Kaladin
RealGunner
VivaStPauli
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
50 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Art Morte Fri 24 Jun 2016, 20:03

Boris as the British PM and Trump as America's president would surely be a sign of something divine. No way such personalities and hairstyles reigning together could be a coincidence.

Jesus has two dads and looks like Robbie Savage, you heard it here first.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 19 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 24 Jun 2016, 20:10

Firenze wrote:Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 19 8907a4b56f154ab389d16ba2c8760bad

banter

That tiny handed cheeto faced ferret wearing shitgibbon is an utter embarrassment to the US. Good God, 2016 has been a terrible year.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 24 Jun 2016, 20:10

Art Morte wrote:Boris as the British PM and Trump as America's president would surely be a sign of something divine. No way such personalities and hairstyles reigning together could be a coincidence.

Jesus has two dads and looks like Robbie Savage, you heard it here first.

rofl rofl rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 24 Jun 2016, 20:23

As long as he doesn't talk like Robbie Savage it's all good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri 24 Jun 2016, 20:45

Blue Barrett wrote:
Lex wrote:Then don't call me and 52% of the country inbred or idiots, fam. You lost. Deal with it with some grace.

If you take it too personal, that's your bloody problem. It doesn't take a scientist to realise how dumb a decision this is.

And what? You think the EU are just going to bend over and let the UK get whatever favorable trade deals they want? They're going to go out of their way to make it as hard as possible for us. They'll use us as a "scaptegoat" for any other country thinking of leaving the EU. AT THE VERY BEST, we'll get deals that bring us right back to where we were before the referendum, at which point, what would then have been the point of crashing the economy and tanking our currency to a 31 year low? Hell, they can even decide to be petty and add conditions of us accepting x number of immigrants as part of any deal. So then what would the point have been?

Throw in the inevitable breakaway of Scotland(who voted to remain in the UK BECAUSE they wanted to remain in the EU, in case you've forgotten) and possibly Northern Ireland and this whole talk of "we have the 5th largest economy in the world, we'll bounce back" goes straight out the window. Say hello to England & Wales.

What an absolutely brilliant move. Congratulations.

Need more proof that idiots voted leave? Take a look at the huge outcry from the uneducated/misinformed/ignorant/deceived bunch who are regretting their leave votes.

Again, if you take it personal, that's your bloody business. You're not obligated to goad me into anything because of that.

When you call me and 52% of the electorate majourity inbreds and idiots, then yes, I do take it personally

If the EU decides to use us as an example to other countries that are thinking of leaving, then it'll prove what everyone's been saying about them for years to be true, that they're an elitist bunch of dictators who want to rule with an iron fist and don't want to listen to anything but their own voices, making our decision to leave that much more correct. In terms of striking deals, Australia seems do be doing alright, as well as the U.S. and Japan and pretty much any other country outside of the EU. Again, if Juncker wants to make life difficult for us, that shows what a petty little shit he is and proves we were better off out than in, hopefully causing more countries to follow suit

If you want to say I'm wrong, fine. But don't insult my and other's character and intelligence by hurling abuse because you didn't get your way. If you don't want to be "goaded", don't make such shambolic generalisations
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 24 Jun 2016, 20:48

Lex wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Lex wrote:Then don't call me and 52% of the country inbred or idiots, fam. You lost. Deal with it with some grace.

If you take it too personal, that's your bloody problem. It doesn't take a scientist to realise how dumb a decision this is.

And what? You think the EU are just going to bend over and let the UK get whatever favorable trade deals they want? They're going to go out of their way to make it as hard as possible for us. They'll use us as a "scaptegoat" for any other country thinking of leaving the EU. AT THE VERY BEST, we'll get deals that bring us right back to where we were before the referendum, at which point, what would then have been the point of crashing the economy and tanking our currency to a 31 year low? Hell, they can even decide to be petty and add conditions of us accepting x number of immigrants as part of any deal. So then what would the point have been?

Throw in the inevitable breakaway of Scotland(who voted to remain in the UK BECAUSE they wanted to remain in the EU, in case you've forgotten) and possibly Northern Ireland and this whole talk of "we have the 5th largest economy in the world, we'll bounce back" goes straight out the window. Say hello to England & Wales.

What an absolutely brilliant move. Congratulations.

Need more proof that idiots voted leave? Take a look at the huge outcry from the uneducated/misinformed/ignorant/deceived bunch who are regretting their leave votes.

Again, if you take it personal, that's your bloody business. You're not obligated to goad me into anything because of that.

When you call me and 52% of the electorate majourity inbreds and idiots, then yes, I do take it personally

If the EU decides to use us as an example to other countries that are thinking of leaving, then it'll prove what everyone's been saying about them for years to be true, that they're an elitist bunch of dictators who want to rule with an iron fist and don't want to listen to anything but their own voices, making our decision to leave that much more correct. In terms of striking deals, Australia seems do be doing alright, as well as the U.S. and Japan and pretty much any other country outside of the EU. Again, if Juncker wants to make life difficult for us, that shows what a petty little shit he is and proves we were better off out than in, hopefully causing more countries to follow suit

If you want to say I'm wrong, fine. But don't insult my and other's character and intelligence by hurling abuse because you didn't get your way. If you don't want to be "goaded", don't make such shambolic generalisations
he could also up sticks and move to Germany. He would be back in the EU in no time
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:05

16 hours one and I'm still raging, dragged out of the EU by Little Englanders and lolWales. I saw that plea from the Cornwall Council earlier trying to get assurances from Westminster that they will continue to get the £60 million they currently receive from the EU, then I looked up the results from Cornwall and saw that they have voted to leave and started howling with laughter, *bleeping* idiots shot themselves in the foot.

So many people voted to leave whilst being completely ignorant of the situation and the consequences of doing so. It's one thing to want to "stick it to the man", that's something we can all sympathise with, but it's best to avoid *bleeping* yourself over in the process, which is exactly what Cornwall and Wales did to themselves last night.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:13

Jonathan28 wrote:16 hours one and I'm still raging, dragged out of the EU by Little Englanders and lolWales. I saw that plea from the Cornwall Council earlier trying to get assurances from Westminster that they will continue to get the £60 million they currently receive from the EU, then I looked up the results from Cornwall and saw that they have voted to leave and started howling with laughter, *bleeping* idiots shot themselves in the foot.

So many people voted to leave whilst being completely ignorant of the situation and the consequences of doing so. It's one thing to want to "stick it to the man", that's something we can all sympathise with, but it's best to avoid *bleeping* yourself over in the process, which is exactly what Cornwall and Wales did to themselves last night.
you didn't think anyone other than the English run GB did you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:16

This won't gain any traction but there's a campaign on twitter right now for an Independent London Laughing

There's also this:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Which I've actually signed, for all the good it would do, because a 4% difference in the results feels way too small to justify such a momentous decision.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:17

:: Estonia
The foreign minister says a UK exit is likely to take several years, and determining the future relationship will take even longer.

oh no. how will Britain survive without Estonia rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:19

Lex wrote:If the EU decides to use us as an example to other countries that are thinking of leaving, then it'll prove what everyone's been saying about them for years to be true, that they're an elitist bunch of dictators who want to rule with an iron fist and don't want to listen to anything but their own voices, making our decision to leave that much more correct.

Let's see... If there is a country that said "I want out but I want all deals better than before", why on earth should the EU in anyway humour this country, especially if it has been badmouthing the EU for a long time before? THe UK only gets what they asked for.

Lex wrote:In terms of striking deals, Australia seems do be doing alright, as well as the U.S. and Japan and pretty much any other country outside of the EU. Again, if Juncker wants to make life difficult for us, that shows what a petty little shit he is and proves we were better off out than in, hopefully causing more countries to follow suit
Somewhere I read an interesting comment by a US ambassador who stated that it was a new thing for the US to have trade agreement take such a long time to negotiate as with the EU. Normally the US gave the countries that want to deal with them a list of the things they demand and want it signed right away. With the EU they have for the first time a trade partner they can't simply dictate terms to.

And you expect that the US would humour the UK with a nice and UK friendly trade agreement?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:20

Unique wrote:oh no. how will Britain survive without Estonia rofl rofl
Estonia is a part of the EU. And you probably forget that any deal the UK wants to get out of the EU on their departure has to be sanctioned by all 27 of them?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:25

rwo power wrote:
Unique wrote:oh no. how will Britain survive without Estonia rofl rofl
Estonia is a part of the EU. And you probably forget that any deal the UK wants to get out of the EU on their departure has to be sanctioned by all 27 of them?
yeah and I bet they are pissed right off that they have just lost a big fat cash cow.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:26

That's why it's not a good idea to invoke Article 50 straight away
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:33

Firenze wrote:from the united kingdom to england and wales with boris johnson as the PM

future looking bright if you ask me

at least until  unqualified people realize that they aren't suddenly going to have an abundance of new job options and that they still have to wait years to get a comfy council house

I thought you couldn't be bothered with the referendum hmm

Should have voted if you're seemingly 100% pro EU.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:33

No need to rush this. Stability is key. Sort out the in house fighting, find a new leader then begin informal talks with Europe before triggering the article.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:34

rwo power wrote:Let's see... If there is a country that said "I want out but I want all deals better than before", why on earth should the EU in anyway humour this country, especially if it has been badmouthing the EU for a long time before? THe UK only gets what they asked for

Because, as I've stated before, it would show the EU's true colours. This wasn't a secret referendum. The EU knew full well this could happen and if they want to take it personally, that's their problem. If they want to act like jilted bitches, so be it. And no-one's been bad mouthing the EU except Britain's citizens. I know Juncker is always pushing for a superstate where the residents aren't allowed to question dictatorship, but thankfully, we don't tow the line like Cameron did

rwo power wrote:Somewhere I read an interesting comment by a US ambassador who stated that it was a new thing for the US to have trade agreement take such a long time to negotiate as with the EU. Normally the US gave the countries that want to deal with them a list of the things they demand and want it signed right away. With the EU they have for the first time a trade partner they can't simply dictate terms to.

And you expect that the US would humour the UK with a nice and UK friendly trade agreement?
U.S. is one of a dozen markets to trade with. If the U.S. don't want to play ball, we can simply take our custom elsewhere
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:37

France 'overtakes UK as world’s fifth largest economy' after pound plunges

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/683003/Brexit-shock-France-overtakes-UK-worlds-fifth-largest-economy-pound-plunges
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:39

Two points, loads of people are assuming trade deals are going to be lopsided one way or another.

There's a thing called negotiations where both parties work together to find a mutually beneficial agreement. So it's scaremongering to talk about other Nations telling us 'This is how it's GOING to be, deal with it' that's primary school business logic. In the real world money talks and if both sides can find a suitable middle ground, it's fine.

On the other hand yes it's fantasy to assume we'll instantly get the trade deals we just voted against without the negatives of the EU.

And like Lex I have said and agree with the notion that if the EU want to be petty and try and 'make an example out of us' then *bleep* them. If worst case scenario England fails, Europe will be right behind us with countries scrambling to jump ship at the rate the EU is going Laughing

It's not like we just left a utopia, last I heard many EU countries are in absolutely awful shape despite being involved in the mighty EU
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:42

They are going to be lopsided. Even without the UK the EU is 5 times bigger than  the UK. The UK has half their exports going to the EU. They have far more leverage.

And even if they're not, these things take several years to complete. What do you have in  between? WTO minimums? How do your for export companies stay afloat? The only way is a massive devaluation of the pound.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:42

Lex wrote:
rwo power wrote:Let's see... If there is a country that said "I want out but I want all deals better than before", why on earth should the EU in anyway humour this country, especially if it has been badmouthing the EU for a long time before? THe UK only gets what they asked for

Because, as I've stated before, it would show the EU's true colours. This wasn't a secret referendum. The EU knew full well this could happen and if they want to take it personally, that's their problem. If they want to act like jilted bitches, so be it. And no-one's been bad mouthing the EU except Britain's citizens. I know Juncker is always pushing for a superstate where the residents aren't allowed to question dictatorship, but thankfully, we don't tow the line like Cameron did

rwo power wrote:Somewhere I read an interesting comment by a US ambassador who stated that it was a new thing for the US to have trade agreement take such a long time to negotiate as with the EU. Normally the US gave the countries that want to deal with them a list of the things they demand and want it signed right away. With the EU they have for the first time a trade partner they can't simply dictate terms to.

U.S. is one of a dozen markets to trade with. If the U.S. don't want to play ball, we can simply take our custom elsewhere
everyone will still do business with Britain. nobody and I mean nobody will turn down money.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:43

Again, I don't want to be that guy, but a quick scroll through of Rwo's posts and even an ounce of empathy should allow you to see that the EU views you lot as petty. From their point of view, you are being.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:48

Unique wrote:everyone will still do business with Britain. nobody and I mean nobody will turn down money.
Sure. The question is on which terms. As member of the single market under the Norwegian model or defaulting to WTO rules with default tariffs?

Mind you, adding tariffs to imports normally only makes sense if you produce the same stuff in the same quality yourself and want to protect the domestic production.

Putting on tariffs on goods that you cannot replace by domestic goods only makes things more expensive for the domestic consumer, which would be bad for the not so wealthy people again.

Last edited by rwo power on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:48; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:48

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Firenze wrote:from the united kingdom to england and wales with boris johnson as the PM

future looking bright if you ask me

at least until  unqualified people realize that they aren't suddenly going to have an abundance of new job options and that they still have to wait years to get a comfy council house

I thought you couldn't be bothered with the referendum hmm

Should have voted if you're seemingly 100% pro EU.

I should have. Figured remain was a lock tbh and I disagreed with some of the pro EU stuff I'd seen plastered in headlines. Wish I took more of an interest and some time to educate myself more on the whole thing much earlier. I'm sure there are a lot of people that are in the same boat as me right now. Anyone that thinks the EU won't come down hard and give us less than favorable trade agreements are in denial. They have to deter other countries from pulling something similar or the entire thing will collapse.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri 24 Jun 2016, 21:53

Unique wrote:
Lex wrote:

everyone will still do business with Britain. nobody and I mean nobody will turn down money.

Wales did. hmm

I've never been particularly into the whole UNITED KINGDOM, GREAT BRITAIN thing. I'm English. But it is kind of sad that hundreds of years of bloody history will be thrown away now with Soctland and most likely NI gaining independence.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 24 Jun 2016, 22:11

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:
Lex wrote:

Wales did. hmm

I've never been particularly into the whole UNITED KINGDOM, GREAT BRITAIN thing. I'm English. But it is kind of sad that hundreds of years of bloody history will be thrown away now with Soctland and most likely NI gaining independence.
but will Scotland get more out of the eu than they do out of being part of Britain. I doubt it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next