Firenze
Lucifer
Mr Nick09
58 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Build Up: Pogba to United - Page 35 Empty Re: Build Up: Pogba to United

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Yeah that was on Deschamps... once Kante wasn't starting, Pogba moved into his slot.    The thing was the Griezmann was on fire so Deschamps really set things up to put him in the best conditions.  He tried putting Matuidi on the right so that freed Pogba up on the left, but Matuidi was just awful on the right.

The only way Pogba is played at his optimal place is if Matuidi is benched... and that may be coming.  It depends on Kante and Rabiot.  I can see either easily taking his place.

And think about this... Pogba is making 4.5 mil net at Juve. He will be making 13 mil net + image rights of 7 mil gross at Man U. He would be a special level of stupid not to jump on that. The difference is massive. It's his profession.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:37 pm

I had the same thought. If Matuidi could not play well as the lone DM he should have been benched for Kante. Griezmann just had to be in the center. So Pogba needed a reassuring DM who would let him express himself more as a CM.

As I said before I am not complaining about Pogba accepting this transfer but considering all that has happened and is happening, a little more humility would have been very welcome.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:42 pm

messixaviesta wrote:1. Fans don't get the money in their hands. They care about their players, At least some fans care about certain players. There are some players in my team whom if you had taken in their prime to another club I would feel deep anguish even if you gave the club one billion euros for one of them.

fans don't get the money, but if used properly, they can forget about the player sold and enjoy newer things; if used properly. the late great agnelli described nedved as "more hair less talent" when juve signed him as zizou's replacement, exactly the following year he had grown to appreciate nedved.

its easy to say "i won't want us to sell such and such for 1 billion", its a huge chunk of money, at the end of the day, clubs need money to survive, just ask ac milan. and we're talking about pogba here, good player, but this is a major steal. its like that ikea add; we aren't talking selling a young cristiano or messi that guarantee you an insane number of goals. i get it, fans appreciate moments, they want to see their best guy play for them, but nobody's turning down 100 million pounds- that money can go to signings, setting up better infrastructure and training facilities, building better youth or scouting systems, re-investing part of it in some projects to help the club's future, and still have change left behind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWCLw75XnE all juve fans should be thinking right now is "start the car", they've pulled off a very good piece of business, and from what i can see, they're investing in the right places, and picking apart their domestic competition pjanic and higuain. btw i don't see how he hasn't been humble. the kid hasn't said a word, just shot a commercial for adidas, which i'm guessing wasn't even his idea, they pay marketers to take advantage of these kind of scenarios
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:13 pm

Investing 90 million in Higuain isn't "investing in the right place" to me tito. It's more about "there's no other striker in the market that's available". In fact, if it weren't for the release clause, they likely wouldn't get Higuain either.

Such is the market today.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:29 pm

who else could they have signed? higuain is definitely a step up from morata. they're signing him from a major rival, there was no way they were going to get him for a cheaper price. the only option would have been to sign a less popular forward outside serie a, but then you take into account his serie a experience....the money is ridiculous, but they had no other option, they needed a forward, one who can score too, considering they're expecting 120 million coming in, its not a bad move. the figure is inflated to high heavens but we've exhausted that topic
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:39 am

Man Utd get 12% of shirt sales & only when sales reach a min. number. Rest to Adidas - via #LaStampa

And you have clueless RatCafe fans think they'll cover the entire Pogba fees with Jersey sales rofl

Need to remember that licensing and merchandising is controlled by Adidas (United gave that up) which is why they are paying them such a huge fixed amount to them every year. All the € from Jersey sales mostly goes to Adidas.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:38 am

Shirt sales is just a very small portion of image rights.  The big part is every commercial or anything else that uses Pogba in connection with Man U...  They have to pay man u a licensing fee.  Pogba gets half of that.  Same with anything that has Pogba in a Man U jersey or anything with Pogba connected to Man U.  Not sure how much money that is for Man U, but it's a huge number for Real Madrid.  That's why Real Madrid categorically refuses to share any of it with a player.  Ronaldo and Bale don't even have it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:49 pm

S wrote:Man Utd get 12% of shirt sales & only when sales reach a min. number. Rest to Adidas - via #LaStampa

And you have clueless RatCafe fans think they'll cover the entire Pogba fees with Jersey sales rofl

Need to remember that licensing and merchandising is controlled by Adidas (United gave that up) which is why they are paying them such a huge fixed amount to them every year. All the € from Jersey sales mostly goes to Adidas.

Back it up with evidence please. Last time I checked, they(most of them, at least) were all dismissing and ridiculing a tweet by a moron who said exactly that.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Glory, don't bother! Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Hes just mad Pogbas leaving lord knows why tho cuz Pogba is staying Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:56 pm

guest7 wrote:Hes just mad Pogbas leaving lord knows why tho cuz Pogba is staying Laughing

You are laughing at him and then in the same sentence making a fool of yourself ? scratch
Manchester United players and personal are openly talking about Pogba. Zlatan mentioned him. MUTV commentators and ex players are speaking about him. Even Wayne fking Rooney is willing to talk about him(LINK). Raiola has said something too.
What more do you want as a sign. Its just a matter of time. I know you want Madrid to buy him and everything and its none of my business. But stop this bloody nonsense mate. We are signing the lad. Get used to it.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:11 pm

We have strong links with Witsel too or so it seems. Pogba is gone.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Glory wrote:
S wrote:Man Utd get 12% of shirt sales & only when sales reach a min. number. Rest to Adidas - via #LaStampa

Back it up with evidence please. Last time I checked, they(most of them, at least) were all dismissing and ridiculing a tweet by a moron who said exactly that.

Seems we have a secret agent here :coffee:

Dint read through all the pages tbh but the general sentiment over there was they'll recoup all the money they paid for Pogba from merchandising. Which is wrong. Most of that merchandising money goes to Adidas. So technically you're not 'recouping' anything. But this shouldn't matter since United are signing bloated deals

I'm just pointing out the general ignorance towards income from Jersey sales because there's largely been a misconception regarding that among most football fans.

Anyway, this has been dealio since a long time. There's nothing to be mad about this atleast not in the sense that i was upset about the Vidal deal. Just usual fan reaction when you lose a player.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:33 pm

We should use some of that Pogba money and finally free James, some rumors from AS that he is getting more out of place hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:37 pm

rincon wrote:We should use some of that Pogba money and finally free James, some rumors from AS that he is getting more out of place hmm

Well GL accountants say we have already spent all that Pogba money so how can we afford him hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:19 pm

S wrote:
Glory wrote:

Seems we have a secret agent here :coffee:

Dint read through all the pages tbh but the general sentiment over there was they'll recoup all the money they paid for Pogba from merchandising. Which is wrong. Most of that merchandising money goes to Adidas. So technically you're not 'recouping' anything. But this shouldn't matter since United are signing bloated deals

I'm just pointing out the general ignorance towards income from Jersey sales because there's largely been a misconception regarding that among most football fans.

Anyway, this has been dealio since a long time. There's nothing to be mad about this atleast not in the sense that i was upset about the Vidal deal. Just usual fan reaction when you lose a player.

Oh no no. I am too pessimistic and anti-fun for their liking. Never felt like having an account in that circus tent of a forum. However I do visit it often. Despite their numerous flaws some things they offer can be really helpful like for eg, their transfer tweets forum. I also like to visit their matchday forums and check their comments and also individual player threads. Part of the reason I spent a lot of time in shitcafe is because our section here is a ghost town with little or no activity.

Coming back to the topic, I understand your frustration in losing him. But to what you are saying here, I cant agree. Yes, generally thats most of the football fans say. But in this particular case rather these redcafe dudes aint doing it. They severely condemned a tweet by some shit journalist in which he himself was saying, we could recoup the whole of Pogba fees from his shirt sale in a week.Although I wont be able to provide any links for that as that shit will take ages. Pogba thread in cafe has like 850 pages. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:02 pm

Juventus Remove Paul Pogba From Their Online Store...

Juventus have dropped a big hint about the fate of Paul Pogba, after the French midfielder was taken down from their online website.

As just about every living being on the face of the universe knows by now, Pogba is at the centre of a transfer saga, with Manchester United strongly linked with a world record breaking bid for the 23-year-old.

Pogba’s move to the Premier League now looks all but certain, but just in case anyone needed another nudge telling us where he’ll end up, Juve’s media team have done exactly that.

Eagle-eyed supporters noticed that Pogba has been the player used to sell the Serie A club’s new blue/purple away kit online, but he was replaced on Monday with their own new player Miralem Pjanic.

The photos on the left are ‘before’ shots, and the images on the right are ‘after’:

http://twitter.com/Sfincione/status/760014555846152192/photo/1
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:14 pm

He's still there when i go to the Juve store...

http://www.juvestore.com/en/match-kits.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:17 pm

@juve_gigi, i think the big hint was dropped when they spent the amount they did to sign higuain. if juve weren't selling someone for 9 digits, the higuain move will never have been made. i'm of the position now that those running the club are looking forward to selling at this point, than for some mishap to happen and have the huge expenses and wage bills on their hand. once you spent that heavy amount of money, the writing was definitely on the wall
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Chelsea is rumored to be dropping 80+ mil.... on Lukaku Laughing Laughing Laughing

No wonder he was riding around with Pogba in private jets this past month. Dude is about to get paid too...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:24 pm

Laughing Laughing They should have go for Aubameyang ot Higuain for that money.
If it happens Lukaku and Michy are going to fight not only for a pot at Chelsea but also for the NT.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:33 pm

if that's true, it hurts me that chelsea will be spending that amount on lukaku. i'd have rather they came to madrid and spent it on morata. everton like a lot of sellers in this new era window must be going https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWCLw75XnE "start the car"
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:46 pm

Chelsea bought Lukaku for what 35millions at first ? Then sold him for half of the price and now they want to buy him again for 80 millions from the same club. Who does business like that ? That's insane.

Bertrand Traoré and any other '' Young talent '' should leave asap.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's still there when i go to the Juve store...

http://www.juvestore.com/en/match-kits.html

Hmmm, must of been some kid messing around on Twitter then...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:27 pm

LeBéninois wrote:Chelsea bought Lukaku for what 35millions at first ? Then sold him for half of the price and now they want to buy him again for 80 millions from the same club. Who does business like that ? That's insane.

Bertrand Traoré and any other '' Young talent '' should leave asap.
they sold him for 28mil. but I get your point. they did the same with matic Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:18 pm

The market is going crazy also because some rich owner don't care about losing money.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next