Valkyrja
The Demon of Carthage
eelir
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Petition to strip RM 50' CL titles  Empty Petition to strip RM 50' CL titles

Post by eelir Thu 19 May - 10:07:43

goal.com wrote:Real Madrid should be stripped of their first five European Cup wins, according to an online petition that has amassed 50,000 votes.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2016/05/18/23655802/fifty-thousand-call-for-real-madrid-to-be-stripped-of-five?ICID=HP_TS_1
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Petition to strip RM 50' CL titles  Empty Re: Petition to strip RM 50' CL titles

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 19 May - 10:10:55

...and what do you think about it, eelir? Do you think we should be stripped of those titles?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Petition to strip RM 50' CL titles  Empty Re: Petition to strip RM 50' CL titles

Post by Valkyrja Thu 19 May - 10:12:51

Pathetic initiative Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu 19 May - 11:39:23

No, I think it is stupid. I agree the titles are in no way up to the standards set today, it was invitation based cup such as Audi cup, but the history is history and RM are the most successful club in CL and that should stand!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 19 May - 11:43:43

Well they are fake ones, in the sense that the competition wasn't established yet. They have as many legit EC/CL's as Barca. Where can I sign without going in perez.com? Can you post a link?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 19 May - 11:51:46

Harmonica wrote:Well they are fake ones, in the sense that the competition wasn't established yet. They have as many legit EC/CL's as Barca. Where can I sign without going in perez.com? Can you post a link?

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-que-retiren-las-copas-de-europa-falsas-del-real-madrid

Let me know if you need anything else.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 19 May - 11:53:34

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Well they are fake ones, in the sense that the competition wasn't established yet. They have as many legit EC/CL's as Barca. Where can I sign without going in perez.com? Can you post a link?

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-que-retiren-las-copas-de-europa-falsas-del-real-madrid

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 19 May - 11:54:22

No problem, buddy, good luck Smile
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu 19 May - 11:55:39

Let's strip italy of the 30's world cup titles while we're at it.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 19 May - 12:04:40

zizzle wrote:Let's strip italy of the 30's world cup titles while we're at it.
Makes sense, as WC34 was the first World Cup with qualification.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 19 May - 12:15:36

I think that only the first European Cup was by invitation and organized by France Football and Real Madrid. Since the second one, it was a UEFA tournament. Can someone put some light in that?

If so, I totally agree that the first one should be stripped, the others are legit though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 19 May - 12:20:53

Free_cat where have you been? Is Catalonia free already?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 19 May - 12:29:39

Harmonica wrote:Free_cat where have you been? Is Catalonia free already?

Not yet, but we are on our way. These next two years will be thrilling.

I've been away because it's just too hard for me to go to football websites with Evil Madrid in the CL final. Hopefully they'll lose it and I'll be able to come back for the transfer rumours.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 19 May - 14:12:28

In all seriousness though, it pains me to see how innately bitter some people are; and I'm mainly targeting 'Justicia Deportiva' here. The fact that he/she/they had the audacity to submit this comical, ill-founded and poorly written petition to strip Real Madrid, and Real Madrid only, of their first five European cups stems from acute desperation and severe inferiority complex.

Folks, this is a small, albeit significant sample, a living proof if you will, of what's wrong with the world we live in, of how some people are completely bereft of ethics, conscience and moral values, of how corruption is deeply rooted at all levels in society. If they can shamelessly and publicly express their desire to strip a football club of its fully merited trophies without proof, how do you think they'd fare holding a public office? Only an immoral, under-evolved person would, when pressured or desperate, opt to illegal corrupt ways to reach their goal, instead of achieving it through hard work.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 19 May - 15:53:16

its "change.org" who the hell are they? while we are at it, as someone mentioned lets strip Uruguay and Italy off their 30s world cups, let's take it a step further, let's denounce all those titles that Bill Russel and the Boston celtics won. and every time period, say 10 or 20 years, let's strip the medals off of those who have won in those time periods because the game is "different". same goes for Olympics and Copa Libertadores too. and in another 10 years let's strip the world cups won by those in the 60s

lol someone is just bored and jealous to "think" up such statement without fully analyzing the lack of intelligence in it. the game always changes, in some years time it will change again, records and record keeping are an important aspect in society (even though nowadays people try to manipulate their "stats"), nobody is stripping or coming close to strip anything. and all our titles are legit, put petty jealousies aside and focus on important things, like who will be uefa's president after this interim period, and eliminating the corruption that has riddled fifa and uefa
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 19 May - 16:09:26

I didn't know Madrid's titles were causing this much butthurt . rofl

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 19 May - 16:15:56

free_cat wrote:I think that only the first European Cup was by invitation and organized by France Football and Real Madrid. Since the second one, it was a UEFA tournament. Can someone put some light in that?

Nonsense . The first European cup was organized by UEFA and Madrid had nothing to do with its implementation .

This petition is  really nothing more than " I'm butthurt that my rival team has way more titles than mine and i'd like to see them get striped on the basis of these titles being soooooo old "  . hmm

Also like previously pointed, if "justice" is their main goal , why is Madrid the sole target here and not the other teams that won it in the same format ? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 20 May - 18:48:52

Honest people have spoken, but they don't need to be stripped of 'em. Everybody already knows these hold no weight whatsoever either way.

Although it's cringe when THEY talk about the great LA DECIMA, they can have it and gloat bout it if that makes them sleep better.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 20 May - 19:01:04

Have a little bit of respect, we have won the Champions league 10 times since the competition was created. It wasnt Bayern, it wasnt Steua Bucharest, it wasnt Nottingham Forest. It was us, Real Madrid. We have done it, someone had to win.

That competition kept evolving in time, and we kept winning. How many times? 10 times total, more than any team in history, i mean some have 0 wins in 50 years, go figure. Maybe we will create a special category for those.

The Champions league will keep evolving and changing and we will continue to win. History matters as much as the present. We have 10 european cups, you dont like it? suck it up
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri 20 May - 19:04:46

why are some posters on this forum so weak? I swear before the 10th no one gave a damn about the first 5, and often laughed at rm every season they failed to win the cl, now its close to the 11th sooner than expected fans are salty.

as i said before hope rm destroys atleti so I can watch the butthurt.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri 20 May - 19:27:54

Marcus Aurelius wrote:Honest people have spoken, but they don't need to be stripped of 'em. Every butthurt and jealous Barça fan  wants to believe that  these hold no weight whatsoever either way.  

Although it's cringe when THEY talk about the great LA DECIMA, they can have it and gloat bout it if that makes them sleep better.

Fixed .

What is the rationale behind the claim that these titles hold very little weight ?  Laughing
Wasn't the competition contested between the best teams of Europe at  the  time  ?
Wasn't Real madrid clearly  the best team at the time ?  Laughing

You don't get to choose when history begins and you definitely don't get to set a statute of limitations  on a title's relevancy . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri 20 May - 19:30:49

Who cares about ancient cups? if you cant enjoy your team when you are alive. Current barcelona fans are the winners
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri 20 May - 19:40:22

Kebab wrote:Who cares about ancient cups? if you cant enjoy your team when you are alive. Current barcelona fans are the winners

So current cups will stop mattering in 50 years?

You do realize that there are fans that are older than 60 ? some have witnessed Madrid win all 10 .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 20 May - 19:42:39

As a Skysports fan nothing actually happened before 1992 imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri 20 May - 20:09:02

farfan wrote:
Kebab wrote:Who cares about ancient cups? if you cant enjoy your team when you are alive. Current barcelona fans are the winners

So current cups will stop mattering in 50 years?

You do realize that there are fans that are older than 60 ? some have witnessed Madrid win all 10 .
it will matter but witnessing is like orgasm. Past is like remembering that orgasm
and then there is third category, remembering memories of others
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next