How good was/is Ze Roberto?

3 posters

Go down

How good was/is Ze Roberto? Empty How good was/is Ze Roberto?

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 pm

For those that probably follow the German or Brazil league, Im curious how good he was?

I remember him being asked to be the main midfielder for the 2006 WC team, and I thought he looked very good and able to do his job, but that team was so unbalanced trying to fit Ronaldo, Adraino, Kaka, Ronalinho into one team its failure was not surprising. Also saw him a little bit for Bayern, but I never really followed the German league much back then. I know he went to Bayern a second time after a year at Santos but it didnt seem to work out and he went to Hamburg which I didnt follow at all pretty much.

Just reading up on Gabriel Jesus and found out Ze Roberto is actually now 42 and played in the midfield that won them the league last season? Now how amazing is that? To be at that age playing in the midfield that wins a league title.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

How good was/is Ze Roberto? Empty Re: How good was/is Ze Roberto?

Post by titosantill Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm

he did his job well, not goat-level obviously as there where many others better than him. i don't think he made the 02 world cup team, and wasn't stellar with us, but he wasn't a bad player, and his technique was alright, a threat from set pieces (especially at leverkusen)...its like asking how great say, cameronesi was, obviously if you're a juve fan you'd exalt him....i'll give you this, he was a very professional player, he was NOT effenberg, neither was ballack. they joined bayern after effenberg left, and i felt they really missed effenberg especially in ucl...

ze roberto was alright. but that's how fierce competition was then. you had so many of those kind of players spread out on a bunch of teams, who could turn it up at anytime...ze roberto, djalminha camorenesi zola (who was very good) and many more
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 am

BarcaLearning wrote:but that team was so unbalanced trying to fit Ronaldo, Adraino, Kaka, Ronalinho into one team its failure was not surprising.

No it was not.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down