Kaladin
RealGunner
VivaStPauli
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
50 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:30

Firenze wrote:rofl this female politician on sky news who was pro leave the EU giving a big spiel on how she was talking to the lads on the council estate (her words) and how she spoke to ppl who never really felt like voting before but feel engaged with this so they were voting to leave and how it's great that we're taking back control confidently, then as soon as the issue of economic impact is broached and the pound tanking overnight she's fumbling and stuttering and speaking gibberish rofl basically sums the entire thing up perfectly

That's pretty much it. This vote was a disguise vote for anti-immigration. Ask those guys what else they are angry about being in the EU and you won't get a coherent sentence. Why do you think Farage was leading this lol?

They still don't realise that Chinese/Africans/ South Asians are still going to be around.

Last edited by RealGunner on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:33; edited 1 time in total

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:31

RealGunner wrote:student visas are still going to be available. Specially for non EU residence which i am assuming ur mate is and so is ES
UK will not be part of the Erasmus programme anymore though, so there will be no more scholarships and things will be a bit more difficult in general (red-tape wise etc).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:33

Racists gonna racist

Still don't want to be governed by Brussels who I can't vote out

Cameron failed us, EU negotiations were shit. We operate at a trade deficit in our favour with the EU. Eurozone is collapsing and mass unemployment is everywhere.

We didn't even want the Euro, and thank GOD we never listened to the 'experts'

Plenty of reasons, but as we've covered Racists are obviously gonna attach themselves to this.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:33

rwo power wrote:
RealGunner wrote:student visas are still going to be available. Specially for non EU residence which i am assuming ur mate is and so is ES
UK will not be part of the Erasmus programme anymore though, so there will be no more scholarships and things will be a bit more difficult in general (red-tape wise etc).

I don't know what her study abroad situation looks like. Will probably call her tomorrow. Hope you guys don't mind if I PM you lads with some questions.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:35

rwo power wrote:

They will rename it. Highly doubt Unis will get rid of that. It will be difficult for european students tho
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:36

@CBarca
For the Erasmus programme, you might want to take a look here: http://www.erasmusprogramme.com/

Oh, and Norther Ireland are not amused either now:
BREAKING: Sinn Fein says "British government has forfeited any mandate to represent economic or political interests of people in N Ireland"
https://twitter.com/MarcMallett_UTV/status/746191490628485120
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:37

RealGunner wrote:They will rename it. Highly doubt Unis will get rid of that. It will be difficult for european students tho
It was already scrapped for Switzerland after Switzerland decided they want to curb free movement. So I doubt that the UK will get special treatment.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:38

rUK is *bleeping* useless. We voted to stay with you guys under the assumption that we would stick together in both unions, now Little Englanders and lolWales have dragged us out of one of them. Talking about the Welsh, I can't believe its going to be *bleeping* them that have helped do us in to this extent.

Those *bleeping* fog eyed c****s. The EU was POURING money into their *bleeping* gullets. I wish a dragon actually DID occupy their *bleeping* land and torched it, because they're useless.

*Bleeping* Labour has already been blaming the SNP and Scotland for this, saying that we could have prevented it, someone needs to tell those buffoons how outnumbered we are by the *bleeping* English. We did our part, every single region in Scotland voted to remain, even the super eurosceptic one's like Dumfries ffs, Corbyn and his crew of planks cannot blame us for this mess.

I'm done with the UK now, during the Indyref I voted to stay in  even though my heart was telling me to vote leave, and now I'm regretting not listening. Sturgeon should just announce a unilateral declaration of independence because us leaving is just a formality at this point, no reason to drag it out.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my rant(except the Welsh, they can *bleep* off), but this shit is infuriating. Direct Democracy is an absolutely terrible idea when the voterbase is ignorant on the matter its voting on. There should never have been a referendum in the first place, Cameron is *bleeping* idiot for going through with it. With all the promises he's broken why did he not break this promise too? *bleeping* idiot.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:46

rwo power wrote:@CBarca
For the Erasmus programme, you might want to take a look here: http://www.erasmusprogramme.com/

Oh, and Norther Ireland are not amused either now:
BREAKING: Sinn Fein says "British government has forfeited any mandate to represent economic or political interests of people in N Ireland"
https://twitter.com/MarcMallett_UTV/status/746191490628485120

Can't find anything regarding erasmus on her university's site, so I don't think they work through this program. I shouldn't bother tbh, anything that she needs to know will be provided to her by her university I'm sure.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:47

Don't want Cameron anywhere near these next negotiations, that useless pleb got schooled by the EU not months ago.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:47

@CB there's probably a 2 year process before we're ACTUALLY out of the EU. Especially on a University timeline, nothing's changing. Your friend will be long gone i'm assuming.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:50

Jonathan28 wrote:rUK is *bleeping* useless. We voted to stay with you guys under the assumption that we would stick together in both unions, now Little Englanders and lolWales have dragged us out of one of them. Talking about the Welsh, I can't believe its going to be *bleeping* them that have helped do us in to this extent.

Those *bleeping* fog eyed c****s. The EU was POURING money into their *bleeping* gullets. I wish a dragon actually DID occupy their *bleeping* land and torched it, because they're useless.

*Bleeping* Labour has already been blaming the SNP and Scotland for this, saying that we could have prevented it, someone needs to tell those buffoons how outnumbered we are by the *bleeping* English. We did our part, every single region in Scotland voted to remain, even the super eurosceptic one's like Dumfries ffs, Corbyn and his crew of planks cannot blame us for this mess.

I'm done with the UK now, during the Indyref I voted to stay in  even though my heart was telling me to vote leave, and now I'm regretting not listening. Sturgeon should just announce a unilateral declaration of independence because us leaving is just a formality at this point, no reason to drag it out.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my rant(except the Welsh, they can *bleep* off), but this shit is infuriating. Direct Democracy is an absolutely terrible idea when the voterbase is ignorant on the matter its voting on. There should never have been a referendum in the first place, Cameron is *bleeping* idiot for going through with it. With all the promises he's broken why did he not break this promise too? *bleeping* idiot.

I am sorry mate. Maybe this will turn out better for you. Don't worry there will be a Scottish referendum soon followed by an Ireland referendum.

Truly is an end of the UK
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:50

Actually the 2 year clock is after an article gets triggered to start this process.

Hell your friend could probably restart and finish Uni before we're out.

Guy saying now we might wait until a potential French and German referendum happens before we start the 2 year clock
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:50

Thumbs up
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:51

Can people tell me why immigration has become a big basis for people wanting Britain to leave EU? I am just curious because i have no idea.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:52

is a shame that the United Kingdom will cease to exist Mel Gibson in Braveheart shedding a tear of joy somewhere
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:54

Immigration is an issue for racists

UNCONTROLLED immigration is the real issue. Living in an area that's badly hit by this the basics are, unskilled EU citizens come here to compete for the absolute bottom tier manual labour jobs and some to claim benefits.

If you're an EU citizen you are almost guaranteed to be let in to this country. Hell even if you have a criminal record you get in as long as you're not deemed an active threat.

Too many unskilled workers coming in, when there's no need. Supply >>>>> demand. Not good for most of the country I.E the ones living outside of London

Everybody jokes about it like it's not real but in reality there's plenty of people who have no qualifications and skills who grew up working bottom tier jobs you can barely get a wage now because they're competing in Foreign agencies against foreign workers to try and secure jobs. And they can't.

They're disillusioned.

Last edited by Tomwin Lannister on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:55; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:55

I doubt there will be a referendum in Germany as people are wary of referendums - after all, Hitler managed to seal his power base by setting up 4 referendums before WWII.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:56

I highly doubt Germany will shy away from a referendum because of what Hitler done.

As long as there is enough euro-skeptics obviously.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:57

Gotta laugh at Cameron rofl rofl

If EU exit fails, he was the lad you gave us this referendum.

Even if it doesn't fail, he completely divided Britain.

Pleb, bye bye.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:01

Well, so far our media are not pushing for Germany to leave the EU as the Murdoch controlled media did in the UK, so the public opinion isn't poisoned so much by corporate interests.

I think I read a nice quote by some Anthony Hilton that said
"I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.'"
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:01

What happens now that Britain has voted for Brexit

Britain has voted for Brexit. What happens now? Nothing immediate, is the answer for EU nationals living in Britain and Britons living elsewhere in the EU, as well as for businesses on both sides of the Channel. It will all depend on negotiations that could take years—and no one is sure quite how many years, because the only precedent is Greenland, with a population today of around 50,000, which voted to leave in 1982. The first aim of David Cameron, the prime minister, will be to calm the markets. In Asia they have already responded to the news. The pound plunged by 9% against the dollar and as much as 13% against the yen, traditionally a bolthole for anxious investors. Japan’s main stockmarket tumbled by almost 8%. London’s stockmarket opens at 8am, and the FTSE 100 is likely to dive. Some experts warn that sterling could fall by as much as 20% overall. The chancellor of the exchequer, George Osborne, must now decide whether to issue an emergency “Brexit budget” as he controversially promised before the poll.

Mr Cameron has promised that Britain would immediately invoke article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, which sets a two-year timetable to agree the terms of departure. But uncertainty about his own position could raise questions about this. If he steps down and a Brexiteer takes over as leader of the Tory party and as prime minister, he or she is likely to argue that Article 50 is biased against the interests of a country leaving the EU. Under Article 50, the terms of Britain’s departure would be agreed by the other 27 EU countries, without a British vote. So Brexiteers would prefer to negotiate informally, without invoking Article 50. The other 27 countries are unlikely to go for this.

The kind of deal offered is a longer-term question, with neither main option very palatable. The first is to become like Norway, which is a member of the European Economic Area (EEA), in return for which it is required to contribute to the EU’s budget and allow the free movement of people. The second is to opt out entirely, trading with the EU under the rules of the World Trade Organisation like America, China or any other country. Most economists agree that this would do more damage to the British economy.

It will be hard for Mr Cameron himself to continue, though he may decide to remain prime minister over the summer in order to smooth the transition to a new Tory leader. The candidates for that post will be revving up their engines: Boris Johnson, a former mayor of London, triumphant from the Leave victory; the chancellor, George Osborne, perhaps too wounded by his attachment to the Remain side; and compromise candidates such as Theresa May, the home secretary, who made herself scarce during the campaign. The next leader will have to deal with a deeply divided party and with a Parliament whose MPs mostly supported Remain, and some of whom may want to block approval of full economic secession. Mr Cameron hoped his referendum would settle the question of Europe within the Conservative Party once and for all. It has done the opposite, and the storm is only just beginning.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2016/06/economist-explains-23?fsrc=gp_en?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/whathappensnowthatbritainhasvotedforbrexit

should sum it up for those who are interested
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:02

Everyone online seems too sad for banter

Kinda disappointed. As someone who likely won't feel this even a bit being in the US, I was hoping at least for tons of banter to come out of this, and all I'm getting is a lot of rage and sadness. Other than main man tom of course Proud congrats
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:05

Proud being the lone soldier suits me. I fought for my cause ffs Molenation

In all seriousness though you'll see plenty of celebration in certain areas but in a campaign that was based around telling the population how shit and needy we are there's a lot of terrified people out there right now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:05

RealGunner wrote:I am sorry mate. Maybe this will turn out better for you. Don't worry there will be a Scottish referendum soon followed by an Ireland referendum.

Truly is an end of the UK

Choosing to stay in the UK the first probably worked out well for us in the long run, Sturgeon is a better leader than Salmond and she'll see us through no doubt, all we need is a date for voting and it's done.

Also, anyone else find it funny how the places with the least amount of immigration or exposure to migrants had the highest percentage of leave votes? Like seriously WTF?
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:05

Wait, so Britain's options economically are to adopt a trade stance with the EU which is essentially what they already had, or adopt trading under the WTO which is not likely to be beneficial to the UK?

...er what
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next