Kaladin
RealGunner
VivaStPauli
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
50 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Google reported that there was a sharp increase in the number of "what happens if UK leaves EU" searches Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Shows you how incompetent our politicians are that they couldn't explain the consequences to the voters. the whole debate has just been a slagging match.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:31 pm

I really love the comment sections in the UK media. Now that Juncker said he wants Britain out of the EU ASAP, the people froth at the mouth writing "What does he dare tell us to leave!" XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:33 pm

DagenhamDave wrote:Shows you how incompetent our politicians are that they couldn't explain the consequences to the voters. the whole debate has just been a slagging match.
There were ample media outlets and experts lining out what would likely happen, but the Brexit camp's reactions and arguments were "Lies!" "More Lies!" "Scaremongering!" "Threats!" "Project Fear!" and "Don't trust the experts!"

Last edited by rwo power on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Very unfair. Many financial experts have also come out and said the pound will be fine, it'll rise back up in such quick succession that we will most likely never even see any change. But the defeatists of this country want to ignore it in favour of listening to Irene on Facebook cry about how getting fingered in Ibiza will be more expensive next year
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:36 pm

And let's not forget the innies using a politician's assassination to further their political agenda
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Well, the problem is that it appeared to me that many people seemed not to have been willing to even read or listen to the majority of expert warnings as they were immediately shot down as lies by the Brexit camp. Maybe it would have been a bit more clever to read up on all points of view and then trying to come to an informed opinion.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:43 pm

There were plenty of experts who predicted the pound would drop significantly whichever way we voted. They also said it would be a "shock drop" and that it will rise again in a matter of months, if not weeks. But again, no-one wants to quote this because then it wouldn't fit the doom and gloom pattern being carved out
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:48 pm

well ww3 hasn't happened as of yet and camerons statement that we should reform Europe by staying in was shot down by Juncker. personally the financial implications do not bother me, where I live it cant possibly get worse, perhaps it was wise not to trust the experts as they all said the remain camp would be victorious albeit very close. besides with the inevitable bailout of Greece and possibly Portugal, italy we may have been in a worse position this time next year if we were to stay.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Well, they say trade agreements are easily negotiated, too - but they obviously didn't look at the already existing examples like

- EU-Switzerland (AFAIK it took 15 years for them to get a trade agreement with the EU, plus they got a really bad deal when they negotiated with China because China is a big economy and Switzerland is a smaller one) or

- EU-Greenland (took around 3 years after they left the EU - and they only have 50000 people living there and only one industry (Fish) to take care of, or

- EU-Canada (took 7 years to negotiate and it is still not yet ratified).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:56 pm

I hope all the idiots that voted Leave are happy with the state of things now and going forward. Absolute idiots. Probably the end of the UK as we know it. The "working class" people that voted for this because they felt disenfranchised by the "elite" have just swapped one elite for another. Your hero Farage is already negging his "promises"(he did it before anyone even woke up). How beautiful, right? Wrong.

*bleep* inbreds.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:57 pm

This is why democracy is overrated. It ends up also giving idiots a voice. I
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Reddit is predicting the collapse of the UK and eventually the EU. I think that's plausible sadly
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:I hope all the idiots that voted Leave are happy with the state of things now and going forward. Absolute idiots. Probably the end of the UK as we know it. The "working class" people that voted for this because they felt disenfranchised by the "elite" have just swapped one elite for another. Your hero Farage is already negging his "promises"(he did it before anyone even woke up). How beautiful, right? Wrong.

*bleep* inbreds.
And the IN wombles are still sitting around, scratching their bollocks, wondering just how in the world they could have lost with such a classy mentality on their side
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:01 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, they say trade agreements are easily negotiated, too - but they obviously didn't look at the already existing examples like

- EU-Switzerland (AFAIK it took 15 years for them to get a trade agreement with the EU, plus they got a really bad deal when they negotiated with China because China is a big economy and Switzerland is a smaller one) or

- EU-Greenland (took around 3 years after they left the EU - and they only have 50000 people living there and only one industry (Fish) to take care of, or

- EU-Canada (took 7 years to negotiate and it is still not yet ratified).
I would say, in terms of economy and trading, Great Britain is a bigger player on the field than any of those countries. Let's not forget, our economy is pretty strong. Doubt there wouldn't be a long queue of countries looking to get in on that moolah
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:06 pm

no one said it would be easy, it will take a lot of hard work and time to secure the best deals for Britain but freedom is more important to us than comfort. we don't want to be part of a political system where we are the most vetoed nation, even when Cameron went to the EU with his cap in his hand to get a better deal he came back with next to nothing.

I feel that a lot of Europeans are taking this very personally. look I love Europe I go there atleast 4 times a year I don't care that il have to wait longer in immigration or I wont get as much for my pound, I just want our laws to be made by Westminster not Brussels.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Lex wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:I hope all the idiots that voted Leave are happy with the state of things now and going forward. Absolute idiots. Probably the end of the UK as we know it. The "working class" people that voted for this because they felt disenfranchised by the "elite" have just swapped one elite for another. Your hero Farage is already negging his "promises"(he did it before anyone even woke up). How beautiful, right? Wrong.

*bleep* inbreds.
And the IN wombles are still sitting around, scratching their bollocks, wondering just how in the world they could have lost with such a classy mentality on their side
Really not in the mood for any sort of goading fam.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Might as well have Trump win the US election in November. Then I'll know it's time to burn my passports. Just shoot me.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Then don't call me and 52% of the country inbred or idiots, fam. You lost. Deal with it with some grace.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Lex wrote:I would say, in terms of economy and trading, Great Britain is a bigger player on the field than any of those countries. Let's not forget, our economy is pretty strong. Doubt there wouldn't be a long queue of countries looking to get in on that moolah
You forget that in most bilateral trade agreements the services section is explicitly taken out as this is an area that is usually hotly contested. Considering that the UK's GDP is 20% from manufacturing and 80% of services, this already takes out 4/5th of what you could offer.

Additionally the majority of the services part of the UK GDP consists of financial services that are located in the City of London and which need bank passports to be able to trade within the EU. France already announced they would veto bank passports for the UK (they have a vested interest in this as they hope for the majority of foreign banks in London to relocate to Paris), so you will also lose part of the income from the financial sector, putting even more stress on your economy.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:22 pm

Lex wrote:Very unfair. Many financial experts have also come out and said the pound will be fine, it'll rise back up in such quick succession that we will most likely never even see any change. But the defeatists of this country want to ignore it in favour of listening to Irene on Facebook cry about how getting fingered in Ibiza will be more expensive next year

Who? Most experts think the pound will take a hit. Simply think about all the foreign firms that will be taking out their money to new European headquarters. That's a lot of capital outflow, which depreciates the pound.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:28 pm

What we really should be talking about is who is going to leave the EU next?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Art Morte wrote:What we really should be talking about is who is going to leave the EU next?
I think this will depend on how hard the crash of the UK will be. And you can imagine that TPTB will make sure it will be as hard a landing as they can make it to deter other countries from leaving.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:38 pm

zizzle wrote:Reddit is predicting the collapse of the UK and eventually the EU. I think that's plausible sadly

Reddit likes to overreact, this won't happen, of course...however there was a reason the EU was created and it wasn't just to screw over Britain with uncontrolled immigration. This is a continent that has been warring since the beginning of time, and the EU has offered stability.

Now if other countries were to decide to leave, that in combination with a Russia that is growing ever more aggressive actually does worry me. But we'll have to wait and see. It might be best for Europe to not offer incentives for others to leave by giving England a very tough time.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Lex wrote:And let's not forget the innies using a politician's assassination to further their political agenda

ah whatever, not even worth reading your stuff or even responding to you after that post Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:51 pm

the people that were on the side of leaving talked about how it will be good for schooling. housing and health care. the people that were on the side of staying were always talking about how it will be bad for business. tells you all you need to know really
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next