Helmer
iftikhar
Kick
Curtinho
Nishankly
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some team from Fulham vs Liverpool FC Empty Some team from Fulham vs Liverpool FC

Post by Nishankly Mon 12 Sep - 19:49:15

We get a taste of Friday night fixtures, Good and bad imo. Good because we need to wait only 4 days. Another away game against a good team, smh who created this fixture list?

Team news:

Lovren could be fit, If not Lucas continues at CB.
Can won't be risked.
Karius should expect to be on the bench again.
Sakho, Gomez and Ings remain out of contention.
Coutinho will decide our formation and tactics.

How we'd line up: Assuming and expecting Henderson, WIJI and Lallana to start regardless as they are workhorses.

Mignolet
Clyne Matip Lucas Milner
Lallana Henderson WIJI
Coutinho Firmino Mane

Depth problems:
Lovren might not be risked.

I have a feeling Klopp will bench Sturridge only to introduce him late on, But i also feel we will struggle to score without Sturridge. It will be very difficult to open the Chelsea defense without a striker making those runs, Firmino will not at all provide that. We'd only be threat on counters which i do not deem would be enough imo

Also i this is a game where every chance will count, Can't have the shoddy finishing we've been doing since the start of the season.

A point here would be good, 3 points would be amazing.

YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Some team from Fulham vs Liverpool FC Empty Re: Some team from Fulham vs Liverpool FC

Post by Curtinho Mon 12 Sep - 19:53:43

Clyne - Matip - Lucas - Milner
Coutinho - Henderson - Lallana
Mane - Sturridge - Firmino

Big game to play. It's going to be very tough because Conte is good at playing a style that Klopp has had issues with against much less talented squads. Hopefully they play just open enough for Klopp's high energy style to break the dam.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Some team from Fulham vs Liverpool FC Empty Re: Some team from Fulham vs Liverpool FC

Post by Kick Tue 13 Sep - 2:37:11

Terry is likely to be out with injury for us, which means Luiz will come in and Ivanovic will act as captain.

I don't think we'll make any other changes to our team, as Conte hasn't thus far.

Courtois
Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta
Kante
Willian Oscar Matic Hazard
Costa

Should be a great game, but I feel it could follow a similar path as our pre-season friendly.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 13 Sep - 5:33:57

curtinho wrote:
This team looks cool, just needs a GK, IMO Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 13 Sep - 20:23:15

Can, Lovren and Sakho back in training.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 14 Sep - 9:59:24

Curtinho wrote:

Big game to play. It's going to be very tough because Conte is good at playing a style that Klopp has had issues with against much less talented squads. Hopefully they play just open enough for Klopp's high energy style to break the dam.

that is a very risky team when you visit Bridge specially knowing now that Conte is incharge. Lallana and Coutinho both are too attack minded to start in a game like this. I think Klopp should not force Coutinho in the team. We need balance in midfield and we also need Sturridge as Nish pointed out.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 14 Sep - 10:04:00

Kick wrote:Terry is likely to be out with injury for us, which means Luiz will come in and Ivanovic will act as captain.

I don't think we'll make any other changes to our team, as Conte hasn't thus far.

Courtois
Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta
Kante
Willian Oscar Matic Hazard
Costa

Should be a great game, but I feel it could follow a similar path as our pre-season friendly.

it will be most likely a draw. Milner will have a tough game, I expect.

If we dont see any defensive blunder from Liverppol, Luiz will decide the game.

Draw will be very good result, looking at that solid Chelsea line up.

Also I always thought you guys are playing 4-2-3-1 in this season. I guess 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 can be so different, because 4-1-4-1 against us can be suicide unless you are a Pep's team.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed 14 Sep - 10:45:44

Klopp Can, Conte Kante cheers

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed 14 Sep - 15:57:14

Imagine the scenes if we win this, People will go overboard lmao.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed 14 Sep - 16:44:02

Helmer wrote:
Curtinho wrote:

that is a very risky team when you visit Bridge specially knowing now that Conte is incharge. Lallana and Coutinho both are too attack minded to start in a game like this. I think Klopp should not force Coutinho in the team. We need balance in midfield and we also need Sturridge as Nish pointed out.

Is it really any more risky than having Wijnaldum and Lallana in midfield as Klopp has been doing? Not to me. If you look at Coutinho's performances in the past when he's been used as an 8 he's actually been pretty responsible for marking and tackling (led the team in tackles against Man City for example) and has been extremely effective all over the pitch. It's really his best role though underutilized for whatever reason. Lallana covers a ton of ground as well (more than anyone in the PL of late IIRC) and is very responsible in his tracking back.

Two high energy, technical midfielders in front of Henderson is ideal too so he has outlets for his short passing game, and he initiates really nice switches/long balls when necessary while the other two are better at ground passing/carrying the ball up the field. It provides more balance than what we've been used to so far (ideally we'd have a real Alonso or Mascherano/crusher type behind Coutinho/Lallana/Wijnaldum but it's not to be atm). If we consider Henderson a weak link in the DM role for his defensive positioning and discipline it's not like this game is going to be the one where we figure that out (though against Leicester he was pristine, so maybe he's learning).

Imagine the attacking sequences though with that set up. It gets all our best players in the game without compromising our structure or philosophy.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 14 Sep - 18:49:43

That one game against Man City where Coutinho supposedly was great as a midfielder more than two years ago has acquired legendary status lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed 14 Sep - 19:34:53

Hapless_Hans wrote:That one game against Man City where Coutinho supposedly was great as a midfielder more than two years ago has acquired legendary status lmao

Tbf it was a virtuoso performance where he dominated both sides of the ball from midfield, but it was just being used as an example. He's played there a few times and looked good all the same, and even when he plays out wide you can often see his tenacity at work to win the ball, he just isn't nearly as often involved in the play (at least on the defensive side).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 14 Sep - 23:17:46

Hapless_Hans wrote:That one game against Man City where Coutinho supposedly was great as a midfielder more than two years ago has acquired legendary status lmao

This is how we played in the second half of 13/14 when we won like 14 straight games and almost won the league.

Gerrard
Hendo - Coutinho
Suarez - Sturridge - Sterling

The City game is remembered because that was the biggest game of the season. But he was similarly amazing against Arsenal (5-1), Everton (4-0), Man Utd (3-0), Cardiff (6-3), Southampton (3-0) etc in that position.

When Sturridge was injured he would be moved up to the left, Suarez would go to the center, and Allen would play in midfield.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 15 Sep - 9:09:12

Lucifer wrote:Klopp Can, Conte Kante cheers
fml

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 15 Sep - 17:19:27

Will lose this on a set piece.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 15 Sep - 18:03:27

Klopp gonna show that Italian guy who the real boss is :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 15 Sep - 18:03:48

Just like he did with Wenger and Raineri :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 16 Sep - 0:16:01

Firmino rumored to out for this game. Sturridge has to start, The numbers clearly point out that Sturridge and Milner in the team point to a win.

The numbers dont lie imo

@Sri idk think it'll be a 1-1 or 1-0 to Chelsea.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 16 Sep - 8:42:00

Feels so weird that we're playing tonight. Not sure yet do I like this feeling or not.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri 16 Sep - 9:34:32

Art Morte wrote:Feels so weird that we're playing tonight. Not sure yet do I like this feeling or not.

Very awkward (inconvenient actually) time for me. 1 AM kick-off with Saturday as weekday.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 16 Sep - 13:15:28

Gerrard
Hendo Coutinho

Hendo
Lallana Coutinho

I think the difference in these two MF is clear that none of Lallana and Coutinho are reliable enough to track back in time to help Hendo. This will expose Hendo many times , specially against a team like Chelsea.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri 16 Sep - 16:23:28

I'm ready! Are you ready?! Let's take Chelsea down. Any rumoured line-up yet? From what I've read I think...

Karius
Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Milner
Henderson
Lallana - Wijnaldum
Mané - Firmino - Coutinho

He probably wants the option of having more energy up front than what's there with Sturridge, who he can bring on later in the game as Chelsea (and our forwards) start to tire, or if we need an offensive spark.

Although playing a bit more defensive 4-2-3-1 might not be the worst thing either, with Lucas coming in for Wijnaldum to partner Henderson.

Henderson - Lucas
Mané - Lallana - Coutinho
Firmino
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 16 Sep - 18:16:00

I'm not ready right now but i will be after dinner imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 16 Sep - 19:44:48

Firmino is injured

Spoiler:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 16 Sep - 20:03:41

Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Coutinho, Mane, Sturridge.

Ejaria on the bench lulz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum