Peccadillo
Myesyats
Nishankly
zigra
El Gunner
Adit
11 posters

Go down

Self driving vehicles, pro or against? Empty Self driving vehicles, pro or against?

Post by Adit Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:25 pm

I think governments should ban self driving cars. Several hundreds of Millions of people depends driving as a job and we as a world is in no way prepared to loss of massive amount of jobs.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Self driving vehicles, pro or against? Empty Re: Self driving vehicles, pro or against?

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:34 pm

pro
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Self driving vehicles, pro or against? Empty Re: Self driving vehicles, pro or against?

Post by zigra Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Lmao what?
Said the same in the Amazon GO thread. Automation is a good thing. We as a population have to work less. It's incredible how bad a society has to be set up that we consider less work a bad thing.

We shouldn't stop automation, we should just make sure that it benefits society as a whole.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Against, People underestimate the lower class working population and how trivial most jobs are yet people survive families on them.

Pro for expensive add-ons on cars.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:06 am

Pro obviously. We need to move forward.

I'd probably never get a self driving car though because I love driving by myself.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:50 am

My only question would be the ethical question of how we will program driverless vehicles to react in scenarios where one must choose to save the life of its passengers to the detriment of others. IE: If a driverless car was heading straight towards a class of children crossing the road, with cliffs on either side, will the vehicle plough through the children to preserve the passengers life or will it go over the cliff to save the children?

Will manufacturers program the vehicles in the same was to take evasive action? How will the way the vehicles are programmed effect the way vehicles from opposing manufacturers behave around one another? The manufacturers would surely need to be in cahoots on some level.

I don't care for the argument that people will lose jobs - adapt then ffs - do something else. Might as well say lets keep people drink/dangerous driving up so that we don't have to cut jobs from the police force.

Last edited by Peccadillo on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:54 am

Imo it's a really poor choice of school location, on a narrow gap between cliffs.

However in the distant future when this tech is legit in theory there would be far less of these decisions to make.

I'd say they'll weigh massively in favour of the driver, wouldn't personally want to spend x thousands on a vehicle that has absolute control only to decide it wants to kill me by driving off a cliff, as hilarious as that would be at a funeral.

Naaaaah, I pay I live imo.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:58 am

Well your view may have contributed to Mercedes decision to already commit to their customers rather than bystanders.

I am not sure the regulators will allow it though.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:28 am

Wouldn't mind the car to do neither and use its breaks hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Nishankly wrote:Against, People underestimate the lower class working population and how trivial most jobs are yet people survive families on them.

Pro for expensive add-ons on cars.

this.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Adit wrote:I think governments should ban self driving cars. Several hundreds of Millions of people depends driving as a job and we as a world is in no way prepared to loss of massive amount of jobs.

Should governments ban computers that cut thousands of jobs in science, accounting, mathematics, etc?

Should governments ban heavy machinnery like tractors or bulldozers that cut thousands of jobs in agriculture and construction?

And so on.

As every technological advance, it has benefits and costs, but humanity as a whole will benefit from it.

Me myself can't wait to buy a self-driven car to make my weekly commutes to Barcelona while sleeping, watching TV, reading or having sex in the back seat.

Imagine, going to sleep in Barcelona and waking up the next day in Paris, the whole family. A new revolution to transportation and travelling.

Imagine a fleet of autonomous single-seater electric vehicles that can be rented through your self-phone in advance and take you anywhere. The end of the public transport and its incoveniences.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Myesyats wrote:Pro obviously. We need to move forward.

I'd probably never get a self driving car though because I love driving by myself.

People who love driving just haven't driven enough.

What's the fun of spending 2 hours of your life cruising in a straight line at 100 km/h in a highway trying to not fall asleep?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:24 am

Ethics aside automation could become an issue
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm

In 50 years entire economy will crash due to automation. People will have no money to spend as they will have no jobs. What currently going on is companies are competing to automate so that they can out price their oppponents. They dont have to care now because money supply is ok now but when every body starts copying and every firm out there automate then there will not be any workers left and there wont be any customers to pay them as well.

When Ford was paying high salary some one asked him why he was not using machines instead of paying high salary to employees. His answer was that "because Machines dont buy cars" .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:25 am

Yeah long-ish term it's going to be a major issue, however right now the benefits outweigh the costs as you say. But we'll have to come up with a whole different economic system if 90% of the working class jobs and even a high percentage of more white collar jobs go to machines.

Either that, or when it hits boiling point, you'll see the reverse with companies competing to scale back automation when nobody wants to/can afford to buy anything beyond essentials.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:36 pm

It doesn't need to go that way. Automation will happen. Just that people who can't find a job, will have to make a living somehow, hence the state will increase taxes and give a minimum income. We'll all be better.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:44 pm

You can't just hand out a nice chunk of income to people who aren't contributing to the economy I.E unskilled labour forces that get replaced by machines. Inflation would just increase rapidly and you'd be back to square one. giving everybody enough money to live well isn't an option now, and it won't be when there are less jobs.

So let's say it happened today, 10 Million UK citizens for example found themselves out of a job. But the government gave them all a nice minimum living allowance of £40 a day, how long do you think it would be before a pint of Milk and a loaf of bread cost you £40? Not too long if a large portion of the country is getting good money for nothing in return.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:48 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:You can't just hand out a nice chunk of income to people who aren't contributing to the economy I.E unskilled labour forces that get replaced by machines. Inflation would just increase rapidly and you'd be back to square one. giving everybody enough money to live well isn't an option now, and it won't be when there are less jobs.

So let's say it happened today, 10 Million UK citizens for example found themselves out of a job. But the government gave them all a nice minimum living allowance of £40 a day, how long do you think it would be before a pint of Milk and a loaf of bread cost you £40? Not too long if a large portion of the country is getting good money for nothing in return.

Today's economy has nothing to do with the economy we will find ourselves when robotization takes over.
No job is safe. Machines are even composing music that is as good as ours. They'll be even designing and programing themselves in time (last jobs to be lost, but they'll be lost). Only politicians, CEOs and some services jobs are safe.

When "all" the jobs are done by robots and the unemployment rate is 40%, there will be a basic income. And there won't be inflation, as inflation only happens if there is scarcity. When robots take over, products will be aplentier and cheaper (that's why companies will use robots, because they cut costs and have higher productivity, hence, cheaper products, not more expensive, that also applies to farming where robotization will also be appliable.)
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:59 am

against. autonomous vehicles are always scary because of design flaws no matte how much they try to perfect it. mistakes like these costs lives.
also whatever happened to the passion and taste of driving? are we going that lazy ? XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:00 am

autonomous vehicles for the needy and disabled people who need help ... maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:02 am

I know self driving semi-trucks exist but it's still very experimental, used only on highways as a convoy of trucks following each other. With obviously the driver inside.

Against mostly because in the end it would put me on welfare Laughing

Well i spend my days on the roads, i see unpredictable stuff happen all the time, people drive like shit already. Would a car without any driver be more dangerous ? i don't think so assuming it will pass lots of safety test. The worst drivers are those who don't anticipate, a bunch of sensors can do better than majority of people.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum