Raptorgunner
urbaNRoots
Hapless_Hans
Sri
RealGunner
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal [Champions League] - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal [Champions League]

Post by T-Mach Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:32 am

Why is there so much freakin' negativity in here?

Yeah,we got our asses walloped but by whom?
This is one of the best teams in the world right now ffs.

I agree that the we lost was totally shambolic but we all knew before we had zero chances of winning especially with the makeshift defence and the invisible right side.Even the eternal optimist,AW said he'll be happy with a draw.So,this match should/can be considered to be an exception esp since Bayern were seething after our win over them in Emirates.

I hope the players and fans see it this way.Just see this match as another WHU 2-0 defeat.And we did manage to bounce back and we will this time too.

And who says we're already out of UCL?And that our qualification is not in our hands?

Come on you people honestly believe we won't qualify?
We win both our games with the Olympiakos game won by a 2-goal margin then we're through.The equation seems simple and straight forward to me.

We've won against them with players like Santos and Chamakh starting and with our current XI we definitely can IMO.

The only issue that worries me is our horrendous record in Greece and that we may not have best XI for this game due to existing/new injuries.

But then no English team had defeated the mighty Madrid,Dortmund and the Milans away from home and we did do that so I believe this is the perfect time to change our poor record in Greece,which is this poor mostly due to the game historically been just there to make up the numbers and we were starting players like Tom Cruise for us.

There is still reason for optimism.We did defeat Bayern and we will defeat Olympiakos by a two goal margin now that the players now our European qualification is on the line.

Further,I dunno why there is a craving for EL eventhough it is sarcastic.Playing on Thursdays and then on weekends will ensure Arsenal have more players in the treatment room than in the bench.

I believe our focus should now be on NLD.With the Spurs playing well(or atleast defending well) and having the second best defensive record thanks to their Belgium CB pairing,this match has the makings of a cracker.

Last season was horrible for us wrt NLD.We got screwed by Flamini the first time and our tactics the second time.

But this season we've started with a victory over them in COC.So,I hope our streak continues and we end their undefeated streak this Sunday.

P.S. Also I believe we deserved this defeat for wearing that abominably bad looking kit.I believe we've lost every time we've worn it.I hope we ditch this circus tent kit for ever.I thought AW will have a second half jersey change a la Fergie yesterday.

/longpost.

T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal [Champions League] - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal [Champions League]

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 am

I don't see much negativity, just people expressing their disappointment at the manner of defeat. There's no shame in losing to such a good team, but we aren't some newly promoted club going to their ground; we're joint top of our table and playing for CL qualification, and that alone warrants more fight than we showed last night. Bayern had it easy from the 8th minute. At the very least we could have put up some resistance. I think that's what most people aren't happy with.

Qualification IS out of our hands, because even if we win our last two, Olympiakos only need a point against Bayern to qualify, unlikely as that may seem. That's not so much negativity as it is the simple reality of the situation. Yes, qualification is still achievable, but I also think fans have a right not to feel confident after earlier performances against the two teams we need to beat. And let's not forget that Olympiakos, as well, will be fighting hard for qualification on that last matchday, should it come down to that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:58 am

One question, what happens to Wilshere? Has he played this season at all? And to Bellerin?

Another honest question, don't you guys see that Arsenal injury list is just too big every season and when perma-injured players move to another team, they stop getting injures? Wouldn't Wenger and his physical/medical team have to be blamed?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Jack got injured big time so he hasnt played this season, honestly he's turning to another Diaby for us. Hope some miracle happens and he could stay healthy for a while.

Bellerin developing nicely, he's guaranteed 1st team right back. Didnt play for Bayer game and u could see the hole Debuchy ( French NT) left on that flank. He's very similar to Alba but probably with potential to be complete fullback in the future.

Yes, not the 1st time Wenger training & rushing back from injuries are questioned. Several sources has mentioned how outdated and unbalanced his training method is.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Several of those sources, like that Dutch 'fitness expert', have also been making half-baked baseless allegations. When someone is employed so long at one club, it is rather easy to cry wolf.

I'd attach some credence to that analyses if there was no investment in infrastructure and turnover at the backroom staff - which is not the case.

Training methods are also dependent on style of play. Wenger is not a Moyes, who stresses on extensive fitness and endurance building in hardcore training sessions - it takes but a read of Cross's recent book to reinforce that.

Rushing players back may be an issue. Henry did say that there was probably only a handful of games in his entire career when he wasn't playing with a niggle or a back pain or something. Maybe some players just have higher thresholds - that's why Wenger also seems to rely on how the players tell him they are feeling when making team selection, in addition to what the staff and stats have to say.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:02 pm

There is no shame losing to Bayern but our performance was absolutely terrible, I thought few of the goals were avoidable. Losing to any team 5-1 is not acceptable for a top European side.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:09 pm

I read Cross book actually and Jay did quote it, about how Ramsey rested midweek and trained so hard and hit red zone for weekend game. Of course it's only one man book so we might never know since this kind of things rarely goes public, but it's not out of the question. The only actual fact everyone knows is our injuries records/ stats, and those never favor Wengers or Arsenal.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Twoism wrote:I read Cross book actually and Jay did quote it, about how Ramsey rested midweek and trained so hard and hit red zone for weekend game. Of course it's only one man book so we might never know since this kind of things rarely goes public, but it's not out of the question. The only actual fact everyone knows is our injuries records/ stats, and those never favor Wengers or Arsenal.

When you have around 10 first team players out by November every year you know something is horribly wrong at our club.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:19 pm

As for the game, this result is no surprise to me, even the score. This is how Bayer playing all season, they look for that 1 goal to open the flood gate then bombard/ cutthroat opponents very quick when everyone still confused. BvB and Wolfburg games come to mind. Honestly I cant see any team capable of making a comeback against this Bayer.

I'm a bit dissappointed since u could clearly see the gap between two teams, and just look at their bench and I wish our bench could be of that level. Rather all in for EPL than europa league, Thursday nights make me sick. On the other hand, we got kicked out of CL group stage reached Uefa cup final and lost to almighty Hagi's Galatasaray so who know Smile
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:02 pm

No worries in 2 years Pep will be coming and first piece of business will be sacking the medical team.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:05 pm

I had no expectations coming into this game, and so I see no reason as to be negative. True, we shouldn't be losing 5-1 to any team, but considering our injury situation on every aspect of the pitch, we did the best we could away against a top 2 side in Europe. I was just disappointed to see some key players being out there so late.

It does work out for us that Olympiacos have to go to Bayern and get a point, but the last game will be extremely tough to win by 2 goals. Hopefully we have a few players back by then.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:24 pm

We dont have a good record in Greece, I can see us coming close winning 2-1 and ending up in Europa league which will be even more embarrassing.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Off topic, is me or Giroud looks a lot Skinner? hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:We dont have a good record in Greece, I can see us coming close winning 2-1 and ending up in Europa league which will be even more embarrassing.

Playing Europa League is more embarrasing than finishing last of the group ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:58 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:We dont have a good record in Greece, I can see us coming close winning 2-1 and ending up in Europa league which will be even more embarrassing.

Playing Europa League is more embarrasing than finishing last of the group ?

Thats not what I said. I said we could win the game and still end up in Europa league.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:48 pm

before I forget..

Mertesacker on German TV after the game

Presenter: "For the first goal, what went wrong with the offside trap?"

Mertesacker: "We don't have an offside trap"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:37 am

Silly offside traps are for kids. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Meh he is just defending Gabriel.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:23 pm

Defending is his job, afterall :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2