Newcastle quietly assembling an immaculate team..

+24
urbaNRoots
rincon
CBarca
McAgger
Art Morte
Mr Nick09
Gil
donttreadonred
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
M99
Curtinho
Robespierre
Kick
Sina
windkick
B-Mac
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
Vlad the Impaler
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
28 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Newcastle quietly assembling an immaculate team.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle quietly assembling an immaculate team..

Post by B-Mac Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Let us all be real here

If he scores 20 in 2 seasons he will be out of Newcastle faster than mole can miss 5 yards open goal on fifa

you're right Wenger will snatch him up to finally replace Giroud

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Newcastle quietly assembling an immaculate team.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle quietly assembling an immaculate team..

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:41 pm

20 goals in two seasons is nothing anyway, Cisse does that lol.

If he scored 30 in two seasons then yeah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Florian Thauvin with Cabella gonna be sex.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:49 pm

windkick wrote:Florian Thauvin with Cabella gonna be sex.

You know something i don't mate lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:36 pm

has the doubts Re Mbemba age been cleared?
looked good on 1 vs 1s,very fast

Mitrovic should be much better than Bas Dost at least Very Happy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:48 pm

Sina wrote:has the doubts Re Mbemba age been cleared?
looked good on 1 vs 1s,very fast

Yeah, he had bone examinations ages ago.... apparently the reason there is confusion is because he was the best player they had and Congo made up his age so he would qualify Laughing

Only thing i have seen of him is this.....

https://twitter.com/Sporting_AND/status/622868604778889216

He can't be worse than our shite defenders.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:02 am

Thauvin will join, trust me.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:50 am

What will Newcastles XI look like?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:20 am

Not a clue Laughing

It's been a discussion amongst fans, none of us actually have a *bleep* clue.

Even right now it's confusing as hell, so God knows what it will be if we sign anyone else. We are not used to having options it causes great confusion amongst the fanbase. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 am

Fair enough Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Newcastle often gets interesting markets with talent who can be overhyped but anyway talented
the problem always consists about assembling this because it could be a problem to build key players around talented but unproven / inexperienced players
I mean , I think NUFC needs of leaders firstly.
I think the real defect of this team is lack of personality highlighted exactly in difficult periods more than talent
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:25 pm

They should try and sign Digne since he's leaving PSG.

Krul
Janmaat - Dummett - Mbemba - Digne
Sissoko - Tiote
Cabella - WIjnaldum - Aarons
Mitrovic

Or Coloccini I guess since he's captain.

Top 4 bound.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Top 4 Laughing

We'll be lucky to get top 10 IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:56 pm

If you don't get top 10 then it will be a big flop. That team is more than good enough to finish on top half of the table.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Will be interesting to see who will come out atop of the 2015/16 edition of Sir Pardew vs Newcastle hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:04 pm

That's a proper battle now. With fresh newcastle and new look Palace

No more excuses by mole
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:13 pm

PSG are trying to talk Digne out of it... but so far, he wants to leave. Much bigger clubs than Newcastle are after him though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 pm

M99 wrote:If you don't get top 10 then it will be a big flop. That team is more than good enough to finish on top half of the table.

Not really lol, you overrate those players. Ignoring the new players as it would take time for them adjust and gel, remember when Spurs bought 6 new starters? Took ages for it all to come together and they wasn't translating the current players from hoofball to pressing as a unit and being more possession focused.

It's going to take a while, I'm expecting a slow start because of it. But as long as there are signs of actual improvements to the team as a whole so we eventually get better I'm ok with it.

It's been a long time since we actually had a style of play,an indentity of how the team is supposed to play I'm willing to wait and see even if results are not always there.

Also we still have a lot of crap and weaknesses in the team which need to be fixed before we can be considered a good PL team, as of right now it's nice that we have bought 3 players of quality but it's nowhere near enough considering we lost 5 or 6 towards the end of Pardew's reign.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG are trying to talk Digne out of it... but so far, he wants to leave. Much bigger clubs than Newcastle are after him though.

Don't think we want a LB anyway, I personally do but I haven't seen many links.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:30 am

that team 4th in Premier League ? Laughing for me it has problem even to get El places for those reasons said by me above. Too many young players and most not still  played in EPL, team lacking of personality ( i repeat, the real problem of NUFC imo, enough underrated, it 'd be not a bad team if we look just on quality) .
Then I don't know what's the real project of Newcastle.. if it is long-time project to value young players it's okay, but I feel Newcastle is a public very demanding so the result look like priority .. and yes personally I think Newcastle should play in Europe every year . More than Southampton or similar clubs. Grown under Shearer myth too me hmm
IMHO Cabaye return would have been a great thing for Newcastle to give that presence in midfield, that leading figure enough necessary for Magpies.  ffs to Palace ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:39 am

We were offered Cabaye, we turned him down. Spent 14.5m on Wijnaldum instead lol.

The biggest problem we have had in recent years is the coaching..... ignore Pardew for a second, his backroom staff was John Carver who needs no explanation and Steve Stone who famously said you are at your most vulnerable when you have the ball Laughing

Also when Pardew was there we had no set style of play, we spent everyday except one analysing the weaknesses of the oppositions and people wonder why we looked shit scared of attacking.... and we only focused on the attack for one training session a week lmao.

People underestimate how badly we have been coached for the last few years, it's why off the ball we have been so *bleep* awful. I'd argue we have been the worst coached team in the league it's been painful as hell to watch.

I'm semi positive about it for this reason alone, the entire morons that Pardew had are gone ( i said at the time Pardew wouldn't have been so bad if his backroom staff wasn't complete morons as well) and replaced by people who actually are professional coaches who actually have a CV Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:58 am

Pardew knows only one way to play effectively.... and the style is designed for middle to bottom half clubs. If you're actually try to succeed and improve, he's not the guy for you.

In a lot of ways, he was perfect for Ashley. But the fans really made it impossible for him to stay thankfully lol.

A Pardew team never had, has and never will have a project.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Lineup and formation look like big question marks going into the new season. Specifically, there seems to be something of a logjam at CAM. Wijnaldum, de Jong, Cabella, and Sissoko all have a strong case for starting as THE CAM should McClaren choose to go with a variant of 4-2-3-1. So, who starts, who gets pushed wide, and who misses out completely?

Of course, this isn’t a decision made in a vacuum, either. You have to assume that Gouffran will be played in a wide-attacking role, and at least one of Colback, Anita, and Tiote will be used in a deeper midfield role.  This seems to point to a 4-3-3. McClaren could play one of Colback, Anita, or Tiote in front of the back four. Then he could choose three of Wijnaldum, de Jong, Cabella, and Sissoko to play as the two more advanced CMs and at RW (with Gouffran at LW). Given my personal preference, I would play something akin to:
Striker
Gouffran--------------------Cabella
Wijnaldum-----Sissoko
Anita

While I haven’t seen any of Newcastle’s pre-season, I wouldn’t think such a setup would be too far-fetched for McClaren. If I remember correctly, he played a similar general setup at Derby County:  two CMs in front of a holding midfielder with two wide attackers behind a central striker.

Another big question is, who plays as the Central striker. Mitrovic is an obvious shout, as he’s the big-name striker signing for this season. But, what we need to remember is that he is still a 20 year-old, moving to a new country and a new league, one that has drastically different characteristic from the Belgian league. There’s no guarantee that he will succeed, or succeed immediately.

One option might be to use Siem de Jong as a makeshift striker until Mitrovic can settle. It’s a role he’s played before at Ajax, and with Gouffran effectively playing as a second striker, it could be effective. Moreover, it would get the best players on the pitch together.

The other option is to play Cisse until Mitrovic settles and gets his chance. However, Cisse’s form has been … inconsistent… since his first half-season at the club. Perhaps this is his second (or third) chance to restake his claim as first-choice striker. However, I’d personally try de Jong.

In any case, the primary goal should be top-ten. With an 11th-place finish last season, top-ten represents obvious progress for the club, as well as establishing stability. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

It simply feels like a step too far to envision an EL finish (much less CL) with Newcastle’s current backline and so many new additions. Mbemba has obviously been brought in with a view to solidifying the backline, but he will need time to settle and adapt. Until then, does anyone truly trust a pairing from Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson, and maybe even Dummett, especially if Colback is the one primarily tasked with shielding the back-four.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Sissoko is a one dimensional inefficient player. Newcastle should sell while his value is still high & get a positional midfielder in. Anita & Colback are decent but they can do better, a Mehbaye return would have been ideal in retrospect.

Wonder how McClaren is going to fit all their forwards & Cabella into the same team as well. Cisse & Mitrovic pairing seems redundant but it's almost impossible to leave your best scorer out the team & how do you justify benching your marquee summer signing?

De Jong, Wijnaaldum, Sissoko, Cabella, Mitrovic, Cisse & Ayoze are probably their best players but it seems impossible to find a balanced team that includes all of them. Not including Aarons who's supposedly the dog's bollocks (never really seen much of him just based of hype alone).
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Keep in mind the dogs bollocks for Newcastle doesn't mean much Laughing

He's very talented though and probably the only winger in the squad Laughing and the only player with raw pace as well. He should start by default.

He would be starting already last year but he unfortunately was injured a lot last year, that's the reason i want another winger as i'm not sure if his ability to stay fit yet and he's the only one we have as well Laughing .

Also DTOR we have used a 4231 in pre season, but it's hard to know yet as we apparently want 3 more first team players before the window shuts which could change the system.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:14 pm

Who's playing in the hole? De Jong or Sissoko?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next