Glory
Lucifer
Nishankly
CBarca
sportsczy
86 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 31 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:48 pm

Calm your horses, what I'm against is offering €160m for a player in his last year of contract.

Doesn't bother you that you would become the laughing stock of Europe?

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 31 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:00 pm

So reports say PSG will only sell for 230 ME

Yeah, lets just get him for free in January. They're crazy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:08 pm

For free it is. Masterclass moves by el presidente. PSG trying to play Monopoly while Perez is playing gentleman's chess.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:01 pm

According to Marca, Mbappe to Madrid is done. 170 ME + 10 ME in bonuses
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm

congrats?

overrated af
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Honestly I agree with DoC. Spending anything above €100m for a player on his last year of contract whom has expressed his desire to join Madrid and only Madrid is stupid. Just wait a damn year and get him for free.

With the kind of money being asked by PSG you're a phone call to BVB away from Haaland. And Mbappé next summer.

Spoiler:

Last edited by danyjr on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:19 pm

PSG did the smart thing... not financially because they don't really care.  But you don't block superstars from leaving if a great offer has been made and the person wants to go.  It's shortsighted.  No great player would ever sign with you again.

It allows the season to move forward normally without the Mbappe soap opera in tow.

Going to be very interesting what they do with that cash now.  Camavinga?  Pogba?  Haaland?

Assuming Marca is right lol.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:19 pm

danyjr wrote:Honestly I agree with DoC. Spending anything above €100m for a player on his last year of contract whom has expressed his desire to join Madrid and only Madrid is stupid. Just wait a damn year and get him for free.

With the kind of money being asked by PSG you're a phone call to BVB away from Haaland. And Mbappé next summer.
we are still a phone call away from Haaland next summer, nothing has changed
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:21 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
danyjr wrote:Honestly I agree with DoC. Spending anything above €100m for a player on his last year of contract whom has expressed his desire to join Madrid and only Madrid is stupid. Just wait a damn year and get him for free.

we are still a phone call away from Haaland next summer, nothing has changed

Not with Benzema extended and now Mbappe... Haaland is a 9. He should absolutely play nowhere else. It would be a crime to football if he was asked to imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:24 pm

yeah smart from PSG ultimately if this happens, I thought they would be stubborn. Agree dropping 170M on a player who has no intention of playing for anyone else is dumb. You aren't gonna be winning shit with Mbappe and a bunch of tapas waiters supplying him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:25 pm

Like 1 year of Benzema would stop anyone from signing a generational striker, lol. That extra year to Benzema is insurance against not signing Haaland.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Like 1 year of Benzema would stop anyone from signing a generational striker, lol. That extra year to Benzema is insurance against not signing Haaland.

True. But i also don't think Madrid would ever pay what Raiola is going to ask for as a fee.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:26 pm

Firenze wrote:yeah smart from PSG ultimately if this happens, I thought they would be stubborn. Agree dropping 170M on a player who has no intention of playing for anyone else is dumb. You aren't gonna be winning shit with Mbappe and a bunch of tapas waiters supplying him
rofl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Like 1 year of Benzema would stop anyone from signing a generational striker, lol. That extra year to Benzema is insurance against not signing Haaland.

True. But i also don't think Madrid would ever pay what Raiola is going to ask for as a fee.
no one ever imagine anyone paying 180 millions for a player 1 year away from free agency. Market is no longer the same.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:29 pm

Nvm

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG did the smart thing... not financially because they don't really care.  But you don't block superstars from leaving if a great offer has been made and the person wants to go.  It's shortsighted.  No great player would ever sign with you again.
Except they literally did the exact thing with Neymar...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

no one ever imagine anyone paying 180 millions for a player 1 year away from free agency. Market is no longer the same.

After the ESL, this may be a reputational necessity for Perez imo. I honestly feel that Real Madrid were going to have a disastrous year when all was said and done.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Honestly seems like Pérez lost the negotiation but we probably said the same thing about Cristiano's transfer from United to Madrid too. And look how that one turned out.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:32 pm

danyjr wrote:
sportsczy wrote:PSG did the smart thing... not financially because they don't really care.  But you don't block superstars from leaving if a great offer has been made and the person wants to go.  It's shortsighted.  No great player would ever sign with you again.

PSG would have sold Neymar to any club but Barca... there's a LOT of bad blood there. PSG and Real Madrid used to be close. Now, they're cordial.

Real Madrid paying such a big number may also be a way to allow PSG to not lose face so that the relationship isn't killed. It cost money short term. But the benefits are much larger long term.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 pm

This is an absolute win for Perez and Madrid. PSG are FURIOUS. They never imagined this would happen, they thought with Messi Mbappe would sign a new deal. PSG are the clear losers here lol. They just let a generational talent escape their grasp before his prime lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 pm

danyjr wrote:Honestly seems like Pérez lost the negotiation but we probably said the same thing about Cristiano's transfer from United to Madrid too. And look how that one turned out.

He's 22. To me, you amortize the cost over the lifetime of a player's contributions. If Mbappe, were 25 or older, I'd agree with you.

Madrid can turn around and sell him for the same if not more in 5 years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:34 pm

If Madrid signs Mbappé for the reported fee, Leonardo and PSG have to stfu forever about Madrid being disrespectful.

You got €180m for a wantaway player who you would've lost for free a few months from now. It doesn't get more generous than this even in your wet dreams. Kindly sit down and shut the fuck up.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:
danyjr wrote:

PSG would have sold Neymar to any club but Barca... there's a LOT of bad blood there. PSG and Real Madrid used to be close. Now, they're cordial.

Real Madrid paying such a big number may also be a way to allow PSG to not lose face so that the relationship isn't killed. It cost money short term. But the benefits are much larger long term.

I believe this too. Not to mention both PSG and RM are also probably doing this to protectMbappe from the backlash after being booed before it was confirmed that he wanted to leave
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:This is an absolute win for Perez and Madrid. PSG are FURIOUS. They never imagined this would happen, they thought with Messi Mbappe would sign a new deal. PSG are the clear losers here lol. They just let a generational talent escape their grasp before his prime lol

They always knew. Mbappe made it clear he wanted to go to Madrid or play in one of the big teams in a bigger league before he even joined PSG.

PSG was just hoping they'd change his mind all these years. Mbappe has a career master plan that he's not going to deviate from. He's not stupid at all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:
danyjr wrote:Honestly seems like Pérez lost the negotiation but we probably said the same thing about Cristiano's transfer from United to Madrid too. And look how that one turned out.

He's 22. To me, you amortize the cost over the lifetime of a player's contributions. If Mbappe, were 25 or older, I'd agree with you.

I'm talking about the opportunity to sign him for free next season. 22 or 23 doesn't matter.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 pm

danyjr wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

I'm talking about the opportunity to sign him for free next season. 22 or 23 doesn't matter.

I don't trust the emotions and decision-making of 22-23 years olds lol. I know how I was at that age. He could wake up one morning and change his mind... not likely with Mbappe. But you don't take that chance imo. With players like that, you strike whenever there's an opportunity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next