Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Twoism Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:37 am

We're destined with Austin

Excuse my rhythm

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 am

So done with these these US cities playing in the PL.
Who's next? Phoenix? Boston? Cleveland? Las Vegas?????
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 am

ffs

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:28 pm

For some reason I've only just realized that it's transfer deadline day today in some countries incl. Italy.

No way are we getting Higuain now.

What the hell have we been doing since signing Cech? I refuse to believe that Wenger thought Cech alone would improve us so much to make us PL champions, he himself has said that we're still in the market.

Last summer was an amazing transfer window compared to this embarrassement.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:30 pm

#InternalSolutions

Anyway. No huge transfer merry go rounds this year. Kinda miss the adrenaline.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:33 pm

FTS.

I am happy with our squad.

There are kids in Africa who don't have a single meal a week. Just the same way, there are millions of poverty clubs globally. Compared to them, we are well off.

I have found inner piece(s) and contentment in this realization and acceptance of mediocrity. My Yin and Yang are now in balance.

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Large

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:43 pm

Well even Chelsea and MU panic shopping now, they already pissed their pant after four games. It's so weird that Wengers or Arsenal could be so calm about the whole thing. After Cech, did we make any official bid to any club for any player?
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't gauge our success off of the failures of the thousands of smaller clubs beneath us around the world but how we fare in comparison to the few above us. #ZenRuined
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:52 pm

That's your Zen, not mine. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm

I wouldn't say no to Zen-zema though.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:59 pm

Well why should we be panic buying? Do people want us to go and spend £30mil on a 19 year old?

None of us knows what happened after Cech. It's been very quiet, sure, but we don't know if enquirers and offers have been made and we've simply been told "no" or are unwilling to meet certain valuations, or if we've decided that we're happy with what we have and haven't made much of an effort.

I do feel, though, this sudden sense of panic is misplaced. We have a few games where we struggle to score and suddenly everybody wants us to sign any available striker because we're so fed up with our current options, not realising the guys they want are no better than what we currently have.

In general, I dislike the attitude among football fans now that a team can only improve by making signings. Everything else is irrelevant. I won't pretend that our window has been amazing and that our approach to transfer is better than everyone else's, but I don't see the need to place so much meaning on new signings.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Panic buying is wrong word more like buying in general, those clubs panic buying now cause they made mistake in the market and now the rectified it. Did Arsenal make mistake? To me they did and they never correct it. The panic buy is just a buy after all, i dont mean that we should panic buy, no club should be in the position to do. I judge the transfer season as a whole whether u buy 1st day or last day.

As for everything else, it should be for another thread.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:16 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Well why should we be panic buying? Do people want us to go and spend £30mil on a 19 year old?

None of us knows what happened after Cech. It's been very quiet, sure, but we don't know if enquirers and offers have been made and we've simply been told "no" or are unwilling to meet certain valuations, or if we've decided that we're happy with what we have and haven't made much of an effort.

I do feel, though, this sudden sense of panic is misplaced. We have a few games where we struggle to score and suddenly everybody wants us to sign any available striker because we're so fed up with our current options, not realising the guys they want are no better than what we currently have.

In general, I dislike the attitude among football fans now that a team can only improve by making signings. Everything else is irrelevant. I won't pretend that our window has been amazing and that our approach to transfer is better than everyone else's, but I don't see the need to place so much meaning on new signings.

Wish we had more such rationality in opinions.

Can we mass splice your rationality-gene into a bunch of other fans?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:18 pm

Agree with Jay.

We obviously were in the market for big signings to improve current options but they didn't work out.

I'm not interested in anyone who isn't significantly better than Giroud or Coq. Our squad is net positive this season with the signing of Cech and a maturing rather than ageing squad. Its a big improvement on losing star players every season.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:37 pm

I guess some of us just had different expectations. I expected to really push for it this summer and improve in the 3 positions I think we all agreed we can improve. Chelsea needed 3 players last year, they got them and won the league, it is really not that hard especially since we have the money to do these signings.

There are absolutely no excuses for Wenger should this team not deliver, he has the money to make this team compete with all the clubs in the league and so the expectations are high, should we not win the league he really should stand down and let someone else give it a try. I can say now that I will support any call for a new manager if we don't win the league.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Right signings matters and there is no excuse for Wenger not signing the players we need. We can go on and try to be rational, but then again there is no proof Arsenal did lodged any inquiry about any players after Cech singing.

Some people call it panic buying but every-player we buy is gamble, We have the money and no reason why we haven't strengthen our squad.

Striker- 3 years and still nothing
DM- At least 8 years and still nothing, coquelin was an accident or he Wenger still be playing Flamini.

I dont really care about deadline day, I’ve given up on the this transfer window long time ago.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:17 pm

@ Pecca that kinda thinking needs to go, better than losing stars, we havent since RVP. We're improving 5, everyone improving 6-7 or 10. Imo Everyone in the team is peaking, there is no better time to challenge than now.

I'm a simple fan, I've seen what I seen. I saw a very good DM always on verge of red card, I saw a good not great striker, I saw an so called English talent still finding his position after 9 years at the club and I saw games we could win with better finish ( this I saw a lots). We had most shots in the league last four games, scored 3 goals, 2 of them own goals. That's what I've seen, and it still remain like that since I dont know when.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:17 pm

@Raptor ... and yet here you are, moaning about it :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:06 pm

srigooner wrote:@Raptor ... and yet here you are, moaning about it :coffee:

I am sorry that I am not as satisfied as you. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Twoism wrote:@ Pecca that kinda thinking needs to go, better than losing stars, we havent since RVP. We're improving 5, everyone improving 6-7 or 10. Imo Everyone in the team is peaking, there is no better time to challenge than now.

I'm a simple fan, I've seen what I seen. I saw a very good DM always on verge of red card, I saw a good not great striker, I saw an so called English talent still finding his position after 9 years at the club and I saw games we could win with better finish ( this I saw a lots). We had most shots in the league last four games, scored 3 goals, 2 of them own goals. That's what I've seen, and it still remain like that since I dont know when.

+1
Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Find inner peace, you must :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:42 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Find inner peace, you must :coffee:

Laughing

Just for you I will. Wink
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:54 pm

My expectations for this season are the same as everyone else. I just don't get so hung up on transfers anymore. There's so much going on behind the scenes that I'm not aware of so I'm hesitant now to make any assumptions about our activity. We either sign the players or we don't.

Arsenal need to improve their midfield depth, and they need to improve on their first choice forwards. We all know that. But I also look at our organisation, our approach to the game without the ball, how we're utilizing certain players and so on and think they could be improved and that if they were improved we'd be a much better side. Some of these things make us look a worse side than we probably are.

So if we have a poor season, my primary objection against Wenger won't be his lack of signings, though that would be part of it, but his poor management and coaching.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:59 pm

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Jeremy Wilson: "Arsenal are still looking to add one more player but nothing is progressed. If it happens, it'll happen tomorrow."

heard Jeff Schlupp can play LB/CM/CF hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:06 pm

I think if we just became a counter attacking team, we wouldn't need to sign anyone. We always want possession but when we get it we don't have a plan to break down teams that just sit back and defend.

Our approach to the game makes Sanchez almost useless a majority of the time. Same with Walcott and a few others
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next