good enough.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:38 pm

I feel like Higuain has become quite the scapegoat and underrated. He's a good player, and one of the top strikers in the world really. In the last 2 years how many strikers have outproduced him, and had a worse surrounding cast?

He's had 53 goals and 23 assists in that time (not including NT) and was instrumental in winning the Copa Italia, then scored two goals against Juventus to win the Supercoppa this year. Last year in the CL he was fantastic against teams like Arsenal and Dortmund, and scored a great goal to advance Argentina past Belgium. He might have also missed some big moments this year but he is the one constantly working and making good movements to get in those positions.

He's no Suarez, but he's a very, very good striker and a very complete player. On top of this how many penalties did Messi miss this year? It happens.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Think people were hating because of another big game and another missed tap in.

The penalty was just the icing on the cake lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:45 pm

He is on the GL banner. That alone makes him overrated.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:He is on the GL banner. That alone makes me overrated.

hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Yes, he could be a good player to have against scrub teams when theres no pressure on him. So a league player rather than a cup player I guess.
Slightest hint of pressure and the guy shits his pants and that too almost everytime.
Either way I dont want to see him playing for NT again. We have far better younger players waiting on the wings and Higuain just doesnt seem the player argentina can bank on in big games.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Franchise wrote:He is on the GL banner. That alone makes me overrated.

hmm

I have Dyslexia, leave me alone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Ok Britney.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:02 pm

It's not like there's no chance he'll ever NOT choke. By law of averages maybe NOW's the time to bank on him lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Glory wrote:Yes, he could be a good player to have against scrub teams when theres no pressure on him. So a league player rather than a cup player I guess.
Slightest hint of pressure and the guy shits his pants and that too almost everytime.
Either way I dont want to see him playing for NT again. We have far better younger players waiting on the wings and Higuain just doesnt seem the player argentina can bank on in big games.

He doesn't even start for Argentina, and he's not a cup player? Guy was money in the CL last season, very good for them in Europa this season, huge for Napoli in winning the Copa Italia and basically won the Supercoppa for Napoli this season against Juventus. Who else was going to score for Argentina against Belgium in the WC (funny note, he actually has a better scoring record for Argentina than Aguero does)?

He's not Suarez or Messi in terms of his goal scoring being overly consistent but he always gets into good areas, works hard, and has a very productive record regardless.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:20 pm

I wasnt talking about his exploits in domestic cup competitions in Italy. He may be doing well there. But thats no yardstick to judge his quality and claim he is legitimate. Compared to the league games or the NT games these domestic cup games viewership is pretty dire. I am pretty sure not many outside Italy view those matches with much interest.
Same with Europa League to an extent. Playing there is not the same thing as playing in UCL.

And by cup player I didnt specifically mean that, I was referring to K.O games in later stages of cup competitions. Will clarify it If you took that too literally.

And then regarding the NT, true doesnt start, but still he manages to fek up each and every time when he comes on at crucial junctures as sub. May be not so in former stages in a competition like the Belgium game you mentioned, but in a final or a semi final he simply falters big time consistently.

So bottomline I am not saying he is a bad player. But just not that level of great CFs. He can do the job alright. But still wont bank on him in times of crisis at all like his NT coaches does everytime.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm

I think they bank on him because he does consistently get into those scoring positions and wears his heart on his sleeve though. I think it's a mixed bag...and more bad luck than really being a choker persay. There is still a lot of pressure in Italy to win those cups, and how many league titles have Real won since Higuain stopped being their #1 striker (or sharing starts with Benzema I guess)?

Not that I'm saying he's super clutch or anything. I think he's just himself...he misses big chances but he also scored at big moments sometimes. He just gets less of a chance to have a mixed bag with Argentina because he is usually a sub, and they play way less games there so his mistakes will be more magnified and everyone forgets the good moments (Belgium was still a huge game with a lot of pressure...a very good team in the knockout stages).

What great CFs out there right now score consistently in big moments though? I think most if not all of them are very erratic.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:39 pm

the main reason we won league titles, wasn't because of higuain was starter smh Laughing :facepalm:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:58 pm

That was a bit of a joke, but still the passion. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:07 pm

it wasn't a joke your just trying to act like your a higs fan, because you hope pool might sign him
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 pm

chad4401 wrote:the main reason we won league titles, wasn't because of higuain was starter smh Laughing :facepalm:

he was one of our best players in 06-07 and maybe the best in 07-08.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 pm

chad4401 wrote:it wasn't a joke your just trying to act like your a higs fan, because you hope pool might sign him

It was a joke, I am a Higuain fan, and there's no way Liverpool are signing him. I forgot that you had some Internet Insight Handbook, I gots to order me one of those.

But if you think that Higuain wasn't a big contributor to RM's titles I don't know what to say.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next