rincon
M99
jibers
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Martial vs Dymbala  - Page 2 Empty Re: Martial vs Dymbala

Post by jibers Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:As soon as "Origi" was inserted, I stopped reading the post Laughing

Laughing

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:As soon as "Origi" was inserted, I stopped reading the post Laughing

I guess that makes you a cool dude. Well in. I'll let you get back to your sock and young french players.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:17 pm

I still remember 'pool fans from 2 years ago saying... saying Henderson and Allen were just as good prospects as Pogba and Verratti. Sterling is the same type of talent than Neymar and Hazard. Sturridge is a WC striker. Skrtel-Agger have developed into one of the best CB pairing in the EPL. Etc.

List is long Laughing

Not that Madrid fans are much better. But at least we actually do have very talented players so we'll get it right once in a while just by default.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:23 pm

Origi has already overtaken Martial tbh.

Martial has done exactly nothing since joining United, nada, nix, zilch, to justify either the hype or the fee.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:27 pm

I'm not really sure how that's relevant to anything being discussed here, but I don't know anyone that has said Allen or Henderson were as good of prospects as Pogba and Verratti. Sterling is 21 and just to be clear has 25 goals and 26 assists between Liverpool and City. He's already got 2 goals and 4 assists in 4 games this season. He's certainly among the top young players in the world despite my personal feelings toward him, his only real issue was with end product and composure which is completely understandable at his age -- I mean he's done a lot more than Martial has for example.

Not that it matters either but I've never rated Skrtel as you could easily verify by checking my post history.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Dybala overrated af by Juve fans as per. I bet they think he's better than Messi too. Desperate fanbase.

Hapless_Hans wrote:Origi has already overtaken Martial tbh.

Martial has done exactly nothing since joining United, nada, nix, zilch, to justify either the hype or the fee.

Funny guy.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Nah you're just delusional if you think Martial is better. Then it means you've barely watched him play.

This better league thing is again a whole load of nonsense.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:44 pm

RED wrote:Dybala overrated af by Juve fans as per. I bet they think he's better than Messi too. Desperate fanbase.

You just lost your bet.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 pm

The thing is, as this very moment, Martial is a clearly talented yet unproven and overpriced youngster. That's what he is. If not, then what is he ?

Dybala, on the other side, refines himself every freaking month since coming to Juve. He is a sure starter and asset for our starting 11. He is a great finisher, great passer, has a high football IQ and really has no major flaws. He always does the right thing and has the mentality a Juve player needs to have. What more can you ask for ?

But in a certain way, i guess it's easier for people to NEVER watch a single Juve match and shit on my fellow Juventini for being "delusional", while in the meantime, we are just stating facts.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Come on...  in his second pro season and first as a regular, Martial scored 17 goals and gave 12 assists for club and country at the age of 19-20.  

Dybala in his 4th full season as a pro and 3rd as a regular, he had 23 goals and 9 assists for club and country at the age of 21-22.

That's damn similar... and they were both just as impactful for their clubs.  I just say Dybala is better because he played in significant CL games while Martial hasn't yet (meaning elimination round games).  If Martial had started over Payet in the Euro, then I would say they were equal.

Neither fanbase, Juve or Man U, have watched each other... so they're both talking out of their arses mostly Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:57 pm

Dybala played in Palermo, i don't even know if this counts as pro football Laughing

Let alone their age, both were bought in the summer transfer window of 2015 by a MAJOR club and both were given the chance to shine. Dybala took it and Martial also took it. The fact is, when you look at both players and what they do on the pitch, Dybala is better overall and more consistent.

It's a personal feeling, but i'm sure most people who watch both teams feel the same way. Dybala performs like a player who's in his prime. Martial looks more like a "youngster" (a very good one tho) who needs to improve, whether or not he carried the worst Man Utd squad in the last 20 years last season. Maybe in 2 years Martial will outshine Dybala but how do i know ? Atm Dybala > Martial.
sportsczy wrote:
That's damn similar... and they were both just as impactful for their clubs.  I just say Dybala is better because he played in significant CL games while Martial hasn't yet (meaning elimination round games).  If Martial had started over Payet in the Euro, then I would say they were equal.

So basically you judge the quality of a player depending on Didier Deschamps tactics ? Martial did nothing in the Euros.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 pm

That post made absolutely zero sense just in terms of trying to understand what you're saying Laughing  So it's hard for me to respond.  Been happening a lot lately.  Maybe I'm speaking a different language because there's a huge disconnect.

Maybe someone can help me understand here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:37 pm

As far as objectivity is concerned, I have none but as an unbias poster as I hate both Utd and Juve equally (and view both teams' matches with the hope the burn in eternal damnation), Dybala is doing more at the moment. Is he more talented than Martial, maybe. Maybe not. How exactly do you measure talent that isn't as clear cut?

Take into consideration though that Martial before Utd over paid for him, just broke into the Monaco first team and during his 1st season at Utd, had to lead the line in a very faulty team lead by a fraud and Rooney playing Xavi.

Dybala would probably do more than Martial this season as well since he has a guaranteed starting position at Juve with a manager who isn't new to the club so do also take that into consideration.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:38 pm

I'm sure no one cares much about my posts so don't expect others to help you understand the simple words they contain.

-----------

Dybala est meilleur que Martial au moment où j'écris ces lignes. Les deux sont arrivés dans un grand club au même moment, et après une saison et des poussières, quel est le constat ? Dybala est meilleur, plus aguerri, plus décisif et surtout plus mature.

Ca n'enlève rien au Français de Man Utd, qui a lui-même un talent fou, il a juste germé moins vite et il n'est pas un pilier dans son club. Encore là, on s'en fout de leur âge, dans l'absolu sur le terrain Dybala est meilleur.

Alors tu devrais arrêter de vouloir me faire passer pour un con, comme si j'écrivais du charabia, surtout quand mon message est très compréhensible, c'est lourd mec.

-----------

Is it better now big boy ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:45 pm

Dybala.

But then again Martial is younger and plays on a shittier team. There isn't anything bad about him being worse than Dybala atm. They'll eventually become world class players. Maybe it'll happen this season or the next.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:45 am

S wrote:Nah you're just delusional if you think Martial is better. Then it means you've barely watched him play.

This better league thing is again a whole load of nonsense.

Yea it is nonsense now because its helping you win the argument right ? Laughing Everywhere else you guys are moaning how bad the Serie A is and need better competition and standard and money so that no Pogba's will ever leave in search of greener pastures and then you say the same argument is nonsense here. Proud

Anyway I dont think barring Red (he is only bantering like you Juve fans have been doing) anyone's saying Martial is better than Dybala. We dont have a problem accepting that, mind you. But the problem arise when guys like you outright disregard the obvious talent Martial's got and dismiss him by saying he's the next Balotelli and stuff like that. Thats when we are forced to responding.
I mean if you really think a quiet and shy person like Martial who keeps away even from his fellow French speaking contingent most times cos of his shyness and resort to doing his job quietly is similar to a brash and attention seeking cnut like Balotelli then I am very sorry, you are ignorant.

Yes he appears a bit frustrated right now on the pitch, but thats got nothing to do with doing it intentionally or like the antics Mario end up coming up with on the field. You do know about his personal troubles at this moment right ??! Dont understand why you are blaming his attitude even still.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:49 am

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Instead of 6th choice Martial, United fans should be talking about Rashford here.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:45 pm

How is this a debate lol? Dybala is heads and shoulders better
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Dybala aside, even if it was just a Martial thread I don't rate him that much, sure he'll develop in to a solid player but don't see anything amazing about him whatsoever.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Ignoring the comparison as it's ridiculous.

Martial is a great talent IMO, he's just not a left winger. When he first joined Man Yoo and played upfront he was very dangerous.

Doubt he'll get the chance to prove it now between Rashford proving himself and Ibra being signed but still.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Good we move past the comparison.

He looks really talented, should be playing CF though, or at least play centrally. He could shine as an SS like Griezmann.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2