Valkyrja
Kaladin
RealGunner
McAgger
Mr Nick09
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where are the great CF talents?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are the great CF talents?

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:42 am

Don't call me James wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
This kid will make it in Liverpool before Origi does, and he currently plays in Russia.

Origi has already made it at Liverpool.

I know right, the Liverpool bench is the best he'll achieve in his career.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Where are the great CF talents?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are the great CF talents?

Post by Abramovich Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:31 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
This kid will make it in Liverpool before Origi does, and he currently plays in Russia.

Origi has already made it at Liverpool.

I know right, the Liverpool bench is the best he'll achieve in his career.

Where are the great CF talents?  - Page 2 -Haha--meme-49115
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:Origi video was as a joke

Janssen was the best Eredivisie player lasts season

No.

e/ Just to explain this a bit:
Janssen played in the 2nd division before last season. He had good but not great numbers. Then he joined Alkmaar and he was the top scorer of the league. That's why he won POTY - because of the achievement. It also helped a lot that almost all he did happened in the 2nd part of the season. He only scored in 4 league games in the first half of the season.
You won't find a lot of people who actually think he was the best player in the league simply because he's lacking the talent for that.

It's a bit like Vardy last season.

Last edited by zigra on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Isn't Niang 26.

He plays in Serie Zzz.

26 years old there is a young prospect.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:47 pm

Myesyats wrote:

He plays in Serie Zzz.

He's 21 Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Belotti's season start, he was injured for a while but started well.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Myesyats wrote:

He plays in Serie Zzz.

What happened to forever a wonderkid Ogbonna ? rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:37 pm

rincon wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

He plays in Serie Zzz.

He's 21 Laughing

My statement still stands.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:48 pm

For younger players Johannes Eggestein, Kaj Sierhuis, Jose Gomes, Moise Kean, Renat Dadashov and Daishawn Redan are big talents coming up. Andre Silva too.

But if you want to watch a young beast in the making take a look at Leon Bailey. Fantastic young winger but scores fairly often.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:48 pm

cue @curtinho hyping Johannes Eggestein, who's promotion to the first team of Werder has so far resulted in zero minutes of Bundesliga football, and that despite both Pizarro and Max Kruse having been out injured the whole season so far.

Basically the greatest striking talent in the world, at the age of 18, can't get a single minute ahead of 19 year old Gambian youngster Manneh and some Islandic-American Eredivisie scrub called Johannsson.

It might all mean nothing, but I'll not be holding my breath for that one

EDIT:lmao curtinho actually preempted me. Great minds think alike Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:10 pm

tbf it's not like Bremen is doing themselves any favours. They're not using Eggestein but where has that gotten them? Surprised
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Curtinho wrote:tbf it's not like Bremen is doing themselves any favours. They're not using Eggestein but where has that gotten them? Surprised

That's a reasonable point of course. Still the bottom line is the kid is not getting any top league game time at all, at 18; in a situation where the competition is as weak as it can get in a top division club.
What's up with that? Surely it can't just be incompetence and blindness of the coaches.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:32 pm

From what I understood from a friend of mine that is pretty in touch with stuff on the ground in Germany (not sure how close you are) there's a lot of pressure for Bremen to not be relegated and the coach they have prefers experience over youth and thus cares maybe more about his own skin than development. Not to mention antiquated views on what a striker should be given Eggestein is not a traditional big man or anything like that.

I'll message him today and get his views on it and get back to you.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:37 pm

I don't know anything about anything behind the scenes at Bremen so any info is news and welcome.

But basically the coach they now have (since recently, as Interim) is the coach of the second team so if anyone should be close to Eggestein it should be him.
Of course, the need to battle relegation with some instant results applies to him as well.

Edit: Actually I just looked and found a very recent, pretty extensive interview with the kid from just a few days ago, with a local paper.
It's in German of course but basically he says he's not dissapointed at all so far with the lack of first team football, everything going as expected, he always considered it to be a difficult process to find his footing going from youth to professional football, he feels he can be patient, etc, he's even asked whether he's jealous of Manneh's being preferred lol and he says that that's ok and down to Manneh's 'physical advantage', and he consideres it an advantage that Nouri, as former 2nd team coach, is now first team coach as he feels Nouri is the one which knows and can judge him the best

http://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/werder-bundesliga_artikel,-Eggestein-%E2%80%9EIch-bin-deswegen-nicht-gefrustet%E2%80%9C-_arid,1489460.html

Also, Nouri is not considered Interim anymore as I wrote above, he's got the permanent job now. 'permanent' in quotes, that is.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I was hoping Martial was the chosen one but he has the mental make up of a scrub

?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:55 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I was hoping Martial was the chosen one but he has the mental make up of a scrub

?

Sadly I have to concur with this. For the amount of talent the kid possess his mentality is pretty poor. And thats why the recent question marks about his future at United.
I may be wrong and it may be because of the recent trouble brewing in his personal life and everything. So hopefully things will change for the good and soon.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:41 am

Glory wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

?

Sadly I have to concur with this. For the amount of talent the kid possess his mentality is pretty poor. And thats why the recent question marks about his future at United.
I may be wrong and it may be because of the recent trouble brewing in his personal life and everything. So hopefully things will change for the good and soon.

Again: There are "recent question marks" over Martial's future at United SOLELY because Mourinho is a negative pos who knows *bleep* all about how to treat, develop, and nurture young players, especially attacker.
His "mental make up" has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with this.
Remember, according to Mourinho neither Lukaku nor De Bruyne had the "mental makeup" to compete at a top team. The guy is a terrible manager for squad development.
And again: well done to hire such a manager the season after you splashed 80m € on such a youngster.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:15 pm

No love for Moussa Dembele?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Glory wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

?

Again: There are "recent question marks" over Martial's future at United SOLELY because Mourinho is a negative pos who knows *bleep* all about how to treat, develop, and nurture young players, especially attacker.
His "mental make up" has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with this.
Remember, according to Mourinho neither Lukaku nor De Bruyne had the "mental makeup" to compete at a top team. The guy is a terrible manager for squad development.
And again: well done to hire such a manager the season after you splashed 80m € on such a youngster.
Just for the record, while i agree with you his situation in club is not good, the reason why i say he might have the mental make up of a scrub is based on information i have gotten from french medias.

The opinion of his Deschamps and his former coach Jardim on his "attitude" and commitment is not very high... Yes his coach sucks, and yes his personal situation is a bit weird, but i dont see him trying to play through it and trying to skin defenders the same way he did last season when everything was going well.

Talent is clearly not the problem for him, but the way he walks around reminds me of benzema too much lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:38 pm

The two to watch in France youth teams are Odsonne Edouard and Jean Kevin Augustin in terms of true CFs.  Mbappe is more like a second striker.

Martial isn't being played as a CF so we won't know until he gets moved there either at Man U or somewhere else...  maybe never.  The fact that Thomas Lemar was called up to replace Kingsley Coman as opposed to Martial should send him a strong message...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:The two to watch in France youth teams are Odsonne Edouard and Jean Kevin Augustin in terms of true CFs.  Mbappe is more like a second striker.

Martial isn't being played as a CF so we won't know until he gets moved there either at Man U or somewhere else...  maybe never.  The fact that Thomas Lemar was called up to replace Kingsley Coman as opposed to Martial should send him a strong message...

It's a damn shame tbh. I think he could be a good cf. Had he known Mou would become mnaager I reckon he won't have goneto United. He would have been better off under Arsene. What do you think his next move will be? He has to leave imo. Utter farce.

Do you know anything about the relationship between him and Pogba?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Certain posters as usual can't identify what makes a player good outside of dribbling, martial is scrub now cause he ain't dribbling like before, the extent of knowledge on here is laughable, thankfully haps has some common sense to educate this joker.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Turns out Johannes Eggestein is not even the best Eggestein
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:08 pm

And Origi, as most people knew already, didn't make it big.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Origi couldn't even make an impression at Wolfsburg. Says it all, really. Only slightly above Mayoral level.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 pm

On topic, though, I will propose:

Jann-Fiete Arp, 18 years old, young HSV striker.

Kid is going places.

And by 'places', obviously I mean FC Bayern München.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next