Art Morte
mr-r34
Helmer
iftikhar
8 posters

Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester United Empty Liverpool vs. Manchester United

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Manchester United have enjoyed a decent spell of four consecutive wins so far. These have saw them progress into the R6 of FA Cup, R16 of the EL and stay within a shout of T4. They have scored a healthy 12 goals in these games too. Not to forget they have already done the double over us. However, in games like these form counts for little.

Having the first-leg at home, it's important to gain an advantage. A win would do nicely. For two games in row, both Sturridge and Coutinho didn't made it into the starting XI. I'm guessing Klopp have been keeping his best assets sharp and shiny for a pivotal game like this. Emre is like Liverpool and now that he had his average game against Palace, we can be assume he will have a better one against ManU. I guess our starting XI would be:

Mignolet
Clyne-Lovren-Sakho-Flanagan
Henderson-Emre
Lallana-Firmino-Coutinho
Sturridge
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester United Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Manchester United

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:27 am

I am ready for it bounce

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:21 am

So United on a european night.....

This place died Sad
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Getting really excited about this one. After losing both league games to them, really really really need to knock them out of this one. Goddammit, just thinking of that Anfield 0-1 loss where we were better than them... Only a draw from that and we'd be above United in the league now. Really want revenge for that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:28 pm

We really need to progress further in this competition and that has been made even more important that we will face scums so early. We have no hopes of top 4 so this is it. GO GO GO!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:35 pm

I believe in this team! The spark is there right now for it to all come together here. We've been scoring quite well, all our offensive weapons are healthy. We have Lovren back and he's been great since returning. I have a good feeling about this.

Mignolet
Clyne - Lovren - Sakho - Flanagan
Henderson - Can
Lallana - Firmino - Coutinho
Sturridge

Although to be honest we've actually looked more cohesive with Origi up top than Sturridge. Gotta give him a chance to find better form.

We gotta get a goal early and then really take the game to them after that. Don't let them absorb pressure for 60 minutes and then nick a goal on their only shot on net or something.

YNWA
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Flano is not there in EL squad :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Honestly can't believe that Flanagan is getting votes over Moreno, especially at left-back. He was toasted all match (playing in his favored RB position) by a combination of Souare, Bolasie, and Adebayor. Yes... The CF was drifting to his side in order to exploit his positioning and lack of pace. Moreover, it darned-near worked for them on several occasions. I would definitely not start the young Scouser against United as one of Depay/Martial would likely be stationed opposite him with the intention of ripping him to shreds.

As for the match on the whole, this is a golden opportunity for Klopp and his Liverpool. Facing United, in European Competition, with a place in the last 16 at stake... This is quite simply everything that Liverpool is about. I'm sure he's relishing the opportunity, especially considering the lackluster performance the last time we faced United. Winning this tie, while it doesn't lend a trophy in-and-of itself, would be a massive victory for Klopp and the club as a whole, and it could do wonders for helping us push on in Europe, in the league, and even into next season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:55 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Honestly can't believe that Flanagan is getting votes over Moreno, especially at left-back. He was toasted all match (playing in his favored RB position) by a combination of Souare, Bolasie, and Adebayor. Yes... The CF was drifting to his side in order to exploit his positioning and lack of pace. Moreover, it darned-near worked for them on several occasions. I would definitely not start the young Scouser against United as one of Depay/Martial would likely be stationed opposite him with the intention of ripping him to shreds.

lol what? Maybe you've missed Moreno's entire season, or how well Flanagan played against City. Either way I want no part of Moreno on this team, and Flanagan has been great especially looking back to 13/14. You honestly can't believe that people would vote the scouser who recently put in a virtuoso performance against City and plays with grit and heart over the chicken with his head cut off? Please. If Palace had overloaded Moreno's side they probably would have put up 5 goals -- every team that exploits Moreno's flank seems to score on us.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:56 pm

i cant see us winning this tie tbh. we don't play well under pressure
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Curtinho wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:Honestly can't believe that Flanagan is getting votes over Moreno, especially at left-back. He was toasted all match (playing in his favored RB position) by a combination of Souare, Bolasie, and Adebayor. Yes... The CF was drifting to his side in order to exploit his positioning and lack of pace. Moreover, it darned-near worked for them on several occasions. I would definitely not start the young Scouser against United as one of Depay/Martial would likely be stationed opposite him with the intention of ripping him to shreds.

lol what? Maybe you've missed Moreno's entire season, or how well Flanagan played against City. Either way I want no part of Moreno on this team, and Flanagan has been great especially looking back to 13/14. You honestly can't believe that people would vote the scouser who recently put in a virtuoso performance against City and plays with grit and heart over the chicken with his head cut off? Please. If Palace had overloaded Moreno's side they probably would have put up 5 goals -- every team that exploits Moreno's flank seems to score on us.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Liverpool vs. Manchester United CdNULPNW4AET3Vk

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:07 pm

I think it is too much attack minded team and not sure if we will be too light weight in the middle.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:53 pm

So many chances missed. We need to take one of our next chances and keep a clean sheet.

I swear after playing like that, not going into the second leg with a huge lead is gonna be devastating.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Yeah, really should take a two-goal lead to the second leg after dominating them like this.... Come on, lads, make it happen...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:04 pm

Could have been more than two, but that's a good lead for the 2nd leg Thumbs up

Everyone put in a shift tonight. Clyne, Lallana or Firmino my MOTM.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:05 pm

Lallana for me :bow: it is just unbeliavable that Klopp has improved Lallana so much in just few months Proud Lallana seems more composed now in the final third !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Lallana, Firmino, Lovren, Sakho, Clyne, Moreno, Emre Can we all *bleep* class. joe Allen came on and was fantastic. So was Origi. Coutinho and Sturridge put in a shift but could have done better. MIgnolet didn't have anything to do so hard to judge him.

Hendo for me was the only meh performance. He's so bad on the ball. Allen outplayed him by a lot.

We won. 2 goals is good, even if it could have been much better for us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Btw, I don't remember Anfield sounding this good in a long time. The fans there were outstanding.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:40 pm

Art Morte wrote:Btw, I don't remember Anfield sounding this good in a long time. The fans there were outstanding.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:03 am

banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum