Kaladin
RealGunner
VivaStPauli
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
50 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:05 am

Wait, so Britain's options economically are to adopt a trade stance with the EU which is essentially what they already had, or adopt trading under the WTO which is not likely to be beneficial to the UK?

...er what

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:06 am

S wrote:Can people tell me why immigration has become a big basis for people wanting Britain to leave EU? I am just curious because i have no idea.

Imagine you are living on little money provided by the government so you can find an actual job but you can't because you are uneducated and spend most of your money on Alcohol and shit.

Your neighbour is a foreigner who works in a factory and earns more. He can afford most of the stuff you can't. Then you see 5-10 of those types of foreigners in your area. They have now opened shops and stuff because of the money they earned. While you still can't be bothered improving your own life

you start feeling contempt against them. Why are they living so happily and you aren't? you feel like they are stealing your job and your money because this is your country and it should be 'your right' to it and not theirs.

That is the immigration problem we have in poor areas of England.

But this is different to uncontrolled immigration which Tom mentioned.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:07 am

Well pretty much all of my surrounding areas massively voted Leave and it's covered in Eastern European dominated workplaces.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:09 am

CBarca wrote:Wait, so Britain's options economically are to adopt a trade stance with the EU which is essentially what they already had, or adopt trading under the WTO which is not likely to be beneficial to the UK?

...er what

There's the other option, I.E the EU don't act like retards in favour of economic benefits and we renegotiate a deal favourable enough for both parties.

We'll probably end up paying a smaller fee and getting slightly less favourable access to the EU market without their insane immigration stance and other rules.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:12 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:There's the other option, I.E the EU don't act like retards in favour of economic benefits and we renegotiate a deal favourable enough for both parties.
You forget that all 27 remaining countries have to agree on this. Do you really think that Poland and Romania wouldn't love to show you the finger via a veto as they are always cited as the evil against the UK has to protect themselves?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:14 am

They can do what they want, i'm sure the rest of the EU will be absolutely loving EU membership when Romania get in the way of solid trade deals that will help them.

That statement right there just makes me dislike the EU even more. Petty Vetos can get in the way of progress. Thank God we're out of a group like that.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 am

Oh please... As if the vetos the UK put in haven't been utterly damaging, too...

And considering the lies about the EU and thus the countries within (especially Germany and France) that were spread during the Brexit campaigns, the UK shouldn't be surprised when the other countries are not overly enthusiastic to humour them anymore.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:21 am

I mean, to them the UK is being extremely petty by leaving, I'm sure. Two sides to every coin and all that.

Anyway, I have no clue what's legitimately going on in Britain besides what little I hear from the people I personally know over there and from you lot, so I'm not going to make any further comments on the matter.

Good luck though. This is an amazing pre-Clinton vs Trump warm up. Hoping that things go badly in Britain for a little bit personally so that liberals can use brexit and UKIP for our own personal gains. Not that Clinton is a gain considering she's evil incarnate but, hey. She's not Trump.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:22 am

Well I don't need to debate any more, especially now that I've made my case and my side came out on top. Any debates now are absolute nonsense founded on blind guesswork. You think Europe are almighty and are going to tell us to piss off, I think profits and business will prevail in the long term. Time will tell.

Have a good one people.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:26 am

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 14 F390097f4961e005f712165908af04c2

hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:35 am

Was gonna leave but I can't after seeing this Laughing

Figures are BS, hell tune in to BBC now to listen to a staunch pro-EU supporter tell you the figures are all speculative and based on 'economic models'

AKA trying to read the future using a shitty algorithm. Don't pay attention to these guess figures.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:34 am

Well stuck a tenner on brexit when the odds were 8/1 so my post brexit finances are doing ok lol
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:37 am

Everyone's flabbergasted right now, but I reckon the transition will go fairly smoothly.

But the big, huge thing here is that this really was an immigration vote, like someone said here before. That's what I believe, anyway. All that talk about economy and finances and trade deals and other agreements... I don't think that the majority voted because of them. Especially those who voted 'leave', I believe the clear number one reason for their vote was related to immigration. That's what people see in their daily lives. All that other stuff about payments to the EU and trade deals etc... that's something obscure that people don't experience first-hand.

Furthermore, I find it sad that I've read practically nothing about the real nature of this vote, the immigration issue. It really is political correctness gone mad, imo. The percentage of native people in European countries has been falling a lot and keeps falling. And we are seeing a backlash. This vote in Brexit's favour perhaps the biggest seen so far. Yet our public debate hardly touches this issue, because of political correctness. It's like asking the following question and debating about it is racist, discriminating and wrong in all ways: Are nations happier when they're among their "own people" instead of mixing with immigrants? Yet that right there has become one of the biggest issues in Europe and probably USA, too. But it seems forbidden to publicly talk about it. Madness. It would be hugely interesting to come back from the dead in a hundred years' time to see how time has painted this period in Europe's history.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:44 am

Yeah putting the ACTUAL racists aside, discussing immigration is always met with cries of 'RACIST!'

People out there will literally call you a racist if you tell them we can't take in every single refugee out there.

YOU'RE NOT WORKING TO FEED A REFUGEE FAMILY INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN? GOD DAMN RACIST!

It literally is that hyperbolic. I respect people who actually talk about those issues because you have to tip toe around political correctness so much that you can't even get your point across.

It's not racist to suggest the tiny Island of Britain can't sustain hundreds of thousands of migrants coming in consistently. It's a fact.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:49 am

The UK is no longer a priority for the EU...  they have become a second tier concern as the priority relationships are:
-  EU countries
-  United States
-  China
-  Middle East and Russia (natural resource dependency)
-  AND THEN UK, etc.

So in terms of negotiating, the UK has very diminished leverage.  I expect Europe to try and cut the rope as quickly as possible, while still rationally.  

This is an awful day in the short term for the UK and the rest of the world tbh.  In terms of influence though, UK has taken a mortal blow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:53 am

RealGunner wrote:
S wrote:Can people tell  me why immigration has become a big basis for people wanting Britain to leave EU? I am just curious because i have no idea.

Imagine you are living on little money provided by the government so you can find an actual job but you can't because you are uneducated and spend most of your money on Alcohol and shit.

Your neighbour is a foreigner who works in a factory and earns more. He can afford most of the stuff you can't. Then you see 5-10 of those types of foreigners in your area. They have now opened shops and stuff because of the money they earned. While you still can't be bothered improving your own life

you start feeling contempt against them. Why are they living so happily and you aren't? you feel like they are stealing your job and your money because this is your country and it should be 'your right' to it and not theirs.

yeah it's got nothing to do with schools being over crowded or a housing shortage has it. I mean people don't care about the nhs being run into the ground because it can't cope with the overload. No people are only worried about imagration because some polish dude owns a shop. What a load of bollox mate.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:00 am

Those are valid concerns, RG is talking about the legit scumbags who attached themselves to this.

But yes immigration when unchecked is terrible. Immigration when done correctly, has so many benefits and is great for the economy.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:17 am

Unique wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
S wrote:Can people tell  me why immigration has become a big basis for people wanting Britain to leave EU? I am just curious because i have no idea.

yeah it's got nothing to do with schools being over crowded or a housing shortage has it. I mean people don't care about the nhs being run into the ground because it can't cope with the overload. No people are only worried about imagration because some polish dude owns a shop. What a load of bollox mate.

Are you offended because he described you?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:41 am

Cameron has resigned.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:42 am

Great news. This is what Britain needed. This is what the world needs. And it's not over yet.

The key piece of the puzzle will be set in place in November. There is no stopping him. Smile

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:55 am

All the danish politicians are sad and shocked about Brexit. Not that I care about their opinion or this country but can someone quick tell me the good & bad things about Brexit?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:21 am

@LeVersacci
Best is you read through this thread from the beginning. Tomwin's posts are about the good things, while I listed the possible problems in mine.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:35 am

sportsczy wrote:The UK is no longer a priority for the EU...  they have become a second tier concern as the priority relationships are:
-  EU countries
-  United States
-  China
-  Middle East and Russia (natural resource dependency)
-  AND THEN UK, etc.

So in terms of negotiating, the UK has very diminished leverage.  I expect Europe to try and cut the rope as quickly as possible, while still rationally.  

This is an awful day in the short term for the UK and the rest of the world tbh.  In terms of influence though, UK has taken a mortal blow.

USD2.9 trillion reported losses on Reuters.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:37 am

M99 wrote:Cameron has resigned.

it's said that he'll resign by October.

UK are in a big mess tbh especially since there are very few options for controlling the economy since the interest rates are already near 0. not much to do.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 am

Make the UK great again... by completely breaking it up Laughing Scotland and Northern Ireland both favour staying.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 am

RealGunner wrote:No idea where Basildon is but it sounds like a made up name

This is where I live rofl

Thurrock

It's like someone drunk is trying to say THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO VOTE LEAVEEEE

About 20 mins away from where I live and a shithole rofl

So anyway, I woke up and found the pound coins in my wallet have disintegrated. Was supposed to be doing grocery shopping today but now worried a tin of smart-price beans is going to cost me £30.

But it's okay because when I'm on my farm in Cornwall I can grow my own beans. Thumbs up

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next