Onyx
Kaladin
RealGunner
zizzle
Jay29
18 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by CM Pep Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:10 am

What's up with Triple H's entrance. Steph was cringy af

Also, Reigns winning cleanly? Meh can't be bothered anymore with this

CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 am

I really can't see WWE ever improving unless there's competition again. It's just so predictable and they don't try anything outside of the box.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:35 am

From a business perspective, they are in that lull right now where they can keep making money without the need to innovate. It'll come to bite them some day, it always does. We'll remember this period as the time when WWE got complacent.

Either they will see the light and innovate or someone else will overtake them. The second bit seems highly improbable now, but it's what happens to all big companies who stop creating for the future and just rely on the present. Ask Nokia.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:54 am

The only matches that were bad were New Day/League of Nations and Reigns/Triple H. The League of Nations sucks and dragged the quality down for that match in a big way, and the Reigns/Triple H match was painfully slow and predictable. The rest of the matches at least had something going for them despite none of them having good endings.

I mean, Taker/Shane I'd give a solid 7/10. Ambrose/Lesnar was getting good but cut off too abruptly so 7/10 again. The ladder match was fun, 8/10. The woman's match was probably the best of the night, 9/10. Jericho/Styles took a while to get going but had a good ending despite the questionable result, so 7/10 again. It's not there weren't things to enjoy from these matches.

But the booking... it's already been said, but not a single match had a logical or satisfactory outcome.

Ryder wins the IC title - a great moment on its own, happy for him, but what happens now? Ryder drops the belt immediately to Owens or someone else? Ryder feuds with Owens over the belt, leaving Zayn in the lurch? Owens and Zayn have their feud, leaving nobody to face Ryder for the title? Long term the result doesn't set-up anything.

Jericho over Styles - okay, so they want to keep these two feuding a bit longer. But what's the end goal here? To put Styles over? Does he need up to be put over?

New Day/LON - New Day are hot right now, fans love them, the LON is a collection of scrubs nobody really cares about... so LON go over. All to set-up the Michaels/Foley/Austin return. Incredibly short-term booking here and the New Day were robbed a win they deserved for their hard work this past year.

Lesnar/Ambrose - Lesnar winning is fine, we all predicted this. But the match was too short and made Ambrose look weak yet again. Only uses two weapons, the chainshaw and bat were pointless, and he goes down after one F5 while Brock kicks out of everything. Brock leaves again and comes back whenever, Ambrose is left looking weak and with nobody to work with. It's like CM Punk all over again.

Women's title match - great match, just a disappointing finish with Charlotte winning. Sasha Banks had one of the biggest pops of the night. Cash in on that love ffs.

Shane/Taker - no swerves or interference in the match, Taker wins clean. What was the point of this whole storyline other than just to give Shane a chance to wrestle again?

Reigns/HHH - again, no interference, Reigns goes over clean despite being boo'd out of the building, doesn't turn heel.

Don't even get me started on the filler. They could have had this Mania done in 3hrs30 or 3hrs45. Instead, we get a jobber-infested battle royal that should have been on the pre-show, then 30 mins of the Rock pointlessly coming out with a flamethrower, talking about the attendance record, then burying the Wyatts. Cena coming back was the only good thing about that segment, and this shit pushed back the main event until after 4 am.

Ultimately, in the end, WWE hasn't looked at the long-term at all, booked everything with a short-term view and now has very little to work with post-Mania. We're going to have a babyface Reigns getting boo'd every week and the Authority angle is STILL going (into it's 4th year now?).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Agree with every word.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:04 pm

i am alive
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 pm

I called it off, *bleep* work Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:23 pm

I thought I'd be dead to the world until this afternoon but I woke up at 8 Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Glad I called it an early night. That had to be one of the most boring WM main events ever.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:20 pm

One of the worst sleeps, couldnt believe the ME went like that
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:35 pm

@Jay agreed with most of what said +1

Ultimately, better/worse than last WM?

Also, anyone watching RAW tonight hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:41 pm

It was worse booked tbh, 31 had some real duds though. But despite all that the main event was good and so was Rollins/Orton.

Here most of the matches were at least decent but they were booked horrendously which will leave a sour taste in everyones mouth.

Doubt I'll watch RAW live tbh, going to sleep at 4am back to back is not something I want to do lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:55 pm

I'll probably watch RAW live, my sleeping pattern is already f*cked as it is Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:48 pm

How has someone not made a gif of Jericho's laptop stalking lmao

Scoured everywhere, no one made it

@Urbanroots
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:58 pm

http://giant.gfycat.com/CautiousCookedFulmar.gif
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Speaking of Jericho, I just watched Jericho and Styles back and it was a lot better than I remembered.

It was still a bit sloppy because Jericho is not as good as he was from a pace point of view but I look at it more positively now.

Booking of it is still bad obviously.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:16 pm

I personally think the Sasha-Charlotte-Lynch fight was the best of the night, really surprised me. My list would be:

1. Sasha-Charlotte-Lynch
2. Taker-Shane
3. Ladder

then the rest
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Told ya lol.

Not sure how I feel about Taker-Shane atm, I'll have to rewatch it.

I know how I feel about Lesnar-Ambrose, it was good but wayyyy too short.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:42 pm

I am still astounded by Ambrose vs Lesnar. I can't help but think Brock refused to take bumps with the barbed wire and chainsaw. Why the f would they tease it and not use it? Even the crowbar was not used Laughing Only sticks and chairs. There was a recent Brock interview where he said Vince is pushing him to his limit.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:46 pm

I don't even care about Brock now tbh, rarely puts people over and uses less moves than Reigns.

Heyman is about the only positive to it all imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:54 pm

The moment Ambrose-Lesnar was starting to heat up they ended it. What's worse they cut the match short so Rock's burial of the Wyatt family got more air time SMH.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Giving the match more time would have just have added 5 more suplexes and a couple of chair shots from Dean. The booking was terrible. Credit to the commentary for this one, they tried to put Dean over as much as they could but all the match did was make Lesnar look strong.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:00 pm

I expected them to book the match in a way that Ambrose would look better coming out of the match, but they didn't. They didn't let him use any of the teased weapons and they cut his match in half.

Before the match, Ambrose was calling himself indestructible. The notion was that Brock would have to do something extreme to put Ambrose away, but all it took was one F5.

He's the face version of Bray Wyatt.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:04 pm

I can't believe that NXT Takeover Dallas and Wrestlemania 32 were booked by the same company lol.

It's night and day shit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:15 pm

The one guy who makes the final calls at Wrestlemania doesn't make any calls on NXT Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:52 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next