Sushi Master
Pedram
Ganso
Lord Awesome
JuvenelCuore
The BoyWonder
10 posters

Go down

Should Brazil really have fired Dunga? Empty Should Brazil really have fired Dunga?

Post by The BoyWonder Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Won all trophies in his stint as a Brazil coach, all except the World Cup, and I believe had Melo not had a bad game that day Brazil would have gone to the WOrld Cup final and even beaten Spain. Dunga's team was ruthless, not pretty to watch, but damn effective.

I think Brazil FA should have given him more time, i mean it was not his fault Brazil lost to Holland. Brazil was leading until some potato named Melo decided to wear his Juve shirt.

Brazil with Dunga would have done better than this....

lemme know what u think

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Should Brazil really have fired Dunga? Empty Re: Should Brazil really have fired Dunga?

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:43 pm

I also think that the World Cup in 2010 did no team, bar a few, any favors in terms of increasing their reputation. It was not like all teams did well, but rather, a majority flopped such as Italia, France, Brazil, etc. and I do not feel that it is right to blame Dunga and use him as a scapegoat.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Should Brazil really have fired Dunga? Empty Re: Should Brazil really have fired Dunga?

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:47 pm

I also believe Dunga would be doing better than Menezes at this point.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:47 pm

What France did wasn't a "flop". If i were to describe it in my own words, i'd get banned from this site.

Let's just say Domenech got off easy... if it were up to me, some french revolution methods would've been used when he returned to France. Players were not much better. But he instigated the whole thing.

As far as the topic... i liked Dunga too. But every Brazilian fan i've spoken to hates him with a passion. It's interesting actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:What France did wasn't a "flop". If i were to describe it in my own words, i'd get banned from this site.

Let's just say Domenech got off easy... if it were up to me, some french revolution methods would've been used when he returned to France. Players were not much better. But he instigated the whole thing.

As far as the topic... i liked Dunga too. But every Brazilian fan i've spoken to hates him with a passion. It's interesting actually.

Whatever the reason, there was a commonality between a lot of the big teams which was essentially that most of them performed under-par, each according to their own standards. I mean, Brazil did pretty well but to their standards, they flopped.

And let us not forget Italia and France were in the final in 2006, yet in 2010 we were out at group stages. That is what I am saying though, you cannot judge a team or coach for that matter based on 2010.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:55 pm

France NT has gone from WC winner to flop to WC Final to flop... i think we make the final again in 2014 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:06 pm

yes,awful coach.lived through luck
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Brazil need to find an European coach. stop being nationalism FFS.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 pm

El Pipita wrote:Brazil need to find an European coach. stop being nationalism FFS.
we have always used brazilian coaches and we have always won.just because we lost a competition doesnt require drastic changes.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:14 pm

El Pipita wrote:Brazil need to find an European coach. stop being nationalism FFS.
Dunga was pretty much an European coach in terms of style.

Brazil and fugly football don't match.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Ganso wrote:
we have always used brazilian coaches and we have always won.just because we lost a competition doesnt require drastic changes.

At the moment there are a few Brazilian coach who can lead this team to success.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:36 pm

People hated dunga because he made brazil play emphasizing defending and counter attacking. Not the samba and flair all Brazilians were familiar with.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:36 pm

El Pipita wrote:
Ganso wrote:

At the moment there are a few Brazilian coach who can lead this team to success.
there are coaches available.I want muricy,he won the Sereie a last year with fluminense and won the libertadores this year with santos.Hes very european style .
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Dunga > Menezes
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:People hated dunga because he made brazil play emphasizing defending and counter attacking. Not the samba and flair all Brazilians were familiar with.
not just that,we hated his call ups and the way he treated the media,the players and the fans.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Ganso wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:People hated dunga because he made brazil play emphasizing defending and counter attacking. Not the samba and flair all Brazilians were familiar with.
not just that,we hated his call ups and the way he treated the media,the players and the fans.
I know right? no pato Crying or Very sad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 pm

I think Dunga's team at least at the Confederations Cup and at the World Cup, played more beautiful football than this Menezes' side. It felt like a chore watching Brazil play last night, there was no coordination in their play, they really lack technical direction.

The excuse has always been the same, they are rebuilding, that was similar to the excuse the FFA gave for keeping Domenech after his horrific showing at Euro 2008 where France was knocked out in the first round. They still kept him while they toiled to qualify for the World Cup 2010, requiring a hand ball half assist from Henry before beating Ireland in playoffs. It blew right in their face at the world cup and in my opinion it served the FFA right, Domenech outlived his dismissal by at least 2 years and the results was devastating to French football.

National teams are not clubs, a coach is supposed to pick the best available material and make the most of them. You don't create team chemistry in a national team by assembling a bunch of half baked youngsters and expecting them to deliver on the big occasion. Too bad Argentina and Brazil might be going the French direction, continuity in coaching is not a guarantee of success.

Dunga was wrongfully fired in my opinion, he didn't play badly in the World Cup and his took the lead against the Netherlands and actually played better than them on the night, Melo and a few other players really disappointed him.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:55 pm

buddytaller wrote:I think Dunga's team at least at the Confederations Cup and at the World Cup, played more beautiful football than this Menezes' side. It felt like a chore watching Brazil play last night, there was no coordination in their play, they really lack technical direction.

The excuse has always been the same, they are rebuilding, that was similar to the excuse the FFA gave for keeping Domenech after his horrific showing at Euro 2008 where France was knocked out in the first round. They still kept him while they toiled to qualify for the World Cup 2010, requiring a hand ball half assist from Henry before beating Ireland in playoffs. It blew right in their face at the world cup and in my opinion it served the FFA right, Domenech outlived his dismissal by at least 2 years and the results was devastating to French football.

National teams are not clubs, a coach is supposed to pick the best available material and make the most of them. You don't create team chemistry in a national team by assembling a bunch of half baked youngsters and expecting them to deliver on the big occasion. Too bad Argentina and Brazil might be going the French direction, continuity in coaching is not a guarantee of success.

Dunga was wrongfully fired in my opinion, he didn't play badly in the World Cup and his took the lead against the Netherlands and actually played better than them on the night, Melo and a few other players really disappointed him.
well we werent expecting the Copa America trophy.And this is not any rebuilding,we are pretty much starting a lot of inexperienced players(mainly in attack)players who didnt even go to europe yet.We just want them to get experience,specially when we were playing at the enemy's home.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Ganso wrote:well we werent expecting the Copa America trophy.And this is not any rebuilding,we are pretty much starting a lot of inexperienced players(mainly in attack)players who didnt even go to europe yet.We just want them to get experience,specially when we were playing at the enemy's home.

They can gain that experience at their club sides, the logic of trying out youngsters doesn't make sense when you send Fred, Lucio and Maicon to the tournament. It's just a lame excuse for losing in my opinion.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:57 am

Ganso wrote:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum