Jay29
RealGunner
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:37 am

Just woke up and skipped it to AJ and Cena lmao.

I know people were split on the MITB match but surely can't be split this time, it was *bleep* fantastic.

Haven't seen the rest though and probably won't until later tomorrow.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Casciavit Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:56 am

I personally thought that the MITB match was better. Today's match had way too many false finishes. It followed the formula of Cena vs popular indie wrestler.

-Get the crowd going in the introduction
-lock up and get out in the first 5 minutes
- last 15 minutes trade doing cool moves
-cenawinslol or cenaputsyouover(:

MITB actually told a story of how AJ is the best wrestler in the world, today wasn't as good IMO.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:07 am

The only actual false finish was the super AA which Cena made awesome by how he sold afterwards imo.

Storytelling and psychology was still there in an abundance, I haven't seen his matches with Kevin Owens but in terms of indie wrestlers I don't really remember what you describe with Bryan and Punk tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:56 am

I saw the results (haven't seen any matches yet) but I'm so glad I didn't stay up for this. Imagine watching all four hours live to see the final match end without any getting pinned.

Also, Balor is getting pushed even harder than Reigns was. Looking forward to him getting boo'd out the building.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 am

Watched it now and this is how I feel about it tbh.

The first half is great, highlighted by AJ and Cena. But after that due to some baffling booking choices it nosedived outside of Balor and Rollins.

Even that had some taken away from it due to the fans shouting that the belt sucks constantly and basically hijacking the show which I hate.

The tag team match ended in dq, Rusev and Reigns didn't even happen for some odd reason and the main event ended in TKO because "lol he's an MMA star".

I still enjoyed it overall but it could have been so much better if it wasn't for these nonsensical booking decisions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:57 am

The Cena-AJ match was easily the best, maybe even MOTY for me
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Did they really give the belt to Balor... scratch scratch

Reigns and Rusev didnt happen because they realized they gave the match away for free on Raw 6 days ago.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Don't think that the ending was planned...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:41 pm

According to Meltzer it was....

"Obviously the idea was to get hardway blood. The elbow was designed to cut him open, and I don't know how badly [Orton] was hurt. Obviously he was selling and they were trying to work the idea that he was knocked out and they had to stop the match, and from what I can gather due to no one talking about anything going awry, that was probably close to what was supposed to happen, if not exactly what was supposed to happen... there was no doubt that [Lesnar] was looking to open him up."

Seems very needless and risky to me,  if you want blood just do it the old fashioned way lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:27 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 LOL

looks like it was a classic summerslam
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Ambrose :facepalm:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:55 pm

Planned or not, that was great controversial TV. Randy legit lying in a pool of his own blood, gushing down from his head ffs.

Assuming it was more or less planned, fair play to Randy for voluntarily lying there helpless and taking a well aimed elbow to the scalp from Borky boy who I assume has spent plenty of time working on elbow strikes. Looked ruthless.

People accusing him of blading tho rofl Would make him the most retarded lad in the World if that's how he blades. Clearly was not from a blade.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:03 pm

never thought I'd be saying this but I can't buy that it was a work, super PG WWE doing something like that nowadays? nah, that gash was legit on his head. You don't see chair shots to the head nowadays because of the whole concussion thing that's prevalent in sports/media now, I can't see WWE green lighting elbows to the skull like that with the intention of splitting him open. Elbows to a grounded opponent like that are banned even in MMA ffs (although rules have been changed lately, might just be 12-6 elbows, dont remember).

Last edited by Firenze on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Word is it was supposed to happen but Randy wasnt supposed to bleed that much.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:08 pm

I would be pleased if it were planned tbh, means we may actually be getting back to prime blood violence and sexual harassment WWE
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Imo it was supposed to happen with some light bleeding but Bork went a bit overboard. If it was full on Benoit roid rage happening in the ring Shane O' wouldn't have been coming down to do an f5 spot straight after.

Having said that if you're Randy and somebody just got carried away and split your head open you're gonna be pissed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:18 pm

It was planned, that's quite obvious at this point.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 Img_2012

It's definitely not a blade job lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Firenze wrote:The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 LOL

looks like it was a classic summerslam

Ffs lol.

Ambrose is an A+ performer until he gets in the ring, can't remember the last singles match he had on PPV I enjoyed.

Probably Owens at the Rumble but that was last man standing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 WWE-Universal-Championship-Title

eww
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It was planned, that's quite obvious at this point.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 Img_2012

It's definitely not a blade job lmao.
b
That's moronic if u ask me. Why would you take such needless risk. As for the storyline, I think it's going to be one of the most interesting one in recent times. Gonna keep in touch with it that's for sure.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Hopefully the idea is to lead up to Orton snapping and going back to crazy coked up Orton and getting a no DQ match against Brock. That match has potential with WWE not having to book 100 suplexes due to Orton being allowed to low blow, use weapons etc.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:46 pm

Firenze wrote:The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 20 WWE-Universal-Championship-Title

eww

It's awful lol, genuinely looks like they scrapped pieces of Nakamura's ring gear and slapped it on to a belt lmao.

Crowd were not best pleased either, chanting that the belt looked awful throughout the Rollins and Balor which took a way from the match sadly because objectively it was great.

I understand their frustrations though because it does look horrible.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Yeah would love to see Legacy fame Orton against Lesnar in no DQ match

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Looks like the interior of an old jaguar with some gold plated shit thrown on top
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:50 pm

I have no hope for a competitive match with Lesnar ever again tbh, last night was about as competitive as I could hope for lol.

The days of the CM Punk match where both guys look strong are over with Lesnar sadly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Finn Balor's crowning moment of winning the Universal title over Seth Rollins at SummerSlam may be for naught as he was injured, believed to be from a powerbomb into the barricade spot in the match last night.

The severity of the injury is unknown at this point as he's scheduled for an evaluation today at television but his arm was in a sling and there was fear he would need surgery.

If he's unable to perform for more than a few weeks, it'll require some major overhauls in creative plans since his title was scheduled to
headline all the Raw brand shows.

We will attempt to get updated information on the situation, but if the injury will keep him out of action, it will likely be addressed on Raw later today.

Balor appeared with new WWE Women's Champion Charlotte on today's Good Morning America and was not wearing any type of sling.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next