I was in an accident and got retrograde amnesia. My memory has wiped the last 8 seasons.

+29
VivaStPauli
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
Curtinho
rincon
Luca
Doc
Pedram
Sushi Master
RealGunner
Unique
Bellabong
Valkyrja
Lucifer
Vlad the Impaler
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
M99
Kebab
juve_gigi
Nishankly
Harmonica
nasir6371
VanDeezNuts
futbol
Glory
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
McAgger
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I was in an accident and got retrograde amnesia. My memory has wiped the last 8 seasons. - Page 2 Empty Re: I was in an accident and got retrograde amnesia. My memory has wiped the last 8 seasons.

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Kebab wrote:Because luck doesnt work in 38 games.
Compared to 3 knock out stages in CL.
Only CL=overrated
Liga+CL =deserved

truth bombs dropped

also

WOOT WOOT

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

I was in an accident and got retrograde amnesia. My memory has wiped the last 8 seasons. - Page 2 Empty Re: I was in an accident and got retrograde amnesia. My memory has wiped the last 8 seasons.

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Preparing to post in this thread:

I was in an accident and got retrograde amnesia. My memory has wiped the last 8 seasons. - Page 2 Best-family-guy-gifs-cheetos
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:04 pm

I'm sure you actually have a better sofa Vlad.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:05 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Freeza wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Trolling the Champions League winners. This must be a new low in trolling... Cool

It's just a Champions League trophy. Even Liverpool has one.

Even Aston Villa, Hamburg, Feyenoord, Celtic, PSV, Steaua Buceresti, Red Star Belgrade and Marseille have one. So I guess the trophy is pretty much meaningless..

Those don't count though. Since Madrid had bought 5 of those trophies. Only since 1992. Jiopsi told me so.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:08 pm

Agreed if it happened before I was born it doesn't count imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Kebab wrote:Because luck doesnt work in 38 games.
Compared to 3 knock out stages in CL.
Only CL=overrated
Liga+CL =deserved

truth bombs dropped

also

WOOT WOOT
this is reality. After spending vacation in group stages you have to win 3 games to win CL. And in those 3 games you dont even have the same opponents. Luck choices it. Liga+CL winner is the true champion of the world
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Yeah Kebab. I get it and I agree.

You need real men to be the best over 38 games, that's why RM struggles to win the leauge.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:17 pm

La Liga trophies:

Real Madrid - 32
Barcelona - 24

Champions League trophies:

Real Madrid - 11
Barcelona 5

:fishing:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Agreed if it happened before I was born it doesn't count imo.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Myesyats wrote:Yeah Kebab. I get it and I agree.

You need real men to be the best over 38 games, that's why RM struggles to win the leauge.

I thought it was because Barca had the greatest player of all time.

Well, I can be wrong.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm sure you actually have a better sofa Vlad.

I have black dots on my skin and 3D glasses on. This is the essence of what matters. The rest is from the supplier's stock, so it's not my merit. Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Freeza wrote:

Well, I can be wrong.

I'm sure according to a large part of Madrid's fanbase Ronaldo is the greatest of all time. Definitely debatable.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Well, I can be wrong.

I'm sure according to a large part of Madrid's fanbase Ronaldo is the greatest of all time. Definitely debatable.

Probably the same people who call Ramos the greatest defender in the world.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Well, I can be wrong.

PELE - "Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi.  At the moment the best player in the world is Ronaldo. I admire him, if I had to set up a national team he would be my first pick. But in the meantime I feel sorry because today and the last five years, you just mention two big stars. Some years ago, you had a lot of players."

Kommander...  Molenation
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Actually Pele is the last guy I'd go to for an opinion on that matter despite having been such a great athlete...

Also:

Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi is Pele's 'favourite player'

Pele has named Lionel Messi at the top of his list of all-time best players, ahead of Diego Maradona, while saying he was almost brought to tears by Brazil's World Cup defeat to Germany two years ago.

from ESPN

hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:38 pm

Let's stop this particular train of thought before it leaves the station
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm getting on that train dawg and there's no stopping it I tell ya
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Myesyats wrote:Actually Pele is the last guy I'd go to for an opinion on that matter despite having been such a great athlete...

Also:

Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi is Pele's 'favourite player'

Pele has named Lionel Messi at the top of his list of all-time best players, ahead of Diego Maradona, while saying he was almost brought to tears by Brazil's World Cup defeat to Germany two years ago.

from ESPN

hmm

Brazil legend Pele claims he's never seen ANYONE as good as he was in his prime...

The 75-year-old admitted Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the best players of their generation but refused to say either is the best ever...

Three-time World Cup winner Pele claims he has never seen a footballer play as well as he did in his pomp.

The Brazil legend still thinks of himself as the greatest footballer of all-time, despite the astonishing achievements of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi over the past decade.

Asked by Spanish publication Marca if there had ever been a better player than him, Pele was unerring with his response.

"Please forgive my lack of modesty, but I've never seen a player as good as Pele was in 1970," the 75-year-old said.

However, Pele did give Ronaldo and Messi some credit, saying they are the best players of the current era.

:coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:07 pm

The thread got boring very fast.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Alright, I've had enough.

I summon Harmonica.

To provide all the data we need to prove that Messi is the BEST. DIE BESTE. JEST KURWA NAJLEPSZY.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:23 pm

Myesyats wrote:Alright, I've had enough.

I summon Harmonica.

To provide all the data we need to prove that Messi is the BEST. DIE BESTE. JEST KURWA NAJLEPSZY.

Ok, I surrender. You win...

Even the slight threat of HARMONICA derailing this thread with his whoscored charts has me shivering in my sheets...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:27 pm

I accept your apology. (:

Aaand... I think for the sake of health of GL members this thread should be taken down ASAP.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Sevilla are less defensively solid than Villarreal, worse offensively and pressing wise than Dortmund, and they don't keep possession as well as LVG's philosophy.

Might as well give us the trophy right now. It's gonna get ugly.

Klopp Revolution is upon us.

Poor guy. Guess it's not amnesia, maybe straight madness
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:54 pm

League is about consistency; Tournaments are about performing in high pressure situations; both are praiseworthy.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Freeza wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Trolling the Champions League winners. This must be a new low in trolling... Cool

It's just a Champions League trophy. Even Liverpool has one.

5 :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Let me try and bring some seriousness to this topic.

I think this is the first time in years where Perez hasn't interfered with transfers and is allowing Zidane to build the team in his image. Madrid haven't gone in for any 'galactico' and they have tried to focus on their weaknesses and are building the team from last season which was a successful campaign however lacked in the league due to some turbulent times early on under Rafa.

Therefore it's interesting to see how Madrid do in the league this season. Chemistry won't be a problem as the team is pretty much the same with 2-3 squad additions. They could sign another defender to cover LB which would only help. Asensio might prove to be the spark James failed to be when they needed one.

However the issue is that it's really difficult for any team to win La Liga till Messi either leaves or retires or declines. Only 2 teams have actually won La liga outside barca in 8 years. Both seasons where Messi wasn't at his best or was injured (think ratregas sabotaged one of the seasons).

Barca are favourites to go into this season but Atletico will be there and so will madrid as always. It will require unreal consistency for Madrid to get the upper hand. Big big task for Zidane.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next