Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
Unique
21 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm going to give Persona a try eventually, not sure when though because Zelda is going to take me months lmao.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:59 pm

same boat and I actually like anime/manga

I'm gonna get it but wouldn't be surprised if I drop it after a few hours, depends on the story because I don't know if I'll like the gameplay, on the fence

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Skyrim remastered is like £20 over here now isn't it?

Think it's 40€ on PC

Skyrim Legendary edition is like 10€ most places and that gives you Special Edition for free.

10€ is what I'd pay for the Interesting NPC's mod (I'd go up to 30€ for that mod, it's more than expansion pack good)

So always worth it.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:06 pm

http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-sad-ghost-war-between-breath-of-the-wild-and-horizon-zero-dawn/

Starting to like him even if he sounds like a pleb.

It's embarrassing lol, both are great games and do things better and worse and nothing like each other tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:28 am

The Music in Nier: Automata is so beautiful and unique, I sometimes forget what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't know if the vocals are in french or arabic or latin or a whole range of different languages, but it sounds great. I'd say the music counts for about 80% of the atmosphere of the game. I just did a side quest where I opted to tell the quest giver the hard truth about a fallen soldier I had recovered, as opposed to keeping her in the dark about it. Apparently, the soldier intended to become a deserter, but ended up dying instead. The music suddenly turned eerie after I revealed it to the quest giver... I wonder if I just created a monster or something Razz Feels like I just made a decision that will backfire on me later on, when I thought it was just an irrelevant side quest.

Was listening to this song while walking towards a particular destination. Ended up leaving a trail of dead animals because I got so pumped up from the marching drum rhythm Laughing

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:51 am

might get ghost recon

pray 4 me
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:04 am

LMFAO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:33 am

What the hell mate Razz You might as well admit that you hated Yakuza 0 at this point, lol.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:39 am

I was gonna say, surely it's a better idea to finish stuff you have already.

That's what i'm going to do if i decide not to get Mass Effect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:33 am

Want something casual to play for a couple weeks before Persona, Yakuza is draining man, gotta invest like 50+ hours into it and be prepared to read walls of text, whereas something like Ghost Recon you can just switch off and play. I probably won't get it anyway.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:58 am

Man, you're such a pessimist Razz I didn't really feel that I had to read walls of text in Yakuza. The very start of the game was pretty text heavy, and I almost lost interest at that point in the game. I just started skipping all of the dialogues that I knew weren't going to be all that important or interesting to read. You can skip dialogue texts by pressing X, by the way. Apart from the dialogues, there's quite a lot of action in the main storyline. I also thought the CGI parts were acted out really well, but then again, I found the story to be both interesting and immersive.

The best parts of the main story caught my attention and made me want to read the text. It didn't feel like a chore to read the text, once it actually became interesting to read what the characters were saying. If you don't think the story is interesting, then you might as well skip through it all. Aside from that, you'll spend most of the time doing sidequests and mini-games. There's tons of mini-games. More than in any other game I've played, including Mario Party, lol. If you're just reading walls of text, then I don't know what the hell you're doing. If you manage to get to the part where you're entering an acupuncture clinic as Majima, then you'll get a certain sense of what the main story has in store for you. If that doesn't catch your attention, and you think the sidequests and mini-games suck, then you can always go back to vintage OVERWATCH banana
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:20 am

I wish I could play games in a vacuum, and never see ANYTHING about any game before I play it.

All the previews, behind the scenes, reviews, and the freaking hype train, is just ruining the mystery behind it.

It's like the entire amorphous structure of the internet combining to form barriers around your tastes, preferences, and there is always a constant message of hate and ridicule.

"You are a baby if you like this" or "you are an idiot hipster dofus if you don't like that"

It sucks for someone to go into a game they might like and probably give an 8 or 9 to, but everyone else is giving 10s. Most likely, they will enjoy it less than they would have otherwise.

Similarly, going into a game you may actually give a 9, but everyone is hating it and giving it a 7, and it will make you doubt you enjoyment.

Of course, different people are susceptible in different ways, and most cannot see how their biases are moved through the massive influence of the internet.

I miss going into some shady store downtown and buying 10 games I have not idea about for a about 30$. Most were garbage, some were gold, but for all of them, I feel like it was with my own uninfluenced opinion that I played them, and I bloody miss that.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 am

Stay away from too many reviews and previews. I used to be all about them but I stopped. I can't remember the last time I read a review before I played a game. Even for FFXV, a game that I was waiting for for years, I never read much analysis or watched previews, just the trailers. For Nioh I didn't even know the game existed until firenze brought it up.

I remember being a kid and going to a store just to browse and get a game (pre-internet days for me), and the store had a screen playing the intro to The Curse of Monkey Island. It got me hooked and I bought it. GOAT game, GOAT experience. First point and click adventure game I played too. It was great to go in with 0 knowledge of anything.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 am

Firenze wrote:Want something casual to play for a couple weeks before Persona, Yakuza is draining man, gotta invest like 50+ hours into it and be prepared to read walls of text, whereas something like Ghost Recon you can just switch off and play. I probably won't get it anyway.

Why not just play overwatch lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Spot on SPencer, reviews, previews and over exposure in general have ruined games for me. Some of the best games i've ever played i didn't know anything about at all. Hate the current era we are in now, you just get bombarded by videos, screenshots, tidbit info etc. I mean, its fine if you have an announcement, teaser, trailer etc. But you see companies do, trailer 1, trailer 2, N7 day trailer, launch day trailer, Ryder story trailer, Andromeda ship trailer etc. Its nigh madness, you might as well play the game for me while you're at it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm

ES wrote:Spot on SPencer, reviews, previews and over exposure in general have ruined games for me. Some of the best games i've ever played i didn't know anything about at all. Hate the current era we are in now, you just get bombarded by videos, screenshots, tidbit info etc. I mean, its fine if you have an announcement, teaser, trailer etc. But you see companies do, trailer 1, trailer 2, N7 day trailer, launch day trailer, Ryder story trailer, Andromeda ship trailer etc. Its nigh madness, you might as well play the game for me while you're at it

Preach brother. Preach.

Stopped looking at all of that now. First trailer at E3 etc and that's it.

I was hating on Horizon because of the trailers as it looked really meh. But then I stopped looking at stuff and just tried the game and loved it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Thing is, nowadays you can't buy 10 games for $30. Previews, trailers and reviews give you an indication whether a game is worth $60 spending money on. There is a limit to it though. What EA is doing with Mass Effect Andromeda is ridiculous. Ubisoft does it for all their games too.

Reviews are great, trailers are fine, gameplay video that tells nothing about the story also are ok but videos worth of hours of content? Nah gtfo with that. I saw Mafia 3 videos and knew I would find the game meh, so I never bought it. Played it at a friend's house and I was glad I did not spend money on it. FF XV I liked what I saw from the gameplay videos and bought it, and enjoyed it as far as I got. Nowadays its hard to blindly buy games unless they are second hand at CEX for 10 quid.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Agree with M99 tbh.

Also i don't usually care for reviews tbh as i usually knew well before release if i'm going to like a game or not.

I find it pretty easy to make my own mind up tbh, the only reason i'm waiting for Mass Effect reviews is because i have some very specific questions i want answered.

I don't care about the score, more that i want to know if the story is good, if the quest design is actually passable (i.e not littered with fetch quests) and how bad the animations truly are.

If i get positive answers to that i will buy it, the score itself doesn't matter.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Just a note on that 30$ number.

That is for 10 pirated (copied) games. Not for games at the time.

Also, for most people who have a job, the thing they are worid about more is time, not money.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

Just a note on that 30$ number.

That is for 10 pirated (copied) games. Not for games at the time.

Also, for most people who have a job, the thing they are worid about more is time, not money.

This is true btw lol, ironic thing is when you don't work you think of all the money you can spend but you have no time to actually spend it. Laughing

It's a vicious circle lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:26 pm

how long did everybody's gone to the rapture take you to finish RG? might start it next few days, need something chill to play
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:28 am

It took me like 3-4 days to finish because i kept getting lost and going back to old places i already explored because i thought i missed something.

Should take you 2 days at best.

remember to hold R2 to walk faster.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

For Honor players did the math on its microtransactions and aren't happy about it

@ General Games Discussion - Page 31 370c2b9d6abd501b023d565849a4b543
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:11 pm

also that enthusiasm Mole had for..For Honor died instantly ffs, did you even buy it? I don't think you mentioned it after 2 days

I knew that game would come and go
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:17 pm

I liked the game and bought it yes, everyone having op as *bleep* gear due to micro transactions pissed me off though.

Would probably be still playing otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:20 pm

thought it was just cosmetic stuff lol, unreal scummy practices from Ubisoft
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine