Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:24 am

I don't know too much about Kokorin from firsthand viewing cuz I don't watch a lot of the Russian league. But I know he's been an up-and-coming figure from that part of the world for a few years now.

Good physical presence, good age, respectable (not stellar) stats ... for the price I suppose it would be a good gamble, it just doesn't seem to make sense given the personnel Arsenal already have in the squad. Is he crucial and a major upgrade where we already have Giroud, Walcott, and Welbeck? Probably not. But if there's anything to these rumors (big IF) then presumably Wenger sees something special in him, so ...

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:52 am

RealGunner wrote:pls go
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:13 am

Chums wrote:But I know he's been an up-and-coming figure from that part of the world for a few years now.
But that's the thing Chums. If he has been an up andd comer for the past few years, then doesn't it mean that probably he hasn't been able to make that one big breakthrough to the next level and that clubs don't necessarily think he'll make that said breakthrough hence the reason nobody has gone in and gambled on him thus far.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:46 pm

I rather get Kokorin for 6m than no one for anything. We are using Iwobi on the bench atm along with 5 defenders. Welbeck is never going to be fit for whole season. Giroud will be injured for 2 months at some point as it has been happening every year.

We spent wages on the likes of park young and Chamakh over the past. We are rich enough to waste some more money on Kokorin's wages and fee
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:48 pm

So basically just 'use' him
Not taking Kokorin's feelings into account imo Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:59 pm

RG Is kokorin's agent confirmed :coffee:

Seriously rather No one than adding more players who clearly aint good enough
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Another season at finishing 3rd/4th and R16 exit then.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:10 pm

El Gunner wrote:So basically just 'use' him
Not taking Kokorin's feelings into account imo Sad

No different to how RG uses the Arsenal populace on this forum tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:05 pm

While I don't know anything about Kokorin, if he's good or bad, I still find the idea that "no one is better than someone" really absurd.

We need a striker and if Kokorin is the best we can get, then by all means get him especially at such a modest price. At worst we will sell him back for half of what we paid for him.

That's the kind of approach Wenger took with Higuain in 13/14, our CB situation in 14/15, the whole farcical transfer window last summer and the result has always been the same.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:45 pm

Think of him as more expensive Kallstrom which shown his worth somewhat for the minutes he played.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:39 am

Krakorok is not the difference between the league and 4th or advancing in the CL or getting knocked out in the R16.

With Giroud and Theo fit and Welbeck returning at some point, we're alright for now. If one of the former two go down in January then we have to look at cover in that position but signing him just for teh lolz isn't necessary.

Should have just signed Higuain this summer, but the bigger issue is CM, as it was for me in the summer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:34 pm

It doesn't have to be kokorin. We NEED reinforcements. Remember what a massive difference Arshavin made when we signed him in Jan?

Obviously Arshavin was supremely talented and there are not many available for that price now, specially not in jan.

But we do need players in Jan. We will not get a better chance at winning the league than this season.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Giroud being on 13 goals and Walcott now being a genuine option, I doubt centre forward is on our list of January targets.

Buying a central midfielder is a must, however. Coquelin and Cazorla out until March or later, Arteta and Flamini being unreliable, Wilshere's fitness being unpredictable... too much of a risk to take not to get someone in.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Can't wait till we try and loan Steed Malbranque this time

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Michy Batshuayi another forward we should look into.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Alexandre Pato has expressed his desire to play in the Premier League. Smile Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3357705/ALEXANDRE-PATO-INTERVIEW-Ordering-David-Beckham-19-scrapheap-23-goals-wants-play-England.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:54 am

If we're looking at youngish, cheapish strikers then he certainly fits the bill.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:01 am

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Yaya-sanogo

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:40 am

cant we just sign luiz gustavo ffs
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:47 am

Yann M'Vila is 99% done :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Mahrez asap.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Already priced out tbh #FPL

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Mahrez NEEDED
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:23 pm

I only watched him a couple of games and wasnt impressed. How good is he?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Didn't know we needed a RW hmm

If we could use someone from the Leicester team then it's probably Vardy. Even though I despise him.

Maybe Kante as cover for Coquelin if you want to clutch at straws.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:57 am

El Gunner wrote:
Chums wrote:But I know he's been an up-and-coming figure from that part of the world for a few years now.
But that's the thing Chums. If he has been an up andd comer for the past few years, then doesn't it mean that probably he hasn't been able to make that one big breakthrough to the next level and that clubs don't necessarily think he'll make that said breakthrough hence the reason nobody has gone in and gambled on him thus far.

Oh, I don't know - dude's 24, some players don't really hit their stride until that age or even a bit later. I mean, until he was 24 or so, a bunch of people wouldn't have considered Diego Costa a big talent. A lot of fans had never even heard of Jamie Vardy until the last couple seasons - now he's in the history books. Hell, even RvP, always considered talented but injured (and perhaps inconsistent), didn't really hit that stride until he was 28 or thereabouts. (And it's abandoned him now...) There are tons of variables.

I'm not invested in making a big case for Kokorin because I don't know his stuff very well firsthand. But my own general rule of thumb is that a player 25 or under who has looked promising should never be counted out completely. It's true that a lot of the elite players manifest their talent and start realizing their potential well before that age, but each season there are breakouts or redemptive cases who are 23, 24, 25, even 26 ...

(Personally I'd be more worried if Kokorin was 26, 27, or 28, even if he had a really good goalscoring record but only ever played in Russia. There are exceptions, but in general the EPL seems unforgiving to older players who enter it for the first time only in the later part of their 20s or their 30s.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next