chad4401
SuperMAG
Valkyrja
halamadrid2
The Demon of Carthage
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Athletic Bilbao vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: Athletic Bilbao vs Real Madrid

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Shaky second half but we got the win in the end

Feel bad for Navas who was outstanding, deserved a clean sheet but Marcelo let him down

It's games like these you wonder what the heck Ronaldo brings to this team bar goals. Awful awful awful

Pepe was at fault for Bilbao's goal, and was shit overall today. Apart from him and Ronaldo everyone player good. Special mentions to Varane, Modric, and Carvajal who were fantastic.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Athletic Bilbao vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: Athletic Bilbao vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 pm

I knew this game was difficult. Really happy with the win. Everyone bar Ronaldo and Pepe played very well.

Benzema was far from being his usual lazy self. He was electric tonight. His laziness is what keeps him from becoming the best CF on the planet. He got rid of it tonight. If he keeps on playing like this, he's hands down the best CF on the planet and by a country mile.

Marcelo was a demon. Lost count how many times he humiliated Bilbao.

Kroos and Modric were gods.

Kova was a joy to watch. Him, Kroos and Modric playing together  Heart Deadly trident.

Navas was absolutely sensational. Too bad he conceded but it was bound to happen anyway. At least he got rid of the pressure of not conceding. I'm so glad I was one of the very few who chose him over De Gea.

Carvajal was fantastic too. Brilliant performance. He should have gotten that assist.

Overall, I'm so happy with the win. San Mames is a difficult place to go to. Now we got our three points. Let's get the hell out of there.
Hala Madrid!

Last edited by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 pm

that horrible cf saving us again and look how much we needed to sell/bench him Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 pm

I knew this game was difficult. Really happy with the win. Everyone bar Ronaldo and Pepe played very well.

Benzema was far from being his usual lazy self. He was electric tonight. His laziness is what keeps him from becoming the best CF on the planet. He got rid of it tonight. If he keeps on playing like this, he's hands down the best CF on the planet and by a country mile.

Marcelo was a demon. Lost count how many times he humiliated Bilbao.

Kroos and Modric were gods.

Kova was a joy to watch. Him, Kroos and Modric playing together  Heart Deadly trident.

Navas was absolutely sensational. Too bad he conceded but it was bound to happen anyway. At least he got rid of the pressure of not conceding. I'm so glad I was one of the very few who chose him over De Gea.

Carvajal was fantastic too. Brilliant performance. He should have gotten that assist.

Overall, I'm so happy with the win. San Mames is a difficult place to go to. Now we got our three points. Let's get the hell out of there.
Hala Madrid!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:15 pm

This is why you have to cherish Benzema.

Unbelievable player.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:15 pm

We can't have our GK making this much saves every game that is not stuff of champions.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Adit wrote:We can't have our GK making this much saves every game that is not stuff of champions.

I agree. Navas has been saving our asses too much lately. We need to get our shit together asap.

Eagerly waiting for Ramos to come back.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:17 am

Adit wrote:We can't have our GK making this much saves every game that is not stuff of champions.

Pepe has to get his shit together sooner than later. He's been horrendous in the last games
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:40 am

Navas didn't have to make more than one save in the first half iirc. Our intensity dropped in the second, not as ruthless and alot of aimless long balls that gave the ball back to Bilbao. It looked like instructions because we turned up the heat again after their goal and went back to defensive after it

But you have to admire how we kept Aduriz quiet for the whole game including Garcia. They were hardly in the game and they are Bilbao's two danger men. Considering the stadium and the amount of games we have in the coming weeks this was an excellent performance. Navas had to be alert in the second half because we started dropping deeper and letting Bilbao attack us and trying to hit them on the counter. Bilbao are no slough so were bound to create some chances

I get Pepe made 2-3 mistake, but the amount of last minute blocks were too many to count and he dealt with Garcia/Aduriz excellenty. You've got to be a perfectionist if you think he was bad. Varane wasn't better than him at all because he made as many mistakes both played equally good

Marcelo is the one who dissapointed me for their goal, we lost the ball twice in the lead up to their goal, first Isco by their box, at that point Marcelo needs to run his butt off back to his position but doesn't and instead jogs back, then Pepe wins it back but his first touch is poor and Bilbao get the ball back, where is Marcelo??? there was a good 40-60 seconds for him to get back into position but as usual he is nowhere to be seen and they create a 3 v 2 by our box which should never happen much less when we are 1-0 up, Varane ends up covering for Marcelo, Carvajal covers for Pepe and Modric doesn't get to Sabino in time or rather lazy defending from him there too. He shouldve seen we were outnumbered and showed have done more to get to Sabino in time

Benzema was unplayable yesterday, he caused Bilbao to turnover the ball everytime with his pressing and had strikers instinct to get in the box and score that winner. Still not the best infront of goal mind you but was decisive in the most important moment which I liked

A concern I have is that we miss too many chances in the first half of games and it's really annoying. Some of our shots that should go in end up too high or are hit at the oppositions feet. I'll forgive Kovacic because he isn't a goal scorer but Benz, Ronaldo, Isco, Kroos, Modric need to do better with the chances they get. The fact that we were only 1-0 up at half time after a first half blitz must have encouraged the Bilbao players as they probably thought they'd weathered the most difficult storm. We can't do that against Celta as Barca duly saw how you can be punished for missing chances

Next game should be rotation time. No amrabaat means we can rotate the defensive players, Arbeloa for Marcelo, Nacho for Pepe, Casemiro for Kroos, Kovacic for Modric etc
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:53 am

You can not expect Marcelo to predict Pepe having a 10 meter first touch. That goal is all on Pepe...lost the ball in an embarrassing manner and then didnt recover, leaving a huge hole in the middle and allowing them to outnumber us.

Marcelo tried to stop the attack too early which in our case is useless as we dont really try to win the ball as a team but that was hardly a big mistake and bilbao had us outnumbered already.

Regarding the pressing, if only Cristiano can contribute we will be pretty difficult to break down. At the moment our forwards pressing/defending is largely unconvincing (despite yesterdays first half display),and a major blame goes to CR.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:56 am

Jese also had a nice cameo. Looked very fit.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:42 am

My point is forget Pepe's first touch for a second. Marcelo should be in his position the moment Isco loses the ball that way even if Pepe stepped up to intercept we would have enough playere back to cover for him. Instead Pepe steps up to intercept the ball goes too far away from him and predictably Marcelo is not in position to stop Susaeta from getting a free area infront of him to look up and pick out Sabin in the far post. Mistakes happen that's why there should be others there to help out, Modric didn't cover himself in any glory there either failing to run back and help out once he knew we were outnumbered
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:01 pm

I agree with Hala on both points. The defensive errors of Pepe, Varane, Marcelo and Modric plus the lack of finishing to overall good offensive game bar Ronaldo.

But the difference in my mind (from last year) is when there is a defensive error, as there no doubt will be, there has to be teammates near by to cover up the mistake. That is the team defense, that Rafa has been preaching and yesterday, one misplay by Pepe resulted in the first goal this season because neither Marcelo nor Modric were where they were supposed to be.

But overall, we have to be pleased. I still don't get all the criticism of Benitez. he has addressed the 3 major flaws of Carlo; balance, team defense, rotation and full use of squad.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 pm

delicious backhanded compliments as usual, the horror if benz hits 30-40, just to hear he is not that good in front goal and needs competition Proud, can't wait for you lot to also admit you don't know crap about CF, other than what the media tells you to think Smile
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:04 pm

What are you on about?

If Benzema flops we criticize him
If Benzema goats we praise him

Nothing more nothing less. Stop being such a fanboy mate.

FYI, he's one of my, if not, my favorite Madrid player.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:15 pm

I watched the match on a crappy stream so i rewatched it.

Benzema and Modric were amazing. Best match i have seen from Benzema in a while. He pressured the defenders like crazy,ran alot,his movement was absolutely fantastic...that is the kind of game a world class CF should be having, simply excellent.

Modric again showing why he is the uncontested best center midfielder in the world. He does it all, controlling the game, taking the ball out of difficult situations,killer through balls, key passes for goals, distribution,dispossessing players with tackles,great work rate....all around absolutely majestic player. Simply a privilege to have him.

Kovacic,Isco,Varane,Carvajal and Kroos comes next in line for those who had great matches. Kroos understood the necessity of tiring the bilbao players down by having as much as ball as we can. Varane had so many ball recovered and crucial tackles...when he ran with the ball to the bilbao goal i thought he was faster than Ronaldo. Definitely one of the quickest players in our squad. Carvajal had a very neat game, both going forward ,link up play and defensively he was great...he even took one foot to the face to deny them a chance and won a foul. Isco with another match winning assist...He had a very good game despite being played out of position. Kovacic is technically pretty damn good..he linked our midfield to attack really well.If he can play like that things will be difficult for Benitez.

Pepe was awful. Unbelievable awful on the ball that every time he was pressured he lost the ball and bilbao capitalized on them. He was the main culprit in damaging our keep ball game and it made Kroos's work alot harder.I have accepted that Pepe is awful on the ball but when opposition create some chances out of your ball skill then you need to see some bench.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Adit wrote:I watched the match on a crappy stream so i rewatched it.

Benzema and Modric were amazing. Best match i have seen from Benzema in a while. He pressured the defenders like crazy,ran alot,his movement was absolutely fantastic...that is the kind of game a world class CF should be having, simply excellent.

Modric again showing why he is the uncontested best center midfielder in the world. He does it all, controlling the game, taking the ball out of difficult situations,killer through balls, key passes for goals, distribution,dispossessing players with tackles,great work rate....all around absolutely majestic player. Simply a privilege to have him.

Kovacic,Isco,Varane,Carvajal and Kroos comes next in line for those who had great matches. Kroos understood the necessity of tiring the bilbao players down by having as much as ball as we can. Varane had so many ball recovered and crucial tackles...when he ran with the ball to the bilbao goal i thought he was faster than Ronaldo. Definitely one of the quickest players in our squad. Carvajal had a very neat game, both going forward ,link up play and defensively he was great...he even took one foot to the face to deny them a chance and won a foul. Isco with another match winning assist...He had a very good game despite being played out of position. Kovacic is technically pretty damn good..he linked our midfield to attack really well.If he can play like that things will be difficult for Benitez.

Pepe was awful. Unbelievable awful on the ball that every time he was pressured he lost the ball and bilbao capitalized on them. He was the main culprit in damaging our keep ball game and it made Kroos's work alot harder.I have accepted that Pepe is awful on the ball but when opposition create some chances out of your ball skill then you need to see some bench.

I personally believe than Kroos is a better midfielder than Modric. Nonetheless they are both top 3 world-wide.

Varane is the fastest CB I've ever seen, and our fastest player along with Carvajal and Bale.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3