Lex
Jay29
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Gil
15 posters

Go down

5 reasons why Samir Nasri isn't suited to the no.10 role Empty 5 reasons why Samir Nasri isn't suited to the no.10 role

Post by Gil Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:40 pm

http://vimeo.com/26545302

Great analysis from Renoog. Basically describes everything I've been saying for ages now.

And yeah it's only one match but watch any of the dozens of games he's played through the middle for Arsenal whenever Cesc is out injured. You'll see the same thing over and over.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

5 reasons why Samir Nasri isn't suited to the no.10 role Empty Re: 5 reasons why Samir Nasri isn't suited to the no.10 role

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:46 pm

hes as creative as a traffic cone
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

5 reasons why Samir Nasri isn't suited to the no.10 role Empty Re: 5 reasons why Samir Nasri isn't suited to the no.10 role

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Iniesta wannabe
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:55 pm

agree 100%

been also saying that for a long time now that he can never replace cesc. He just isnt a playmaker, doesnt have that vision the likes of cesc does, not he fits the role

hes excellent as a wide player who cuts in. Not as your creative hub. Arshavin is better in that role then nasri imo. But ramsey/wilshere will eventually end up there.

Although i really do hope cesc stays with us. He will be VERY hard to replace. 90 assists in 5 seasons. very hard to replace
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 am

Very good video. I'm also someone who has been saying that Nasri isn't very good as an AMC and it annoys me when I see articles saying we should use Nasri there as Cesc's replacement.

To sum up his problems; he's trying to do too much at the same time. He's trying to be the one to orchestrate play, the one to play the final ball, the one to make forward runs and score goals and the one to do something special. Pretty much trying to fulfil three different roles at the same time.

If you ask me, he's best suited as a winger/inside forward, where he'd be able to use his skill to beat players and get into good goalscoring positions and leaving the passing duties to the likes of Wilshere and Fabregas.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:23 am

RG and GonnerJay, what are you doing!? Don't you know this the point where you throw logical debate out the window and start a flame war?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:45 am

The general consensus was exact that! Nasri CAN NOT fill Cesc's boots. It's old news.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:51 am

What's with you always hating on Nasri? Just asking.

Nasri was very creative at marsellie, but he's pretty much a winger/inside forward now.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:59 am

Giggity5313 wrote:What's with you always hating on Nasri? Just asking.

Nasri was very creative at marsellie, but he's pretty much a winger/inside forward now.

lol they want anything to hate on Arsenal.

I'm not saying all Chelsea fans in specific
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:03 am

Giggity5313 wrote:What's with you always hating on Nasri? Just asking.

Giggity, dont you remember how he was playing out wide in Marseille, him on one side and Ribery on another.

Marseille has been running with the 433 for a long time. I dont remember him being a central player.

Is Nasri trying to force his way into the n10 positions? because Wenger is smart enough to recognize it wont work imo.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:04 am

Nasri is no playmaker, I dont understand what his role would be at united

Sneijder would be perfect imo though
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:09 am

Nobody is "hating" on Nasri. Unless pointing out a flaw of a player is classified as hating nowadays.

Marseille has been running with the 433 for a long time. I dont remember him being a central player.

Is Nasri trying to force his way into the n10 positions? because Wenger is smart enough to recognize it wont work imo.

I believe Nasri actually was a central player for Marseille and he himself has stated numerous times it's his best and most natural position.

He wants to play there more often apparently despite having great success as a wide player. Wenger has tried him there more often since last season (last pre-season he played near enough every game there), probably just to try him out.

When the season proper starts though, you'll seldom see Nasri play centrally. The pecking order will be Fabregas then Ramsey, in all likelihood.

I don't know why we don't try Arshavin there more often.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:15 am

vid kinda makes him look like shit lol
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:17 am

I really dont know remember him being a central player, not in the sense that i would call Gourcuff a central player. I do however remember Nasri being this short dribbler that would operate on the wings mainly, move in between channels, in a free role, hence with the liberty to go inside and out as much as he wanted. But never he was that focal and center point of the team that would run the show, which is what he pretends to do, and will find the task a little too big to chew.

assuming that cesc will leave, it's the position he is seeking. I look at how Nasri was asking for cesc wages, and how he wants to now play centrally yo garner more attention, and he looks to me just like a kid seeking more attention and limelight. he wants to be the star of the show, the n10 for france and Arsenal. not sure he would be able to handle it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:21 am

@nick

no, they used to play 4-4-2 back then with niang and some other striker.

But the difference is that, at marsielle he was playing like Kaka played for Brazil at his very best. He wasnt a genuine playmaker, but like kaka was a very advanced midfielder.

At Arsenal, no 10 is a very difficult position to play, its like control the game as a no 10. And we have tried about 10 players there but apart from cesc no one else worked. Ramsey n Wilshere were the only close ones.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:24 am

idk , he MIGHT be able to play as a number 10, but a diff kind.. offer different things from Fabregas, Nasri can play and dribble in the middle , offer the shooting and dribbling Fabregas can't , but lack the passing finesse Fabregas has. I doubt he could play in the middle .
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:24 am

He's garbage when he plays in the middle.

Almost everytime he's started in the middle, he's either been substituted, or shifted back to the flanks.

I don't understand why he's so keen to play the "Cesc role" when he just doesn't have the positional intelligence.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:26 am

His passing is the first thing that will be stretched. his vision and quickness of execution
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:26 am

Hopefully Ramsey re-establishes himself next season. He can cover for both Wilshere and Fabregas, and is more similar to Fabregas to any other player currently at Arsenal.

It also helps that Ramsey plays this role for Wales now and is already the centre of attention for them, being their new captain and all.

Basically, Ramsey is our future no. 10, not Nasri.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza_Barca Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:31 am

Can be a fun player to watch but he aint going to be a ballon d'or winner. He was talking about being a couple of weeks ago. He can't carry a team.

Forza_Barca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 am

It's why Ramsey is prefered in Fabregas' abscence rather than Samir.

Even Wilshere :coffee:

But yeah, he's a good wide player. Best on the right flank where he can cut in and shoot.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 am

I Completely agree with the video. This is why I was not too happy when we were linked with him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:22 pm

He's still one hell of a good inside forward/winger
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down