Kaladin
Abramovich
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
Unique
59 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 14 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:11 am

Fair enough mate.

And yea back to topic lol

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 14 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:36 am

I actually think the quality of young players from France is massive right now...  i mean we have young players all over the place.  Probably tops in the world for categories U23, U19 and U18.

I could go down the list...  but Varane, Zouma, Laporte, Kurzawa, Digne, Amavi, Pogba, Kondogbia, Rabiot, Griezmann, Fekir, Martial, Augustin, Bakayoko, Mendy (benjamin and the one at Nice), Lacazette (he's overrated imo though), Lemar, Coman, Luca Zidane, N'Koudou, Odsonne Edouard, etc.

I mean the list is HUGE.  Out of all those, not one is with Arsenal.  That tells a lot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:45 am

We keep saying this about France every year...

Yet only a handful emerge as top players and those top ones tend to underperform at NT level.Maybe we all know the reason why (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:49 am

Like who?  We were horrible in terms of talent other than Ribery and Benzema in Euro 2012...  midfield was horrific and everyone knew it.  We won U20 WC in 2013 and then we knew we had talent coming up...  Pogba, Kondogbia, Digne, Varane (although he was injured and didn't go) and Lemina were all on that team.  Right behind it, you had the Laporte, Coman, Rabiot, Martial, etc. U18 team that went to the Euro final in 2014.  

What in the world are you talking about?  You think a bunch of 18-21 year old kids are going win immediately??  In WC 2014, we felt better because Matuidi had come on and Pogba/Varane burst onto the scene...  When Ribery went down, our chance went way down but we still did well for where we were.  Now, Griezmann, Martial, Fekir, Kondogbia, etc. are all joining those two.

Our golden generation won't hit NT stride until WC 2018 when they'll be 23-26 range...  that's the tournament.  This Euro in France...  we have a chance but we're still way too young.

How long have we been waiting????
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:36 pm

forgot all about Lemina .
is he getting some time with Juve ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:
or Newcastle fans saying "we nearly signed Schweinsteiger" etc. It's a part of a circle every fanbase is accustomed.

And it has nothing to do with any transfer mishaps.

Dat calling out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:I actually think the quality of young players from France is massive right now...  i mean we have young players all over the place.  Probably tops in the world for categories U23, U19 and U18.

I could go down the list...  but Varane, Zouma, Laporte, Kurzawa, Digne, Amavi, Pogba, Kondogbia, Rabiot, Griezmann, Fekir, Martial, Augustin, Bakayoko, Mendy (benjamin and the one at Nice), Lacazette (he's overrated imo though), Lemar, Coman, Luca Zidane, N'Koudou, Odsonne Edouard, etc.

I mean the list is HUGE.  Out of all those, not one is with Arsenal.  That tells a lot.

Sports, you know it as well as me that 80% of them are going to be very good at best and only 20% will go on to become great players.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:Like who?  We were horrible in terms of talent other than Ribery and Benzema in Euro 2012...  midfield was horrific and everyone knew it.  We won U20 WC in 2013 and then we knew we had talent coming up...  Pogba, Kondogbia, Digne, Varane (although he was injured and didn't go) and Lemina were all on that team.  Right behind it, you had the Laporte, Coman, Rabiot, Martial, etc. U18 team that went to the Euro final in 2014.  

What in the world are you talking about?  You think a bunch of 18-21 year old kids are going win immediately??  In WC 2014, we felt better because Matuidi had come on and Pogba/Varane burst onto the scene...  When Ribery went down, our chance went way down but we still did well for where we were.  Now, Griezmann, Martial, Fekir, Kondogbia, etc. are all joining those two.

Our golden generation won't hit NT stride until WC 2018 when they'll be 23-26 range...  that's the tournament.  This Euro in France...  we have a chance but we're still way too young.

How long have we been waiting????

Technically they should also be in their prime in 2022.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:09 pm

You almost forgot to add Thauvin in that list, but i guess he already burnt out? or is it too early? cause iam pretty sure i recall you saying he was different...

Exactly as RG said, most of those kids will be good, forgettable or exchangeable players. a very few will be elite.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Lemina chose to play for Gabon senior team
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:49 pm

After Kakuta I ain't believing the hype for any French teenager. Let them actually show their worth before people start singing their praises.

French people love to overrate their youth, more so than anyone else imo (maybe Germans are there).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm def trying to lessen my hype for Martial, but it's hard atm as he is showing signs of a top class player already- Strength, pace, close control, composed finishing under pressure,intelligence and his hold up play is really good already. He has the tools already at a very young age.

Will hit a patch of form when he's not hitting the heights he is atm, that's normal for a young player, but for now, so far so good. Has exceeded all my expectations.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:37 pm

The exact type of a striker I like the most. Still quite early, but what a signing, worth every penny and every additional bonus.

Really cool head in front of the goalkeeper. Very composed, just incredible.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:38 pm

RED wrote:I'm def trying to lessen my hype for Martial, but it's hard atm as he is showing signs of a top class player already- Strength, pace, close control, composed finishing under pressure,intelligence and his hold up play is really good already. He has the tools already at a very young age.

Will hit a patch of form when he's not hitting the heights he is atm, that's normal for a young player, but for now, so far so good. Has exceeded all my expectations.

fair post.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

French people love to overrate their youth, more so than anyone else imo (maybe Germans are there).

you mean the rest of Europe loves to overrate french youth . Laughing
this idea that the french are chauvinistic and unconditionally  supportive  of their players is absolutely nonsensical and completely the polar opposite of the truth Laughing
french football fans have a loser mentality and constantly downplay their own players and hype foreign ones.

and why is everybody acting as if France has this long history of producing a disproportionate amount of hype jobs who fail to make it ? how about a nice little list of said players ?

Last edited by farfan on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:47 pm

farfan wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:

you mean the rest of Europe loves to overrate french youth . Laughing
this idea that the french are chauvinistic and unconditionally supportive of their players is absolutely nonsensical and completely the polar opposite of the truth Laughing
french football fans have a loser mentality and constantly downplay their own players and hype foreign ones

farcefan and sports aren't actually French confirmed. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:47 pm

And let's be real, we can assume with some (a lot) of surety that it was Chelsea fans were the ones who hyped Kakuta, not the French and certainly not Sport or Jefferson.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Kakuta is still young by Serie A standards tbf
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 pm

So is Platini tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:56 pm

and the only reason anyone talks about Kakuta is because of that transfer controversy .
if the transfer didn't make headlines , he'd be just one of the hundreds of nameless u-16 teenagers signed by big teams every single year .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So is Platini tbf.

Platini would actually be incredibly useful for Juventus. They do need some creativity in the middle.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Doc wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So is Platini tbf.

Platini would actually be incredibly useful for Juventus. They do need some creativity in the middle.

he's more useful to them from his UEFA office . :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Platini accepts deferred payment too...  apparently he's willing to wait as much as 8 years to get paid for his services.

Milan should be all over him tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:23 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Lemina chose to play for Gabon senior team
El Shaarawy wrote:Lemina chose to play for Gabon senior team

He refused African Nations Cup callup and hasn't played a game yet for Gabon... that's all very much up in the air, although i wouldn't be surprised. Until he plays an official game (not friendly) with either France or Gabon, it's very much up in the air.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:00 am

Martial > Benzema yet or what?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:35 am

Monaco vice president Vadim Vasilyev claims another club outbid Manchester United for Anthony Martial.

"There was another club that offered even more than United. I will not say how much, but the fixed price, without variables, it was even better,” Vasilyev told Marca.

“And also they offered us to have him for a further year in Monaco. But the boy wanted to go to Manchester, it was his dream."
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next