guest7
Winter is Coming
Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 23 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Nah, I don't think it's his fault. It's just all about tempering expectations. He went from all time great side that was perfectly built to him to a weaker side that wasn't.

The Juve board probably thinks he'd be enough to get them over the teams they've lost to, but in reality Ronaldo had a great supporting cast at Madrid who came through when he didn't. He doesn't have that at Juve. He's also gotten older, so I can't really fault him. I just wonder how much longer he's going to stay there.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 23 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Lex Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:07 pm

I liked his little ballet twirl to avoid the free kick that went in Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 pm

Lex wrote:I liked his little ballet twirl to avoid the free kick that went in Laughing

That I fault him for. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:12 pm

Yea that was awful
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:14 pm

Lex wrote:I liked his little ballet twirl to avoid the free kick that went in Laughing

Hey, if you can't score points in the game, might as well attempt to score points with the judges hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:36 pm

Cristiano is easily the biggest disappointment in Juve's history (relatively to the expectations).

He gets paid €31m per season (by far the highest salary in Serie A).

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 23 J7lDDN8

When CR7 joined Juve, people said he would bring them UCL-titles like he did with Real Madrid.

After all, CR7 was the driving force of Real Madrid's UCL dynasty with 4 titles in 5 years.

But Juve haven't got past Round of 16 in last two seasons.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 am

Did the people that say that actually believe it though?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:36 am

Watching Juve vs Porto made me realize that I’m not familliar with half of their current crop of players. Were they fielding players from their B-team?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 am

Varnagel wrote:Cristiano is easily the biggest disappointment in Juve's history (relatively to the expectations).

He gets paid €31m per season (by far the highest salary in Serie A).

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 23 J7lDDN8

When CR7 joined Juve, people said he would bring them UCL-titles like he did with Real Madrid.

After all, CR7 was the driving force of Real Madrid's UCL dynasty with 4 titles in 5 years.

But Juve haven't got past Round of 16 in last two seasons.

Fair point all I have to say that all those who were giving cr all the credit for the CL titles, can finally wake up and realize that was only ever possible thanks to the tremendous effort of the the madrid players people shit on after he left, so now they can stfu about how Flo messed up, cr screwed himself and put some respect on the team as a whole.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:04 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did the people that say that actually believe it though?

They definitely believed it considering no one acknowledged he was surrounded by one of the best midfield trios, one of the best CFs, and one of the best left back.

Ronaldo definitely deserves tremendous credit but let's not act others didn't pull their own weight
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 am

People actually blaming Ronaldo :facepalm:

Anything decent Juve has done this season is down to mere quality of their individuals.

There is no system in place and Pirlo is out of his depth. As much as I love that man there is no one else to blame here.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 pm

Vibe wrote:People actually blaming Ronaldo :facepalm:

Anything decent Juve has done this season is down to mere quality of their individuals.

There is no system in place and Pirlo is out of his depth. As much as I love that man there is no one else to blame here.

I don't disagree, but I think the boldened part also shows that he's not solely to blame for it. I haven't watched Juve for some time, and it looked like they were fielding half of their B-team to me. I don't know if they've got injury issues, or if that's just the current state of the team. There's the few, household names, including a few veterans who seem to be well past their peak, and then there's generic player A, B, C etc.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:20 pm

The approach just needs to be balanced. To the extent people have him credit for Madrid's CL wind, he deserves blame for Juve's failures. He's not wholly to blame but he's a part of the failure, just like he was a part of Madrid's success (but not wholly the reason for success)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:00 pm

In terms of Juve's failures, I would assume the greater part of the blame rests on the board's failure to put together a team that can win things. Seems quite naïve to me, if they thought bringing in mid-30s CR7 could compensate for even older veteran players, and mediocrity in other positions.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:15 pm

Reminder that Ronaldo was the only guy who scored for them in knockouts in the two previous seasons.

Blaming him for Juve's failures is asinine.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:18 pm

Maybe Cristiano isn’t up to the Juventus level... Chiesa is 23 and scored 3 goals in two legs with the same midfield stop making excuses for "Mr. Champions League".

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Varnagel wrote:Maybe Cristiano isn’t up to the Juventus level... .

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 23 Tenor

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 pm

I actually chuckled and figure the Juve lads would answer accordingly. Mind you, Chad (or whomever is using the name) doesn't watch Juve so they really do not know much (or anything).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:42 pm

Also, fyi, Ronaldo scored a hattrick vs Atleti and all the goals for Juve vs Ajax in his first season (KO stage).

He then scored the only two goals vs Lyon last year (KO stage as well).

Chiesa scoring the 3 goals is grand and probably was great welcome but let's not pretend that Ronaldo wasn't contributing. As Lex wrote though, I blame him for the freekick lol.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:51 pm

Varnagel wrote:Maybe Cristiano isn’t up to the Juventus level... Chiesa is 23 and scored 3 goals in two legs with the same midfield stop making excuses for "Mr. Champions League".

Bruh

I'm no fan of Ronaldo but the garbage that some people spew is unbelievable. He's way too good for this shit Juve team with a shit manager who has no clue about anything.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:15 pm

I haven't seen Chad and Varangel for weeks on here. What a coincidence that they would both re-appear at the same time. I'm mighty surprised Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:20 pm

Doc wrote:I actually chuckled and figure the Juve lads would answer accordingly. Mind you, Chad (or whomever is using the name) doesn't watch Juve so they really do not know much (or anything).

No need to argue with Chad in 2021 about anything to do with Benzema, Higuain, or Ronaldo.

Anyway, Ronaldo is amazing. Even at his age he is an incredible player to have, and that I say in all respects. Ronaldo at Juve has been an example, a leader, always positive.

Sure he had a bad game vs Porto, but that's what the other 22 players in the squad are for. He can't bail us out every time. Chiesa was massive over the two matches, few others were at his level.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:51 pm

His most substantial decline, from what I've noticed based on his time at Real Madrid, was that he had a very noticeably poor start to the season before we won our last Champions League trophy, and that poor start was extended even further during the season when we won it.

Ironically, we had a tough time advancing through the group stages as a result of him firing blanks and looking like a shadow of himself - which he rectified when he did hit form, after the turn of the year.

His start to life at Juventus was a bit similar, as he went on his usual goalscoring drought, but the overall performance level was higher - perhaps due to a boost in motivation, being at a new club.

I don't know how he's performed since then, as I stopped watching Juve regularly at some point during his first season there. He's still a fantastic athlete, but that can also conceal flaws that are more difficult to grasp. I get the impression that he's not quite as consistent as he used to be.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:02 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Yes, his stay at Juventus has been disappointing all things considered. I know he's scoring regularly in the league, but he was signed to give them that extra edge they were lacking in the CL, and so far, he has failed.

I wouldn't put the blame solely on him though. Juventus should share a big chunk of the blame for making very bad decisions. I really don't know all of their ins and outs, but it seems to me that moving away from Marotta and Max was a big mistake because their replacement weren't as good.

Ronaldo is certainly losing his magic by the day now given his age, but I kinda feel things might've been slightly different for him with a better coach and a more suitable system.

Eh, no. The mistake was not moving away from Marotta and Allegri sooner. Marotta saddled us with old and/or overpayed players which hampered our ability to make moves on the market. That's how we ended up with Ramsey and Rabiot, because we couldn't afford better playes. And Allegri instilled a lethargic and conservative style into the team that we still have problems shaking off

As for Ronaldo, he wasn't brought in to give Juve that edge necessary to win the CL. That's just something that people unfamiliar with the team ("out of town stupid" as someone calls them) repeat ad nauseam because they got conned by that 3-1 win over Real. But, the reality is that Juventus have been on a steady decline since the 2017 final against Real. They were outplayed thoroughly by Spurs the next year and went through only because of Higuain's brilliance, they were awful in the first Real game and they were awful in Serie A.

The main reason Ronaldo was brought in was money. Our contracts with Adidas and Jeep were bumped by 30 mil each, the Adidas one only after a couple of months after he arrived. The other reason, which Paratici mentioned himself, was to give a shot in the arm to a tired team. And it worked, the team got off to a great start and won Serie A by December. That's not to say that they didn't try to win the CL, but they did more than just get Roanldo for that. They got Cancelo, Can and brought back Bonucci, but there's only so much you can do when you're coached by Allegri. Especially when your name is Cancelo
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:16 am

El Gunner wrote:looking at that list, does anyone also feel the game became more scorer/scoring friendly in the 2010s as opposed to 2000s and before of course. Like for instance, if Henry was a bit later in time so that his peak fell in the 2010s surely he makes that list too. Maybe Rooney as well.

And also it's easier to statpad in foreign leagues compared to the GOAT league. :coffee:

Well, they changed the offside rule in 2005. Without it, I don't know if we would have had GOAT Barca. Also, Messi and Ronaldo's number are a bit inflated because they played in super teams and in a very offensive league against weak competition
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:35 am

Casciavit wrote:

That I fault him for. Laughing

You can fault him for a lot more. For instance, not only for not helping the build up, but for actually hurting it by misplacing simple passes and by popping in places where he should not be. Especially on the left wing, from where he still thinks he can dribble past a couple of defenders and then pop one in the top corner, even though he hasn't been physically capable of doing that for a couple of years now.

Or for having the rest of the team mentally subjugated, especially Morata, who fucks up counterattack after counterattack because, instead of making the right choice, he's concerned with passing the ball to Cristiano. A couple of times, he even had a 1on1 with the keeper and instead of shooting, he forced the ball to Ronaldo.

And then there's the fucking free kicks. When it comes to them, he has turned into one of those sitcom clowns who are unaware of how dumb they are. He just stands there, with his legs spread and taking deep breaths, trying to picture how he's gonna put it in, when everyone in the world knows he's just gonna hit the wall
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next