Glory
free_cat
Sri
Hapless_Hans
57 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

What will Pep do next?

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:52 pm

It would be pretty funny if Pep took over Chelsea just to spite Mourinho.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:54 pm

The banter is going to be unreal imo, especially if he manages to do better than Mourinho Laughing

But, i hope Mourinho stays, don't want to ever see his smug face in Serie A again
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Sorry, I can't see Pep going to Chelsea. Neither of course Madrid.

It might indeed be that he decided long since to go to City because of Xiki Usbekistan or whats his face, but somehow this doesn't convince me. Or maybe he's now reevaluating this plan.
Or maybe I'm underestimating the whole Qatar connection.

Indeed, seems like in 2017 more interesting jobs will be available.
For me the most reasonable thing would be to add another year or two at Bayern and then go to Arsenal. Or maybe United, though they're not worthy.

Not sure when Arsene's going to call it a day, but his contract runs until 2017 afaik?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Rumours this week about AW being offered a 2 year extension to 2019.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Would love for Pep to take over in 2017. Would be neat if we win the PL in one (or both, :greedy:) with Arsene by then.

But if Pep decides to continue with this mantra of only staying 4 years at a club then ditching then we might as well invest in someone else.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:45 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Will wait until rumors of next summer's transfers are thickening, and then go to the club with the most ridiculously stacked squad and biggest war chest;

i agree with this. in all honesty i don't see him going to chelsea nor arsenal, unless those two clubs are willing to get in the market and spend like crazy. it'll be very gutsy of him to move to those clubs, compared to the comfort of bayern and barcelona... i think he stays at bayern, he usually signs only one year extensions so there's always talk about will he or won't he...he'll stay at bayern where he's comfortable till the next ridiculously stacked club comes about. psg imo would have been his top choice if they didn't have blanc.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Tbh I think the ideal outcome for neutrals would be him staying one more year and then going to Milan Arsenal.

Would love to see him make them a powerhouse again after winning the CL with Bayern. Would end this bs stacked argument too.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:32 pm

The man who turned Bayern from a powerhouse into a joke who get rekt in semi-finals and can't beat anyone away from home in the CL to save their lives will turn Arsenal into a powerhouse.

State of Pep fans these days. rofl

Best thing for him is to retire so he can't embarrass himself outside the Bundeseredivisie.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 pm

Taking a team that lost the title to Dortmund for three years straight and winning four BLs in a row. Definitely a joke Rolling Eyes
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Cruijf wrote:Taking a team that lost the title to Dortmund for three years straight and winning four BLs in a row. Definitely a joke Rolling Eyes

rewriting history a bit, aren't we ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:58 pm

What is this? Laughing Last time I checked Bayern rolled over Dortmund in the CL final and won the league title by a 25 point gap before Pep took over. And that was actually before Pep got Dortmund's best player and best young talent as a welcome gift. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:41 am

Well I could've said took over after Bayern lost two times in row to Dortmund in the league and once in cup then won once and he proceeded to win 3 times with pep but that doesn't sound as good.

The point remains though, Bayern's current dominance of BL was certainly unprecedented in recent history.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:08 am

I personally think he should stay at Bayern Munich. It is indeed a weird situation considering how much the board and players want him to remain also should show there happy with his work despite some people bring up the CL semi-final failures.

I would like to see him at Arsenal and personally think either them or United will be his destination, maybe could stay one more year, take a vacation and then head to one of them.

He could also end up at PSG.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:44 am

Cruijf wrote:Tbh I think the ideal outcome for neutrals would be him staying one more year and then going to Milan Arsenal.

Would love to see him make them a powerhouse again after winning the CL with Bayern. Would end this bs stacked argument too.

i think you're overestimating pep's "powers". 1. arsenal actually have to battle with other clubs in the country, for talent as well as for titles...city, utd, chelsea, aren't selling clubs, and will definitely not sell their top stars to their rivals, especially not to arsenal who, though financially stable don't have the same clout.

2. arsenal aren't littered with a messi, eto'o, henry, puyol, xavi et al. they have some good players, but their good players are also on similar levels with the good players at utd, city, chelsea; not to mention all those teams will probably restock in the summer.

i think even pep knows arsenal won't be a cake walk, he'll steer clear. with the competition and the cut throat way some clubs are run, he could be exposed in a hurry. i see him staying at munich. if per chance blanc leaves psg, he could move there at some point in the future, or to juventus....

that's if juve are still dominating serie a, if not, the guy might even retire from football altogether, make sure his reputation isn't stained, allow his myth to grow, and people will start saying ridiculous things like "he could have coached 'insert midtable team name here' to a treble"....when a manager signs only 1 year deals, an exit from the game is extremely plausible
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:47 am

the city option is probably more realistic than arsenal...but city''ll have to spend loads of cash. i say, he stays with bayern
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:33 am

titosantill wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Tbh I think the ideal outcome for neutrals would be him staying one more year and then going to Milan Arsenal.

i think you're overestimating pep's "powers". 1. arsenal actually have to battle with other clubs in the country, for talent as well as for titles...city, utd, chelsea, aren't selling clubs, and will definitely not sell their top stars to their rivals, especially not to arsenal who, though financially stable don't have the same clout.

2. arsenal aren't littered with a messi, eto'o, henry, puyol, xavi et al. they have some good players, but their good players are also on similar levels with the good players at utd, city, chelsea; not to mention all those teams will probably restock in the summer.

i think even pep knows arsenal won't be a cake walk, he'll steer clear. with the competition and the cut throat way some clubs are run, he could be exposed in a hurry. i see him staying at munich. if per chance blanc leaves psg, he could move there at some point in the future, or to juventus....

that's if juve are still dominating serie a, if not, the guy might even retire from football altogether, make sure his reputation isn't stained, allow his myth to grow, and people will start saying ridiculous things like "he could have coached 'insert midtable team name here' to a treble"....when a manager signs only 1 year deals, an exit from the game is extremely plausible

This.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:58 am

srigooner wrote:
titosantill wrote:

This.

BULLSHit!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:47 am

El Gunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:
titosantill wrote:

This.

BULLSHit!

NOt!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:08 am

He'll stay at Bayern.

Didn't he do this also at Barcelona that he extended just one year at a time? Nothing unusual here and he'll stay at Bayern.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:44 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Get Jupp Heynckes out of retirement.

Ottmar Hitzfeld is no longer at the helm for Switzerland AFAIK and hasn't officially retired, he'd be the obvious choice, though I want him to replace Löw.

Then there's always the possibility to poach from 2nd division clubs that are doing surprisingly well, just look at Wolfsburg and Schalke, they poached their coaches from clubs that were punching above their weight class and are doing fine, same as the BVB did twice now, with Klopp and Tuchel.

Lucien Favre also would be an obvious choice.

this strategy has recently reaped rewards for many BL clubs and I like it. it gives a great chance to these coaches also !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:40 am

Yes, that's why I (and RWO agrees with me there, I think) place much higher stock in managers that get results with shit squads, and then get hired by clubs with better players, than with managers that just move from stacked club to stack club, and are hit-and-miss there.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Yes, that's why I (and RWO agrees with me there, I think) place much higher stock in managers that get results with shit squads, and then get hired by clubs with better players, than with managers that just move from stacked club to stack club, and are hit-and-miss there.

Not the case of Guardiola who is hit-and-hit though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:58 am

Oh I wasn't aiming at him, I was thinking more like Capello or whoever; the general idea is that with a great coach who had a great squad you really have a hard time telling how much of the success was from the coaching, and how much was individual brilliance; if a coach has previously done really well with a shit squad you can infer more of his ability;

that being said, of course there's coaches that seem to do worse, the more star power they have at their power *cough* LvG *cough*...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:18 pm

If he extends just for 1 year, then most likely he will take over only club :coffee: LvG most probably wont be at united for more than 3 years. Pep will be the ideal successor.

But I still think if he is to extend, he will do it for more. Otherwise he will come to City after this season. Chelsea will appoint Ancelotti soon and will make a move for Simeone in 1-2 years.
As for Arsenal, it will depend on how they do this season.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:22 pm

@Viva: Next season, Hoffenheim will be interesting coach-wise as they intent to give a 28-year old new kid the helm ^^

As for Pep Guardiola - I actually wonder how long he will actually keep on coaching. My impression is that he might turn to politics as he is a strong supporter of Catalan independence, and maybe he will run for some office there.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:10 pm

titosantill wrote:

I think you're overestimating how much Pep cares about his reputation. If he was so afraid of being 'exposed' I don't think he would even consider going to England, because I think we can all agree it's a much more competitive league than the BL.

And I still don't understand where this BS comes from that Pep will only accept a job if he has a 'stacked team'. Barcelona was a mess when he was offered the job, half the squad was considered 'finished', Xavi was on his way out, Messi was injury prone, and no one was expecting even a single title that year. Hardly a dream job where he could expect to be carried to success.

Same thing with Bayern. When he accepted the job in January, they were hardly 'stacked', they were just a bunch of underachieving chokers (*cough* Arsenal *cough*). Let's not forget one of Pep's best players has been Robben, and he wasn't even getting into the team when Pep said yes.

To be clear, I'm not saying Pep will win the treble in his first year. But if he stays for his typical 3-4 years, I'm very confident he will take them back to challenging for the PL and possibly even CL by the time he leaves. He made Barca the best team in the world when everyone was sure they would be finished, and he gave Bayern consistent success the likes of which they hadn't seen in the modern era. Not sure why you think it's impossible he could take Arsenal to the top again, especially when they're not that far away right now.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next