Helmer
RealGunner
Sri
Lucifer
Art Morte
64 posters

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Away from the CL fun tonight, Daniel Sturridge has done his hamstring and is out for several weeks.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Away from the CL fun tonight, Daniel Sturridge has done his hamstring and is out for several weeks.

How does this keep happening smh

Sturridge didn't even play the 90 mins against Newcastle.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:30 am

ES wrote:

Laughing ffs
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Garry Monk sacked by Swansea after 1 win in 11 games.

And they started the season so well, too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:59 pm

rofl
Dat Europa Vine
Dat Sturridge glass body
Dat Garry Monk
Dat BPL - Barclays Premier League Best Premier League Banter Premier League
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Can't help but feel that's a stupid decision, as he's clearly a good coach.

But then I don't know what went on behind the scenes to cause such a bad spell.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:13 pm

Yeah just not fan of this modern football where a manager does very well for the first season or two and then when he hits his first bad spell with a club he gets the sack just like that.
Ruthless.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:28 pm

El Gunner wrote:Yeah just not fan of this modern football where a manager does very well for the first season or two and then when he hits his first bad spell with a club he gets the sack just like that.
Ruthless.

Agreed. It's because we're in a 'what have you done for me lately' society. SAF never would have brought United to glory under today's conditions...he would have been sacked well before. Too much need for instant gratification.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:35 pm

I guess Monk had to go, Swansea should be doing better than this.

But Swansea need some new players, too, especially their striker situation is awful. Gomis scored in each of the first four games, but after that he's gone dry. That Eder guy has been a flop - and he's still their clear 2nd choice striker. They need a striker in January and maybe a DM or a CM. Shelvey, Ki and Sigurdsson as the central players is proving too light-weight.

Charlie Austin to Swansea in January, calling it now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Rodg will turn their season around...maybe try to buy Joe Allen in January. Razz
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Swansea got rid of Laudrop after a poor period even though he won them a cup and got them into Europe, so it's not surprising Monk has gone after his first poor period. This one feels particularly stupid though considering they must have hired Monk on the understanding that he was a young and still developing coach, yet at the first sign of trouble they get rid of him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Art Morte wrote:I guess Monk had to go, Swansea should be doing better than this.

If he had to go after a run of 6 points from 11 games why are we are disgusting club for wanting rid of Pardew after a run of 4 wins in 29 games?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Because we know where the root of the problem lies at Newcastle.
Especially in Pardew's time.Getting rid of his best and most trusted player and as mentioned no new signings.Unfairly treated chap.

I'm glad he's proving haters wrong with lowly crystal palace.The best British manager in the game.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:16 pm

^agree

He's proven his worth beyond doubt. Should be the ideal Mourinho replacement at Chelsea IMO.
It's time he's entrusted with a big job.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:16 pm

S wrote:Because we know where the root of the problem lies at Newcastle.
Especially in Pardew's time.Getting rid of his best and most trusted player and as mentioned no new signings.Unfairly treated chap.

I'm glad he's proving haters wrong with lowly crystal palace.The best British manager in the game.

I have no issue with that, my problem is you are absolving him of any blame lol. No way any other manager would go on massive losing streaks like he did and get no blame what so ever. Laughing

You can have a bad working environment and do a bad job btw. Also no new signings is bullcrap, we spent just as much last summer as we did this summer.

There is no excuse for 4 wins in 29 games for any team, irrelevant of the working environment and there were multiple similar runs of defeats.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I guess Monk had to go, Swansea should be doing better than this.

If he had to go after a run of 6 points from 11 games why are we are disgusting club for wanting rid of Pardew after a run of 4 wins in 29 games?

Sorry, could you tell me when did this happen?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm talking about 13-14 season.I don't remember Newcastle making any prominent signings that yr.
I don't remember Newcastle spending much money the year before either especially when they needed to build on their fairly successful season the yr before but you dint.
You spent money last summer but Carver was managing you.

I'm not absolving him of any blame.I'm merely trying to suggest he wasn't backed properly by your club.

No one can deny he's been doing a terrific job at Palace.It's certainly no fluke.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Well swansea fans are not too fussed. They have been wanting him out for some time now.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:34 pm

S wrote:I'm talking about 13-14 season.I don't remember Newcastle making any prominent signings that yr.
I don't remember Newcastle spending much money the year before either especially when they needed to build on their fairly successful season the yr before but you dint.
You spent money last summer but Carver was managing you.

I'm not absolving him of any blame.I'm merely trying to suggest he wasn't backed properly by your club.

No one can deny he's been doing a terrific job at Palace.It's certainly no fluke.

De Jong, Janmaat, Cabella cost nearly 30m by themselves and they wasn't the only ones.

And yes you are absolving him of blame, stop lying Laughing

Also Carver was not managing us last summer, he was sacked before the summer even happened. It would helpful if you stopped talking about stuff you have no clue about Laughing

Also if he wasn't supported financially don't you think it would have been a good idea to actually develop the ones you do have instead of banishing them to the reserves for no reason and getting rid of them for practically nothing?

Of course that doesn't fit into your " woe is Pardew" agenda though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Sorry, could you tell me when did this happen?

@Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 pm

RED wrote:United heading out the group stages, Arsenal most likely as well, Chelsea remain in the balance, City losing at home right now, we're losing...

PL is an atrocious league, let's face it. Entertainment wise it's good, but quality wise it's piss poor.

hooray for 3 teams in the CL come next season Rolling Eyes

Unintentional reverse jinx ftw Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:41 pm

Not sure what to make of Man United at the moment. The only thing that seems certain to me is that their current status-quo won't be maintained... either they'll stumble at some point and results in the league will trail off or they'll click and performances will pick up significantly.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Can't fathom our they're still in and abouts at the top of the table. Yes, I understand why they're in fact there, it's because the rest of the league isn't far better and consistent. But still, they're so passive and just doing nothing, how are they snatching draws and 1 goal victories?!?
Lucky
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:54 pm

I don't think it can be explained away with just "luck." They've clearly got the talent in their squad to find those goals/chances but they just don't seem at equilibrium currently. The league position doesn't match the perceived performances or atmosphere around the club. It really feels as though either they'll find a breakout performance that will lift the gloom and drive them to reach a higher level or the negativity will set in with the squad and they'll crumble. I just can't for the life of me figure out which I think is more likely.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:03 pm

RedOranje wrote:I don't think it can be explained away with just "luck." They've clearly got the talent in their squad to find those goals/chances but they just don't seem at equilibrium currently.  The league position doesn't match the perceived performances or atmosphere around the club.  It really feels as though either they'll find a breakout performance that will lift the gloom and drive them to reach a higher level or the negativity will set in with the squad and they'll crumble.  I just can't for the life of me figure out which I think is more likely.

Pretty good description. I have a similar feeling.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised at the relentlessness with which their playing style has been criticized, and the public attitude is shifting strongly against LvG.

That means he'd now likely to go crazy, defiant, and double down, because he won't take any shit.
He could also increasingly fall out with players.

With the injuries they have I tend, at the moment, to the second option.
I could see them drop out of top 4 too, at least for a while.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next