danyjr
windkick
Lucifer
Donuts
Myesyats
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Supercopa de Espana: Sevilla Vs Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Supercopa de Espana: Sevilla Vs Barcelona

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:38 am

Myesyats wrote:Dude played a huge role in 2 of the 3 goals but yeah he did nothing of merit. Great jokes keep them coming

0 dribles, 0 key passes and he squandered a very good opportunity with a very bad shot. That was his offensive baggage. Defensively he did what he can given that he is so slow and not a very good defender. And had a good game keeping and distributing the ball around, something all our midfielders can do.

A simple pass to Messi is not a great contribution at anything.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Supercopa de Espana: Sevilla Vs Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Supercopa de Espana: Sevilla Vs Barcelona

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:51 am

He was our most active midfielder (most touches) with highest passing accuracy (yes, higher than Busquets). It was his first full 90 mins and he felt right at home.

Collblanc wrote:Supercopa de Espana: Sevilla Vs Barcelona - Page 3 UYwdmXI

Supercopa de Espana: Sevilla Vs Barcelona - Page 3 Giphy

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:08 pm

free_cat wrote:Gomes did nothing of merit vs. Sevilla. He looked scared to risk it and unsure on what to do. Which is normal. But he doesn't have anything special and he is slow as a turtle when going backwards.

Agree with this tbh, he was scared to do anything with the ball, always releasing it as soon as he got it. Poor man's Rako? hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Myesyats wrote:He was our most active midfielder (most touches) with highest passing accuracy (yes, higher than Busquets). It was his first full 90 mins and he felt right at home.

Collblanc wrote:Supercopa de Espana: Sevilla Vs Barcelona - Page 3 UYwdmXI

Oh, look, several gifs with gomes passing the ball to his closest man, and one last gif where he does a good move. I stand corrected, he was the shit. Laughing :facepalm:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:05 pm

danyjr wrote:
free_cat wrote:Gomes did nothing of merit vs. Sevilla. He looked scared to risk it and unsure on what to do. Which is normal. But he doesn't have anything special and he is slow as a turtle when going backwards.

Agree with this tbh, he was scared to do anything with the ball, always releasing it as soon as he got it. Poor man's Rako? hmm

When I made my first assessment I was going to say just that. Then I thought it wasn't accurate as Gomes' main atribute is dribling, while Rakitic is not very good at it. However, I'm not sure it's such a bad comparison given that Rakitic can drible much more but he doesn't try, because he knows we have better players, and he is obviously better at anything else to Gomes.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:46 pm

free_cat wrote:
Oh, look, several gifs with gomes passing the ball to his closest man, and one last gif where he does a good move. I stand corrected, he was the shit. Laughing :facepalm:

Why are you being such an asshole? What did he have to do to earn merit from you? Dribble past the whole Sevilla team and score a Messi-esque chip over the keeper?

Give me a break. His task was to distribute the ball and so he did.

According to you he looked like he didn't know what to do and was afraid to take risks. After re-watching his highlights I come to a conclusion that you simply cannot judge a player, especially that it was his first full game at the club (which is also why you jumped into conclusion regarding De Bruyne in his first season in a new leauge Proud).

Rakitic is better at anything else to Gomes? I think you meant to say "than Gomes" but alright. After ONE (1!) game you have your opinion on the player and, knowing you, it won't change even if he scores a hattrick every game. Because you're blind and biased, that's why.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:50 pm

After one game, like Gomes hasn't played 3 seasons in La Liga without being anything other than OK....
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:00 pm

He was 19-21 years old in those 3 years at Valencia. Did you expect him to take the leauge by storm? He's no Iniesta but he's quality, he's young and will only improve.

Dude. We sign 30 year old Mathieu- you go ape shit.

We sign 28 year old Arda- you go ape shit.

We sign 22 year old promising midfielder- you put a X on his name from the start and bash him for playing a good game.

I don't have the energy to find every nonsense post you made but I'm sure you didn't rate ter Stegen either, Bravo aswell if i'm not mistaken or Lucho's decision to put Roberto at RB...

If you don't like the players nowadays just go on youtube and rewatch all 10-11 season games over and over and stop spouting BS.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Myesyats wrote:He was 19-21 years old in those 3 years at Valencia. Did you expect him to take the leauge by storm? He's no Iniesta but he's quality, he's young and will only improve.

Dude. We sign 30 year old Mathieu- you go ape shit.

We sign 28 year old Arda- you go ape shit.

We sign 22 year old promising midfielder- you put a X on his name from the start and bash him for playing a good game.

I don't have the energy to find every nonsense post you made but I'm sure you didn't rate ter Stegen either, Bravo aswell if i'm not mistaken or Lucho's decision to put Roberto at RB...

If you don't like the players nowadays just go on youtube and rewatch all 10-11 season games over and over and stop spouting BS.

Because they are ape shit. Arda and Mathieu.

I loved most of the signings we made the first Lucho season: Rakitic, Ter Stegen, suarez of course. Bravo and Mathieu not so much, but ok.

Just invent what you want, I liked Roberto at RB from day 1.

Gomes I would like him if he had a reasonable price and we didn't have already enough good (better than him) midfielders. When I think we could have added Pogba to our midfield... oh well.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:56 pm

I don't think we made bad decision by taking a raincheck on 100 million b2b MF. Even if we could afford him the main problem is his salary. Club won't pay 23 year old MF salary similar to Messi or Neymar.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3