Firenze
S
Lucifer
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
17 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by M99 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:23 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 33 AIsEHQldeJmNkdb2I6mKCzKKvBozOuqmxWv7co95g8Q

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 33 RjSdDFT

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Would go with a new TV 14 show and a wrestling themed scripted drama imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:16 pm

I have seen promos by Ryback and Reigns. Hornswoggle wrestling that little horse thing. Divas trying to be relevant etc

but that

that is one of the most cringe worthy segment I have ever seen.

Crowd is so dead. They don't know what to do.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:27 am

Some meh ones in there but dat Usos and New Day battle rap.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:32 am

RealGunner wrote:

I have seen promos by Ryback and Reigns. Hornswoggle wrestling that little horse thing. Divas trying to be relevant etc

but that

that is one of the most cringe worthy segment I have ever seen.

Crowd is so dead. They don't know what to do.

Like I genuinely can't even bring myself to watch it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:43 am

Always hated Zigglypuff. Not surprised he's bombing that gimmick hard.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:44 am

Main man Tomasso, haven't read your opinions on 'rastlin in a while. Thoughts on the current product?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:02 am

A few months ago I got really bored with the product, but I hung around for the main event which i'm thankful I did because it's actually been consistently great.

Still hyping main man Braun, always believed in him

S'moa Joe might be FAT but he's a top rassler. Looked great in his singles match with Lesnar

Cena - Reigns is banter but should've been done at SS/Mania.

I gave up on smackdown, although I seen Vince went out of his way to make K.O legit. Great segment, hate 80% of what Vince does/believes in these days but as a promoter he's still a legend.

On a side note RIP Bray. Ruined him, can't even watch him now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 am

Yeah Braun and Joe have been fantastic in the last few months. I'm pretty sure Brock will win at No Mercy, and keep the title at WM where he'll drop it to Reigns. So Reigns can get ANOTHER coronation. Laughing

Cena-Reigns was great in the first week. What followed it was pretty meh. I liked Reigns promo this week tho.

I don't watch SD and I haven't since the superstar shakeup. But I have seen the odd clips here and there. The KO segment was amazing, agreed. Sadly, I have a feeling Shane will go over lmao. They view him as a PPV draw and they can't always have him lose at the moment.

As for Bray, I'm a fan of the character, but I haven't watched a segment of his in months. He'll need a face run for me to consider him relevant ever again.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:39 am

Joe got injured at such an awful time, Strowman aside he's probably the guy who had the most momentum in the company.

I'd go as far as to say he was this year's AJ Styles, I hope he can recover that momentum post injury.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am

I agree with Cascia on the Reigns promo this week though, thought it was really good as Reigns promos go.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Completely agree on the Bray thing, he is dead in my eyes, nothing he says will entice me anymore, nothing about him coming out will excite me, his PPV record is horrific. Guy had a great premise which then diluted to the same recycled 2spooky4me promos and PPV losses. Heck, i'm sure if you brought back Husky Harris he'd generate more interest than Bray nowadays lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with Cascia on the Reigns promo this week though, thought it was really good as Reigns promos go.

Reigns's promo strike me as things he come up with in the shower 30 minutes later after arguing with Cena.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 pm

M99 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with Cascia on the Reigns promo this week though, thought it was really good as Reigns promos go.

Reigns's promo strike me as things he come up with in the shower 30 minutes later after arguing with Cena.

Laughing Agree tbh, still though if that makes him do that level of promo ( by his standards obviously) i hope he comes up with more in the shower tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Didn't realise Cena was on Edge and Christian's podcast.

Will probably listen to that tomorrow.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:36 pm

No Mercy today, lads.

Haven't checked the odds and don't plan on doing so.

Two WM-worthy matches on tonight. Reigns-Cena and Strowman-Lesnar.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Easy Reigns and Lesnar win

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 pm

I genuinely don't care lol.

BTW I ended up listening to the Edge and Christian podcast with Cena, it was great.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:07 pm

anything interesting they talked about?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Loads actually but this explains it better than I could

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/71rryk/some_notes_from_john_cenas_appearance_on_edge_and/
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Very open and honest conversation there. Reading in the comments that he called himself "at the lower end of mediocre" in terms of wrestling ability. Bit unfair on himself as he may not be a great technical wrestler but is very good.

Cena says that while the roster is more gifted then ever he feels that with the absence of a marquee personality there is a giant grand canyon of relationship between superstar and audience and he doesn't know who are lot of these guys are.

This is so true man. Being a good technical wrestler is getting these guys nowhere. People can't connect to anyone from NXT because their personalities are garbage. When people talk about Rock and Austin, they never mention their wrestling skills as the first topic of conversation but rather how amazing their characters were.

MT called this one 4 years ago tbh :coffee:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Then there's guys like Kenny Omega, who's character and wrestling skill is so elite, just look at this quote from him

"When I perform, I give you of my heart and of my soul. And even though that heart is black, and that soul is mostly gone, it's still enough to be better than everyone else."

Unreal performer
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:05 pm

In fairness most of the ones MT has criticized are not actually known for their wrestling skills as first topic of conversation.

The only one that was probably AJ Styles and he's probably the most over one of them all. Laughing

Those guys are not over and no one disagrees with that, as usual with MT most of the analysis is incomplete.

Also while i don't disagree with Cena, in fact i agree whole heartedly with him and always have on this subject.

But like with MT i feel his argument is incomplete, because it ignores the impact the creative and more so Vince has had on these guys.

Obviously he's not gonna shit on Vince so it's understandable, but use one example in Bray Wyatt. His booking of Bray is the sole reason the guy isn't a mega star, i always harp on about this but pre attitude era(1995-96) they probably had the most talented roster ever and it went nowhere because the booking was horrendous.

While Cena is completely right in every thing he says, you cannot ignore how awful the creative is. Also people don't want to remember this but Stone Cold was the Ringmaster and even when he cut that promo at KOTR 1996 about Austin 3:16 WWE wants you to believe he became a star over night but it took like another 2 years lmao.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Also Kenny Omega's wrestling is what people bring up as the first point of conversation with him btw lol.

All anyone talks about with him is did you see that match or this match, i have never seen anyone mention a Kenny Omega promo in my life.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 pm

Adam Cole is known for his promos and character work, his ring work is not anything special. Same with Bobby Roode.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:06 am

Yeah not a big fan of Kenny's promos myself tbh.

Second best wrestler in the world after Okada though.

He has a personality, so I hope WWE signs him.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next