Lucifer
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
M99
18 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Have to agree with RG, Zayn is getting a bit stale

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 pm

On the NXT card, who is that andrade dude lol?

As usual the takeover will be great, worried about the Womens match though. Asuka  is one of the best workers in the company male or female but Nia Jax sucks lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:54 pm

Bray has been medically cleared btw.

Seems Bray Wyatt's New Orleans tease from this past weekend may lead to more than just a return on Raw next week from the Crescent City.

The Wrestling Observer reports not only has Wyatt been medically cleared, but he'll likely be thrown into the mix for the pay-per-view (PPV) scheduled for Sunday, June 19. The ladder match which gives Money in the Bank its name currently only has six men booked, and most prior iterations included seven. While there had been rumors the battle for the briefcase would go with one less wrestler than usual this time, The Observer believes Bray will be added.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:22 pm

Thats great news, that ladder match is going to be insane.

Though i'd like to see Bray win it, this is Dean's moment, if he doesn't win it, he's donezo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm sick of dean ambrose tbh, if someone has gotten state it's him, Zero character development since he left the shield
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:28 pm

He's a lunatic
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:32 pm

How i look at it is at the end of the day it's a performance, if any one guy is talented enough then it doesn't matter how he's used for months on end. As long as when they decide to get behind him  that they look great you can overcome it.

Bray is a massive example of that actually, i see no reason why Ambrose couldn't do the same even if they didn't win MITB. Time is on his side to turn it around like it is for most of the guys.

With that said i do think he should win, although i won't be upset at Bray or Owens winning either assuming Bray actually does take part like they say.

We only have to look at Bryan, people were pissed how he was used for months and then bam it all came together in a month or two.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:38 pm

The character development is poor all round, but yeh Ambrose is one of the biggest talents they have who's being wasted.

I would turn him heel and make him a more darker/serious/sinister version of himself. He kinda has that joker vibe going too, so maybe incorporate some of that into his gimmick. Also as part of his heel turn he'd have to drop the homeless look. Slicked back hair, long black Edge type jacket, maybe some face paint, bulk up a bit / drop the vest and wear black jeans instead. In terms of his promos, give him more freedom and also throw in a few catchphrases to flesh out his character.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:40 pm

I think Bray can do much more with the briefcase, he desperately needs it actually. Ambrose can still do much if they turn him heel, he was better with the shield for that reason imo
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Always thought the briefcase is a weird fit for Bray's character Laughing

I'm willing to change my mind though considering Bray is great regardless and he'd probably make something work out of it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Cant wait for Bray to cash it on Roman then get buried
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:59 pm

As for Zayn, being a generic smiling babyface isn't good enough. He needs an actual character.

Maybe turn him into a cocky heel hipster. That's basically who he looks like now anyway, but it would be more exaggerated. Grow the beard out, grow the hair into a manbun. Give him some glasses to put on. Let him cut promos about how his hipster life is better than everybody else's etc. Modern day gimmick that'll allow him to connect with the casuals.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:06 pm

His finisher could be renamed to 'Helluva Hipster kick'. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Always thought the briefcase is a weird fit for Bray's character Laughing

I'm willing to change my mind though considering Bray is great regardless and he'd probably make something work out of it.

he should carry the contract in a medieval style leather sack Laughing
But then again he's on twitter so..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Bryan is a special case. Losing DOES MATTER. Ambrose has lost every big match he's been in for 2 years. He didn't win the Rollins, Bray, HHH, and Lesnar feuds. If he can't win a MITB in which he's in kayfabe the strongest competitor out of them, then he's done. He needs to win it.

WWE has actually been booking him strongly since the Lesnar squash, so I expect him to take the title off Reigns.

Bray, this time, around actually has some momentum behind him. He can come back the RAW after MITB.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:17 pm

I just don't agree.

Also " he's done " is just silly. Almost as silly of claims of burial when someone loses despite the fact they remain prominent parts of the show with major feuds around them.

Ambrose has never been close to being buried, none of the guys we usually talk about have been. Claiming they have means you don't understand the term.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Yes, he's done as a potential star. How many times can somebody lose and be made to look like a joke until the audience stops caring? Ambrose has been getting apathy during his matches since the Lesnar feud which he has never gotten before.

You can't make someone look like a geek constantly, and expect the audience to take him seriously. Ryback was actually in a similar position in 2012. He lost 7 PPV matches in a row when he was at his most over, and the fans stopped caring about him and his matches against the top guys, because he was a loser.

Or better yet, how about Ziggler? I never liked the guy, but WWE had a bunch of opportunities to make him a star, and they chose not to. Look at how the audience reacts to him now.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:30 pm

There's a reason people stopped caring about Ryback and it wasn't his losses Laughing

Ambrose is getting apathy because his performances his in the ring have been poor at best and his performances outside of the ring have been overshadowed by others.

He lost to Lesnar like everyone else does but how many matches has he lost since? i can't think of many, if any Laughing

The idea he's on the verge of irrelevance if he doesn't win at Money in the Bank is bordering on insanity.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Dean is donezo if he doesnt win, fodder feuds since mania dont matter

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:45 pm

The point is you can't keep building wrestlers up and then have them lose the big matches. He's a face, not a heel. Good guys need to win against the bad guys, to be taken seriously. Look at Roadblock, the fans no sold his chances, but when he had his false win, they erupted.  

As I said, when I say done, I'm referring to him as a top guy. How many times are you going to have him lose the big matches until the fans just don't care anymore? It's already slow starting to happen and trust me WWE realizes that too.

He's the face version of Bray Wyatt. He hypes himself up to be  a tough SOB, but then he loses. How can the audience take him seriously? Unlike Bray, Ambrose can't just be written off TV, to recover his heat. He's WWE's workhorse. Unless he's injured or shooting a movie, he'll always be on TV.

Ambrose winning against Lesnar was unlikely, but considering the hype of the match, NOBODY, including the wrestlers, and journalists like Keller and Meltzer expected him to get squashed the way he did.

Now, a good piece of booking can undo all that, but WWE sucks at booking. The last time they managed to make someone credible, who previously was made to look like a total joke, was CM Punk back in 2011 FFS.

And with all the new talent coming in, who's to say he won't be lost in the shuffle?

Last edited by Casciavit on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Ambrose's chances of becoming a bonafide main eventer, slip with every time he loses a big match until the audience and WWE just don't care anymore. I don't know how the above is questionable. If it occurs, Ambrose won't be the first person this happens to, and he won't be the last.

Losing and winning do matter.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:58 pm

What new talent is going to be placed an a higher position than him other than maybe AJ Styles?

He's in the same place as Reigns and Rollins, they are Shield guys and WWE will back them over new talent coming in.

He's not going to be lost in the shuffle, no one is saying this stuff about Kevin Owens and Ambrose beats him pretty much every time they face. Laughing

Like i said it's ridiculous to even think that way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm

They should have the title change hands more often imo. That way guys like Ambrose and Bray can get a title reign. Long title reigns are boring and predictable anyway.

It's just a prop that's part of a storyline, so the whole devaluing/hot shotting argument makes no sense. It's a prop to make someone 'the guy' that everybody is after. That's it. The storyline itself is more important. 5 title changes a year sounds reasonable, about the same amount they had back in the attitude era.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Ambrose's a face who portrays himself as a tough guy. Winning in his case matters more than it does for Rollins, Owens, and Styles.

I can see Balor getting the rocket, Jason Jordan and Big Cass will get mega pushes when they go singles.

Anyways, I'm strictly speaking about him being done as a main eventer. Rollins and Reigns were made main eventers last year. How many times are they going to fail to pull the trigger until they don't care anymore?

Him winning MITB is all about maintaining whatever bit of credibility he has left. Sure, him not winning it isn't going to bury him. He'll still be in the upper midcard, but it distances his already long road to becoming a main eventer.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Onyx wrote:They should have the title change hands more often imo. That way guys like Ambrose and Bray can get a title reign. Long title reigns are boring and predictable anyway.

It's just a prop that's part of a storyline, so the whole devaluing/hot shotting argument makes no sense. It's a prop to make someone 'the guy' that everybody is after. That's it. The storyline itself is more important. 5 title changes a year sounds reasonable, about the same amount they had back in the attitude era.

Well naturally, which is why i have said many times my biggest issue with Reigns is there is no suspense to him losing. It's much easier to be invested in a match when you think there's a possibility of it going both ways.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next