Casciavit
rincon
Vlad the Impaler
Kaladin
dostoevsky
35 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 11 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Definitely realistic, man. And logical, too.

Look:

1. Despite our terribly incomplete, miserable squad, we finished sixth last season.

2. We have strengthened insanely, Napoli and Roma haven't (if anything, Roma just lost its incredible centerback and may end up weaker than last year). And let's not talk about yhe pillaged Atlanta; picked apart by the Milanese clubs and Juve.

3. We are not done.

Cold, objective logic puts 1, 2, and 3 together and concludes that there's no way in hell we are gonna finish lower than fourth.

How can one replace Sosa with Biglia, or Vangioni with Conti, and become worse? Exactly: one can't.

So, it's gonna be fine.

IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 11 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Dante Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:53 pm

oh definitely. We will finish in the top 4 , i am not doubting that at all. Just saying , it might take a while to actually start winning stuff again , not gonna happen from one day to the next.. but yes , we are indeed getting there

In any case , as far as CL participation goes , 4th place is the least we will manage this season .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Sosa agent derails Milan exit?

Jose Sosa’s agent has reportedly derailed the Milan midfielder’s proposed move to Antalyaspor by requesting a €5m salary.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, the Turkish side had agreed a €6m fee with Milan for Sosa but were put off by the agent’s “provocatively” high demands.

The website adds the 32-year-old intends to stay at San Siro for one more season, with his contract due to expire next summer.

Sosa joined Milan last year from Besiktas in a €7.5m deal but made just 19 appearances for the Rossoneri in 2016-17.

k....

I hope this was about Sosa not wanting to play anywhere in Turkey again , i mean it's certainly this but , he better not ask for funny stuff if another team from elsewhere asks for him .  

sigh... let's hope a team that he may approve of asks for him . Surely there will be some club from Serie A , Bundesliga or La Liga that may want him for their midtable purposes. 5m-6m is indeed a very fair price . I won't lose any sleep if he stays for depth , but i'd prefer someone more interesting , Sosa is a really boring player , bereft of hunger and imagination for being an AM. One of the most mechanical AMs i've seen .

__

In other news , Antonio Donnarumma is set to complete his medicals by tomorrow or something , his club released an official statement confirming he's leaving for Milan . So it was all true after all , we will sign his brother too .

After Kaka's brother Digao

After Seedorf's brother Chedric

After all of Aubameyang's brothers , don't even remember how many they were

Antonio Donnarumma is here

Traditions... Galliani would be proud Proud

Gigio will likely sign very soon i'd imagine . I can only hope all that shite was worth it.

___

On Biglia , we are reportedly still very close to the player , himself confirming he doesn't know if he will be starting the pre season with Lazio . Eagearly awaiting for breaking news. That's the THIRD day since Conti , i really don't understand what takes them so long . You don't think they actually rest , do you?

Anyway i expect Biglia by tonight , we've been patient enough i think
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi, it’s been a long time since i last posted and it’s really great to see some familiar posters still around...
there are some thoughts i’d like to share with you guys on the upcoming season, our new signings, possible set-ups, etc.

our signings so far are musacchio, riro, andre, conti, kessie, calha, borini

first off, i don’t know anything about andre and musacchio other than that andre has only one full season as a professional under his belt and is hyped as the new pauleta – anyone who’s seen him play regularly and able to make an assessment, preferably an elaborate one? would be much appreciated - while musacchio has probably had the same amount of thigh injuries as pato. they seem like gambles to me, yet i hope and trust our board to have made the right calls with signing these two.
as for borini, i don’t think there is much to say, versatile and good to have for depth i guess.
i haven’t seen enough of kessie to really form an opinion but what i’ve seen of him was impressive: good athleticism, tactically sound, very good work ethic and technique... i’m not sure what his best position may be though, but his skill set and young age will surely allow him to become a very good mediano, centrale or mezzala. even though i think he’s a good acquisiton and may surprise us instantly, my expectations are rather low and i imagine he will be in and out of our starting 11 throughout the season.
then there are riro, calha and conti. admittedly i haven’t seen a lot of conti – maybe 6 matches with atalanta and 3 at the u21 european championship – yet in all these matches he was outstanding or even best on the pitch. there is little doubt in my mind and i think he’ll be a success for us.
i sure am not the only to think this way, having read your comments, however i am honestly surprised that calha and riro seem to be not rated that much if at all. i mean what conti has shown last season, riro’s been doing for 4 or 5 years now – skeptics bring up his last season which they describe as underwhelming or even bad yet ignoring the fact that for a big part of the season he’s been deployed as a cb - even in that unfamiliar new role he was decent at the very least while playing for an abysmal wolfsburg team. excellent signing in my opinion, and finally we have two fullbacks who have a lot to offer offensively (antonelli was injured way too often).
regarding calha: reading some comments, i wonder whether you have seen him play because calling him brainless or lacking footballing intelligence are quite inaccurate estimations. in fact, since the first time i saw matches of him - when he was having his big break in hamburg – i was more impressed with exactly that very aspect of his game: great footballing IQ, the ability to play opening passes, creativity. of course, having great technique and ball control, outstanding set-piece skills makes him even more valuable. on the downside, he’s slightly lazy about his defensive work and sometimes tends to overdo his passing in tight spaces. great signing who will help our rather impotent attack big time.
as for further investments: we do need one expert regista first and foremost and biglia fits the bill perfectly. finally, we may have a player who can control the tempo, knows when to pick up speed and when to slow down – a player who can be the linchpin of a team and convey security to his teammates. our midfield was the area needing the most improvement for god knows how many years now, but still has been constantly neglected and the difference in quality between us and sides like napoli, juve, roma and even fiore, inter, lazio were as night and day – with biglia not anymore. our most important signing if it happens!
also, while it’d be nice to sign a big name (auba/belotti) i would be opposed to it if it means we’ll sell suso because the way i see it our bench is in dire straits currently and by selling suso we’d be making things only worse. i prefer the kalinic option, who wouldn’t command a starting spot and furthermore, given the way montella likes to play, i think it’s easy to see why kalinic’s characteristics would come in handy.
obviously, we need strengthening on the wings and at the back, but i guess you can’t have a whole new squad in one window, besides we have still to sell a lot of players too... so, as our most pressing needs are a regista and a backup striker i’d be more than happy if we manage to land kalinic and biglia and start our new season.

with the versatility of the players at our hand, we’ll be able to set up our team in various ways, which i am sure montella plans to do rather than sticking to 433 like he did for the most part of past season. he also made hints in that respect last wednesday.
unfortunately, our first competitive match is only 2 weeks away and we may not try out a lot of different set-ups and tactics at first, but i really hope to get to see us try 4231 with bona, calha and suso as the offensive midfield flanked by conti and riro with andre upfront – people may laugh it off right now, but if those three can click, we could put up a serious argument for having the most creative front line of the league. anyway, i’m pretty sure montella will start out with the 433 and it’ll be interesting to see whether both fullbacks will be allowed to go high up the pitch or if the leftback will occupy a reseverd role like de sciglio did past season. i expect a change and to see the former as calha and suso offer little width coupled with the offensive qualities of both conti and riro. furthermore, i expect a lot more variation and adjustments during the game and i can easily see the 433 shifting to 4321/4231/4411 without leaving any of suso, bona, calha on the bench – so i don’t really know where you’re coming from, dante, when you say that the 442/451 wouldn’t work with the players we have, while i do agree that a second striker would inevitably lead to one of those three losing their starting spot unfortunately, which is why i’m against moving for belotti/auba.
well, tomorrow is our first test and i’m specially curious to see in what shape riro and calha are, who have not played in several months, and who of calha and bona will play lw and mezzala and of course i’ll keep a special eye on kessie to get further impressions of what kind of a player he is.

some words to our management: i honestly think they couldn’t have done a better job considering the squad we had and how our club has been run added with no european football for more than a couple of years. i am fully aware that galliani was cut off money supply, yet within those restrictions he did a horrible job nonetheless with plain stupid free transfers of has-beens or never-beens here and overpaying for summer tournaments’ golden boot winners there – well, i’ll remember him for playing a big part in all the success of the past. and now ultimately, we milan fans get this breath of fresh air that we’ve been longing for so long... again, fassone and mirabelli have done an excellent job revamping the squad so far. with the acquisitions made, not only did they plan for the immediate future, but almost all transfers have also been for the years further down the line.
i have to add some negative points too: they handled the donnarumma situation badly – of course the mistake has been made much earlier by our previous management, but making an 18-year-old our best paid player and one of the best paid in the league is stupid and players like suso and bona, who had better seasons anyway and earn only 1/3 or less of what donna’s about to get, won’t be too happy about that. though the most annoying part of the deal is, that we bring in his brother and gift him 1m/year for years to come which is an amount he wouldn’t get anywhere else... i honestly hope that their plan is to sell donna for 60-80 next season and strengthen the team further – i’d rather have a world class defense than a potentially excellent goalie.

in terms of our target for this season, i’m am optimistic but also cautious because roma, juve and napoli are still ahead us while i trust spaletti to do an excellent job at inter which leads me to believe that even if we manage to get that 4th spot it will be a very narrow contest and depending on our performances i might not even be too disappointed if we failed.
the future does look bright at the moment, we have bought young players with great potential but who have already enough quality to keep up with the big boys right away. of course it is very probable that some might go through growing pains, and it will be up to montella to settle them to italy and serie a and make this a functioning team.
we’ll see...

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:16 pm

wow

that was a surprise! I remember you vu , it's been a long time indeed. Must have been since Ibra was at Milan or something . Also , it's been a while since then it's all a blur now but , weren't you the one who had predicted Milan would sign Ibrahimovic, before it broke out ? You had that western avatar or something like that , Clint Eastwood maybe ? Good to see you posting again , i always liked your posts .

A few things on what you said about the new signings and a few notes on formations .

I'll start with Suso . Nobody should be , or has good reason to be displeased with him. He has been very good and important in our matches. He has quality and he will only become better , hopefully , especially with a better team all around. Of course i want him to stay and start games , i wanted Suso to come back and start games for us even before Montella became our coach. I believed in the lad and i still do .

All that said , i can't agree with the notion we should block ourselves of a player like Aubameyang (or even Belotti if there's a chance if we miss out on Auba) , solely because Suso might be benched , in case we eventually start games with 2 CFs. We need a player like Auba or Belotti , regardless of Suso , it will instantly elevate the potential of the team.

In any case , although i am still not that confident saying this , it might as well be Andre Silva who will be eased into things IF we get a top CF , and in that case , Suso will be starting all the games then , no point discussing him leaving.

__

On Kessie.

Kessie was very close to Roma , almost done iirc and there were even a couple of PL clubs after him too. He rejected everyone for Milan . He's a very energetic player , who is very flexible in the midfield with regards to the formation and covers so much ground . As a result of his impressive athleticism , i think one of his bigger attributes which i rarely saw being discussed is his constant availability to his teammates . He never stops moving to free himself for a pass and makes an effort to consistently stay near the play as an option for his teammates .

I personally really rate that when midfielders do it well and consistently. Likes to make a run into the box here and there and i suspect he will do much better than Pasalic . His passing is decent , but he won't be the one to take the heavy risks in that regard. I suspect he will be like Gattuso in that regard , he'll work for others to create . A fine element of balance in midfield , that is Kessie. I think he can become a very important player , in time.

__

On Ricardo Rodriguez and Calhanoglu.  

For some reason they aren't rated here in the forums , not necessarily by us Milan fans , just a general notion that i have noticed too. And tbh it's ok if they don't rate them , who the fk cares lol , truth is they have been somewhat off the radar of late , especially in RR case , Wolfsburg's disaster season didn't help making him look any better . That said , only reason i don't have much to say about RR is because when he was making a name for himself , we were utter shite with no hopes of getting such a player , as it looked back then. Always thought he would end up in the Premier League in one of the top clubs if he was as good as it seemed , so i never really kept an eye on him. Personally i am excited as fk for RR , Antonelli was ok but i suspect we might have our best LB since Jankulovski at least in RR.

About Calhanoglu , i don't think it was any of us who called him brainless or lacks football IQ and all that , he was another guy not a Milan fan. In any case , i can only say that is not the opinion i had of him as well , but we will find out not before long anyway. I always liked his ball control , i always rate that in players and especially in midfielders . His passing i always thought was pretty good and i have no doubts about his long shots , long balls and set pieces. He simply has it. Remains to be seen how quickly he will adapt and get into form , he will be a fun player to watch and i do believe he has what it takes to become important for Milan .

__

On Andre Silva.

He caught my eye some point during last season , i think it was a CL game i was watching and i was impressed , with Porto i've only seen random highlights after that i am afraid. I vividly remember myself saying what a nice forward , wish we had a player like that . I was very excited when we got him , although at the time that seemed we would stop the hunt for a top CF and it was a little of a bummer , but i am way past that by now , whatever happens . I am very excited about Andre Silva. Scored 5 goals in the CL too , quite impressive for essentially his first full season . Also played in 15-16 from what i've seen , but it's last season he managed his breakthrough into things. For someone so young and for that being his first full season , he had an excellent season.

His link up play is particularly impressive , he seems so mature in that regard. Very altruistic player , big bonus if you ask me. He seems like an intelligent player , i watched him some in the Confederations too. Always tries to hustle people , whether his team has the ball or not , and makes very interesting and unpredictable moves at times. His technique is not yet refined when it comes to finishing and shots , yet i do believe he can only become better , he doesn't seem like a player which take stupid shots and such . Decent with headers too . I was also impressed by Cristiano Ronaldo's praise about him too , seems like he is very impressed with him . Said Portugal is in good hands after he retires from the NT , because Andre Silva will be there. I don't know about Pauleta , i mean i only caught him in his twilight , but Andre Silva seems much more modern CF , i guess it's the hype from Portugal having essentialy found an interesting CF after so many years. We'll see , Pauleta was a rare player , i can only hope he becomes as good or even better. We'll be crazy .

__

As for the formation , i'll try to keep it as short as possible because this is already very long . I said 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 isn't recommended , at least as our plan A , because both require 2 in the middle and that's a whole different ball game than playing with '3' and Montella much prefers the '3' option regardless of formation , because it really does suit positional play better , especially when you intend on keeping the ball for long periods.

And also because of the midfielders we currently have. They are indeed better suited to 4-3-3 , at least most of them that is. Biglia and Kessie in particular can do very well in a pivot , of that i have 0 doubts whatsoever , yet i really don't know about the rest of our guys who would be tasked to deliver in the pivot. I'll need quite the proof to be convinced otherwise on this.

Montolivo is much better used as a deep lying playmaker ; functions better when tasked to stay deeper and deliver the ball into players who are free , or are about to . He lacks the speed to drive the ball forward and that's absolutely fundamental in a pivot. The less time he has the ball at his feet , the better. Note , not how many times he gets on the ball , how fast he can release it reliably elsewhere. The more you leave him with the ball , the bigger the risk , so in a pivot , he will actually have to drive the ball forward more often than not. Maybe his partner would be better suited to it , yet when it's so obvious only one of our pivot can actually drive the ball on , we will become very predictable , the pressing will be deliberately and accurately focused and we will suffer for it . He's good at marking and stealing the ball , decent at contesting headers , but once you get past him and that's not anything unthinkable , Montolivo will either won't stop the attacker or simply foul him for a 100% yellow , if not worse.

Immediately Biglia's back up will be a serious risk if we are consistently playing with a pivot , whereas in a 4-3-3 , he can actually be relied upon and even be good at it , at least it's a much safer bet.

Bonaventura simply cannot exist in a pivot , going 4-4-2 / 4-2-3-1 there you also lose some precious flexibility from Bona , actually you lose a midfielder when in need. In 4-3-3 , he can drop in and do a fine job there , in a pivot , nah . His defensive game can be decent and enough , but not in a pivot , when it's essentialy required you bring your A game from the defensive side of things. He could pass it around well and drive the ball forward , although even that will be harder , having to do it against faster players in those areas.. most important , way too far from goal , wasted there. So we are already at 2 players that are out of place in a pivot and we're still left with only 2 adequately equiped to excell at it.

There's Locateli too , who could surely adapt to it in time.. But similarly to Montolivo , he's a player who enjoys being the focal point in front of the defence , that's where his best come from , albeit he is much more adventurous than Montolivo. His movement needs work and his athleticism needs to improve , but he does a job there on his day , which i am not so sure if it would be the same in a pivot . He likes to drive the ball occasionaly and he's a good dribbler. Yet driving the ball from the deep is a whole different beast than trying your hand from the midfield and up .

All in all , Locateli could play in a pivot , but if you ask me , it's much better for his developement for him to actually keep playing and working as a regista , his ideal position so far. Will become a more unique player , with a higher sense of responsibility when on the ball . Pivot means he shares the burden , which should be easier for him , but since he won't be starting games , i don't think it's that worth it.

Calhanoglu , i don't think he can do it . It's either AM , CM or LW for him. I'd never trust him in pivot . You seem to understand him better as a player than me though , so idk.. i am not going to insist here , but that's what i think at the moment.

SO finally , we're left with Biglia-Kessie and only Locateli left to reliably replace one of them , likely Biglia. Only Kucka would be able to be a back up for Kessie and he's gone now. All the rest of our midfielders suck balls at a pivot , Montolivo-Bertolacci-Sosa simply cannot manage it. You also miss out on Bonaventura's versatility there , which is a shame.

And i didn't even touch the matter of Andre Silva (and what his absense or not means with regards to pivot play)for reasons i explained above; he will probably be eased into things at the begininngs , so no need for 2 CF formations , so there's room for 4-2-3-1 yet... But if the time ever comes and he's become de facto starter , the only possible formation for both 2 CF and pivot is 4-4-2 , which requires a new bench . As of NOW , we absolutely do not have that. Therefore i was inclined to rule these out as our plan , even though i do believe we may see it during the season in certain games , if Montella thinks it's going to help .

Bonaventura-Calhanoglu-Suso
Biglia-Kessie

that is very exciting and i do believe it would work wonders , especially the 3 . But you have to consider here that we cannot possibly plan with this in mind with the rest of the players considered for the pivot , with just one Locateli who in all honesty , even at his ideal role will have ups and downs. At least i hope we don't unless we get the right players for it , it will be reckless and even dump , considering 4-3-3 offers us more flexibility and options still .

We only go 4-2-3-1 IF we get Auba and depth adequate for it and only IF Andre Silva is considered a rotational player for now. I cannot see how else it will work.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:32 pm

first friendly of the pre season is on right now , Lugano-Milan 0-1 , Cutrone 2'

check Milan's facebook , or youtube
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm liking the look of Cutrone and Kessie
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Kessie is a beast in the making Proud

Calhanoglu with some really nice touches , got the 10 too

borini got 11 rofl mostly hustling people on the right wing , Borini is be pure banter ffs rofl

RR the kind of calma and confident player , i like , his right foot doesn't seem anything special though . I liked his movements , obvious he is comfortable in rotation of the ball and such , very positive vibes from him

intensity dropped visibly near 30 minutes , of course , completely natural at this point .

Abate with the Davids glasses rofl , the banter will never stop following this player

also i seriously have to buy this shirt as soon as possible , such a beauty!

easily in the podium of my favorites
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Abate looking like a lesbian Edgar Davids is one for the books Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 pm

rofl

i love lesbian Edgarizio Abate 100x than the normal , mere Abate

De Snaek looking somewhat lively , changed his skin recently he must feel fresh

we should keep Zanellato for depth imho , promising

and wtf is this sacrilege Niang with #7 . gtfo here delusional jobber wearing Andriy's sacred 7 even in a friendly , who allowed this bs

Mauri meh... dunno

Crociata with a nice finish , 0-2
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Still waiting on Biglia news .

Lotito's demands for the player are plainly absurd. I know i've said we should just take our number 1 option even if it means we overpay and all , and tbh i still stand by that even now , in the end that's always worth it , that said , this is getting tiresome at this point . I hope we've already proposed our last offer as an ultimatum , which hopefully expires quickly. Biglia is the right choice and i don't even mind for what we get him , but it's been more than a month now . We need the player yesterday.

In any case there will be lyf after Biglia , no matter how useful he can be for us. We already know our other targets.Badelj and Krychowiak offer their own guarantees , and we should seriously consider contacts with their clubs at this point. I still think we have a serious chance to get Biglia , but i am fully confident when i say it needs to happen as soon as possible , we've already invested much time and patience for nothing so far. Either find a solution fast , or let's move on , Lotito stands to risk and lose much more than us , that much is obvious.

Badelj is more skilled with the ball and has visibly better technique , while his passing range and passing quality can be impressive. Normally i would ask for this one , he's a really good player , but on the down side , certainly not as good defensively. Biglia eats him alive there , in almost every aspect .. whilst also being a very reliable passer , positionaly astute and all in all a more complete player , be it set pieces , runs or versatility , Biglia makes stuff happen with or without the ball .Krycho only if we go 4-2-3-1 .

Krycho-Kessie could be absolutely amazing together , true pillars of balance for our game. Our defence would be really well protected , every single contested ball would be a pain for opponents . Question marks about their ability to release the ball onwards will be up often though and i think it's obvious Montella will have to figure it out there , possibly change our ways somewhat and how we work there. They would need to share that burden with the fullbacks , i think , and this would mean we might need some changes in our ways playing from the back.

Aubameyang
Bonaventura-Calhanoglu-Suso
Krychowiak-Kessie
Rodriguez-Romagnoli-Musacchio-Conti
Donnarumma

I'd say a big fat yes to that , especially if we got proper bench options for it. But if we're not getting Krycho and Auba , i will keep my doubts about it still. Much prefer other options , especially if we get Biglia or Badelj and maybe miss out on Auba. Biglia-Kessie can also be great stuff , yet won't be as reliable as Krycho-Kessie and i'd much prefer Biglia in a 3 anyway , especially seeing how we severely lack the depth for a pivot. In the end , you always build from the back ; our DM will be very important to our game , so i seriously wish we get closure on this and fast.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Out of no where, Bonucci to Milan links intensifies and it seems it will be finalized before noon tomorrow

#goodtimes
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:04 pm

WHat the f*ck is happening?

How do we integrate Bonucci?

Are we going to be using a 3 man backline?

So many questions
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:33 pm

I read that they might be looking at Romagnoli ...but that could be simply juve trying to make good out of a bad situation. De Sciglio will be a separate deal.

must be either 3 man or Musachio plays third fiddle. The 3 man would be so sexy though, gawd damn. has my mouth watering. Conti is the perfect wide man, and r. rod would be perfect going up the other flank.

I think...Milan were aware of the situation regarding bonucci and his rift with super max and co. The rumours of bust-ups between not only max but other members of the juve dressing room after the CL final seem legitimate. Maybe the pain of losing two finals has him worried at 30 that their project isnt going to bear fruit like he thought. Either way Juve, are clear in how they deal with players looking to leave: they accommodate.

When Bonucci decided he wanted out then Fassone (Il Boss) made us the first destination. He likely is impressed by our project and knows we are on the up, big time.

Unbelievable piece of business, that is if we dont get rid of Alessio. Maybe Juve were trying to bargaqin on that one, but its clear to me that Bonucci wants to leave and it was his agent that made first contact with Milan
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Musacchio-Bonucci-Romagnoli
Conti-Kessie-Biglia-Bonaventura-Rodriguez
Hakan
Silva

If thats the case, where does Suso+Belotti/Auba fit in?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Conti-Kessie-Biglia--Rodriguez
Hakan-Bonaventura
Silva/Belotti

Hakan
Silva-Belotti

Sus0-Silva/Belotti-Hakan/Bonaventura
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm

ES wrote:
Hakan-Bonaventura
Silva/Belotti

Hakan
Silva-Belotti

Sus0-Silva/Belotti-Hakan/Bonaventura
My fellow Rossonero Dudes, our mercato is verging on the RIDICULOUS! I mean, if we actually do get Bonucci PLUS one between Aubameyang or Belotti, this will be remembered as the finest transfer window of the 21st century by a European club. The amount of quality the Chinese want at Milan is admirable, fascinating, and sort of unbelievable.

@ES
Why would you only see us with a back three? While I won't rule that out, there's strong evidence that 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 are only plan B's to Montella and that his favorite remains 4-3-3:

Donnarumma
Conti - Bonucci - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu
Suso - Silva - Bonaventura

Meanwhile, if we sign e.g. Aubameyang, there's a chance Andre Silva will move to the left of the front three, or, of course, we may play with a front two:

Donnarumma
Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura
Calhanoglu
Silva - Aubameyang
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:31 pm

No matter how good or bad Milan's signings are (and IMO they are FANTASTIC) one thing is admitted by everyone: we are extremely flexible.

I can think of all the frequently-used formations of modern football, and we still have the personnel to accommodate them:

4-2-2-2:

Donnarumma
Conti  -  Bonucci  -  Romagnoli  -  Rodriguez
Kessie  -  Biglia
Calhanoglu - Bonaventura
Aubameyang  -  Silva  

4-2-3-1:

Donnarumma
Kessie - Biglia
Suso - Calhanoglu - Bonaventura
Aubameyang

4-1-4-1:

Donnarumma
Biglia
Suso - Calhanoglu - Kessie - Bonaventura
Aubameyang

Balanced 3-4-3:

Donnarumma
Bonucci - Romagnoli - Musacchio
Conti - Biglia - Kessie - Rodriguez
Suso - Aubameyang - Bonaventura

Ultra-attacking 3-4-3:

Donnarumma
Bonucci - Romagnoli - Musacchio
Calhanoglu - Biglia - Kessie - Bonaventura
Suso - Aubameyang - Silva

and SO ON!!!

I can't be more excited about 2017-18. It's been a truly, truly unimaginable mercato. Thank you Mr. Li, thank you Fassone, thank you Mirabelli!
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Iras!!! Heart Heart Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:10 pm

A lot of you know I'm not really a big fan of Mussachio and feel we should have gone for De Vrij instead. So unless a 3 CB formation was the plan all along I really don't want us to change plans just to accommodate two new signings. Let our 3 CBs battle it out to get the starting spot if we are playing a normal 4 man backline. Competition can only be a good thing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 am

I don't want to get excited about Bonucci until it's official, but even the fact these links are serious is amazing. After so long, this window has undoubtedly signalled the start of our rise back to the top.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:48 pm

I am still in awe that we pulled this off

Di Marzio says Spurs want Suso

Do you think he should leave?, because i doubt he can be incorporated, especially with Auba/Belotti coming in

I think Biglia+striker is our last signing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:52 pm

ffs all this happening and my internet connection suffers some stupid damage yesterday morning .... FFS i cannot believe my stupid luck sometimes , but of course it would happen to me , of course

so much to talk about don't know where to begin really . Fresh Belotti rumours , HMMM , fully erect right now

so far it's been a blast of course and Bonucci saga is just so much fun to witness , yet nothing will compare to Belotti for me , not even Aubameyang. If it ever happens , i will lose my shit

On Bonucci , assuming he does join , the important thing is that we get a player who can be a serious asset regardless of the type of backline. Important trait this one.

anyway , JUST got my internet connection back , (ffs i am going to throw such a shitfest to some people around i swear , 3rd time in 3 months or something) , i have so much to catch up with

Fun days these are , and we should all enjoy it all as they come ! We'll surely have time to discuss technicalities in time

last thing , @Iras , as much as i am enjoying this and as much as i rate the work that's been done in Milan so far very highly , the best summer mercato i've seen in my life was Real in 2009 , when they got Ronaldo , Kaka , Xabi Alonso , Benzema , e.t.c .. (i am sure i also forget others too , i guess some fodder too maybe)

it was just out of this world however you look at it , our case is astonishing as well and we have been through much worse shite than Real did back then , that alone deserves some very serious praise all by itself , but in any case , not the same as signing superstars and elite players/talents as they managed to do back then. It will stay unmatched for a really long time , hopefully ours will be up there when all is said and done
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:02 pm

ES wrote:I am still in awe that we pulled this off

Di Marzio says Spurs want Suso

Do you think he should leave?, because i doubt he can be incorporated, especially with Auba/Belotti coming in

I think Biglia+striker is our last signing

depends strictly on a potential offer , imho

if anything arrives starting from 40m and/or above he's out , i bet anything

excuse me for repeating myself once more on Suso , i like him around and i believe in him , but like i've always said , we're not blocking ourselves of important players because of Suso , to me that has always been obvious.

So we will do what we will do and try our best regardless , and as a result , he may well have to decide if he wants to compete for his place here and prove that we cannot possibly leave him outside of our 11 no matter who else is here , in which case he's more than welcomed to do so and be praised for it.

Otherwise , if/when an important offer arrives he may go , always said so. And i am fine with it , good and promising and all , but we'll be ok

Especially if we can get Belotti / Auba lol , i trust we will be absolutely fine whatever happens with Suso.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Dante wrote:@Iras
As much as i am enjoying this and as much as i rate the work that's been done in Milan so far very highly , the best summer mercato i've seen in my life was Real in 2009 , when they got Ronaldo , Kaka , Xabi Alonso , Benzema , e.t.c .. (i am sure i also forget others too , i guess some fodder too maybe)

it was just out of this world however you look at it , our case is astonishing as well and we have been through much worse shite than Real did back then , that alone deserves some very serious praise all by itself , but in any case , not the same as signing superstars and elite players/talents as they managed to do back then. It will stay unmatched for a really long time , hopefully ours will be up there when all is said and done
In terms of quality, you're spot on, man. However, I stand by my claim, you know why?

Because, first, as you said, we went through too much humiliation, and our squad was simply miserable. Compare this to Real, who were gonna retain the Liga title had it not been for Guardiola's overpowering Barca.

Second, it was all too easy for Real to buy those "names." They got the most obvious, and the most expensive names around. Perez did not have to tear down the building and construct a new one like Fassobelli did. They did not buy Kaka because they needed him, they paid 70m for the best attacking midfielder in the world – that they also didn't need – to give their fans bigger boners. When you buy Ronaldo, a winger, you cannot play with an AM. That's elementary stuff that Perez is often too awestruck to see. Instead, we made some outstandingly shrewd signings that truly elevate our quality without caring about how hot, popular, and marketable they are. Pure footballocentric prioritization.

Thirdly, on a personal note, I hate overpaying in football. I hate it that we may have to pay up to 80m for (no offense to you or your man-crush, Dante) an unproven, internationally-untested striker. I'd be mad to prefer Kalinic, but 60m is the most I would, and should, pay for a box player. This is why I love Calhanoglu, Conti, and the rest of our signings: they are all more or less steals. Conti is MUCH MUCH better than Kyle Walker, yet compare their prices. We have been intelligent AF in comparison to those retarded Premier League pseudo-managers.

And lastly, except for key areas which require experience, like DM (Biglia), or unimaginable opportunities like Bonucci, we got young enough players to guarantee at least seven years each.

Of course, I am too deliriously happy ( banana  drinking  Heart  drunken ) to be at my best intellectually, but I suppose I explained my case well this time.

Last edited by IrasMaldinista on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next