Is Diego Costa the biggest cheat in the world?

+56
Helmer
iftikhar
Lex
chad4401
farfan
Mr Nick09
FennecFox7
halamadrid2
The Franchise
The Demon of Carthage
Harmonica
Forza
Vibe
Gil
Dnmac4
Blue Barrett
izzy
Mr_Puyol
Pip
titosantill
McAgger
futbol
Unique
Lord Spencer
DeletedUser#1
El Gunner
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Perucho21
M99
Pseudo
Kaladin
CBarca
Tomwin Lannister
Doc
McLewis
Lucifer
LeVersacci
Myesyats
Twoism
Hapless_Hans
Onyx
EL Patron
RED
jibers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
Adit
zigra
Valkyrja
Robespierre
Peccadillo
fatman123
Firenze
Art Morte
RealGunner
60 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Is Diego Costa the biggest cheat in the world? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Diego Costa the biggest cheat in the world?

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:00 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'm going to say this.

Suarez' incredible quality as a footballer doesn't make his unfair behaviour any better.
Just as Costa's, let's say, less incredible ability makes his unfair antics any worse.

The difference I'd say is that Suarez is an unfair footballer periodically to a degree where it gets unnacceptable, Costa is an unfair footballer CONSTANTLY to a degree that is unacceptable.

If you look again at what he did against Arsenal, you have EVERY element of behaviour that would be consider immoral, terrible, outrageuous and unacceptable by any standard.

Not only repeatedly putting his hand in the face of an opponent in a way disconnected from any way to execute a 'challenge', then shoving, rowing, on top of that provoking, playing the victim, pretending to be innocent while clearly doing shit, then go ratting to the ref and plead for a punishment of the opponent.

It's just terrible, disgusting behaviour all around.
Imagine someone behaving like that at school, the workplace, or your neighbourhood.

Not just 'unfair' in the sense of football rules, but 'unfair' in the sense of how to conduct oneself as a human being.

So much is made out of this notion of players having to be 'examples' for young people, the whole English press hounding Wilshere or Sceszny for smoking Shisha or a cigarette in private.

But Costa, who displays every facet of disgusting behaviour RIGHT THERE on the pitch, at the center of attention, broadcasted into the world, is praised by such high a voice like Gary Neville exactly for his behaviour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11379981/Diego-Costa-is-a-monster-thats-why-I-love-him.html

Good post.

People need to think about the children damn it.

Really though - I'm not suggesting the FA should impose a further ban for being an immoral classless douche - that would be silly. But those saying "why should Chelsea fans denounce Costa when no one else denounces their own players".. whilst its true that not many will denounce their own star players, most other clubs would at least hesitate in revering and applauding players or staff who consistently display abhorrent behaviour - ie. sleeping with team-mate spouses, racism, persistent diving, violence, and snake-like behaviour such as trying to get other players carded and other general shenanigans.

Its not the first time you have had a striker that fits this mould - look at how Drogba used to carry on. It clearly comes from Mourinho - he favours layers who have the character for it but he quite obviously encourages it.

The decision has been made to impose a ban for Costa for violent behaviour, retrospectively now that it has been objectively confirmed his behaviour was violent (at the very least) - does anyone think it was at all appropriate for Mou to declare Costa as his MOTM after clearly doing nothing of significance other than behave like a scumbag?

I'm waffling but my point is, no need to denounce - but stop shouting their names from rooftops. I would discourage my son from revering such players who display poor character. I can also tell you that I would not want Mourinho to ever manage Arsenal, not matter how much success he may or may not bring to the club.

Last edited by Peccadillo on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Diego Costa the biggest cheat in the world? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Diego Costa the biggest cheat in the world?

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:07 am

Freeza wrote:Totti has always been a huge pos. Was the most hated player in Denmark for years Laughing

Well, he was. Until the guy he spat on took that spot Proud

Is Diego Costa the biggest cheat in the world? - Page 8 Totti_666x450_734346a

Totti apologized, accepted his punishment, and never did it again. He has had detractors who have considered him petulant and he certainly has that side to him, but how often do we see that? Not too often. Can we say that about Costa? Not really. He'll take whatever's coming to him from the FA and then we'll probably see him do it again sometime down the road.

I stand by what I said earlier, had Totti developed an attitude of winding up other players, pushing them, insulting them on a regular basis just to get in their heads to win a game, I'd no longer respect him as a person. I don't find that strange, weird, or as odd as some of you apparently appear to. I have a brain and I know right from wrong. It's not hard, fellas.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Lets not under estimate the things Totti did back in the day when he was the age of Diego Costa. Totti actually did even worse things and was an absolute cnt on the football field. If respect for a player is scaled on the shet they does on the football field then i dont think Totti deserves much respect, but that is not the case is it? the guy looked upon as god out there in rome, he will probably have a statue built in his name one day if not already.

At the end of the day fans care little about players behavior and will respect him as long as he plays really great. Totti is the living example of that. Since he is world class and one club man he is still respected highly by Romanisti.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Totti is just another disgusting scum being protected by the medias. lost respect for him long ago

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Totti is also a raging idiot who can't even speak his native language properly Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Totti always was an edgy player, but McLewis summed it up

McLewis wrote:
I stand by what I said earlier, had Totti developed an attitude of winding up other players, pushing them, insulting them on a regular basis just to get in their heads to win a game, I'd no longer respect him as a person. I don't find that strange, weird, or as odd as some of you apparently appear to. I have a brain and I know right from wrong. It's not hard, fellas.

Also, Zlatan had his fair share of despicable behavior every now and then during his time in Serie A. Yet everyone praises him like mt praises possession football.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Totti is just another disgusting scum being protected by the medias. lost respect for him long ago

Doesn't count when it's on Balotelli
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Fighting with Onyewu in training, who knows what i'll find if i dug deeper in his Inter years when he was more rowdier

Yet where is the respect lost for Ibra?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:45 pm

ibra is a flare player with funny quotes off the pitch, he could kick a baby and fans world wide would spin it anyway.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Totti is just another disgusting scum being protected by the medias. lost respect for him long ago

Agree, his behavior was awful and the Roman media, every bit as fiery and fickle as its fans, protected him. I lost my respect for the Roman media way before this happened though so by the time this happened, all I could do is roll my eyes.

His apology to Balotelli.

"It's true, I was wrong: I apologize to him, but the bad thing is that the goal of Parma everyone calls you, spend three days and you find yourself alone with old friends."

2 days now and has Costa done the same to Gabriel? Nope, because he doesn't care and yet Totti's considered somehow a worse person, despite his contrition. Sound logic if I ever heard it.

farfan wrote:Totti is also a raging idiot who can't even speak his native language properly Laughing

And yet he had the humility to release a book of self-degrading jokes about himself (of which many of those jokes were about his accent) for charity. But sure, let's conveniently forget about that Rolling Eyes
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Totti has many scumbag actions, I myself have never lost respect for him because of these actions, I was just disappointed in them and him.

That's why I said I would find it hard to believe that you would lose respect for Totti based on if he constantly engaged in Costa like actions. I thought that you would just be very disappointed in him. I just feel like losing respect for someone is a strong thing, especially someone as entrenched in the club like Totti who has many great moments which outshine the madness.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Totti is scum, great player but he's a massive *bleep*. Spits and stamps on players.

Difference between him and Costa is the latter is ugly & plays for the most hated club in football.

Btw, Laughing @ the FA rescinding Gabriel's red card. They make this up as they go don't they?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:36 pm

the difference could also be that Totti publicly apologized
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Totti is a serial offender though so each apologies holds very less value.

What if he apologized after those incidences( mind you apology has lost its meaning in this serial offense case) , he still did worse things than Diego Costa.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:46 pm

farfan wrote:Totti is also a raging idiot who can't even speak his native language properly Laughing

You are not the first person I have seen write this. Because I honestly don't know Italian, what exactly you are getting at?

Also, Totti is kind of a dick but I respect Lewis' stance.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:46 pm

@ Nick You are certainly right in that when I've lost respect in someone, that is a strong thing. It's not something I would do lightly. For the stuff that Costa's been pulling with not only Chelsea, but Atleti as well as with Spain and Brazil? That's more than enough for me to say I'm done with him. There are several Lazio players that are in that boat for me, which is natural.

Totti is nowhere near that level of scumbaggery though. Not after a mere 2 headline-making incidents in a total of 11 years. There is a wide gap of other players to separate him from Costa. People keep saying he's done worse than the Poulsen and Balotelli incidents, but I have yet to actually see them post these incidents.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Totti usually apolagizes whenever he does something hot-headed and stupid.

He doesn't consistently do that, nor does he consistently "spits" and "stomps" on people as DC acts like a douche-bag.

Trying to compare the two is like comparing a man who occasionally farts to a piece of shit.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Gabriel red rescinded.

Justice done.

Says a lot about Mike Dean who acted without even seeing the incident Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:03 pm

I don't know, I think it's a bit over the top by the FA to rescind Gabriel's red when the ref was just a couple of yards away. Kinda goes against their "if the ref saw it, we won't post-ref the matches" policy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:07 pm

It's the FA Art, they are constantly tripping over themselves.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:15 pm

Doc wrote:

You are not the first person I have seen write this. Because I honestly don't know Italian, what exactly you are getting at?

Also, Totti is kind of a dick but I respect Lewis' stance.

he makes glaring grammar mistakes , misuses words , and generally displayed a poor command of italian over the past 2 decades .
Ribery is exactly like that with french .

every time a foreign player is interviewed in both France and Italy , the comments usually note how the player speaks better french / italian than Ribery / Totti . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:36 pm

How come totti doesn't speak correct Italian? Isn't he Italian

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Banned for 3 matches for violent conduct

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:05 pm

It's the right decision regardless, although the kick out was a bookable offence he shouldn't have been booked before that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 pm

meh, won't affect Chelsea much anyways. Has been really poor and it won't matter if it's him or Falcao upfront.

He'll miss walsall, newcastle and southampton at home lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's the right decision regardless, although the kick out was a bookable offence he shouldn't have been booked before that.

Costa however should have been booked after 2 minutes

https://streamable.com/86xp

The guy is just such an all around piece of shit Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next