Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
juve_gigi
S
83 posters

Page 14 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 14 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by nasir6371 Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:12 pm

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 14 3708A02C00000578-0-image-m-97_1470746581484

WTF why does he have a body double, to test hair cuts on? rofl

nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 14 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by rincon Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:15 pm

We are not behind Altetico, or any of them, we are not ahead of them either. Any of these teams could very realistically win.

These past 2 years we've drawn and lost to Atleti, beat and drawn Real, lost to Barca, and drawn Bayern twice. And we've been getting better. Its a mix of very close games and teams where anyone can come out on top.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:24 pm

ES wrote:

rofl rofl @ the disrespect. Poor choice of words.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:You are looking at quotes outside of context.  Here's the exact question and his answer:

Q:  Paul, welcome back to Manchester United. How do you sum up your emotions right now?

A:  There’s no words, to be honest, there’s no words. I just came back to Carrington. It was like I’d just come back home. I just went for a holiday, looks like I went for a holiday. I’ve come back home, I’m happy and I see everyone, the same persons. It’s just a great feeling, to be honest.

He's not intending to take swipe at Juve.  He's going back to his youth club and he's seeing all the people he grew up with.  So he feels like he's coming back home after a long vacation.

I felt the same way when I spent over 20 years in the US and then I went home back to France where I grew up... I felt like I had gone on a long adventure and then come back home.

He's just being real.

Good post. Puts it into perspective. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Firenze wrote:Also, I don't know why people are getting touchy, am I wrong when I say that the big CL teams aren't gonna sweat over seeing a midfield lineup consisting of Pjanic - Khedira - Marchisio? It looks good but nothing like dat prime lineup of a couple of seasons ago.

Every other area of the field is better though and the midfield isn't as weakened as people think. I'm not sure why Marchisio is consistently so underrated but he's fantastic, Khedira had a solid first season with Juventus and Pjanic has been a top CM in Serie A for several seasons.

On top of that we have depth in the defense like never before, we played against Bayern this year with several key players out and we even played against Barcelona in the final without Chiellini- which is really important.

On the wings we now have Dani Alves and Lichtsteiner on one side, Alex Sandro and Evra on the other -> definitely an increase in quality.

Up front we have Higuain and Dybala with a third quality striker like Mandzukic in rotation and a young promising attacker in Pjaca.

Why should we swallow this BS that our team is weaker or has less ability to compete? I don't think it could be further from the truth. Even if we slightly weakened our midfield, we've improved every other position -> this, for some odd reason, is a difficult concept to grasp or it is being intentionally dismissed in order to discredit the team as a whole.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:12 pm

7th
4th
5th

League table positions of the last 3 yrs for United. Juventus fans claiming their team can launch a CL challenge isnt any worse than Man United fans boasting about how they're pl challengers and beating your chest about how you're going to win CL before Juventus do.

Newsflash: You have been irrelevant in Europe for half a decade. You couldn't even beat EL teams with all your superstar players. Heck you have been irrelevant in England for the last 3 yrs and now you're coming here claiming you'll win pl when a single hasn't been kicked ? STFU.  This is the same kind of arrogance I saw when you signed Di Maria and Falcao and yet you achieved shit. When a single game hasn't been played you don't have any stake in claiming you'll win the league and at the same time laughing at Juventus supporters for being optimistic about the CL. Heck, we made a final 2 yrs ago and went for toe to toe with the best teams in the world in the last few seasons so there is at least some ground in talking about a CL challenge unlike United who have done zilch.

So pipe down before making such lofty claims while bashing other fans for doing the same.

And ignore that nutcase sportsczy. He will even defend Pogba if he were to become a ISIS fighter tomorrow as long as he has French passport of course. And then he's going to brag about his 'trolling'  on another forum and claim Juve fans to be insecure while in reality he's been insecure all this while about his money grubbing French African mercenaries. Look in the mirror before calling anyone insecure.

Few years ago it was not me that cried like a little girl about mod rules, went  to another forum and then came back unsurprisingly and you call us insecure ?  Can you guess who's taking all this a bit too seriously ?  

I've tried to make peace with this guy but to no avail. Blocked.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Surag killin' everybody right now
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Its not about the GL belt anymore. This time its personal

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 14 Triple-h-angry
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Surag, capitano Proud

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:30 pm

For all this talk of midfield weakening we already have a black, blonde haired, french box-to-box replacement :coffee:

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 14 Mario_lemina_juventus_2
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:30 pm

S wrote:Newsflash: You have been irrelevant in Europe for half a decade.

Please S, try again. I can remember a very balanced tie against Real Madrid in 2013 (when we all know that "the better team lost that day" because the ref fkd up) and in 2014 we played Bayern in QF.

However, I agree with you that it is irrelevant considering how Man United used to be before.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:33 pm

If you think the last 3 years are anything like this season you are incredibly delusional.

For starters, for all the money spent those teams had a lot of holes. This team doesn't have many, the only ones you can really argue maybe are RB and Rooney lol.

When Di Maria was there they played him about 5 different positions because they had no idea how to use him effectively and cover the teams weaknesses.

Ibra and Falcao are different because Ibra is still effective at the top level, Falcao simply hasn't been since his ACL injury.

You can say all that stuff about Juve and it's true but the mere idea that playing Daley Blind and Di Maria in central midfield in a 352 is comparable to this is *bleep* hilarious, short sighted and quite frankly completely missing the point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Started typing out a counter post but realized I'd just keep repeating what I've been saying all along and we'll keep going in circles, despite half of your post being pure BS. I will say though that I haven't said Utd will win the PL title (outside of the predictions thread, which is meaningless, I've actually made comments that other teams will finish ahead of us, our objective is top 3 minimum first season) BUT Utd winning the PL is far more realistic than Juventus winning the CL. We have the quality throughout the squad to compete and more importantly a manager that is proven at the top lvl. There aren't any teams that are clearly superior to us on paper like there are in the CL for Juve. STFU acting like you're some CL giants when you haven't done shit outside of make a final once in the last forever.

So cool story Surag. You keep building up top lvl players, bigger teams will keep buying them. See you next season.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Pogba isn't going to make you relevant again rofl

Just a reminder, this is what a world-class midfield player looks like :

inb4 sports he isn't big, strong and fast Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:36 pm

rincon wrote:For all this talk of midfield weakening we already have a black, blonde haired, french box-to-box replacement :coffee:

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 14 Mario_lemina_juventus_2

*Gabonese

Pls don't mention 'French' again pls.

Hope Juve can avoid buying French players.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Pogba isn't going to make you relevant again rofl

Who said this? Shocked
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Pogba isn't going to make you relevant again

Pogba is going to bench Fellaini so I beg to differ Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Actually, I think if Man U keeps this up and signs Galacticos every season they might even become a bigger club than Madrid.

It sounds impossible but EPL has more appeal than La Liga does. It's a matter of time before it happens.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:40 pm

guest7 wrote:Actually, I think if Man U keeps this up and signs Galacticos every season they might even become a bigger club than Madrid.

It sounds impossible but EPL has more appeal than La Liga does. It's a matter of time before it happens.

Don't push it. smoking
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:42 pm

not sure if srs, Madrid will always have the money to compete and more importantly is the most attractive destination for players and I can't see that changing for decades. Not to mention Living in Spain > England. Unless you mean strictly in a brand sense, in which case you could probably argue we already are. But that doesn't win you the CL.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 14 Popcorn-blank
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Firenze wrote:Started typing out a counter post but realized I'd just keep repeating what I've been saying all along and we'll keep going in circles, despite half of your post being pure BS. I will say though that I haven't said Utd will win the PL title (outside of the predictions thread, which is meaningless, I've actually made comments that other teams will finish ahead of us, our objective is top 3 minimum first season) BUT Utd winning the PL is far more realistic than Juventus winning the CL. We have the quality throughout the squad to compete and more importantly a manager that is proven at the top lvl. There aren't any teams that are clearly superior to us on paper like there are in the CL for Juve. STFU acting like you're some CL giants when you haven't done shit outside of make a final once in the last forever.

So cool story Surag. You keep building up top lvl players, bigger teams will keep buying them. See you next season.

1 year is going to make a world of difference.

In that span, we are in the Champions league while you are in the Europa league .

We'll be competing against elite teams while you'll be competing against overhyped fodder in the league.

We'll reach the CL top 4 while you'll find yourselves scraping towards the epl top 4.

STFU
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:44 pm

In the end Juve is just a Holiday Club, as Pogba puts it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:46 pm

That would make Milan the resort you avoid because the ice cubes would give you hepatitis

Juventus 5 star all inclusive right near the beach resort>>>>

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Idk the English language is easier, in my head England sounds better to live in than Spain. But maybe not for latin american countries and Portugal etc.

You can't deny the EPL is getting huge right now. This season is probably going to be one of the most watched ever if I predict it. I usually don't watch Premier League but this season I will
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:50 pm

As if Milan can afford ice cubes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next