BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:55 am

Stopping watching these shows after Luke Cage season 1 is the best investment I’ve ever made.

Shows were dreary and not enjoyable to watch, stretched out for way too long.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 am

Firenze wrote:Netflix cancels Daredevil

good riddance

No surprise there, it's straight up garbage TV.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 am

Lol at all the intellectuals here acting like it got cancelled because its bad.

Disney is opening their own streaming website which is why all are getting taken of Netflix. Daredevil is on the top 5 streamed shows on Netflix so its not like no one watches it and it loses money. And season 3 was critically acclaimed and regarded as the best season of any comic book show ever so Netflix did not suddenly realise its bad and cancel it.

Butheyhomarvelsuckslol
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am

M99 wrote:Lol at all the intellectuals here acting like it got cancelled because its bad.

Disney is opening their own streaming website which is why all are getting taken of Netflix. Daredevil is on the top 5 streamed shows on Netflix so its not like no one watches it and it loses money. And season 3 was critically acclaimed and regarded as the best season of any comic book show ever so Netflix did not suddenly realise its bad and cancel it.

Butheyhomarvelsuckslol

Not a single person on here said what ever you’re trying to pin on us.

We’re just expressing our personal opinions on the show.

Also let’s not act like these shows were all critically acclaimed. Half of them were shat on to underwhelming.

The critically acclaimed ones had Metascores in the high 60s/ low 70s. Jessica Jones season 1 and Daredevil season 1 really the only widely acclaimed ones.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:55 am

"no surprise there, straight up garbage" does imply it got cancelled because its bad.

Also DD3 is 93 on RT, higher than most of your average shows on Netflix and on par with the likes of Narcos and Bodyguard.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:03 am

M99 wrote:"no surprise there, straight up garbage" does imply it got cancelled because its bad.

Also DD3 is 93 on RT, higher than most of your average shows on Netflix.

Almost every show is “critically acclaimed” if you use rotten tomatoes’ tv ratings.

Every show is above 75% on RT.

Flash has three seasons at 90% and that show is terrible after season 1.

Hell Arrow is the same. All these shows only have reviews from 20 people who like these shows so much they’ve managed to get through 2+ seasons. Hard to get negative reviews after that.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:24 am

It seems to me that they are cancelling the shows, but not some of the characters so much. When they cancelled Iron Fist, they said he would basically "live on". Similar language in the DD announcement too. I think Disney definitely plans to use these characters in future properties, just not as they exist right now and likely not with the same actors. Mike Colter is done with Luke Cage so that's definitely happening, but I could totally see Iron Fist coming back as it was the most toned down of all of the shows anyway. Toning down Daredevil is doable too. I don't see it happening for Punisher or Jessica Jones though.

I almost hope they find their way to Hulu since Disney owns that too through Fox and it already has Runaways, but I don't have high hopes for that happening.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am

My guess is they cancelled it because it wasn’t a popular enough universe and it isn’t worth keeping it and potentially confusing it with their upcoming Millarworld series.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 pm

Watched a few movies this weekend:

"Nothing to Hide"
French film that was released last month, but already dubbed in English (good dubbing)...7 friends from elementary school (3 couples and a guy) get together for a friendly dinner, wine cheese as you'd expect...and they decide to play a game that everyone puts their phone on the table and everytime someone received a text/notification/call they have to read it out loud/answer on speaker/ show everyone. Disaster ensues of course but it's so entertaining recommend !!

"Crazy Rich Asians"
A bit of a chick flick, but not hollywoody, so it was difference....plus a great insight into life and traditions of hardcore Asians from the main land. Enjoyed it
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:26 pm

crazy rich asians was a good surprised, yes.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:15 pm

American Vandal was surprisingly great.

The cast was great, all of them actually looked like high schoolers instead of people in their mid-20s (except Jimmy Tatro), and wow the acting was so natural. All of them behaved and acted like actual high schoolers. The way they talked, fought with each other and made up, the jokes, use of social media, they nailed it.

On to the show itself. First season was absolutely hilarious. But what surprised me is how well they made an actual mystery. Legit has you binging to see the solution to the mystery.

Overall, I liked season 1 quite a bit more than season 2. Probably because the main "filmmakers" had more of a personal connection in season 1, as they were in the same school and interacting with their friends. Also thought it was way funnier. Season 2 was good but yeah, poop disgusts me and I nearly stopped after the first episode. But season 2 has the best written character of the series in DeMarcus.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:30 am

Hmm worth a watch. Added to my list.

----------------------

Finished The Romanoffs on Amazon. Was good to see Matthew Weiner and some of his regulars from Mad Men again.

Really liked episodes 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8. The rest were meh. Great ensemble casts for each episode and as classical music fan, I like the intro music (up until Tom Petty pops in). Overall an interesting take on what life is probably like for the real-life descendants of the Romanov dynasty, meaning they're probably as dysfunctional as the rest of us. I can only hope they are unaware of their lineage. Probably for the better.

6.5/10
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 am

‘Daredevil’: Netflix Turned A Blind Eye To Viewer Demand By Canceling Marvel Series

https://deadline.com/2018/12/daredevil-netflix-marvel-studios-luke-cage-iron-fist-jessica-jones-punisher-disney-1202514072/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 am

I almost feel like this whole thing showed quite a lack of foresight on Netflix's part. Why not try to get any kind of stake in the IP? To have none of it and thus no real control over what happens to it on your platform is quite odd.

Someone over that to know 4 years ago that Disney would eventually launch a competitor with the direction they were going in with all this Marvel content. One would think they'd have been better prepared for it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:14 am

Patriot on Prime is an amazing show. Legit one of the best dark comedies of all time. It's as good as Fargo overall. In fact better than seasons 2 and 3. Season 1 Fargo is the goat though.

Seriously do yourself a favor and watch it. Barely anybody watches it unfortunately. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:50 am

Added to my Amazon watchlist. Will give it a go Thumbs up
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:10 am

McLewis wrote:I almost feel like this whole thing showed quite a lack of foresight on Netflix's part. Why not try to get any kind of stake in the IP? To have none of it and thus no real control over what happens to it on your platform is quite odd.

Someone over that to know 4 years ago that Disney would eventually launch a competitor with the direction they were going in with all this Marvel content. One would think they'd have been better prepared for it.

They have been prepared for this though.

They’ve bought the rights to all of Mark Millar’s works, while making a huge library of original products.
If anyone has prepared themselves best I’d say it’s Netflix.

They’ve basically been in a race to become HBO, before HBO becomes Netflix.

Netflix has about 1000 originals right now. They had less than 500 8 months ago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Freeza wrote:
McLewis wrote:I almost feel like this whole thing showed quite a lack of foresight on Netflix's part. Why not try to get any kind of stake in the IP? To have none of it and thus no real control over what happens to it on your platform is quite odd.

They have been prepared for this though.

They’ve bought the rights to all of Mark Millar’s works, while making a huge library of original products.
If anyone has prepared themselves best I’d say it’s Netflix.

They’ve basically been in a race to become HBO, before HBO becomes Netflix.

Netflix has about 1000 originals right now. They had less than 500 8 months ago.

I suppose we'll have see if the Millar works will be enough to offset the loss of these titles. Netflix's gambles have come good more often than not.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Some show that got decent reviews and already renewed for a second season releases today on Netflix, and I'm interested.

Kingdom - set in 15th century Korea, it's a zombie show.

I've also been interested in the source material for this upcoming Amazon show called 'The Boys' for like..well, many years. Looks like it has potential.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Posted about 'The Boys' a while back. It does look interesting but let's see.

Very much interested in Kingdom though. Will watch that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 am

Been smashing Netflix recently. Punisher season 2, Better Call Saul season 4, almost done with Mindhunter. Probably Godless next.

Want to get into Bosch from Amazon too.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:08 am

I liked Mindhunter, the psyche of a psychopath analysis is pretty interesting. Only seen season 1 though
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:10 am

Is there a 2nd season already?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:24 am

no
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:03 pm

watched the first episode of godless a while back and it's pretty good.

Watch la casa de papel firenze
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:37 pm

nadie tiene tiempo para eso
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next