Kaladin
Abramovich
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
Unique
59 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 15 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:35 am

Monaco vice president Vadim Vasilyev claims another club outbid Manchester United for Anthony Martial.

"There was another club that offered even more than United. I will not say how much, but the fixed price, without variables, it was even better,” Vasilyev told Marca.

“And also they offered us to have him for a further year in Monaco. But the boy wanted to go to Manchester, it was his dream."

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 15 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by Donuts Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:59 am

probably barca? lol idk they were also linked with him.
edit: nah actually probably PSG and explains why they didn't wanna sell to them even for more, due to competition and whatnot.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:26 am

Firenze wrote:Monaco vice president Vadim Vasilyev claims another club outbid Manchester United for Anthony Martial.

"There was another club that offered even more than United. I will not say how much, but the fixed price, without variables, it was even better,” Vasilyev told Marca.

“And also they offered us to have him for a further year in Monaco. But the boy wanted to go to Manchester, it was his dream."

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 15 Tumblr_m4tf1etWU21qm6oc3o1_500
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:59 am

Donuts wrote:probably barca? lol idk they were also linked with him.
edit: nah actually probably PSG and explains why they didn't wanna sell to them even for more, due to competition and whatnot.

Why would PSG offer them to have him for a further year in Monaco though? Sounds like Barca and there transfer ban.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:28 pm

It would surprise me if Barca even knew that the player exists. When was the last time Barca scouted in Ligue 1? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Sounds like usual lies from an club executive when they have made big money on a player to me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:59 pm

wasnt there a report barca making a 25m bid for him or someting?
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:10 am

Arsene Wenger admitted he didn't think Monaco would sell Anthony Martial, which is why Arsenal did not pursue him as the summer transfer window closed.

The Gunners manager has been a longtime admirer of the 19-year-old, who made a deadline day move to Manchester United for £36 million plus add-ons.

Martial has been an instant hit at Old Trafford, scoring three goals in six games and working his way into Louis van Gaal's team seamlessly since his move from Ligue 1.

Wenger was quoted in the Daily Star, saying: "I thought they would not sell him this year because they had sold so many other players.

"They said they would not sell him and I thought they were not in any need to sell and would maintain their word."

Before making a move to Arsenal in 1996, the French manager was in charge at AS Monaco from 1987-1994 with a brief spell at Nagoya Grampus in 1995-96. However, his connections from his managerial days did not help him land the young French star.

"The amount of money was massive but Monaco could have sold him next season instead," Wenger said. "I was surprised they sold him. Only an exceptional amount of money would do it."

This was not the first time Wenger had made a bid for Martial, saying the club wished they had signed him in the summer of 2014.

"We always liked him, already when he was in Lyon," Wenger said. "That was also a surprise, that Lyon sold him for five million euros."

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Anthony Martial & AS Monaco: The secrets behind their summer transfer window

An excellent read.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Glory wrote:Anthony Martial & AS Monaco: The secrets behind their summer transfer window

An excellent read.

I know man u paid big money for him. but I think you got a top young player here. when I have seen him play the kid looks like he has the lot. we all know is form will dip but you have to expect that from a lad that young. but I think the only problem you will have with him is in 2-3 years you will have the big guns from spain trying to turn his head. but if you are back winning titles and doing well in the champions lge then you shouldn't have a problem keeping hold of him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:13 am

Well if that article is true then he already turned down offers from big clubs to join us. So perhaps this lad's different.

But then again I agree in 3-4 years time if we are still struggling to win trophies and if there is interest, he could very well depart.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:16 am

Reason he turned down big clubs is that there was no direct path to playing time... Man U offered that. It's the same reason he left Lyon for Monaco.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:35 am

That's so not true.
Assuming Chelsea or Barca or City where those other big clubs that submitted an offer, there were only a single player in each of those clubs who stood between him and game time. Costa, Suarez and Aguero.
And assuming the submitted bids were within the range or more than what United paid, no coach would put him so below in the pecking order anyway. He would have been the 2nd striker in all of these clubs cos of the kind of money that was involved.

As far as United's case is concerned there was rooney still as the 1st choice similar to all the rest. Now unless Martial watched United this season and came to the conclusion that rooney is finished and he can displace him with ease up top, I dont think the playing time was that big a deciding factor. Sure it was a factor. But he would have gotten similar game time if the main striker of those clubs was experiencing a slump too like rooney or vice versa if rooney was on top of his game he wouldnt have gotten this much minutes.

Its evident he was brought to play as a striker with the departures of both van persie and chicharito. Sure he can play as a winger, but then again he wasnt the first choice in those positions either.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:16 pm

Had his full debut for France yesterday. Had a very good game.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:24 pm

It's not about him rejecting anyone. Monaco didn't want to sell any of their stars. But The money for Martial was unbelievable. Not even Madrid would have rejected an 80m bid for 70% of their players
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Can't wait to get him in 2 years Proud . Looks like a world beater.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:16 pm

He's very raw. Needs to improve his passing the most. But definitely has attributes to become something special.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Waaaat! Have you seen his passing????
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Wouldn't take that game as anything serious. Worst Danish team I've ever seen. Olsen is done. He looked great for what it's worth though. First time in like 20 years we're not in Euros I think. Unless we some how qualify.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Can't wait to get him in 2 years Proud .  

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 15 Sh53b

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:16 pm

I doubt Spanish teams will easily get English players anymore after the new TV deal kicks in. England will be super attractive in a few years. Financially more than ever as well as tactically once Pep also follows Klopp to the EPL. Meanwhile both Madrid and Barca will decline once Ronaldo and Messi decline.

Glad I'm a long-term English club supporter. Feel sorry for all the La Liga fans. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Futbol, abandoning your heritage? No way will the money make epl better. tHey have a long ways to go to get better than the germans, Italians and are now in a race against Portugal and France. Despite the proclaimed financial advantage, they are in no way a match for la liga and la liga is not at the top because of only Messi and Ronaldo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Oh i don't know about that Bill. The only issue EPL has is managing and tactics.... they started out by picking off all the best players they can. Now, they're after the managers. Klopp, Wenger, Mourinho, Van Gaal, Pellegrini, etc. That's a lot of managing talent right there.

There are already rumblings (and fear) that the best managers here are about to jump ship to EPL too...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:09 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Futbol, abandoning your heritage? No way will the money make epl better. tHey have a long ways to go to get better than the germans, Italians and are now in a race against Portugal and France. Despite the proclaimed financial advantage, they are in no way a match for la liga and la liga is not at the top because of only Messi and Ronaldo.

I'm joking. I'm super loyal, in every life circumstance. Molenation

Having said that. I don't think EPL is "no match". I doubt Madrid or Barca will easily get EPL star players anymore. Someone like Ronaldo in 2009 for example. The failed De Gea deal is just the beginning. Players like Hazard or Martial will be nearly unmoveable in a few years. The likes of United are also beginning to pay up Galactico money these days. If they can also attract competent star managers they will be equally attractive propositions IMO. Especially when bottom level EPL teams get more money than Atletico and can easily attract all La Liga players and managers excluding Barca and Madrid which won't be good for the league.

Madrid and Barca will obviously remain elite but EPL clubs will close the gap. At the end of the day it is all about money and EPL has too much of it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:32 pm

futbol wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Futbol, abandoning your heritage? No way will the money make epl better. tHey have a long ways to go to get better than the germans, Italians and are now in a race against Portugal and France. Despite the proclaimed financial advantage, they are in no way a match for la liga and la liga is not at the top because of only Messi and Ronaldo.

I'm joking. I'm super loyal, in every life circumstance. Molenation

Having said that. I don't think EPL is "no match". I doubt Madrid or Barca will easily get EPL star players anymore. Someone like Ronaldo in 2009 for example. The failed De Gea deal is just the beginning. Players like Hazard or Martial will be nearly unmoveable in a few years. The likes of United are also beginning to pay up Galactico money these days. If they can also attract competent star managers they will be equally attractive propositions IMO. Especially when bottom level EPL teams get more money than Atletico and can easily attract all La Liga players and managers excluding Barca and Madrid which won't be good for the league.

Madrid and Barca will obviously remain elite but EPL clubs will close the gap. At the end of the day it is all about money and EPL has too much of it.

it's pretty simple really .

i don't see the reasoning behind insisting that EPL wont improve despite increased revenues , signing world class coaches and technical directors, recruiting quality players etc..
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:12 pm

money alone doesnt do shit Laughing You need a very strong foundation to build on, like Spain and Germany have developed. Spain and Germany, the top clubs from both of the country have a base of youth and local players or clubs like Madrid have built their own image/brand/system (revenue generation and spending). Messi, Ronaldo dont make alone the La Liga matter. They are complimented by the system which exploits the best out of both.

England just doesnt have that yet. Looking at the current state of football, I just dont see that happening. These strong teams will keep on signing players from EPL. The only way players will start having less attraction towards these teams is, 'English Clubs winning CL 3 times in next 5 years' (something on those lines) thereby the perception among players will start to change. But I just dont see that happening in next 5-6 years at least. The south American players will eventually settle in Spanish Land.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next