Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lucifer
The Demon of Carthage
Hapless_Hans
huntsman
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Poor man's Bonaventura

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Curtinho wrote:Pffft...comparing ATG big game player Sneijder to these scrubs.

Think you should read my post more carefully tbh, i'm not comparing him to anyone. Just that i hand picked a bunch of attacking players under Mourinho who excelled under him and never really benefited from the excuses Hazard does.

I was just kidding around because I think the poster before you said that Hazard has never shown up for the big games.

Either way it's true. I like Hazard as a player but he has received way more than the benefit of the doubt in his time at Chelsea. I still think that he would excel in a more offensive system with a different coach, obviously, but he also just isn't as good as some people make him out to be. A great player no doubt, but not one of the top 5-10 in the world I'd say.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Not often I agree wit Mourinho but I do here.

“We have different concepts of number 10, me and him,” said Mourinho when asked about whether Hazard will be given a run in his favoured, central role.
“For me a number 10 does a lot of things, with the ball and without the ball. So for me a number 10 is a very special player in my team.
“With a system of two midfield players and one number 10, I demand a lot from a number 10.
“I like a number 10 to score goals. I like a number 10 to get in the box. I like a number 10 to score goals like Oscar's against Maccabi Tel Aviv.
“A number 10 for me is an eight-and-a-half when the team loses the ball, and the number 10 is a nine-and-a-half when the team has the ball.
“Who is my perfect number 10? Wesley Sneijder and Deco. Because they could defend, get in the box and finish goals? Yes.”
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Strange he says that, he played Ozil as a number 10 who fulfilled a very different role. Surely he could do that with Hazard?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Sneijder could defend?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not often I agree wit Mourinho but I do here.

“We have different concepts of number 10, me and him,” said Mourinho when asked about whether Hazard will be given a run in his favoured, central role.
“For me a number 10 does a lot of things, with the ball and without the ball. So for me a number 10 is a very special player in my team.
“With a system of two midfield players and one number 10, I demand a lot from a number 10.
“I like a number 10 to score goals. I like a number 10 to get in the box. I like a number 10 to score goals like Oscar's against Maccabi Tel Aviv.
“A number 10 for me is an eight-and-a-half when the team loses the ball, and the number 10 is a nine-and-a-half when the team has the ball.
“Who is my perfect number 10? Wesley Sneijder and Deco. Because they could defend, get in the box and finish goals? Yes.”

If this is to do with Hazard then it makes litle sense as he plays him as an 11...

I agree with him on that as well. He has just described Jari Litmanen.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Cruijf wrote:Strange he says that, he played Ozil as a number 10 who fulfilled a very different role. Surely he could do that with Hazard?

Lol Hazard isn't in Ozil's league when it comes to playmaking. He can't be a 10 like that, it's like asking Ribery to be a 10.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Cruijf wrote:Strange he says that, he played Ozil as a number 10 who fulfilled a very different role. Surely he could do that with Hazard?
he made a bet on Ozil to become that kind of player but that did not happen. So now Mourinho is in a situation where he would rather have players that fit what he is looking for rather than player who dont. It makes sense, Oscar fits what mourinho is looking for, but he doesnt play at a high enough level consistently
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:37 pm

ES wrote:Poor man's Niang
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Still loling at Gil or whoever it was trying to compare Hazard to Neymar, and arguing Hazard was better. Neymar could potentially finish 2nd in the Ballon D'Or this year, a podium Hazard will never get near.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:29 pm

It's a matter of opinion. Mine is that Hazard is a very underrated, underutilized, and mismanaged player.

If I had to choose between a creator (hazard) and a reliant player (Neymar); I would choose Hazard. If Hazard plays for a team I lead or manage, he would be second to Messi only and not the Hazard that you currently see on your screens every week.

This is why my pick would be Hazard.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:51 pm

huntsman wrote:It's a matter of opinion. Mine is that Hazard is a very underrated, underutilized, and mismanaged player.

If I had to choose between a creator (hazard) and a reliant player (Neymar); I would choose Hazard. If Hazard plays for a team I lead or manage, he would be second to Messi only and not the Hazard that you currently see on your screens every week.

This is why my pick would be Hazard.
Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's  - Page 2 6da082fbfafcf593d64799e9da4e11b4df2899b7459116a78e650d8b377a421f
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Lol Hazard isn't in Ozil's league when it comes to playmaking. He can't be a 10 like that, it's like asking Ribery to be a 10.

I'm not advocating using Hazard as a 10 lol, I just think it's very strange that Mourinho would cite defending and pressing as his reasons Hazard can't play there. It's more that he's much better when he's isolated one and one, and that's not gonna happen in the middle.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Hazard can nail the number 10 role.
He should have just kept his mouth shut instead of coming out in public and saying that he told Mourinho to play him in the number 10 role and that is why his performance has improved.

Mourinho being the stubborn coach he is, came out and said Hazard is not a number 10 citing out some reasons which work well on paper and sound even better then moved Hazard to play forward.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Cronaldo against Eibar.

1 penalty goal from 9 shots
0 assists
0 chance's created
0 dribbles
0 through balls
0 tackles
0 interceptions
0 crosses

Hazard should do Cronaldo, and concentrate on goals only, how would GL react to that? hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:20 pm

Harmonica wrote:Cronaldo against Eibar.

1 penalty goal from 9 shots
0 assists
0 chance's created
0 dribbles
0 through balls
0 tackles
0 interceptions
0 crosses

Hazard should do Cronaldo, and concentrate on goals only, how would GL react to that? hmm

Don't know. Let's see him score first.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Cruijf wrote:

I'm not advocating using Hazard as a 10 lol, I just think it's very strange that Mourinho would cite defending and pressing as his reasons Hazard can't play there. It's more that he's much better when he's isolated one and one, and that's not gonna happen in the middle.

That's not a good reason no, the real reason is he excells drifting into space rather than occupying space like a lot of these not wingers or 10s.

It's incredibly hard to be a 10 because you are so tightly marked, your intelligence off the ball has to be insanely good. Most players are just much better drifting into that space than actually occupying it to start with and Hazard is one of them.

He'll never be a good 10.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:18 am

Honestly, he's being held back atm because we kinda suck but I don't think there's much latent potential in him. I mean he's not really young anymore, he's not new to the team to the league, he didn't really improve exponentially like Neymar is doing at Barca in the last year in the almost 4 years he has been with us so I doubt it will happen. He's still a formidable player and one of the best, if not the best, in the PL, but that's it. Won't reach a world class/balon d'or status even if he's played at the fullest of his capabilities because he simply isn't there.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:08 am

You're reading too much into the past.
Know that It is very easy to skew your data / opinion when you focus on the recent past performance of the player.

Hazard is still a diamond in the rough, and he wont be able to express himself until he is given the privilege of playing where he sees himself fit. Football is not a game of chess or go. It can be as simple as, where do you see yourself playing son, as a number 10? Okay go

Ruud and myself are not talking about what Hazard has been doing but what he should be doing and what he can do.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:37 am

Ribery could do it. :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:36 am

The truth is hazard isn't that good neither is he on an elite level tbh.. All these are just excuses for his ineptitude. I bet hazard would go to bayern, real, barca and still underperform, like he does for belgium too.

The thing is this didn't start this season, as hazard has been like this for bout 2 plus years now. People still seem to think in their heads that he's some 22 year old player, I mean, this guy is freaking 25 in a months time, so to think he'll magically transform and become world class is just lol worthy tbh. Kind of reminds me how people felt that guys like sanchez, fabregas, benzema and others could magically become super player if they went to bigger clubs..

If you're good enough, you'll be able to make a massive impact regardless of whereever you find yourself..

Do you think that individually, guys like Neymar, messi, suarez, ronaldo, wouldn't have a serious impact in this current chelsea season?

In comparision with fellow (so called) other young talents, I don't even think he's a top 5 young talent (if u can call him that). Guys like gotze (even if I don't rate him that highly), pogba, thiago, james are simply better IMO.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 am

He's already at an elite level, he's just not performing at the moment to his / an elite level standards. Then again neither is Ronaldo.

Hazard's problem is ambition; he treats football almost as a hobby than a profession. He just likes to play football, he keeps saying. It doesnt matter where he plays as long as he plays football. That's not what an elite player says. Sometimes words speak louder than actions; at least justify those actions. Hazard would rather assist a colleague and help him score a goal than score the goal himself. This is what's keeping his scoring and shooting skills at bay.

22, 25, who the hell cares. He has enough time to turn things around and become a B D contender, but he wont dominate the competition like Ronaldo & Messi did. The real question is whether he's really going to make the necessary changes. Personally, I dont think, not because he's not capable of that, no. The talent he has is only matched by Messi's. None of the above players you mentioned come close to Hazard's talent. Even Neymar falls short.
Gotze, Pogba, James and I dont know which Thiago you're refering to certainly dont hold a candle to hazard.

The point that you and a lot of the other users are missing is that this thread is not about how Hazard has performed so far as compared to the other (elite) players or to expectations from him. It's about what he is capable of, if he were to tap into his peak performance / talent reservoir.

In other words, it's only a matter of opinions and views which might not see the light or be proven right.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next