Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:11 am

WTF IS UP WITH FOLEY LMFAO

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:25 am

fml i forgot

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:45 am

raw is awful ffs

need some new blood asap, literally just reigns/jericho/rollins/owens in the main event scene 24/7 and then fodder

will just catch the goldberg segment on youtube tomorrow, ain't nobody got time fo dis
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:13 am

Dat moment when you realize 50 yr old Goldberg looks more ripped than Reigns
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:11 am

Firenze wrote:raw is awful ffs

need some new blood asap, literally just reigns/jericho/rollins/owens in the main event scene 24/7 and then fodder

will just catch the goldberg segment on youtube tomorrow, ain't nobody got time fo dis

That means they need new storylines imo, the roster is fine it's just being used incorrectly. Smackdown used Ziggler, Miz, Ambrose and Styles for as long but it was interesting because the storylines were good and each week it felt different.

Because as you say nobody is being used Laughing and it's the same shit each week. Put Reigns in a match with Jericho/Owens, have Reigns win then Rollins comes out to help him against them and they stand tall lol.

Yawn.... It's so unbelievably bad.

I enjoyed the Goldberg segment though, didn't expect them to involve him with Jericho, Owens, Reigns and Strowman tbh.

Haven't watched any other segment and unless I hear I should I won't.

Also as much I liked the segment it was obvious it was designed to try and get Reigns over for the millionth time lol. Also I hate what they have done to Owen's character, sure his segments with Jericho are entertaining but it seems to have come with the price of turning him into a bitch coward.

I miss Prize Fighter Kevin Owens Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:33 am

Not quite sure about them associating Goldberg with the current roster. Gives off the feeling that they're all on par with him. Fair enough he's in the rumble and he's going to be competing against them, but still. Doesn't really need to interact with them because there's no need to build heat. He comes in at the rumble, beats people up and leaves/wins. More than enough.

Need to maintain his larger than life attraction aura imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:43 am

It didn't hurt his aura at all, nobody touched him.

Besides this IMO at least much preferable than another "Your Next" promo which is what i expected.

Also if you are trying to sell Goldberg will win the rumble then you need to at least build some sort of interaction between him, Owens and Reigns for the future title match.

I of course don't think Goldberg will win the rumble but you need to at least try and sell the idea of it and for that his possible opponents need to be there.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:17 pm

rofl

They just had to put Reigns there lmao
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:43 pm

In fairness they do.

He's the no 1 contender, Goldberg is going in the rumble. They have to sell it as a possibility. It's no different to any other rumble in history really.

The issue with it is how they did it as it was obvious they were trying to put Reigns over as much as possible, but Reigns being in the segment had to happen because he's in the title match.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Owens looked bada** & owned Goldberg on the mic. They need to throw Reigns away, guy is a disease!

The roster is so thin - They keep doing the same matches time & again!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:44 pm

I have said this before but the roster isn't thin, at least on Raw. They just use the same people over and over again in the same segments/matches over and over again.

Honestly it's one of things, among many that they used to be good at but suck at now. They used to be able to use many different people on a show and now they seem incapable of it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Look at 2.43 Laughing

Stephaine's titanton rofl
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 pm

The Owens-Goldberg faceoff was one of the funniest faceoffs I've ever seen. WWE in 2017 Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:46 pm

AnJl wrote:

Look at 2.43 Laughing

Stephaine's titanton rofl

OMG lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:16 pm

People wonder they used to get concussed lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:08 am

Miz " I want to know how Renee Young can sleep at night when she gave up her journalistic integrity for dirty deeds with Dean Ambrose ".

Miz Da GOAT.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:38 am

The amount of storytelling in this show :bow: If only Raw did the same instead of the same shit every week it might be watchable.

Dolph heel turn, Carmella and Ellsworth segments, Miz and Ambrose stuff, Luchadora storyline with Becky and Alexa etc and the usual quality Wyatt promo.

AJ and Cena segment was great, they don't just have amazing chemistry in the ring but on the mic too. Don't remember a single bad segment from them.

Also Natalya said to Nikki " Beauty wains and when it does John will leave you and you will die alone " damn.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:43 am

Undertaker and HBK in Raw next week>>>>>
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:50 am

HBK is there to promote his film, Taker is there to state he's in the rumble.

AKA who gives a damn lol. I will never understand when people get excited about old legends coming back when the segments are usually boring as hell and the storytelling is non existent.

I would have thought entertainment would be the main aim, oh well.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:03 am

Yep. Cena-Styles segment was great. One thing I don't like about AJ though is he cuts his part of the promo and stands there like his job is done and that's all he got to do. Why not attempt a comeback or something ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:06 am

S wrote:Yep. Cena-Styles segment was great. One thing I don't like about AJ though is he cuts his part of the promo and stands there like his job is done and that's all he got to do. Why not attempt a comeback or something ?

It's how the segment was built tbf. Cena sat there and said nothing the whole time AJ was speaking. Said his peace and then Corbin came out.

It's just how it is when you heavily script your talent, i suppose his way of comeback was the kick to the head lol.

You are not likely to see an old school style of promo really, they have their template and stick to it.

I agree with you though, i would prefer more of a back and forth than i shit on you for 5 mins and then you shit on me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:12 am

Well if you watch the Punk-Cena promos for example, you don't get the same feeling. The segment keeps flowing and its within the script. When Cena was cutting his promo, AJ stood there almost emotionless imo holding that title like a little boy. Sometimes these delicate details matters imo in a promo like this.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:18 am

That was 5 years ago though, they were not even scripted as much in 2011(more than attitude era though) compared to now.

When i watch most promos these days i see the same thing, i would much prefer it be how you say but i'm struggling to think of a segment this year where it didn't happen.

Usually one person says what he's going to say, the other person stands there and then vice versa. There's less of a flow compared to the Punk example.

I don't feel like that's exclusive to any one guy, they all seem to do it, if you can point out a promo from this year where it doesn't happen fair enough but i'm struggling to think of one.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:27 am

Also the way Ambrose was booked to beat Miz was Reigns like Laughing

Only difference is Reigns is booked like it every week for 3+ years, my only real complaint of another very good show tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:29 am

You can't match the promos between Cena-Punk. Both were elite level on the mic.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:32 am

I don't know Mole, some guys just seem to have that knack to make a promo go with the flow. They don't stand idle and take the insults like AJ did today. Look at KO or Jericho for example, especially KO among the new breed of wrestlers who always feels the need to interrupt the other guy or trash talk to the crowd which I'm sure ain't part of the script. Well you can say that's his gimmick or character but that enhances a promo compared to AJ where I felt it was more mechanical especially in regards to today's segment.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next