Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Firenze
Lucifer
Jay29
45 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 14 - Page 6 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 14

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:15 pm

Surely thats the last string in the guitar for Wenger? He's got to be buried after this

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 14 - Page 6 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 14

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:18 pm

easy win for spurs as expected
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Nobody wants 4th spot by the looks of it
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Yes, the way Wenger sets up his teams is always the same. Only last year he started making changes against big teams, consciously allowing the likes of City, Bayern etc to have possession. It actually worked well for Arsenal and brought the likes of Coquelin premature nickname 'New Vieira'. I am equally surprised that he's gone to the 3-man backline. It is a glimmer of hope.

Tactically I still admire the way Arsenal play. But Wenger doesn't have it in himself to convince these players any more. Not the style of play, not the fighting mentality. He already knows Sánchez is leaving, his empty words reminds me of when he promised Nasri and Fàbregas will not leave north London only hours before they made their transfers official.

Next week Arsenal have a must-win match at home against a tired, bruised and injury-hit United. Here is Wenger's chance to finally beat Mourinho but more importantly to have a chance at staying in top 4. On paper, this should be an easy match and I hope Arsenal can pull it off. Let's see.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Didn't lose 5-0.

Good result tbh.

Good old fashioned mid-table clash against United next week to look forward to now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:26 pm

danyjr wrote:Yes, the way Wenger sets up his teams is always the same. Only last year he started making changes against big teams, consciously allowing the likes of City, Bayern etc to have possession. It actually worked well for Arsenal and brought the likes of Coquelin premature nickname 'New Vieira'. I am equally surprised that he's gone to the 3-man backline. It is a glimmer of hope.

Tactically I still admire the way Arsenal play. But Wenger doesn't have it in himself to convince these players any more. Not the style of play, not the fighting mentality. He already knows Sánchez is leaving, his empty words reminds me of when he promised Nasri and Fàbregas will not leave north London only hours before they made their transfers official.

Next week Arsenal have a must-win match at home against a tired, bruised and injury-hit United. Here is Wenger's chance to finally beat Mourinho but more importantly to have a chance at staying in top 4. On paper, this should be an easy match and I hope Arsenal can pull it off. Let's see.

Our red devils team is unbeaten in 7 months in the league

This game is going to be far from easy even though we have had the worst luck in football history this season

I think you will bottle it as usual.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Unfortunately I think the league is over regardless after Chelsea's win today.

Still. There is no St. Totteringham's day this year.

I'd like to thank all my fans for sticking with me when times were tough, I've not seen one of these days my entire life.

Lads, Spurs are finishing above Arsenal.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:28 pm

S wrote:Our red devils team is unbeaten in 7 months in the league

This game is going to be far from easy even though we have had the worst luck in football history this season

GL jinx? hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:31 pm

It's interesting, City has a better record away than at home.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 pm

danyjr wrote:
S wrote:Our red devils team is unbeaten in 7 months in the league

GL jinx? hmm
My heart bleeds for United and I would never backstab my best friend

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:11 pm

iftikhar wrote:It's interesting, City has a better record away than at home.

Wasn't aware they had home games hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:45 pm

danyjr wrote:I wonder where Arsenal and Spurs would have ended up this season if Wenger had been in charge of Spurs and Pochettino in charge of Arsenal.

A few days ago a nobody said only Sánchez would make it to the Tottenham squad. Really? Özil, Ramsey, Bellerín, Koscielny, Cech are scrubs now?

The difference is the mentality instilled by the manager. Not the players.
lazy red herring attack here. Just because some of those players wouldn't make the spurs squad doesn't mean they're scrubs.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Just noticed there is a 17 point gap between spurs and Arsenal SEVENTEEN Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:43 pm

You are finishing above us for the first time in 25 years

sit down son

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 pm

battle for 4th continues to be exciting

what a time to be alive

need Pool to slip up tomorrow now.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 am

Huge day for us BC

Glad that you've been there with me since the beginning
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 01, 2017 12:38 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Just noticed there is a 17 point gap between spurs and Arsenal SEVENTEEN Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is what happens when we are not there to give 6 points to Arsenal every year and take 6 points from Spurs.

We bring balance to the force and without it we get Emperor Eriksen smh :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 01, 2017 12:52 am

I just wanted to say to anyone who doubted Victor Wanyama as a signing can gtfo

One of the best signings in the EPL this season and has been imperious in the midfield for Tottenham. He's a really talented midfielder tbh. Strong, quick, and not without good positional sense either. You rarely see him lunging into tackles and he's better on the ball than most gave him credit for, he's really quite decent technically. See: his passes to Kane and Son today that lead to two very good goalscoring chances.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 01, 2017 1:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Just noticed there is a 17 point gap between spurs and Arsenal SEVENTEEN Laughing Laughing Laughing

ArsenalFanTv claiming there is no power shift in north London Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 01, 2017 3:35 am

Kick wrote:

ArsenalFanTv claiming there is no power shift in north London Laughing

Well to be fair calling it a "power shift" is far too strong. Even if Arsenal finish 7th if you're a promising player would you rather join Arsenal or Spurs? They have the money and the prestige, and that's unlikely to change any time soon. Spurs' budget will be stuck on their stadium for many seasons to come, even if they manage to secure CL football regularly.

Still. 17 points. It's one thing to finish on top of another but be in the same ball range. 17 points is like the difference between Barca/RM and the rest. Not even in the same category.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 01, 2017 3:42 am

It's not a full power shift, but it is the beginning of one.

They're talking like this is a minor blip and they'll be above Spurs next season regardless. Then in the next sentence they're saying that minimum 6 players, the manager and the board need to go if they want top 4 next season.

Unless something changes Spurs will finish above Arsenal again next season, so a power shift is happening.

Also, Henry recently came out and said that no promising player should find Arsenal an attractive destination anymore, so, I think the decision to join Spurs or Arsenal is harder than ever, especially if neither team changes managers in the off season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon May 01, 2017 3:59 am

Kick wrote:It's not a full power shift, but it is the beginning of one.

They're talking like this is a minor blip and they'll be above Spurs next season regardless. Then in the next sentence they're saying that minimum 6 players, the manager and the board need to go if they want top 4 next season.

Unless something changes Spurs will finish above Arsenal again next season, so a power shift is happening.

Also, Henry recently came out and said that no promising player should find Arsenal an attractive destination anymore, so, I think the decision to join Spurs or Arsenal is harder than ever, especially if neither team changes managers in the off season.

Again? Just like how Leicester will again finish in the top spots like last season. Like how Chelsea will again finish in the midtable like last season. We're talking about the same Spurs right...?

Arsenal have been atrocious but still will be a more attractive destination than Spurs for the foreseeable future. Despite Arsenal not winning anything significant, they have been able to land players of Sanchez's caliber. The best Spurs can do is Vincent Janssen.

17 points bs means nothing. Leicester finished 15 points of ahead of Manchester clubs last season, and 10-11 points ahead of Arsenal and Tottenham. Unless Spurs can repeat the same feat consistently, that is when a legitimate "power shift" will begin. They have literally won jackshit over the last decade Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 am

No, I'm talking about the Spurs team who have been improving their league position for the last three season.

Not the one season wonders in Leicester, nor the ill-fated Jose's Chelsea.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 01, 2017 7:11 am

Arsenal finished 21 points over Chelsea last season, was that also the beginning of a power shift? Laughing

This was a shit season true, but it is still just one season. And even in our worst season since Wenger arrived, we are in the FA Cup final while Tottenham haven't won shit in their best season ever.

As soon as Pochettino leaves Tottenham they'll turn back to where they belong. Can see Real Madrid picking him after Zidane.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 01, 2017 8:07 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Arsenal finished 21 points over Chelsea last season, was that also the beginning of a power shift? Laughing

This was a shit season true, but it is still just one season. And even in our worst season since Wenger arrived, we are in the FA Cup final while Tottenham haven't won shit in their best season ever.

As soon as Pochettino leaves Tottenham they'll turn back to where they belong. Can see Real Madrid picking him after Zidane.

If Chelsea gave Jose all the power and didn't sack him regardless of how poor he was, then yes, it would have been the beginning of a power shift.

And if you lose the FA cup final, you'll have won nothing either but they'll be in the CL and you won't be.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon May 01, 2017 8:21 am

Spuds are not going anywhere, Arsenal are going down creating an illusion that Spuds are moving up. Can see them getting stomped by Young Boys or Beer sheva next season in Europe.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next