Jay29
RealGunner
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:41 pm

ES wrote:THat Ziggler promo :bow: :bow:

AJ getting verbal beatdown by Cena as per usual and he can't get a good rebuttal

Eh lol? He let him speak just like how Cena let him speak at the beginning.

You'll notice it ended with AJ calling him a loser and a liar if he beats him so whatever happens I win before dropping the mic and leaving.

That's how promos work, it's supposed to be a back and forth between both guys, don't see how you can say he didn't get anything in.

The only thing about the promo I didn't particularly like was the kids and parents thing but by the end it made sense for what kind of story they are trying to tell.

Honestly the only time they let Cena tee off without a response was the contract signing and it was quite obvious it was done to bait AJ into signing the contract.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Bray will be fine imo, Zigglypuff was due a win over him and he needed it more.

Soon as Bray gets his run going on Smackdown and gets the family back he'll be champ on SmackDown. There's nobody pinning him back now but obviously they're not pushing him yet because Dean has only just became champ and they'll throw a couple of people at him to beat before lining up Bray imo.

He might get in the SS match but no matter who's involved Ambrose is holding that title for a few more defences I reckon.

Agreed and the loss didn't matter really because the night ended with Bray standing tall with the champ and no 1 contender layed out.

Still think Bray gets in this match anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

AJ getting verbal beatdown by Cena as per usual and he can't get a good rebuttal

You'll notice it ended with AJ calling him a loser and a liar if he beats him so whatever happens I win before dropping the mic and leaving.

That's how promos work, it's supposed to be a back and forth between both guys, don't see how you can say he didn't get anything in.

The only thing about the promo I didn't particularly like was the kids and parents thing but by the end it made sense for what kind of story they are trying to tell.

Honestly the only time they let Cena tee off without a response was the contract signing and it was quite obvious it was done to bait AJ into signing the contract.

I didnt say he didnt get anything in, just that he didn't get a good rebuttal
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Cena's promos are so repetetive. He cut the exact same promo on Bryan 3 years back.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:00 pm

ES wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I didnt say he didnt get anything in, just that he didn't get a good rebuttal

I still disagree tbh, also all Cena basically did was pander to the crowd. Didn't really say anything to AJ.

Was weird, although I still enjoyed the promo (AJ sneaking in TNA disses lmao) even if it wasn't as good as Ziggler/Ambrose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Think AJ done fine.

If you seen that Cena shtick for the first time you might feel CenaWonLol

But he's copy pasted that promo like every time he's involved in some heavy mic work where his opponent goes after him.

The worst one is where he brings up his charity work with sick kids, the guy talking to him can't come back from that without risking his career Laughing

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Speaking of Cena.

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/760670046951772160

rofl Bryan lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:35 pm

I love what they're doing with Eva Marie. For me, she can take up as much screen time as she wants as long as she doesn't wrestle. Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Lmao.

Her entrance is good, i'll give her that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:52 pm

I know I already said it but SDL was really good ffs. The 2 hours flew by so fast.

Ambrose's promos go on another level when he's serious. I can't wait for his work when he turns heel.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
The worst one is where he brings up his charity work with sick kids, the guy talking to him can't come back from that without risking his career :lol

I know right Laughing

Worst was when CM Punk used to do his worked shoots and Cena used to bring up match results "WELL THEN WHY DIDNT YOU BECOME WWE CHAMP AND WIN THE MATCH" what the hell was Punk supposed to say "yeah Vince wanted Del Rio to be champion because of the Mexican tour, HHH thought it would be more compelling TV if I was chasing the title and Jamie Noble thought Del Rio pinning me will make the payoff greater when I eventually beat him"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Cena's pandering promos are cancer. He's cut the same promo for the past 5 years ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:01 pm

"I do this for my love of the WWE, jack."

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 4 2hxn5ll
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:04 pm

I like Finn, but man I don't think the guy is able to sell a world title feud on the main roster.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:11 pm

Casciavit wrote:I know I already said it but SDL was really good ffs. The 2 hours flew by so fast.

Ambrose's promos go on another level when he's serious. I can't wait for his work when he turns heel.

They actually made me get invested in this feud Laughing No way i thought that was happening.

Ambrose's " No you're not" had me rolling. As for Smackdown i do think there's potential there to be a good show on a week to week basis, they need to never ever do 6 man pack challenges and battle royals again though lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:16 pm

Casciavit wrote:I like Finn, but man I don't think the guy is able to sell a world title feud on the main roster.

I was actually impressed by him on Monday, I think he improved a lot on the mic. NXT does work as a developmental system, I've noticed improvements in lots of their wrestlers.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:19 pm

Yeah the Balor and Rollins promo was good tbh, i'm not gonna judge Balor's promo work overall until i see him given significant time.

Absolutely impossible to judge from NXT as he was rarely given the sort of promo spots he'll likely have to deal with on Raw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:27 pm

I don't know, for me, he just lacked intensity. His mic skills aren't very good, but neither are Reigns, but Reigns is able to sell a feud because when he says "I'm going to kick your ass" there is a bit of believability to it because he looks like he can. I can't say the same about Balor.

I'll rewatch some his prior mic-work. NXT barely does 5 min promos these days lol. It's been a few busy days fighting the Pep crusades, though.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I'll give it time and then see.

For example when AJ came in and he kept getting interrupted every 5 seconds it was impossible to judge him.

Takes time for WWE to develop character for some reason, again when AJ came in he was the Redneck Rookie Pitbull rofl literally had no character development till the Reigns feud.

I'll give it 3-4 months and then i can judge Balor fully imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Is it me or is Ambrose seems a bit heelish ?

Anyways, i'm intrigued after that great promo from Ziggler
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 pm

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/760670046951772160
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:50 pm

BTW Ziggler cut a great "promo" if you can call it that on the post show on the network called " Talking Smack ".

"After the last couple of years of being irrelevant i had to prove something. Oh that was really cool where Dolph won that one match where i caught AJ off guard, but there's no way he's going to become champion because he hasn't done anything of relevance in two years. That hit home because it's true".

There's more than that but that's the jist of it, you get the sense he actually feels that way too. Promos are always great when the blur the lines of reality and the story you are trying to tell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:32 pm

That's how you build interesting matches in WWE. You have to blur the lines. Rock and HHH used to constantly bury each other on the mic. Punk used to get hate for always breaking kayfabe in his promos, but these days unless you are in a blood feud (group split, streak ending) the only interesting storylines are those that blur the lines of reality.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:01 am

Lmao Matt Hardy is on Jericho's podcast this week completely in character rofl

Keeps calling him Brother Keith rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:18 am

Called Lucha Underground Subterranean Lucha rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:28 am

ES wrote:

Is it me or is Ambrose seems a bit heelish ?

Anyways, i'm intrigued after that great promo from Ziggler

Because it was a heel promo. In the context of the feud he was just trying to light a fire up Ziggler's ass, but he implied he doesn't care what the fans said and was acting very arrogant lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next