Great Leader Sprucenuce
dmize
M99
Freeza
LeSwagg James
22 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:03

I also understand this whole 'wants to win a ring' excuse. Isn't building a legacy and an eventual ring much greater? Just look at how beloved Reggie Miller is in Indiana, that's worth more than rings, showing heart and love for the people who supported you through the hardships.

Players who don't get any help are excused. Garnett, LeBron etc. never had the team Durant could've had in Oklahoma this year. They were even betting favourites after the GSW-Cavs series if Durant were to return.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by McAgger Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:03

Freeza wrote:Has there ever been another case of "Can't beat 'em, join 'em"?

Can't remember anything like this.

The cba really f'ed the league. The sudden rise in cap made this possible and it's everything the NBA's financial system has built up to prevent. Having 5 all-stars on the same team is ridiculous.

Also Durant's ring won't mean anything in the legacy conversations. Doubt anyone respects him enough anymore.

Good for Warriors fans though.

It wasn't just the massive cap raise. So many things had to workout perfectly for this scenario.

-Curry's injuries
-Curry's mindblowing contract.
-The sudden cap raise instead of the slow influx that the league suggested.
-Durant becoming free agent at such a perfect time.
-Durant's mentality to join rather than win it himself (Kobe/Timmy/Dirk mentality superstars and this doesn't happen).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:04

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I'm all for using 'we' as a pronoun in cases of sports. But you sure take it to a whole new level.

There's no 'we' in that post hmm

That's worse tbh. Singlehandedly beating LeBron Molenation

No stress, I know what you meant Freeze.

It's just a thing of mine. What can I say I'm passionate when it comes to sport and I've done it all my life with the other teams from other sports I support as well
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:07

CBarca wrote:

The banter about all this is amazing. If anything I'm happy this has happened just because of banter.

More like hating and salt pans that will be created in places all over that isn't the Bay Area.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:08

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

There's no 'we' in that post hmm

It's just a thing of mine. What can I say I'm passionate when it comes to sport and I've done it all my life with the other teams from other sports I support as well

Well, I'm passionate too. I almost have heart attacks watching teams I don't even support.

@McAgger.
Who's even left of the Kobe/Duncan/Dirk players?

Lillard/DeRozan/Westbrook(?)/Paul George

These seem like the people that value it so far. Gotta wait and see how Westbrook respons next season. Lakers is probably the only choice than would be accepted in some way. It is hometown team and we're awful, so it can't be seen as ring-chasing. But doubt it's going to happen. My bias is allowed to dream.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:11

The good thing to come out of this is that we get to watch Westbrook completely unleashed. It's gonna be Kobe 06 levels of usage rate.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:14

The cba really f'ed the league. The sudden rise in cap made this possible and it's everything the NBA's financial system has built up to prevent. Having 5 all-stars on the same team is ridiculous.

Also Durant's ring won't mean anything in the legacy conversations. Doubt anyone respects him enough anymore.

Clearly the biggest bitch move in the history of sports. I've lost all respect for him, which sucks because he was a top 3 favorite player of mine..

The real issue with LeBron in 2010 was how he announced going to Miami, not going to Miami.. Miami was #5 in the East and he was surrounded by a bunch of scrubs in Cleveland.. Not to mention he had to play at a superstar level to win

Durant's rings won't mean much, he could literally just be a good role player and possibly make the difference.. But nobody outside of hardcore basketball fans will care 50 years from now Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:15

Can't wait to see him (Russ) get pissed when there's no one to help him out (:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:16

LeSwagg James wrote:

Clearly the biggest bitch move in the history of sports. I've lost all respect for him, which sucks because he was a top 3 favorite player of mine..

The real issue with LeBron in 2010 was how he announced going to Miami, not going to Miami.. Miami was #5 in the East and he was surrounded by a bunch of scrubs in Cleveland.. Not to mention he had to play at a superstar level to win

Durant's rings won't mean much, he could literally just be a good role player and possibly make the difference.. But nobody outside of hardcore basketball fans will care 50 years from now Laughing

He could always do a LeBron by just winning a couple of rings and then go to a scrub team and go and try do it there as well
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:20

Yeah, that is why I stop just short of saying his legacy is over.. But let's be real, he just had a great player on his team for 8 years (top 5 for the past 3 or so) and couldn't get them over the hump.. I doubt he can go change a franchise like LeBron

I wouldn't be as upset with him if they didn't lose to the Warriors.. He was the main reason they choked game 6 away, then joins them.. At least come back and redeem yourself ffs

OKC fans must feel like shit right now
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:26

I just miss some attitude in the league. I really hope the new generation will at least be loyal.

Well, 76ers playing in 30 minutes. Anyone watching? Ben Simmons summer league debut.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:33

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Well, I'm passionate too. I almost have heart attacks watching teams I don't even support.

@McAgger.
Who's even left of the Kobe/Duncan/Dirk players?

Lillard/DeRozan/Westbrook(?)/Paul George

Curry. It's not his fault his franchise is bringing top 5 player to collude with him. But he's gonna be a 1 franchise man.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:34

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 4m4 minutes ago
Told emphatically by league source there's no chance Russell Westbrook will do a renegotiation/extension of his contract (one yr remaining).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:34

Freeza wrote:I just miss some attitude in the league. I really hope the new generation will at least be loyal.

Well, 76ers playing in 30 minutes. Anyone watching? Ben Simmons summer league debut.

I have only watched a handful of players in summer league but I will probably check him out
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:36

What happens in 2 years when Curry gets a monstrous payday? I don't see this Warriors team lasting very long.. But, they don't need a big 4 long term anyways.. 3 would be fine
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:37

LeSwagg James wrote:What happens in 2 years when Curry gets a monstrous payday? I don't see this Warriors team lasting very long.. But, they don't need a big 4 long term anyways.. 3 would be fine

Isn't it already next year? Both him and Durant needing that 150+m$ deal.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 05 Jul 2016, 00:41

LeSwagg James wrote:What happens in 2 years when Curry gets a monstrous payday? I don't see this Warriors team lasting very long.. But, they don't need a big 4 long term anyways.. 3 would be fine

Nothing they have cap space to keep all 4.

Steph's cap hold is only 16m next season. So even if they pay him 30m+ only 16m will be counted towards the cap but he has to sign last after the whole roster is complete otehrwise it won't be able to go over.

They can pay Durant 35m next summer. Have both Klay and Dray current contract and and keep Steph's 16m on the books and have 48m cap to fill up the roster. rofl

They can even sign Wesbrook. Laughing

The only thing they have to do is sign Curry last

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=39627
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40