Kick
Hapless_Hans
Curtinho
Unique
Collblanc
45 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13 - Page 19 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Unique Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:Tottenham's best season ever

0 trophies
0 trophies clearly means its not been the best season ever for them. hmm

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13 - Page 19 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Firenze wrote:Pochettino outclassing Conte AGAIN so far, can't see Chelsea getting another goal from a FK/Pen.

Can see Poch at Barca this summer

You were saying?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 pm

zigra wrote:
Disagree with Özil and Fabregas having better years in the past. They had better years than their current ones but not as good as prime Eriksen. Eriksen is better than both ever were. His quality, not his creativity.

I don't need to watch a single second of this season to know you are unbelievably bias and talking out of your ass.

There was a time when Ozil and Fabregas where undeniably two of the best midfielders in the world.

Get out of here lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Firenze wrote:Pochettino outclassing Conte AGAIN so far, can't see Chelsea getting another goal from a FK/Pen.

You were saying?
boom. head shot for frenzy cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Özil and Fabregas two best midfielders scratch

Were Iniesta, Xavi, Pirlo etc all playing a different sport or what ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 pm

S wrote:Özil and Fabregas two best midfielders scratch

"Two of " Do you struggle with the basics of reading?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

You were saying?

similar story all season with Chelsea, pulling out wins when you've been outplayed IMO

feel like the Hazard goal were your first shot in the second half
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
zigra wrote:
Disagree with Özil and Fabregas having better years in the past. They had better years than their current ones but not as good as prime Eriksen. Eriksen is better than both ever were. His quality, not his creativity.

I don't need to watch a single second of this season to know you are unbelievably bias and talking out of your ass.

There was a time when Ozil and Fabregas where undeniably two of the best midfielders in the world.

Get out of here lol.

And now Eriksen is.. Laughing I'm not saying he's on the same level as someone like Thiago but of course neither Özil nor Fabregas ever reached that level either.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Thiago Laughing I'm a fan quite evidently but stop.

When Eriksen performs against the very best in Europe like those two did come back to me instead of being outplayed by Neverkusen and CSKA.

I know people like to rewrite history but the only people on those two's league in their prime as AMs for Madrid and Arsenal respectively was Iniesta and that's a stretch considering he's not really an AM to begin with.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:Özil and Fabregas two best midfielders scratch

"Two of " Do you struggle with the basics of reading?

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13 - Page 19 Tenor

At no point in their careers were either among the best.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Yes they was, stop rewriting history because it suits your agenda.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Firenze wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

You were saying?

similar story all season with Chelsea, pulling out wins when you've been outplayed IMO

Spurs were no doubt the more active footballing side today as have many teams been against Chelsea this season, but peculiarly enough scoring goals at one end and keeping them out at the other is what wins games more than pretty passing round the opposition half amounting to nothing. Which explains Pochettino's list of managerial honours.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Firenze wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

You were saying?

This idea that having more possession means you're outplaying the other team needs to stop. You know better than this. That match should have ended 5-2 today if Costa wasn't being an idiot as usual.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Jermain Jenas almost in tears here rofl rofl rofl

I'm heading over to Fighting Cock for some entertainment.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Laughing

Apart from the two passes from Eriksen, Spurs created *bleep* all.

Side to side passes going nowhere isn't outplaying.

Both teams were hardly doing anything until Hazard and Fabregas came on and then Chelsea created chances in droves and fully deserved their victory.

As someone who doesn't usually watch though, i was very unimpressed with the quality of play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Jermain Jenas almost in tears here rofl rofl rofl

I'm heading over to Fighting Cock for some entertainment.

You know you're providing some tragic commentary when Alan Shearer is the voice of clarity and reason.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Thiago Laughing I'm a fan quite evidently but stop.

When Eriksen performs against the very best in Europe like those two did come back to me instead of being outplayed by Neverkusen and CSKA.

I know people like to rewrite history but the only people on those two's league in their prime as AMs for Madrid and Arsenal respectively was Iniesta and that's a stretch considering he's not really an AM to begin with.

You call me biased then come up with shit like this. Thiago is 3 classes above what these two ever showed. He's Xavi level.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Created chances in droves Laughing until Hazard's goal the best chance they created following the subs was winning a corner well away from the penalty box. Again there was nothing until another opportunistic strike by Matic. Only after that did they create up to 3 chances only one of which was clear cut. Still I don't agree with Jenas, i thought Spurs were very slow in possession and alittle unimaginative. I don't know how anyone can rate Kane, runs around like he has concrete legs. Poch made the wrong subs, Walker added absolutely nothing, in fact he made them more predictable
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Thiago better than Özil scratch
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 pm

zigra wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Thiago Laughing I'm a fan quite evidently but stop.

He's Xavi level.

You are not helping yourself and proving why i don't discuss football anymore.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Why do you think you can still judge players when you don't watch football anymore? Serious question.
Yeah I've been exaggerating a bit but Thiago has been the best midfielder in the world this season. Something that can't be said about Fabregas and Özil.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Ozil has comfortably been a top 3 CAM in the last 5 years.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Created chances in droves Laughing until Hazard's goal the best chance they created following the subs was winning a corner well away from the penalty box. Again there was nothing until another opportunistic strike by Matic. Only after that did they create up to 3 chances only one of which was clear cut. Still I don't agree with Jenas, i thought Spurs were very slow in possession and alittle unimaginative. I don't know how anyone can rate Kane, runs around like he has concrete legs. Poch made the wrong subs, Walker added absolutely nothing, in fact he made them more predictable

Apart from the 2 goals that went in for Spurs, how many chances did they create? Don't be silly. Lot of possession and pretty much the same number of chances we created by the end of the game.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:07 pm

I don't think Spurs were any better. It was an even game, neither team created many chances. Final scoreline was very very harsh seeing as the Hazard's goal come at the back of some heavy pressure from Spurs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:10 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I don't think Spurs were any better. It was an even game, neither team created many chances. Final scoreline was very very harsh seeing as the Hazard's goal come at the back of some heavy pressure from Spurs

That's a fair assessment of it. I think we did well to contain their pressure. Clever game plan to harass spurs with runners (Pedro & Willian) early on and then bring on Hazard when we were sitting back. It was a great game to watch but a great man once said "lads, it's Spurs".
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:10 pm

zigra wrote:Why do you think you can still judge players when you don't watch football anymore? Serious question.

Because it wasn't 10 *bleep* years ago ffs.

It's like i'm talking a brick wall, as far as Eriksen's concerned i watched him for 5+ years and he's not going to magically change over a 6 month period and today proved that.

Thiago has always been amazing but injury prone, glad he's beginning to get over that but again same thing.

You guys are acting like i'm coming in from the 90s and just got off watching Ronaldo and Vieri ffs.

Players don't massively change over a year span talent wise, they might get better mentally, physically and maybe get more consistent but they don't magically change.

It's so *bleep* annoying to see such lazy and boring retorts because you literally have nothing worthwhile to respond with.

If i was talking about players who had established themselves over the last year or so then fair enough, but i'm not. I have seen these players since they have been in their teens and a year or so of not watching them isn't going to effect my take on them.

I just won't bother in the future, because obviously me seeing players since they were 18 and younger for 5 plus years doesn't matter because i haven't watched in a year i can't possibly know about them.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next