rwo power
LeVersacci
McAgger
breva
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am watching or watched the 2016 Super Bowl

Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl Vote_lcap17%Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl Vote_lcap83%Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl Empty Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl

Post by breva Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:52 am

I played american football (and baseball) as a kid up though high school, I played soccer through university. I enjoyed playing both american football, I was a running back, and baseball where I played third base, but I never really enjoyed watching the two sports. I am wondering how many football/soccer fans are watching the Super Bowl.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl Empty Re: Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:20 am

Watching it. Its just about over.

Cam is such a coward for not going for the ball after that last fumble.

Back to top Go down

Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl Empty Re: Who is watching or watched the Super Bowl

Post by breva Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:09 am

I don't even know which teams are playing.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:33 am

First Superbowl I didn't watch in 8 years Proud

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:36 am

LolHandEgg
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:41 pm

No

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:40 pm

No. Not my cup of tea, sorry.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:14 pm

I grew up playing baseball as well (probably my best sport) - I played in the outfield (left/center field). But I agree that baseball is much more fun to play. The dugout was a blast and the sport really brought people together who weren't close before playing on the same team.

I never played organized football as my schools didn't offer a program. But if I had to choose which sport to watch, it would be football all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I was pretty good at baseball too, if you played left field you know that third base is a very exciting position with right-handers at bat, line drives and high speed grounders that would come at you real quick.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:06 pm

I live in the US. Went to the gym during the game. I get there and there is not a soul was in the weights room. Minutes after I start warming up my back, someone comes in and takes the only squat rack. It was leg day for me and internally raged.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:30 pm

I wanted no parts of the infield Very Happy

Much respect for anyone who played those positions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:08 pm

I once came across a stat saying that in a game of american football, the ball is in play roughly for 11 minutes whereas the broadcast can last up to three hours. I don't know how anyone can be bothered watching that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:23 pm

I don't care much for football but I do watch the big games from time to time. Not a fan of all of the breaks in play and running plays. Its basically run into a wall -> run into a wall again -> failed pass -> kick to other team 80% of the time Laughing

Don't even get me started on baseball.. I've never watched a full (or even half) baseball game in my life and I never will Laughing

Basketball should be America's #1 sport :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:56 pm

Basketball also have a huge amount of stoppage time. 48 minutes playing time spread across +2 hours is a shitload
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Too many timeouts in basketball, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Imo WWE should be America's #1 sport.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:04 pm

American Sport's biggest problem is that it's build around commercials and not the other way around. The game is stopped to make room for commercials. It's not organic.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Agreed.

I watched half the game. I was very much hoping for the at best decent team called the Panthers finally get exposed when facing a good team, and noticed they were down at half. This pleased me, so I watched up until Cam pussied out of that fumble, and knew the game was over.

American football is dire though. Basketball is better, but not by much. The NHL is the best of the lot tbh.

Never understood why people like Moal claim modern football is boring but continue to watch the NBA. I guess it's a personal preference, but football will always be superior for me at least.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:38 pm

Art Morte wrote:Too many timeouts in basketball, imo.

Basketball is a lot more physically demanding than footy though, the timeouts are needed. They could probably remove 1 timeout from each team but I don't see anymore than that.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:17 am

LeSwagg James wrote:I don't care much for football but I do watch the big games from time to time. Not a fan of all of the breaks in play and running plays. Its basically run into a wall -> run into a wall again -> failed pass -> kick to other team 80% of the time Laughing

Don't even get me started on baseball.. I've never watched a full (or even half) baseball game in my life and I never will Laughing

Basketball should be America's #1 sport :coffee:

I have to agree that baseball is as boring as golf to watch. Playing though is quite fun. It is boring when your team is batting, however, you pass the time talking to your teammates in the dugout as you wait to go on deck, that is, when the batter before you goes to bat and you exercise swings with a few bats (now they have lead rings that go around a single bat I think) so that when you go up to bat your bat feels real light. Then at bat it is an adrenaline high when you look into the pitcher's eyes wondering if he is going to hit you with 100 MPH pitch. When your team is fielding it is quite exciting and quite fun.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:21 am

CBarca wrote:
Never understood why people like Moal claim modern football is boring but continue to watch the NBA. I guess it's a personal preference, but football will always be superior for me at least.

Simple really, most NBA games to me are entertaining ( except for the free throw fests) because of the way it's constructed almost everyone has talent. This year has been a bit annoying because Golden State is so much better than the rest but it's usually not the case.

In football it's been the same shit for years now and i'm tired of it, not usually the case in the NBA.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:06 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Too many timeouts in basketball, imo.

Basketball is a lot more physically demanding than footy though, the timeouts are needed. They could probably remove 1 timeout from each team but I don't see anymore than that.

Ice hockey is physically very demanding as well, but guess what, they use about 20 players in a game instead of trying to get through with their seven best or so... Cut the timeouts in basketball down to, say, two and use your bench more.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:13 am

I found out many things in this thread, except anything about Super Bowl
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:06 am

Thats because maybe noone is watching or watched super bowl hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 am

Pirloisjesus wrote:Thats because maybe noone is watching or watched super bowl hmm

Or because there already was an NFL thread. Actually it was the top thread when this one was created.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next