Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
juve_gigi
S
83 posters

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:52 pm

The big differences today are as follows:
-  Man U play in a better and far more publicized league
-  Juve play CL this season and Man U is in Europa
-  Man U has far more spending power than Juve
-  In term of superstars, Man U has more superstars
-  In terms of which team is better, I would say Juve until proven otherwise
-  In terms of brand.... that's a hard one.  Depends where.  Juve is a bigger brand in Latin America and Africa no doubt.  It's a draw in the US.  In Asia, Man U is much bigger

In the end, Pogba made the ONLY decision that he could tbh.  Too much money and exposure to refuse Man U.  Juve will be fine in the short term... although Higuain needs to come up big.  Based on his current fitness, Higuain is worrisome.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Let's be honest the real reason outside of money is playing week to week games where teams don't lay down for you.

Juve were unbeaten with every game a win apart from one for like 5-6 months lol, never happens in the PL.

Probably gets boring after a while, you want to be tested. Everyone lays down and accepts defeat against Juve before the game even starts.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dem excuses lol.

"Mentality changed" rofl

No you are just ignorant lol. Stick to that EPL bubble.

You have no idea lol, i have spent more of my life reading history and watching European leagues than i do watching PL.

I just find your excuses funny.

No Mole, you just need to brush up on your history and not use today's context to judge the competitiveness of various leagues/competitions back then. I bet you would call 80s-90s UEFA Cup shit too....

If you had read about Juventus and their history you would know they were a club that prioritized on the league more than anything until the objectives changed. Btw we made a CL final in the 70s but lost. We were unlucky not win some.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Saga is done now, did drag on forever to the point it got dull. On to the next feud now, looking forward to the wars to come against RG, The Vaudepudlians (Unique & McAgger) Small chance for it to reignite if Juve get knocked out of CL groups Proud

As for Pogba, he seems tailor made for the league with dem attributes, I'm pretty hype.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:The big differences today are as follows:
-  Man U play in a better and far more publicized league
-  Juve play CL this season and Man U is in Europa
-  Man U has far more spending power than Juve
-  In term of superstars, Man U has more superstars
-  In terms of which team is better, I would say Juve until proven otherwise
-  In terms of brand.... that's a hard one.  Depends where.  Juve is a bigger brand in Latin America and Africa no doubt.  It's a draw in the US.  In Asia, Man U is much bigger

In the end, Pogba made the ONLY decision that he could tbh.  Too much money and exposure to refuse Man U.  Juve will be fine in the short term... although Higuain needs to come up big.  Based on his current fitness, Higuain is worrisome.

This i can agree with.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Let's be honest the real reason outside of money is playing week to week games where teams don't lay down for you.

Juve were unbeaten with every game a win apart from one for like 5-6 months lol, never happens in the PL.

Probably gets boring after a while, you want to be tested. Everyone lays down and accepts defeat against Juve before the game even starts.

That was a big reason too, although money was the main one.  Every player today has huge respect for the EPL.  The two choices in terms of sports projects are really Madrid/Barca or EPL (the top teams).  Everything else comes second. Not to say Bayern and Juve aren't great teams... but the leagues they play in are not the best.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Can you elaborate how Manchester United has more superstars than Juventus? I would be curious

I also think United is comfortably a bigger brand than Juve

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:59 pm

I don't agree with the Brand, United is a bigger brand comfortably.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Luca wrote:Can you elaborate how Manchester United has more superstars than Juventus? I would be curious

In terms of hype he means i think.

We have the better players but are less hyped.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Luca wrote:Can you elaborate how Manchester United has more superstars than Juventus? I would be curious

Travelled quite a lot in my life.  At least in the places I frequented in Latin America and the US, Juventus was better known.... had to do with Serie A being a bigger league until the mid 2000s.  Now, that may have changed over the past 10 years for the younger generation.  But one generation is not larger than the 2-3 older ones.  

As far as commercial superstars...  Ibra, Pogba and Rooney are huge.  At Juve, you have Buffon and that's pretty much it.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Also shout out to Valkyrja for keeping Pogba as his Avatar and sig two months for absolutely no reason.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Ok i've calmed down. Congrats to Man United on their signing and hope to face them next year in the CL to reignite dem glamorous Man U-Juve ties again Proud

Spoiler:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Let's be honest the real reason outside of money is playing week to week games where teams don't lay down for you.

Nonsense. Are you telling me a player from Bayern would go to Man U because they were bored? Laughing

Juve are comfortably in the same tier as Bayern/Barca/Real even without Pogba. This is Pogba's life and I don't really care what he does but let's not pretend theres any reason other than money here.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Unreal signing.

United confirmed as a top 5 club in Europe again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Cruijf wrote:

Nonsense. Are you telling me a player from Bayern would go to Man U because they were bored? Laughing

Juve are comfortably in the same tier as Bayern/Barca/Real even without Pogba. This is Pogba's life and I don't really care what he does but let's not pretend theres any reason other than money here.

Bayern is different as they don't sell players unless they want to, no matter the offer.

If they did then yes, i could see that happening. As long as they are not German lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:20 pm

A player would give up challenging for the CL because he was bored? I'm sorry I cannot fathom that at all Laughing

It's not like any of these teams are winning trebles every year. Yes the league might be a cakewalk but the CL (which you're always saying is the real metric anyway) is still very tight.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:23 pm

It's not about being bored lol, it's about being challenged on a weekly basis. Professional's don't want to go into every game knowing they are going to win, they like a challenge.

In Italy, most teams are mentally defeated before they step out onto the pitch. Doesn't happen in England regardless of the result as nobody gives a shit about your reputation.

You are delusional if you don't think that's part of his decision, i don't deny the money is the large majority of the reason though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:30 pm

He went for the money , we let him go for the money.

Nowadays cash rules everything.Football has lost loyalty flags like Del Piero , Trezeguet , Totti etc.

Knowing Paul character, he will be happy with all the money and attention he will get there.
Man.U are a commercial giant afterall , like most clubs in England.

But that's all , I doubt this Man.Utd team will have such a huge and direct impact such as to win the PL and Europa League.

It's sad to see players go to play in second hand competitions for money.
I wouldn't say second hand teams but I'm affraid this "project" will fail.
The SAF era wont be repeated anytime soon and not with Mourinho for sure.

With all the competition coming from other big name and actually better coaches, Mourinhos nerves along with Pogbas and Zlatans will break down too soon to even have a chance.

Good Luck Paul , you will need lots of it Sad
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not about being bored lol, it's about being challenged on a weekly basis. Professional's don't want to go into every game knowing they are going to win, they like a challenge.

In Italy, most teams are mentally defeated before they step out onto the pitch. Doesn't happen in England regardless of the result as nobody gives a shit about your reputation.

You are delusional if you don't think that's part of his decision, i don't deny the money is the large majority of the reason though.

They want to be challenged but not at such a large expense in success. Man U has no chance of winning the CL anytime soon, whereas as Juve has a very good chance of winning it this year. What this move proves to me is just that Pogba doesn't really care about football.

Like I said Bayern has it even easier than Juve but you don't see any of their players asking for transfers to the EPL "to be challenged" Laughing

It's completely 100% about money, no doubt about it.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:44 pm

I didn't know it was such a mystery that Serie A is no longer an elite league and that they cannot afford to sign or keep superstars.

Isn't Higuain the biggest star in Serie A other than Buffon?  That's really all you need to know.  
Let's be real here.  Serie A fans need to face reality... which i thought they had tbh Laughing It's not even a very attacking league, which is a secondary consideration. I mean a lot of young players choose Dortmund and Bundi in general because of the open style of play. In Serie A, style is slow and you have Juve + the 19 dwarves.

I'll also add that Juve fans are also going overboard with where they stand as a club. 2 QFs (2006 and 2013) and 1 final (2015) over the last 10 years in CL doesn't make you a European powerhouse. In that span, MU won a CL, made 2 finals, 1 semi and 2 QFs.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not about being bored lol, it's about being challenged on a weekly basis. Professional's don't want to go into every game knowing they are going to win, they like a challenge.

They want to be challenged but not at such a large expense in success. Man U has no chance of winning the CL anytime soon,

This is the problem with most football fans, they are so short sighted.

How do you know that? with the money they have and the players they have already signed there's no reason they can't qualify this season and be a threat next season.

Nobody thought Juve would get to the final when they did when the season started, it's not outside the realms of possibility at all.

Pogba is thinking long term here and the long term says Man Yoo will get a lot better very quickly, need to stop thinking about how bad/good they are now and instead think about where they could be.

That's how footballers think, these a ceiling in Italy that doesn't exist in England ( especially with Man Yoo) Honestly he probably thought he achieved all he could and it's hard to disagree with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Compared to Higuain deal, this is the bargain of the century. :bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Cruijf wrote:

They want to be challenged but not at such a large expense in success. Man U has no chance of winning the CL anytime soon,

This is the problem with most football fans, they are so short sighted.

How do you know that? with the money they have and the players they have already signed there's no reason they can't qualify this season and be a threat next season.

Nobody thought Juve would get to the final when they did when the season started, it's not outside the realms of possibility at all.

Pogba is thinking long term here and the long term says Man Yoo will get a lot better very quickly, need to stop thinking about how bad/good they are now and instead think about where they could be.

That's how footballers think, these a ceiling in Italy that doesn't exist in England ( especially with Man Yoo) Honestly he probably thought he achieved all he could and it's hard to disagree with it.

What exactly changed? Man U have always had this money and have always been spending it, that hasn't stopped them from being rubbish for awhile. The last time they did anything of note in the CL was 10-11 ffs Laughing

And what exactly is so special about these signings? Ibra is a one year temporary thing a la RVP, and the rest of there team barring Pogba is very very average. Until the clowns in charge of their transfers leave it won't matter how much money they have because they'll continue to waste it.

Yes football is unpredictable and Man U might challenge for the CL in a few seasons or even next season. But don't tell me Pogba is some visionary and is doing this because he knows Man U will be better than Juve soon Laughing

If you look at Man U and Juve now, you see one team that is in the top tier of football clubs in the world and could easily win the CL. The other team has the likes of Fellaini and Rooney starting and has Blind as a center back Laughing

If you are willing to take such a big step down, you are sacrificing footballing success in favor of money. Which again I couldn't care less about but let's call it like it is.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Nope. You are brainwashed if you think that's part of the reason.

'Being challenged every week' in PL in contrary to other leagues Laughing

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 pm

For all the money they have spent they always looked decidely average even on paper.

That isn't the case anymore, i can't help you if you think this is the same lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:05 pm

Bad "for a while" means exactly 3 years. SAF retired at the end of 2012-2013.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next